April 16, 2014 | 985 users online

Powder - Revlon - ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Selenite

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A Mineral foundation that feels a little wet when first applied is kind of weird. However, the coverage and natural finish is great! Some have claimed that this is too sparkly, I find it to have just a subtle glow. After all many mineral foundations are loaded with either mica or bismuth. For a drugstore product, it's expensive. I paid $12US for this on sale. You do get a lot though, about 9.9g. The packaging for the brush is clever and the bristles are that really soft synthetic type but I certainly wouldn't use it instead of a good regular brush. It also could use a screen or something to keep the powder from getting too messy. Still, I love this foundation. The shade practically disappears into my skin and applying this is a cinch. It actually looks better on me than the liquid Illamasqua Rich foundation that I recently bought which cost $32US.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 1:45:00 PM More reviews by nyomya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I tried this on #60 (I think medium), the highest # that I could find. I had Olay Regenerist Serum as moisturizer, Phillips' MOM as primer for my super oily skin, and this Revlon as foundation. I used accompanied brush as foundation brush and it worked well. It lasted almost all day and not too oily (again, I had MOM). The reason I returned mine is the color match, I already had MOM to control oil, the 60 is too pale on my face, even in the winter. The nearby drugstores do not have color higher than 60. I may try medium-deep if I can find that color. I did not use finishing powder. When I tried it without MOM, I got greasy very quickly, of course, it's aqua and for dry skin. I like this aqua more than regular colorstay mineral foundation that I tried over 2 years ago.

BTW, I like accompanied brush. I used this as foundation as advertised and it's foundation brush. It is synthetic and very soft. When took it out from handle case, it is the right size, if you like short kabuki, this is about the same size. If you hate your brushes, send those to me to clean my keyboards ;)

Edit 1/21/11: I got #70 Medium deep and it is better match. For the summer, I prefer deep. I just wish it has no glitter and the price is lower. The coverage is natural but builtable.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2011 11:39:00 AM More reviews by bborsody

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First, I want to make it clear that I am using this over my foundation or tinted moisturizer as a finishing powder, not as a stand alone mineral foundation. I have been looking for something to replace my Dior mineral powder, which has a remarkably similar feel and texture (and a much higher price point). So for my needs this is great. It imparts a nice finish, not matte, natural looking, perhaps a bit shiny to some but I think it looks fresh. The brush that is attached to the bottle is basically useless, but I keep it with me in case I need to touch up a small section of my face. I normally apply the powder with my stipple brush. I have this in the Medium color, and it works very well on my skin. I am pleased.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by missjessica87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Pros
medium to high coverage
cooling sensation when applied

Cons
contains shimmer
not many shades to choose from
expensive for a DS brand
applicator doesn't work very well

I like this product so far. It offers great coverage for me and feels like I'm not even wearing makeup. I love how it doesn't contain bismuth. Most powders do and I think that's what caused me to break out with my last foundation. I will update after I use it for a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2011 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Theaflower

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product reminds me so much of a much more expensive product I used to buy by the Japanese company "Awake"==I have oily skin and love this applied lightly to absorb oil over a light liquid foundation--as a powder this works well for me and is very cooling to my often flushed skin!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by acsche

This is pretty bad. I've NEVER had to return a Revlon product, but this time I absolutely had to.

LITTLE TO NO COVERAGE
There is little to no coverage --- incredibly disappointing when the bottle reads "flawless finish." Regardless of the applicator, you will not get the same result as a traditional mineral makeup. At best, you need to use the applicator or a foundation brush to *PACK* the product on, layer by layer to get anything to show up. This is sad... and after doing that, you get a cakey, awful look.

TOO LUMINOUS FOR A FOUNDATION
The little glitter particles aren't awful by themselves, if it were in an eyeshadow --- but what they do is exaggerate your pores and imperfections.

PRICE IS TOO HIGH
It's $14 USD or less, depending on where you get it or if there is a sale... but for the above reasons, this product is, *at best* a setting powder and I have setting powders that give better coverage.

PLUS++
Packaging is innovative and fun.. but that's it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2011 5:19:00 PM More reviews by senkri

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I live in the boonies and have to order my foundation so I bought this in a pinch. I dont mind it, I have had better. Its neat how it feels moist as you are applying. The staying power is typical of "revlon colorstay" 3 or 4 hours before I need a touch up. You can apply this in layers and if you do it properly, the coverage can be heavier because it is quite light. I recomend spot layers like under eyes etc, then its fine. Not bad, not great.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by rainflowers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i just bought this product and already i am loving it. i am a foundation junky as i have so much trouble something that suits my skin. i am in my 40's and have red blotchies and little red veins. this has them covered! much to my surprise after getting home with it and then going online to read the reviews about it.
i am pleased with it so far. so will see how it goes all day at work. that will be the test!
i won't repeat what others have already said. tho i do like the cool to the face feel.
i am an australian and my skin is harsh looking at times from the sun. and i find this product cheap cheap cheap. at least in canada. the brush is ok. seems to put it on without any problems. i would buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Xuxa13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a little mystified by the reviews that state the coverage is sub par. For me, it's just fine. I'd grown tired of MAC Studio Fix day in/day out, so when I saw the commercial for this (heh, I know) it worked. I bought it the next day at Ulta (but did not read the reviews on here first).. When I did, I became a little disappointed and prepared for a bad experience, but surprisingly, I was pleased! The application was smooth (used an Essence of Beauty buki brush) and there was a sort of wet, cool sensation while applying it. The color, Light, blended well. My unfortunate chin zits were pretty well covered, as were my freckles and other unsightly face things - not completely, but I've never been one to favor a full coverage because on me, it looks strange. So I guess I would describe it as medium coverage. The best part - it lasted all through the work day. I would buy it again, but maybe with a coupon or during a sale next time because I thought $13 was a little much. The packaging is, of course, standard mineral sifter jar which can be a mess if you're not careful.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by 6thmercury

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised about how good this product is considering how it's a drug store product. It lasts me a long time like a long time. From 9 am to 5 pm, this product is still on my face. When putting it on the face, the powder creates this weird wet/damp feeling after applying on my face hence the 'aqua' in the name. I think Revlon made it so that it's meant for dry skin. It also has medium buildable coverage. For the drugstore mineral foundation, it's not bad at all