October 20, 2014 | 978 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by BoxesoFoxes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely swear by this foundation! I'm very pale with constantly red cheeks (runs in my family :[) and this is one of the only foundations that totally covers the redness. And, for once, I found a foundation that perfectly matches my skin!
It feels a little sticky at first, but goes on evenly and doesn't leave your face feeling sticky or ruin any powder application.

It covers so well, that when I'm in a rush, I don't even apply powder with it. I have never used a foundation on myself that didn't require any powder to even my color out.

It really lasts all day too, even when I sweat and wipe my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by agomez10

My go to foundation is Revlon Colorstay ( 200 nude) I decided to give this a try because I want a cheaper foundation to use on days I'm not doing much and don't want to waste the colorstay for a few hours of being out. So... I heard such good things about this.. I decided to give it a go... I'm not very into Rimmel products so I wasn't expecting much.. I love the coverage and I love the lasting power. However I do believe it applies dry so you have to have a well moist surface. Also it has a sticky feel to it especially after a few hours.. Kinda feels like omg.. I need to wash my face LOL I'm not a very oily person.. This is the only down side to it.. I would buy it again... but..... I wouldn't use it in the summer that would probably just make the sticky worse. It's not so sticky to where its like OMG this is horrible. I put it on today around 9am and it's now 8pm so that many hours and its just now starting to feel sticky, It did what I needed it to do for the day... but I am very impressed wit the coverage..... I would say the coverage is the next best thing to colorstay. In the Rimmel I got 200 and I'm a 200 in colorstay perfect color match!

EDIT: STOPPED USE BECAUSE IT STARTED BREAKING ME OUT!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by PrettyMichy69

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for acouple of months now and I absolutely LOVE IT!!! If you love a dewy/refreshed look then this is PERFECT!! The packaging is ok, I've seen better but by far, one of the best foundations Ive used in a while!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Molleeeee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is such a great foundation! It reminds me of the revlon colorstay a bit, so if you're a fan I'd try this! I saw gossmakeupartist's review and had to try! Also bought it because I wanted a foundation without spf ( revlon colorstay gives bad flashback in photos ): ) so thought this would be perfect for a night out! I have only tried it a few times but I'll update if it flashes back or not! This foundation has great coverage! If you find it cakey apply it with a stippling brush, works like a dream! ( I like the real techniques one ) I doubt any foundation lasts 25 hours but lasts ages even when I wear it to work and after around 8 hours it still looked perfect! The only problem I have is that I find the finish very dewy, not a huge fan of that as I like a matte foundation as my skin is a bit oily and acne prone. However, nothing that a bit of mac studio fix powder with a sponge can fix (: the shade range is a bit rubbish, the shades are very pink. But overall I love it so far, such a good price for an excellent product, I'd buy it again!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by fried_twinkie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great foundation. Just as good, if not better, than some high-end foundations and I've tried a lot. Makes your face look flawless, without the cake mask face. I would say it's a medium coverage that is buildable to a full. The foundation gives a semi-matte, satin finish. The lasting power is very good. It holds throughout the day. A good 8 hours, and I still look fresh by the end of the day.

I do have slightly dry skin, and even though it works well for oily skin, I find that it also works great on drier skin. It doesn't accentuate the dryness around my nose and cheek area.

The consistency of this foundation is thick. It's thicker than, say, colorstay. It's very easy to blend - either with your hands or a foundation brush. I find that with using my hands I get a more matte finish, and if I use a foundation brush, it's more dewy. Depends on what finish I'm after. But both techniques work fine.

I do like the packaging. It's easy to use and light-weight. I won't have issues of dropping it and having it smash all over the floor. But most importantly, it's light enough to take with you on the go if needed.

The reason I give it a 4, not a 5 is the due to the limited colour selection and that it isn't fragrance free. Luckily, I've found a near perfect match for my skin. I'm an NC25, and I've found that #103 True Ivory is a pretty close match.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by amypaige1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought my third tube of this foundation. I have sensitive skin that changes according to the weather, and need foundation specific to that. When it is warm outside and my skin is a bit oilier, this is my go-to foundation (when its dry I like maybelline Fit Me as a comparable, drupstore/ inexpensive product). The colors are nicely blendable. My skin is reddish whis I am always fighting, and the beige of all three tones I have used are good at canceling out the red around my nose and chin, giving an even finish. It is blendable for long enough that I don't feel like I am racing against the clock, and does hold up for hours (not 25 though, more like 8).
Now, when I am in a clod climate and my skin is dry it sinks into my pores and any flakes or skin uneven textures and looks awful, at those times I need a more liquid foundation. As I live in Florida, this isn't an issue often, and at under $10 its affordable to keep a few different kinds of foundation on hand. I will purchase this again.
Packaging: after a while it gets to a point when the product bleeds out of the little hole in the top after you've squeezed it, which can result in wasted product and a small mess on the bathroom counter.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by volleygrl62980

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of the first foundations I have found that doesn't make my face look cakey. I have combination skin, my forehead and chin are somewhat oily while my cheeks and nose are dry. A lot of the foundations I have tried make the dryness worse but this one doesn't do that whatsoever. This foundation evens out my skin and gives it a nice, natural finish. Best foundation for me so far and I will definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by SMG16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is amazing- out of all Rimmels foundations to date it's my fav!
Pros:
*Gives great coverage
*Even colour
*Stays put (especially on a night out!) it doesn't transfer (especially if you use ya phone!)
-Great value for money!

It blends perfectly (i find blending with your fingers works better than using a foundation brush as the warmth of your fingers helps with blending) I blob a bit in the palm of my left hand and use my right hand as the 'brush' by starting at the center of my cheeks and blending towards the hairline. It stays put and is great value for money especially when compared to higher end foundations!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by strangechild

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am simply gobsmacked by this product! To start, my skin is extremely oily and very picky about what I put on it. I have been using Revlon ColorStay liquid for about 3 years now, and it has always been the only thing that works for me. Every other foundation I have tried, be it liquid, powder, or something in between, either doesn't dry matte and feels tacky, has too much shimmer in it, or doesn't have enough coverage (which I need a lot of due to uneven skin tone, large pores, and blemishes.) However, my ColorStay routine is quite intense and time consuming, and there are some days where I would rather not have to spend so much time on my face. I'm not really sure what prompted me to try this foundation, perhaps it was the price (almost half of what I usually pay for my ColorStay) but I am very very excited and happy that I did. I am a #150 Buff in ColorStay and decided to try the Ivory in the Lasting Finish, and it is a perfect match. I apply milk of magnesia on my face first as a primer, which definitely helps curb the oil. I then put about a nickel sized blob of foundation on the back of my hand and apply it with a flat foundation brush. With one layer it provides very good medium-high coverage, and for someone with nice skin that would probably be more than adequate. However, I had a few areas that I felt needed to be gone over a second time, and it was very easy to build coverage as needed. I even used a bit more with a small concealer brush to spot conceal a couple blemishes - no need for concealer! It dried quite quickly and at first I was scared it wouldn't be matte enough, but after applying some powder it looked amazing and I was beyond pleased with the coverage, the color, and how well it blurred my large pores. Throughout my 8 hour day I only blotted and re-powdered once, and it looked and felt great all day. I am so pleasantly surprised by how much I like this foundation. I was ready to be let down again and get ready to make a return, but I will definitely be keeping and using this foundation over and over again. A+ for Rimmel with this one.

PROS:
Buildable medium-high coverage
Very affordable
Gives a dewy look without looking too oily
Sets nicely with powder, stays on all day

CONS:
Somewhat limited shade range
Not sure how I feel about the tube vs. bottle
Faint scent (may bother some people)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by christinarose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great product. I have very oily skin in my t-zone, and I feel that this foundation was great for me, especially with Rimmel's Stay Matte powder over top. The colour selection confused me a tad, I bought the shade Ivory, but in the store, it was way too dark, but i bought it anyway. When I actually put it on, I noticed that it actually matched my skintone perfectly!! I like the packaging, however I wish that it was a big larger, I feel like because it isn't a full coverage foundation (it is buildable) I have to use a bit more than usual, it probably won't last me very long. The foundation definitely has a longevity, not sure if it is 25 hours, but it lasts me from atleast 10:00am-8:00pm, which is great to me!! Love it, wish it was a more full coverage, but that's about it! :)