MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Pros:
- My 'go-to' foundation when I want long-lasting sweat-proof coverage.
- Great for humid weather, sporting activities and summer.
- Layer it twice and it will last all day. I touch up with Mac Blot powder.
- Last longer than all the other high-end foundations that I own (MUFE HD, LM Silk creme, Chanel DP, Nars Sheer Glow, EL DW)

Cons:
- Nil, this is the best foundation MAC has created

Note: I have just re-purchased my third bottle. It works great for the Sydney summer and humid countries like Singapore. It dries quickly and the coverage is quite matt. During winter, I mix this foundation with LM Silk Creme foundation as it tends to be a bit drying. I highly recommend this if you want your foundation to last 12 hours. I use LM oil free primer as a base.
EDIT: On my fourth bottle now. I'll never stop.

on 11/30/2013 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have brought this product a few times, not because I particularly like the finish but because I am not allergic to It.

back ground on my skin:
I have very sensitive skin and can barely use nothing on my face.
nc 20 or nc25-
acne prone
dry and porous

i apply with with fingers. once applied, this foundation makes a good base for me to then cover up all my blemishes with my Mac studio fix powder foundation which I apply with a elf concealer brush (amazing to cover blemishes)
I then use a big kabuki to set everything with rimmel face powder

finish
sheer to medium coverage on me.
not blendable as looks cakey and accentuates my dry patches and makes pores look huge
gel like texture
leaves a sheen to the skin
makes skin a weird colour

pros
amazing saying power- this stuff doesn't come off
does not break me out

cons-
the colours are so weird on me.. this foundation actually makes my skin look a lot worse then it actually is. pores look bigger, and more visible.
gives my skin a metallic scaly sheen.
but once ive covered it all up with powder its ok
if I could find a foundation im not allergic to then I would definitely not buy this again.
I only use this because I am not allergic and because it holds my powder very well.

My sister also uses this but she loves it. she has oily skin and I think this may be the reason why it looks so lovely and glowy on her but deathly on me

on 11/30/2013 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

pros - color matches prefectly - flawless look - medium to full coverage - has a pump - long lasting cons - smells like paint - can be cakey if not well blended - can give a white face in photos This is my holy grail foundation. The pros over weight the cons but I must say that the fact that it makes your face white in pictures can be annoying. The texture is thick. Pro long wear along with all M.A.C. foundations have a paint smell. In general the foundation fufills its purpose, full coverage for the whole day. -

on 11/24/2013 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

MAc's pigments are wonderful, however, it makes my skin look extremely dry, cakey, and makes me break out like crazy. I can't even let it touch my skin or else there will be a price to pay for skin treatments to get rid of all of the bumps from my face.

I wanted to love this product, and other facial cosmetics from Mac, but there is definitely some ingredient in them that doesn't work well with certain skin types. I know a handful of people that experience the same skin reaction as me, as well. Hopefully Mac can consider making their products more suitable for all skin types.

on 11/24/2013 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This foundation is very oily and since my skin was already oily, it made me break out HORRIBLY! I guess it depends on skin type but for anyone with oily or combination skin I would not recommend.

on 11/24/2013 11:45:00 AM

I bought this two weeks ago in NW15 and the color is spot on, the nw 20 was way to pinky. It is very buildable and the finisch is natural. It stays put all day long with a primer (dermalogica skin perfect). I find it even good as estee lauder dw, maybe even better because the color is perfect. For me it is the HG for now, together with estee lauder dw (old formula). In EL DW i have bone and fresco who I mix together, i wear also desert beige when i am tanned more.

PROS
- The coverage of this foundation is pretty good, I'd say it was medium but build able.
- In my opinion the colour match is perfect.
- It doesn't transfer.

CONS
- It can be a bit cakey if too much is used.

I bought this product because I was sick of not being able to find a foundation that works with my combination skin and last a long time, I'm really glad came across this product as it keeps my t-zone matte (with a setting powder) and doesn't sink in to my dry skin and look flakey.
The only thing I can think of that could be a problem is that it has to be really buffed in to the skin to get the desired effect and if you over do it a little it can get cakey when you add a setting powder, but neither of these things bother me as they are easily avoided.
Overall I love this foundation!

on 11/7/2013 7:24:00 PM

Currently using this. I like it enough to repurchase it. It stays on good for maybe about 6 hours so I like to wear it when I don't have any plans. Estée Lauder is still my goto foundation when I'm planning to stay out late.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I like this foundations lasting power and it's pretty transfer resistant. I have pretty bad acne scarring on my cheeks and ALWAYS have to use a concealer(studio finish) over top my foundation and this makeup is no exception. It is quite sheer. I tried building it upto three layers and it looked horrible and cakey and separated on my cheeks. So, I found the perfect way to wear it I just put one thin later on and conceal my scarring with my studio finish (which I have to do anyways) and I get a beautiful no makeup look type of finish.

on 11/6/2013 4:21:00 PM

I am a HUGE MAC fan, but I have to say I am disappointed with this product. After using pretty much all of MAC's foundations, bar this one I really wanted to try it. I put it on this morning and was happy with the coverage and the look of my skin, but wasn't particularly blown away. About lunch time when I looked in the mirror, I noticed my skin looked a little patchy and grey and some of the foundation had actually come off. I usually use Estee Lauder Double Wear and looking in the mirror I forgot I tried this foundation.When I remembered I had it on, I applied some Double Wear over the top and had no problems! Would not recommend this, go for Studio Fix and spritz some Fix + over the top.

Video Reviews & Tutorials