Revlon ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup

3.1

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide (3.7%). Non-Medicinal/Other Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Mica, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Butylene Glycol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Chloride, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Water, Viola Tricolor Extract, Methicone, Sodium Polyacrylate, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is a good powder foundation. I liked how it felt cold & wet when it applied. I love the attached brush. Really nice. It has tons of sparkle to it. I noticed it more when it was on my hand than when it was on my face.

This feels AMAZING when I put it on my skin! It's so cooling and moisturizing :)

Unfortunately, that's the only good thing about this "foundation". It gives little coverage with A LOT of shimmer and is way too expensive for a drugstore product. The packaging would be great for traveling ... if the brush worked well.

I do use this over my liquid foundation because the 'aqua' aspect of the product is good for my dry skin. I wouldn't use this alone because my skin has a bunch of red patches all over. It would work as a foundation for someone with pretty good skin.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really liked this foundation. It gave me coverage through out the day and made my skin look smooth. Really liked the way it looked. It gave me shimmer but not disco ball shimmer.

on 1/20/2011 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am devastated that this product is replacing the regular ColorStay Mineral powder foundation, which I have been using since soon after it came out.

The foundation looked good from a distance, but from close up, it emphasized all the pores on my nose and the apples of my cheeks. The shiny aspect of the powder made matters worse. It looked liked there was paint on my face. Just horrible. I've already returned it.

The packaging is an improvement on the regular ColorStay Mineral Powder, although I don't think that the jar can be opened, so transferring it could be a problem.

Overall, a huge disappointment.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

CONS
This foundation is only avaliable in 5 shades.
It provides little to no coverage.
Expensive ($13) for drugstore brand.
Product feels gross when applying; cold & wet.

PROS
Great for perfect skin.

on 1/18/2011 9:39:00 AM

I'm really conflicted as to whether or not I like this foundation and would buy it again. First of all, not having read or heard anything about this and just buying it on a whim, I was unprepared for the cool, wet feeling upon application. It took some getting used to. I can actually feel the foundation "set" while drying on my face and it does tend to stay on for a long time. I don't like the brush it came with. I find it applies more evenly with a powder brush. I am disappointed in the lack of coverage. I had to apply a few coats to cover my redness and freckles and it made my pores more visible. I agree with the others that the color range is limited. I chose Medium and it's the right shade for me. I think I'll stick to my HG foundation, Color Stay liquid, and use this when I want something fast and easy.

Update: As much as I wanted to like this foundation, I now find that it oxidizes on me and turns orange. It also emphasizes pores and line and melts off before the day is over. I have brought this down to 1 lippie. I'm giving it one lippie because it's innovative but not because it works well.

on 1/16/2011 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

A Mineral foundation that feels a little wet when first applied is kind of weird. However, the coverage and natural finish is great! Some have claimed that this is too sparkly, I find it to have just a subtle glow. After all many mineral foundations are loaded with either mica or bismuth. For a drugstore product, it's expensive. I paid $12US for this on sale. You do get a lot though, about 9.9g. The packaging for the brush is clever and the bristles are that really soft synthetic type but I certainly wouldn't use it instead of a good regular brush. It also could use a screen or something to keep the powder from getting too messy. Still, I love this foundation. The shade practically disappears into my skin and applying this is a cinch. It actually looks better on me than the liquid Illamasqua Rich foundation that I recently bought which cost $32US.

on 1/16/2011 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I tried this on #60 (I think medium), the highest # that I could find. I had Olay Regenerist Serum as moisturizer, Phillips' MOM as primer for my super oily skin, and this Revlon as foundation. I used accompanied brush as foundation brush and it worked well. It lasted almost all day and not too oily (again, I had MOM). The reason I returned mine is the color match, I already had MOM to control oil, the 60 is too pale on my face, even in the winter. The nearby drugstores do not have color higher than 60. I may try medium-deep if I can find that color. I did not use finishing powder. When I tried it without MOM, I got greasy very quickly, of course, it's aqua and for dry skin. I like this aqua more than regular colorstay mineral foundation that I tried over 2 years ago.

BTW, I like accompanied brush. I used this as foundation as advertised and it's foundation brush. It is synthetic and very soft. When took it out from handle case, it is the right size, if you like short kabuki, this is about the same size. If you hate your brushes, send those to me to clean my keyboards ;)

Edit 1/21/11: I got #70 Medium deep and it is better match. For the summer, I prefer deep. I just wish it has no glitter and the price is lower. The coverage is natural but builtable.

on 1/14/2011 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

First, I want to make it clear that I am using this over my foundation or tinted moisturizer as a finishing powder, not as a stand alone mineral foundation. I have been looking for something to replace my Dior mineral powder, which has a remarkably similar feel and texture (and a much higher price point). So for my needs this is great. It imparts a nice finish, not matte, natural looking, perhaps a bit shiny to some but I think it looks fresh. The brush that is attached to the bottle is basically useless, but I keep it with me in case I need to touch up a small section of my face. I normally apply the powder with my stipple brush. I have this in the Medium color, and it works very well on my skin. I am pleased.

on 1/11/2011 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Pros
medium to high coverage
cooling sensation when applied

Cons
contains shimmer
not many shades to choose from
expensive for a DS brand
applicator doesn't work very well

I like this product so far. It offers great coverage for me and feels like I'm not even wearing makeup. I love how it doesn't contain bismuth. Most powders do and I think that's what caused me to break out with my last foundation. I will update after I use it for a while.