July 28, 2014 | 1045 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Jessthebest1230

This foundation is okay. I don't think it covers as well as most others. I do like the price, which is why I will purchase it again.
    I usually put powder on top of my foundation anyway, but I would still like a little better coverage. But for now, I will purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by makeupxo

I feel as if I am the only one who doesn't like this foundation. I have combination skin so I got the formula for dry skin but somehow it managed to cling on to my dry patches. It also looked horrible when applied with my fingers.

Pros:
    cheaper than high end foundations
    long lasting
    oil control

Cons:
    no pump!
    drying (dry formula!)
    too matte
    cakey
    thick
    felt very heavy on the skin
    made me break out
    expensive for drugstore (20$ in Canada)

I would not buy this foundation again and there is still so much of the bottle left. Waste of my money :(

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by goldchocobo

I have been using this on and off for about 6 months.

I like it, I really do. But there are a few things to consider!

Pros: Awesome coverage. I like my foundation on the thicker side, and this stuff delivers. If I'm in a hurry, I just tuck it below my eyes and run out the door. I can also dodge concealer by going over minor blemishes with a concealer brush once I did an overall foundation swipe. It's highly efficient. And a little goes a long way. I use a kabuki or my fingers. I used to use a stipling brush and that worked fine too. Just buff a little and you can't go wrong. Also, you can get it in normal or oily/combination variations. Awesome!

Cons: Can look mask-like. I don't really know how else to describe it. Get a good match, or it looks like you are moonlighting as a Geisha in your spare time. I bought this in "Ivory" and it was a tad too light, making me look a little...umm..chalky (and Im vampire pale)? It looked a tad obvious because of it's high coverage qualities. Double check your shade matching. I fixed the problem by mixing it with a physician's formula BB cream that's too dark for me. Two wrongs combined make a right in my world.

Also, no pump. Whatever, I'll live.

Staying power was good. And I didnt break out. I set it with a translucent powder (MAC) and it didnt give me trouble. But I will definately buy the next shade up when I grab it again...and I totally will. Now if only I didnt buy the whipped foundation a shade too dark.... I just never learn!

It's a great foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by ihoardmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

This is AWESOMMEEE. I don't know how if fairs on dry skin but on my oily skin it's amazing! This looks gorgeous no matter how I apply it, and it lasts all day without touch ups! I apply a light transparent powder after use, and it normally lasts me all day! (But we don't have the hottest of weather here so... Maybe for others it would be different.) Definitely a HG for me! It can feel a little heavy, but what do you expect from a full coverage foundation? And it has a very strong scent.... One other thing is I do wish this came with a pump! It would make like a lot easier because sometimes you accidentally pour out too much. Those two things alon bring it down one lippie but it is still one of my top foundations ever!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2013 3:03:00 AM More reviews by 4ft11flipper211

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using Revlon ColorStay foundation religiously for nearly 2 years. It never disappoints and stays on almost all day (as long as I remember to set it with powder). I used to have really dry skin and used the formula for dry skin. Then I started using acne medication and it completely flipped my skin so it's now pretty oily (in the morning you can see the oil seeping out of the pores in my T-zone). It was simple: the formula for dry skin was slipping off my face so I switched over to the formula for oily skin. Problem solved! I switch between the shade 320 and 330 depending on the season. Always perfect!!

The only thing I do wish is that it had a pump instead of being an open bottle. Pumps are much easier and much more sanitary.

But even then, I'll always always always repurchase! It's a high-end quality foundation for the price of a drugstore foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by carouselgirl2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've tried numerous drug store brands but always come back to this one! It's a full coverage foundation and I prefer that. I have oily skin and this controls it really well. Most other foundations tend to disappear after a few hours but not this one. It lasts all day for me. I use an E.L.F. foundation brush to apply it and it goes on smooth and natural looking. Covers evenly and disguises blemishes well. I will definitely repurchase this product. I'm done trying different brands.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Shelby3387

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros:
    good coverage for a drug store foundation

cons:
    got cakey after a few hours
    hard to apply
    smelt like paint
    made my dry skin show a lot more
    color didnt match well

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by criticize

Best drugstore foundation I've ever tried. I don't know how many bottles I've gone through, at least 10+ by now. There is a noticeable (for me anyway) difference between the Normal/Dry and Combo/Oily. Originally I thought because I have dry skin, I'd go with normal/dry (duh). But it's more streaky and liquidy, and doesn't stay on as well as the combo/oily, but the combo is thicker/heavier as it provides better coverage. Depends on your preference of foundations but I just grab the combo because it's a great medium to full coverage look and stays on all day. I'm not sure about the 24 hour claim on some of the bottles because I've never worn it for THAT long but I've worn my foundation for 16 hours on a hot, hard, working day and it literally stayed put (with drugstore primer+finishing powder). 150 Buff is my colour as I'm very fair with yellow undertones, I think Ivory is really pink under toned from what I could see in stores. The price is decent, I buy it for around 12$ a bottle which honestly I'd rather pay an extra 5ish $ for a great foundation than settle for something around 7$ and be unsatisfied. It lasts me a long time even though I use it every single day. I don't even use concealer all the time and I had horrible acne which this foundation covered all up beautifully. It has a nice sort of dewy finish -- it's not too wet, and not mattifying, it's just a perfect blend. I always set my foundations with a powder for extra assurance that my face won't melt off. As mentioned before, I have dry skin but I have an extremely oily nose, which is literally impossible to counteract and I have to blot it when I wear Colorstay, but I have to blot my nose constantly even when I'm not wearing makeup because it just overproduces oil, aka I don't blame the foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Shasta333

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. I like to try different ones just to experiment and see if there is something better, but always come back to this one. My face gets super oily with most foundations and even with no makeup, but this seems to keep it under control. Also it covers very well without looking like a lot of makeup. I use the revlon colorstay pressed powder to set it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Vickysolegit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product . For a pharmacy makeup I thought it was amazing ! It stayed on my face all day . I always put a light powder over my foundations to set it and to remove any shiny spots . Using that it looked great . But I am young & are very prone to acne marks so I just put a little concealer on my marks & discoloration to make it look really nice