Urban Decay NAKED

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/23/2014 9:28:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Appearance: The palette comes in a brown velvet magnetic flip shut case. This palette contains a mirror. My palette came with a brush though I know some of the palettes comes with a eyeliner instead. There are 12 shades in the palette ranging from a soft off white shimmer to a glittery gunmetal grey. There are two matte shades with the rest being shimmers and glitters.

Cost: I believe when I purchased when it first came out it was a bit cheaper than it is today. You can get it at Ulta or Sephora for $52.00. You get 12 shadows in this palette.

Wearability: For reference I am Korean with fair skin and heavy yellow undertones. I have dark brown eyes. I love this palette and have even hit pan on some of the colors. I find that they swatch and wear beautifully. Some of the colors are a bit tricky for me to wear like side car since it does have a bit of glitter fallout. A primer underneath these shadows is must.

Overall Thoughts: When I want to play up my eyes with a bit more color and shimmer I reach for this palette. The colors work wonderfully with my warm undertones. This was my first non drugstore eye shadow palette I ever purchased couldn't of been more pleased. $52.00 may seem like a lot for a palette but broken down you are getting 12 shades for around 4 dollars each. If I ever run out of this palette I will definitely repurchase this.

on 4/16/2014 12:45:00 AM

Absolutely a wonderful palette.
VERY neutral colors suitable for anyone.
only issue i have is the packaging sucks, and the brush given isnt useful at all lol
additionally i would have liked to have a bit more matte shades, but still my most fav palette out there

I was lusting over this beloved palette since the moment I seen it and was heart broken that I couldn't buy it where I lived! But when I went I away to Europe and headed into Sephora, I got a tear in my eye as the heavenly light shone down on my naked palette. At the high price of 65€ I was really hoping it would be as good as I'd dreamed. And my dears, IT IS! This product is in no way overrated! It is everything it's made out to be AND MORE! The colours themselves just to look at are gorgeous but it's nothing compares to when it's actually on. The universally flattering colours are beautiful and range from matte to shimmery to sparkly. Each colour goes with each other perfectly! Not to mention they are highly pigmented and very blendable! So many different looks are possible with this palette and I can always do something different everyday. The Urban Decay Primer Potion that came with it works well together with the eyeshadows and the Karma brush is great too. Not one time have I regretted purchasing this and I would do so again in a flash! So next time you're in Sephora and the heavenly light shines down upon that glorious Naked Palette, don't deny yourself. Just follow the light.

on 4/14/2014 9:29:00 AM

I hate leaving a bad review for these cult favorites but I also feel like I need to let people know that sometimes these don't work for everyone. I regret buying this and never reach for it. I kept seeing all my YouTube makeup artists using it and went to go look at it. When I saw all the frosts, I practically ran away from it. Then I came here and read all the positive reviews from women in my age category and thought that maybe the UD frosts were similar to some of the MAC ones and have that soft frost texture and minimal glittery frosty color. A lot of the MAC frosts are more like a satin with subtle glitter or they're a dark color and the frost softens the color. The UD colors are beautiful in theory but when I put them on there is no color pay off. The UD eyeshadows have a great texture. I love the softer texture because they blend better for me but the color payoff is bad due to the glitter bomb. That is not a good look for a 44 year old woman. I paid $52 for the Naked and Buck eyeshadows. What a waste of money.

on 4/10/2014 8:45:00 PM

I'm late to the Naked Party and I've only been using my palette for about two months. I'd say there are too many shimmer shadows and not enough matte shades. I see "Naked" shades more for daytime and I still associate "Naked" with Ultima II from years ago, which was barely there makeup. To fill in the missing mattes, I decided to order the Naked Basics palette to round out my collection.

Hands down, UD eye shadows are the best I've ever used and I've tried almost every department store and drugstore shadow over the past 30 years. UD shadows are easy to apply, and I haven't had any problems with creasing or fading. I did receive an eyeshadow primer w/ the palette and it works like a charm.

My favorite shades are Naked, Buck with Darkhorse. I like to brush Naked over my entire lower lid before I apply any of the other colors. Naked evens out my skin tone, and it makes the lighter shades (Sin and Virgin), not quite as bright and shimmery. I'm 52 years old and I do NOT want any to accentuate my wrinkles or creasing eyelids. Both light shades are too shimmery for daytime. I swipe a large eye shadow brush and blow off the excess shadow, before I brush on my brow. This opens up my eyes and gives me quite a pick me up look. If my husband makes a comment, then that means I must look good, because he hardly ever notices anything...

Aside from the missing matte shades, an olive green shade is also a missed opportunity. I prefer warm tones and this is perfect for my coloring. No smoky eyes for me, so Creep and Gunmetal are strictly for liner on my eyes...

on 4/4/2014 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The colors are pretty and it's a good investment, but I still think it's way overrated. The shadows are extremely powdery. It honestly reminds me of the LA Color pallettes I got from the dollar store years ago. I prefer MAC shadows.

on 4/1/2014 9:48:00 PM

Just got it and I love it

on 3/25/2014 10:45:00 AM

For the Naked 3 palette:

I have all three Naked palettes, but this one is my favorite. The first one is nice but there are too many shades that have glitter that falls down with application, and there are several frequently repeated shades that are in a ton of UD palettes like Smog and Half Baked. The Naked 2 is too cool for my skin tone, and still has glittery shades that fallout and get all over my face.

This one, however, is pretty much perfect. It is neutral leaning warm, and looks great on my neutral-warm skin tone. The colors are unique and not repeated, and even the shimmery shades have minimal fallout. There are several brow highlight shades and a liner color, so it can hold up on its own and is a great single palette to bring when traveling. The rosegold color scheme is on trend. Packaging is beautiful and sturdy!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I gotta say this is my fav naked palette out of the three naked palettes. Amazing colors. Excellent color payoff !! I know some people are not fond of the price but if u think about it .. you get 12 full-size eyeshadows for 52 dollars so each eyeshadow would cost you around 4 dollars only. And with those colors, you won't need to buy any other every-day eyeshadow palette for a really long time. you can create a lot of very different looks from very simple to dramatic. you'll love this palette.

on 3/20/2014 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Where to start with this review..Ive had this for 2 years now? Or has it been 3? Ive been through good times and bad times with this and I still have it to this day. I have on some of the shades as I type this! before I start, I'm very pleased with this pallet and I prefer this hands down over the 2nd and 3rd pallets. There's a reason why I call it My Old Faithful!

Currently in my pallet, some of the shades are completely used up(Half baked&Side Car). These were my favorite. When I bought this, I was such a glitter freak(still am) that I was instantly drawn to these two shades; actually I think I bought this pallet just for these two. My old roommates also greedily dug their brushes and fingers into these two shades. They are the most popular I think because they look good on everyone from my ghostly white roommate, to the other one addicted to spray tans and me, somewhere in the middle.

With time, I branched out to the others. I have many times, fell in love with a different shade or two that I seldom use. Recently I started to use matte eye shadows, learning how to contour the eye, and shading properly. I now am in love with the shades Naked and Buck! A perfect all over and crease shade!!!! Ive also used Buck for my eyebrows a couple of times. The most unique e/s in the whole pallet is Hustle. Ive never seen such a dark purple brown. The shades I do not use hardly at all are Virgin and Gunmetal. Virgin I find it too light and Gunmetal....I just dont like greys..

I could write a whole Lord of The Rings sized book just describing the shadows! The rest of the shadows are still existing in my pallet are still smooth, velvety, and vibrant as the day i bought it. Not going to lie, the packaging looks like Sh*t now. I accidentally stepped on it and broke the mirror. Ive traveled with it, its been in my purse, luggage, drawer, on the ground, etc, etc.....It has stains on it! I dont know how it happened. The velvety covering material clings to dust, dirt and other makeups. the NAKED print on the front is obliterated, gone! There's tape coming off on the back and its sticky!!!! AND it opens very easily!!! Overall, packaging is NOT durable.

The looks you can create with this pallet are endless. Sexy looks, easy day looks, smokey, natural, everything you name it. There are plenty of photos and videos all over the internet on the various looks you can create with this. I find this pallet, the warmest out of all the pallets. I am NC40-44, Dark brown eyes; I am drawn to warmer things and I find this pallet more flattering. The other pallets are cooler, pink, and frostier(NAKED 2&3).

This IS expensive BUT look at all the eye shadows it comes with! Not to mention the brush, which by the way, all of the NEWER pallets come with DOUBLE sided brushes while the older ones(Mine) came only with a Single sided brush. Its like a concealer brush, I dint like it very much. Ive also seen EYELINER come with it?! A double sided eyeliner of black and brown. Ive never seen that, it certainly never came in mine!*pft*

NAKED holds a special place in my heart! So cheesy I know! Its worth the money, Im very very very very very VERY happy that I bought this awhile back!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

New Year's Eve & Party Smokey Makeup Tutorial! 2015 by Angie Wilches

Bronzed Naked Palette Tutorial! by fashionista804

Urban Decay Naked Palette Neutral Tutorial by ShyGirlBeauty

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

Top Rated Urban Decay Products