Urban Decay NAKED

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/10/2014 2:38:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This palette is extremely versatile. I use this for both everyday, and smoky looks. The color payoff is great, and I love the primer potion that is included! These eyeshadows are amazing; this palette is a classic. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a palette that they will get a lot of use out of.

on 1/8/2014 5:15:00 PM

I love this palette. I have a lot of eyeshadows, but I go back to this often. It is just so flattering...I'm not sure how they do it. I have other similar colors, but they're just not as flattering as these. I think maybe it has to do with the amount of shimmer in the product- just enough without being too much (to me, though people who prefer matte colors will definitely not enjoy this palette).
The colors are very pigmented, but be sure to tap your brush before applying to avoid fall out. The best thing about this is that it's fool proof- any colors can be used with any other colors, so it takes all the guess work out of choosing what shades to wear. I love the matte colors for my crease or to blend out darker colors.
My only complaint would be that I'd like another matte color or two, but I like shimmers, so it's not a deal breaker for me.

on 1/8/2014 4:47:00 PM

I looooove UD eyeshadows - so far as I have found, they have the #1 formula for pigmentation, smooth application, and blendability. Their colors are sometimes too wild for me (yes, I'm too chickensh*t) but their neutrals make me very happy. This palette has some dupe-able colors, yeah, HOWEVER - you will NOT find the same quality with a drugstore brand of a similar shade. The colors work well with my skin tone (fair, pink undertones w/ freckles) and my eyes (a medium-ish shade of blue). TIPS: the colors Naked and Buck work together great for a very natural, matte look. If you're feeling more adventurous, Half-Baked is pretty with blue eyes. Warning: Sidecar is a gorgeous color but has a lot of glitter fallout. Try applying with a damp brush or even a damp fingertip for better results.

on 1/7/2014 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have had this palette for over a year and really enjoy using it. It has beautiful colors for either a natural or dramatic look. The quality of the shadows are superb-buttery soft with no fallout. I'm a NC40 and love the two matte shades (Naked & Buck) for a soft, natural look. i love using the darker shades (Darkhorse & Creep) as liners. This palette is great for traveling-so many options for eye looks. I'm not a big fan of the eye shadow brush that came with my palette and do not use it. I prefer this palette over the Naked 2 & 3-#2 is too frosty/ashy and #3 is too warm/rosy for my skin tone.

on 1/5/2014 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

i give this product 5 stars, as i have dark brown eyes i felt this palette suited me best compared to naked 2 or 3 as lighter mattes and shimmers look chalky on my eyes if i don't use them properly. The formula of all the shadows is smooth and transfers on your lid with lots of pigment. thankfully the only light ones in this are virgin and sin which i use a tiny bit of for a highlight or for inner corners. i love that there are mostly warm brown shades that suit my skin tone and eyes best as my nationality is indian. I don't use the super dark colours such as creep or the cool toned gunmetal, but they're there if i need them for deepening eye looks for dance performances or special occasions! i don't use more than 2 colors on my eye with this palette because unfortunately more than 2 colours together look overwhelming but i use 1 or 2 shadows together for my everyday school makeup! The packaging is ok, it gets dusty on the velvety surface and doesn't look as sleek as the naked 2 or 3 but is fine considering that the shadows are amazing! Im so happy i got this palette, i saved my money for the longest time and i definitely think my 60 dollars was worth it, as i don't use eyeshadow every single day and don't do colourful looks but i do like a variety of neutral colours that suit me best and this is probably the only eyeshadow that i will ever need for a very long time! Definetly worth it if you're considering this palette!

on 1/4/2014 5:03:00 PM

Bought for my Mom who has hooded eyelids-this works perfectly. She hadn't worn eyeshadow for years. New techniques and this have transformed her. All UD eyeshadows are really good. I use the naked 2.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Definitely a great palette that lives up to the reviews and there are so many different looks you can try with it! Purchased it about 2 years ago and still using it to this day for natural and smokey eyes. One thing I would say is the shadows don't last as long as I'd hoped and by the end of the day my shadow has moved or disappeared a lot more than with other shadows I have used in the past. However, I will continue to use this palette as it has a great selection of colours that can be used for a variety of looks and I love the packaging. Very nicely set out and the magnetic lid stops it from opening out when in a bag etc.

on 1/2/2014 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

definitely my go-to palette! this palette is full of beautiful brown and golden shades. the packaging's one thing i'm not too crazy about. it's velvety, so it collects a lot of dust. and also, if i travel with this i'm scared my eyeshadows will break because it's not as sturdy as naked 2 or 3. also the mirror is quite small, but it's not that big of a complaint of mine. another thing i don't like about this is there's only two mattes - naked and buck. i wish they would of included more. but some of my favorite colors are virgin (satin highlight shade), sin (shimmery silvery color), naked (matte nude), buck (matte medium brown), half baked (shimmery golden), smog (shimmery brown with a gold undertone), and darkhorse (dark shimmery brown). but i like the other colors as well, all beautiful in they're own way. but those are my favorites to use. it comes with a mini primer potion, that's like 3 fl oz. it's my favorite primer. it also comes with a eyeshadow brush, which is really good quality for it coming in a palette. the price is around $50 - $52. seems a little pricey, but it's actually good in the long run. you get 12 ultra pigmented eyeshadows that are $18 bucks a piece. so it's worth it. anyways, this is my favorite palette of all time. it has a warm undertone, which goes well with my olive/golden skintone. i would recommend this most to the warm toned girls, because the gold tone in the palette would go good with the yellowy skin.

on 1/2/2014 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Just okay for me. I know these shades are supposed to be neutral but for me, they're just not that wearable because of how shimmery they are. When I try to use two or three of the shimmery colors together, they just all blend together and end up looking more or less the same no matter what colors I select. I also prefer really warm colors and these colors just seemed a bit TOO neutral in tone and end up looking blah on my eyes. I do like some of the colors. Naked 1: Virgin is one of my all time favorite highlight colors, and the two blue/grey/black shades (creep and gunmetal?) are really great for smokey looks, but all the other colors are easily duped and nothing that really stand out for me. I would re-purchase virgin individually, but the others I could take or leave. Naked 2: not a single color I like. All blah for me. Naked 3: colors look much better in the pan than on my eyes and I have to really work and incorporate other products/steps to get the colors to work for me. Too shimmery. Not pigmented enough. Blackheart, trick and factory are my favorite colors, all the others just don't hardly show up on my eyes, and I'm a medium skin tone. I'm not sure if they're planing on doing more naked palettes and don't know why I keep buying them, but I think I'm done with them for now... Unless they come out with a warmer palette with mostly matte shades. I like some shimmer, but these have tooooo much shimmer for me.

Naked 1 FTW!!! I love this palette, it seriously changed my life lol. If you use eyeshadow a lot it's definitely worth the splurge because the pigment is stronger and nicer and much easier to blend than cheap eyeshadow. This palette is perfect for just going to class or going out at night because there are many different looks you can do with it. I like that it's all neutral because I personally think colored eyeshadow looks tacky unless you're on stage.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

Urban Decay Naked Palette Neutral Tutorial by ShyGirlBeauty