October 2, 2014 | 1949 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Wennifer1

I love MAC and I typically buy the Studio Fix Fluid but I decided to try this for summer because it's supposed to have longer lasting coverage. I can't say that I'm in love with the amount of coverage but it does outlast any other foundation I've tried. It's light coverage and lasts about 8 hours with having to blot half way through the day. I found that if you blot and then add a little more powder, you're good to go for another 4-5 hours! ...This product is worth the money. Just don't expect as much coverage as other MAC products.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 4:06:00 AM More reviews by EmRose6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

The holy grail of foundations. (Background on me: naturally ghostly white - I refuse to tan because my face turns freckle-y and red, so I spray tan frequently. Moderately oily skin, lots of acne scars/light pigmentation and frequent breakouts around the chin and jaw area) I had been an avid Revlon Colorstay user, and received a bottle of Pro Longwear as a gift. Let's just say I've never looked back! I find that Pro Longwear has medium to full coverage, depending on the amount. I love that I can build this foundation up easily. I apply with my cheapie ELF Studio Powder brush and the result is flawless. My acne scars are covered, and my skin looks so even and smooth. Of course, the sanitary pump is always a plus in my book. It's been twelve hours since I applied this, and a teeny bit of shine has peeked through on my forehead and nose - but instead of looking greasy I look dewy. With Colorstay, I found that the color oxidized at the end of the day and I looked so shiny. With this stuff I don't look like I spent all day breaking a sweat. My oily forehead and nose are kept at bay! This may be a bit pricey for my budget, but the results are fabulous and one bottle seems to have lasted me a while!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by SiSantita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin. Nothing worked with hours I would look like I was soaking wet in the face. Walked by the Mac stand one day and I let the employee do my entire face with products she felt would be great for my skin type. She told me to walk around the mall go out in the sun and wear for a few hours... After 6 hours of wear no extra shine just the norm as she told me it would she told me to blot with the mineralized powder and it worked perfect. Needless to say I paid the 30 bucks for it.. Expensive? Yes. Worth it? Yes for oily skin and long wear. The longest I wear foundation is about 4-6 hours and it works great for me. Blends well with my skin tone... I wear the NC45 and I too it off with the mineralized powder u can barely tell I have on anything...

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by nicpie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Meh.

The lasting power is excellent. Color match is good. Its coverage is flexible: you can sheer it out or layer it.

But it settles in my pores, with or without primer. And because it is so long lasting, once it settles in my pores, it is impossible to blend away.

I wanted to like this foundation-- but I can't make it work.

If you don't have issues with enlarged pores like I do, this might be a good one to try. It just wasn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by queenbee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent foundation specially for people with oily skin. I have oily/acne prone skin so I tend to get oily and this is really good for controlling oil and it stays put - does not slide off my face and does not require a lot of touch ups! Coverage is good, a little less than the Studio Fix Fluid as the consistency of this foundation is a bit runny however, it is buildable. It didn't cause me any breakouts I have used it for several months now so that's excellent! Its expensive but will last a few months. It can be drying at times, so I tend to use this during the summer.

It also comes in a pump which is a plus! Will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by GeriTaitague

The Sales Associate did a crappy job color matching me. When i asked for a sample just so i could see how it looked outside in the sun, she gave me this frustrated look. I purchased it even with the crappy service she provided due to the numerous raves on Youtube. This product oxidized on me about 3 hours later. This is the first product i had ever purchased from MAC and i am so disappointed. It made me breakout slightly, which is common when i try new products. I think i wouldve liked it better if i was colormatched correctly. Would have returned it but i accidently threw the box away.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by LizWords

I just switched to this about a week ago since the weather is really heating up and my studiofix was starting to slide off my face because of the humidity. I can't believe it took me this long to discover MAC foundations, I started using studiofix in the late fall and have been in love ever since. The NW20 matches my skin perfectly, the traditional studiofix is perfect in the winter when I'm dryer and this longwear formulation is perfect now that it's warm and humid. It provides very good medium coverage and it does what it says, it stays put all day. I also love the pump dispenser, it's so much easier to get the perfect amount than the studiofix bottle, why MAC doesn't switch to these pumps with all their foundations I don't know. I realize this foundation will probably not work for everyone, but for me, it is exactly what I want. Definitely worth a try IMO.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by msjohns888

I have acne scarring, this does nothing for me except accentuate my uneven skin tone. Beautiful color, long wearing but looks awful in the light on my skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by JaneWhit99

I tried a bunch of samples one of my girlfriends gave me to see if it was worth taking the plunge for the high cost and it wasn't :(. The quality is pretty mediocre in my opinion. It really doesn't cover anything for me and makes my skin looked worse than without any foundation. I had to consistently wash it off after applying because it made me look terrible.

Will not be buying again :(

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by katrinaviolet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this product... I really did! I am usually NC20, but got NC15 in this foundation. Was actually a really good color for me, and I really appreciated that aspect. However, it does not hide my red post-acne marks (not scars, just red marks) at all. I have small pores and wouldn't consider myself to really have wrinkles yet, but this seemed to settle into everything and I just looked OLD when I looked at myself in the mirror. Suddenly, wrinkles everywhere! Also, it just looked unnatural and cakey. Tried again with MAC primer, and also setting with MAC mineralize powder. Still terrible. And kept it kept wiping off on everything and smearing.

Sigh... search for a long-lasting foundation that will cover my skin imperfections continues.