April 20, 2014 | 1264 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by mrszombabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

If you don't believe the hype over this palette you should really head over to your local Sephora and check this thing out.

I've had mine for about a year now, so I've had plenty of time to form an opinion.
Anyways, this palette is a perfect started palette for anyone who is wanting to learn how to play with makeup, or anyone who needs a go to palette for wearable colors for work ect.

With this palette you can easily create a beautiful neutral look for work/school, or a dramatic smokey eye or something more appropriate for night time, or a night out at a club.
I think the only complaint I have is that they took the eyeliner out and replaced it with the UD eyeshadow brush, as I find the brush pretty much horrid.

The packaging is cute (though it attracts dirt due to soft material) and the shadows are of phenomenal quality, and blend with ease.

I find this palette a must have, and highly recommend to any neutral lover!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by bamagirl417

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was super skeptical of this palette when everyone went nuts over it. I just bought it and Naked2 a couple of weeks ago on a whim. I wish I had bought it earlier! I love the neutral colors because they can go with just about anything and be made into a day or night look. And of course it's excellent quality eyeshadow. So glad I caved!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by ibangal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A perfect pallette for work to look more neutral/natural. One of my favourite palette

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 2:00:00 AM More reviews by JJLOVEE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this about a year ago, so I was one of those skeptics who held out for SO LONG before finally buying one of these palettes. Mind you, at the 50$ price point, I had to really make a decision (especially since the newer versions do not have an eyeliner anymore). I also had a discount some where at Sephora so I actually paid 35$, thus I didnt reallly feel bad "finally" purchasing it.

As for the color selection, I like it A LOT. I THOUGHT this would be my definite holy grail item, but is really a palette of "second or third resort" to me. I do not see myself going to this FIRST, rather I say to myself "I guess my other palettes and shadows do not suffice, I'll go to the NAKED PALETTE because I'm sure to have a fool proof look from here." So, I guess it does save me time and effort and with the color selection and I come out with a great look no matter what.

When we have 12 or so colors times 0.05 oz (which i do not know holds true or not), what is not to like about it? It does beat buying the single shadows, but unless you are a major collector, I do not see many beauty enthusiasts line up for FULL PRICED SINGLE EYE SHADOWS...they rather go for deals.

If you are debating whether or not to purchase this, I would say to look in your stash of eye shadows and compare to the pictures/swatches google images online to see if you already have them. Then ask yourself how likely will you use those colors? If you see yourself using more than 8 of the colors, then buy the palette because you will get the most out of your monies with this palette. If you only see yourself using less than that, then I suggest you look for dupable colors.

Do you like the shimmery shimmeries? Then you should definitely consider this palette. If you like the matte browns in this palette, I suggest looking toward NYX single eye shadows or other alternatives.

If you want it just to have it, just make sure you can picture yourself with many a different looks!

If anything, you can use the darker shades as eyeliner for that softer look.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by kamberc94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The colors are great, neutral and everyday wearable. But my only problem is there are wonderful dupes in the drugstore and my Coastal Scents 88 Warm Palette is WAYYYY better. WnW for example, the limited edition palette Nude Awakening has some really great dupes. I wish I Had swatches and pictures, I'll have to update later probably.
The brush that comes in the new ones is just mediocre in my opinion. I know that this palette is LOVED by all Gurus and Artists... I just don't see it as a MUST have. I do use it often though. It's a love hate thing I guess
But unless you are looking to spoil or treat yourself its not worth the money to have. I have both 1 & 2 and I noticed a difference(I'm not the first I know) of cools and warms.
Its very versatile, dont get me wrong, but would I repurchase it? Eh... maybe. But only after so many years of use because it will last a long time in my collection.

I really much prefer my 88 Warm Palette I got online at Coastal Scents(wish I hadn't dropped it causing half of the colors to shatter!!!) which I also reach for more than ANY other palette I own.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Fromdaylight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I finally caved in and purchased this after reading all the reviews. Amazing. The texture is definitely smoother than most other eyeshadows I have tried, and the colors are neutral and nude enough that you can't screw up your eye makeup no matter what combination you try. Seriously, even if you were half asleep and spent 30 seconds on your eyes, you can't go wrong with the application with this palette.

The colors may be darker on someone with very light skin, but on my asian skin its mostly translucent, sidecar on me is a transparent shimmer. I like that, even without the primer, my makeup is light and natural looking, and fades really evenly throughout the day rather than moving outward.

In the store i found that the Naked 1 and 2 palettes looked almost exacty the same (like slight color variations that are not noticeable in the eye) so i would not recommend purchasing both. Color is definitely not as pigmented as loreal or lancome, so don't believe that hype. Buy it if you want natural looking, versatile, shimmery eye makeup. For $60 I can already tell that it will get a lot more use than any other palettes I own. Don't think I will never need another eyeshadow palette again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by joshquinto

Maybe i got the bad batch.. I want to love it because the colors are so beautiful but the quality for an eyeshadow sucks! They dont apply as good as l'oreal inffliable.. I dont know why.. Maybe they are drying out but i hate them on my lids.. They look awful.. Like i said i like the drugstore better

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2013 6:11:00 PM More reviews by screamstyle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Its a very good quality product with generous quantity..but if you are not a big fan of neutrals u can skip it as there are dupes for all of it..for me i loved it...bt the price is way too much..once i finish it i will definitely think over other options..and if i dnt get better choices i will reach for this again..

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Giiiiiii

Definitely worth every penny!! Beautiful Palette!! Must buy!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by michellemercier44

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

love SIN, TOASTED and HUSTLE a lit, do use other colors too, my palette looks like this - 6 colors are almost gone, three half used and three barely touched. For palette it is great success! colors stay great when I use purple tube of shadow primer