September 17, 2014 | 1326 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2013 4:57:00 AM More reviews by AlexisRosee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After starting to use Revlon Colorstay it became my absolute FAVORITE foundation! It covers great, it feels like what they would put on you for a commercial, because it's so flawless looking. But, i'm no longer using it because unfortunately there are a lot more negatives than positives. Now we all have different types of skin, but this foundation is SO heavy that it clogs your pores, and i learned that the hard way! It gave me terrible and i mean TERRIBLE acne. Every time i wear it i'll have a new pimple once i get it all washed off and when i wake up the amount will just grow one after another. And i'm still struggling with the breakout it gave me the last time i wore it. Also another thing is that is drys REALLY quickly and ends up leaving streaks if you don't blend fast. Good if you're looking to cover freckles and other flaws, but not worth it the aftermath.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by SarahDelevingne

So i love the finish of the foundation, it make your skin look flawless and the coverage is amazing! it literally stays on all day, No joke. What really set me off is the bottle! i wasted SO MUCH of this product getting it out.When you do get some out goes everywhere and pours way to much. It doesn't have a pump which i really think Revlon should change. It always drys out and turns crusty since pouring it out is so messy and gets all over the bottle. I would like to start buying this foundation again but i wont if they don't change the bottle
    ~ SarahDelevinge :*
    ( im not sure if your can buy this product with a pump now, I haven't checked in awhile)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by keyshias34

HORRIBLE! I purchased with high hopes for this product especially with all the hype. I felt the coverage was not good enough and it look like paint on my skin. Made my skin look worse! On another note the staying power is veryyyyyy strong took a lot of washing to get off, which made me breakout :( . I returned this the next day and purchased the revlon whipped creme makeup which looks a lot more natural LIKE SKIN and better coverage. I'm just disappointed in the shade selection but way better than this crap !

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by purplegrl66

Definitely my new HG foundation!!!!! I looooooveee this product much, much more than my Makeup Forever HD foundation, which I used before I found this. Pros: Medium to Full coverage, stays on all day, cheap, smells pretty good. Cons: dries quickly so you gotta work FAST, horrible bottle (wish it came with a pump!!!).

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Missconsistency

i got to my second tube of using until i found out it contains some of the worst skin ruining ingredients, no joke i noticed a one large pore i have never seen in my life after using this which i quickly resolved by doing Manuka UMF15+ honey mask and avene thermal spring water treatments. I found Loreal visible lift foundation in shade classic ivory to be more settling to use on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by mandypants04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very nice make up. Covers very well, and feels very light to my face. It does not feel like I am wearing anything. I really lke this foundation, and will continue buying.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by IsaRiquezes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very good foundation, it has good coverage and stays on all day, or in my case, all night since I only use it when I'm going out because I find it too heavy for everyday use and I don't really have any skin problems to cover up. I also use it to do my sister's makeup when she does her dancing recitals and it covers her blemishes up very well and leaves her skin looking flawless. The only problem I have with it is the packaging, it would be better if it had a pump because you have to pour the liquid in the brush or in your hands and sometimes too much comes out and you have to wash it off and waste it. But overall I really like it

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2013 2:28:00 AM More reviews by AnEnglishRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This used to be my HG foundation until 2 things happened.

1) They changed the formula from 8-hour to 16-hour and it made the foundation cake and oxidize darker.
    2) I found Giorgio Armani's Luminous Silk Foundation.

This is still a decent foundation and I'll go for it if I feel like I need a full-coverage foundation, but I'm not as impressed with it as I was a year ago.

I've tried returning to my bottle of this foundation a number of times because I remember how it used to set on my face a year ago. My wallet would seriously love it if I could return to this product; at 10 bucks a bottle, it's a deal. But I find the coverage to be too heavy, even when I mix it with a sunscreen to sheer it out. The lightest shade in the 'oily/combination' formula used to fit me, but with the new formula, it oxidizes a tad too dark. I feel like it's obvious I'm wearing this product and slight bumps on my face are made more prominent. The older formula also seemed to have a brightening effect on my skin - whereas this new formula makes my skin look pretty dull and flat.

The consistency is very thick! There is no pump, so I shake it upside-down quickly with my finger as a stopper to grab a little bit at a time for each section of my face. It dries quickly and can be tricky to blend. For this reason, I put on a generous amount of Neutrogena SPF 100+ beforehand, which is a thick, oily feeling lotion. I put my foundation on immediately after the lotion while it's still kind of wet and sitting on my skin. Because the formula is made for oily types, it's intended to dry extremely matte. With the oily sunscreen underneath it, I feel like it gives it a semi-matte finish which is more flattering than a dry, harsh matte. There is an odor to this foundation that is less than pleasant, but it fades right after it sets, so it's not too troublesome. I barely even notice it anymore, but someone new to the product would definitely notice.

Overall, I'm not too excited about this foundation. The only real benefits I've come up with are: It's cheap. It's widely available. It lasts for the majority of the day. It comes in a range of colors. It's highly pigmented.

It's not the best, but for the price, it's not bad to have lying around as a backup foundation.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Jessthebest1230

This foundation is okay. I don't think it covers as well as most others. I do like the price, which is why I will purchase it again.
    I usually put powder on top of my foundation anyway, but I would still like a little better coverage. But for now, I will purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by makeupxo

I feel as if I am the only one who doesn't like this foundation. I have combination skin so I got the formula for dry skin but somehow it managed to cling on to my dry patches. It also looked horrible when applied with my fingers.

Pros:
    cheaper than high end foundations
    long lasting
    oil control

Cons:
    no pump!
    drying (dry formula!)
    too matte
    cakey
    thick
    felt very heavy on the skin
    made me break out
    expensive for drugstore (20$ in Canada)

I would not buy this foundation again and there is still so much of the bottle left. Waste of my money :(