July 30, 2014 | 1335 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

I still remember the mass hysteria when this palette came out, it sold out so quickly that it sparked a frenzy to find one! I remember constantly checking every online retailer known to man to find one until I found one on eBay, and excitedly snapped it up. Fast forward almost 3 years later, and I still think this palette is amazing, even if I don't use it too often. Simply put, you get 12 high-quality, brilliantly pigmented, buttery soft eyeshadows. Aside from Sidecar (which I always apply with a tissue covering my lower lashline) all of the eyeshadows apply smoothly, blend well on their own and together and there's a nice mixture of mattes and shimmers. I think most of the shadows would most definitely reside in MAC's 'Veluxe Pearl' category. My favourites are 'Sin', 'Smog', 'Toasted' and 'Buck'. Most of the shades to me are quite warm-toned, in comparison to Naked 2, which has a variety of cooler shades.

If you're a complete neutral-virgin or just want a neutral starter palette, I recommend either one of the Naked palettes wholeheartedly.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by xenobia1968

This and NAKED 2 are my favorite all time HG eyesadows!!! The colors, blendablility, and staying power are superb! I use the primer potion as well. LOVE LOVE LOVE Urban Decay! It is well worth the 50.00 price tag and will continue to purchase (already hit pan on several colors lol) The brush in NAKED 2 is much better than the NAKED, but I don't even care about that. It's the product itself that has me sold forever <3

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 1:28:00 PM More reviews by gildoush22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

amazing quality, beautiful colors, worth the crazy $$$$

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by 30rockette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this palette in April and I've gotten wonderful use out of it. This is my go-to palette because it has some really great colors for day and night. The consistency of the shadows is fabulous. They are buttery and smooth, and easily blended. The brush that comes with the palette is decent too. My favorite shades in this palette are Naked (matte, light taupe) and Half Baked (shimmery gold).

My ideal version of this palette would be less warm toned, and it would have a couple more mattes and a couple less glittery shades. I never really have a use for the black or bluish silver colors on the right end of the palette. Some of the colors are a bit too similar to each other and when you use them together the look can get a little muddy. Fallout is an issue with some of the colors, but I just do my eyeshadow before my foundation and such and use makeup remover to get rid of it before I continue my routine.

The packaging is not super great, in my opinion, because of the velvety exterior. If you aren't careful, the letters will begin to rub off, and the velvet loves to attract loose particles of eyeshadow and other powders so it becomes dirty with typical everyday use. The little mirror in the palette is pretty useless. However, the packaging is easily portable and has held together perfectly fine, so that's a plus.

Overall, I really like this palette, and I think it is worth the money. The main reason I wouldn't buy it again if I lost it or ran out of my favorite shades is because I'd rather try out other palettes than just buy the same thing again. The only color I'd consider buying a single pan replacement of is Half Baked.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 4:55:00 AM More reviews by mings1911

Eyeshadow palettes usually turn me off because I think of all the loud ugly colours all sitting in the pan clashing with each other and wonder how it could possibly look good when applied. But when I saw this palette, I just had to have it. I am a brown/nude shade of eyeshadow girl and I was wearing my Revlon CustomEyes (Naturally Glamorous) so often that it was like wearing a uniform. You can see why the Naked palette is a godsend to me. So many colours to play around with and just countless variations and possibilities of combining the colours! I don't have time in the mornings for more than 2 shades + black as eyeliner but I can see this coming in really useful for dinner things.

The quality is there as well, UD standard so nothing to complain about. Pigmented and goes on beautifully. My only complaint is the shimmery colours can cause a glitter fallout on my cheeks if I'm not careful. But if you use a good eye primer (I use either UD or Etude House), then there's no problem with glitter. It only happened to me when I wasn't careful in applying it and brushed some across the bottom of one eye as well. It was just impossible to get the glitter out without washing off all my make up after that. But the other eye where I didn't make the same mistake was perfectly fine - not a single speck of glitter even at the end of the day (I was using UD eye primer).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 2:54:00 AM More reviews by BeyondBeauty98

I live in Australia, so it's very hard to find the naked palette for cheap as sold in America. My mother had to go to America as an emergency medical trip last year. As she walked past a sephora, she had remembered that I always wanted the Naked palette and so she bought it for me.

It's my pride and joy, i've been wearing it nearly every day for the last year and a half. There is a wonderful selection of light colours and darker colours to support nearly every neutral makeup look. You can get a natural or dramatic look out of this palette quite easily.

The colours range well, the pigmentation of the eyeshadows itself are wonderful. I have very oily eyelids, but not once have I had these eyeshadows crease on me; with or without a primer.

The packaging can be improved (already has been with the Naked2 palatte) because the exterior velvet can get very dusty and dirty very quickly and the gold writing does scratch off.

All in all, it's a great product; highly recommended to everyone that likes neutral colours as eyeshadows. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Shaketheglitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Great for everyday wear. Good pigmentation and very blendable.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Kristinaweaver08

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My absolute go to eyeshadows! Lovely natural looking hues an really complimentary. There is something for everyone in this palette. It's pricey yes but totally worth it and lasts forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2013 1:25:00 AM More reviews by rosaschnee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've had this palette for close to 2 years now. My bf got this for me for my birthday and I have used this palette every single day since.

I've hit pan on half backed and smog which is to say they are my favourite 2 shades in the palette. I have already bought the full size individual pots for these 2!

I use half baked as a lid colour, then smog on the outer thirds. Then darkhorse on the outer V if I want to deepen the look. These 3 shades compliment each other so well.

I've recently started using the 2 matte shades, naked and buck for work day looks and I love how natural and clean my eye make up looks! I love to dip my brush into half baked mixed with naked so there is a bit of shimmer for all over the lid, and the same with smog when using buck on the outer thirds.

I love all the shades, but the ones I've mentioned are the ones I use on a regular basis. When I run out of these shades I think I will buy the individual pots and make my own palette using their empty palette cases.

I own the UD Nake Palette 2 as well, but as the shades are more cooler, I don't find them working well for my skin tone. Or I haven't experimented enough with it. If I had known, I would not purchase the 2 palette and stick with the original only.

I just placed my order for the Lorac Pro Palette so interested to see how it compares to the UD Naked Palettes.

Also, a great dupe for smog would be MACs tempting. I use tempting as I don't want to hit pan on smog even though I've bought a back up already!

The only shade I do not like in the palette is Sidecar. There is just too much glitter in it. Wish they replaced it with a more versatile shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Kirplunk0

Holy grail :) the love of my life