September 1, 2014 | 1995 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by glossina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I swear, UD has ruined me on all other shadows, forever. It took me AGES to pull the trigger on buying a Naked Palette! (Surely they were merely over-hyped like so many palettes. What girl needs that type of disappointment?) Then, last year I finally caved. Naked 2 had just been released so I purchased BOTH 1&2. My logic said if I regretted my $100 purchase, I could always return. Now, having owned them both for a long time, I can honestly say this is one of the VERY BEST makeup purchases I've ever made. (For comparison, I am cool-toned, fair-skinned and in my 40's). The first week I owned the palettes, I was iffy about some of the colors. Also, the sheen & glitter did frighten me. It was easy to see they were extremely pigmented. They apply buttery smooth & last well even w/o primer. After my first 10 days of trying umpteen different eye-looks, there was NO WAY these babies were going to be returned. Like many other reviewers, I do wish there were more satin or matte shades to blend with. Perhaps Naked Basics will fix that. For me personally, at my age & with a bit of crepiness on my eyes, I do best using a light hand on some of the colors. Younger eyes will be limited only by their imagination. SUMMARY: There is absolutely NO end to the ways you can use these shadows. If you are afraid, I urge you to push yourself. Experiment wildly. The colors combine & blend in ways that will surprise & delight you. They are awesome when as liners!! With a large, fluffy brush, try some as a light eye-wash or even as highlight on your cheeks. VALUE: I reach for UDN1 daily & after months, it still seems barely used. This will last for years. Overall, I am a huge fan and wish UD would make a trillion more shadow colors. Because as I buy & compare shadows from Tarte, EL, L'ancome, Stila, NYX, etc. they keep disappointing me. Specific to UDN1: Even though I am cool complected & these are supposedly warmer shades than palette 2, I seem to reach for UDN1 twice as often. The fuzzy packaging collects lint, fuzz, fallout. So glad they changed to metal in version 2. Gunmetal is my favorite. Blacks are usually too harsh for me. But Gunmetal has the PERFECT grey-blue-black undertone. Creep is the most un-used for me. But most people can rock black and it's a good one. Daily eye looks with Naked & Buck are awesome. This past summer I was surprised & pleased how often I used Smog, Half-Baked & Darkhorse for warm, bronzey FOTDs. I use Hustle quite a bit overtop of liner for a change-up. Toasted is my grown-up Pinky shade. Hope this helps!! **edited to add: I have read about many dupes to this palette. NONE ever lived up to being true dupes in my experience. But this swatch (see below) has me really intrigued. It is the Sleek Storm Palette swatched against Naked 1. Check it out - http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-aO1ev-nLU-c/T0anahIjY4I/AAAAAAAACO8/7usf2u517BI/s1600/1.jpg

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

I am in the minority here, I know. Yet I cannot understand the rave about the product. The colors are nice, yet many are way too shimmery. I'd rather prefer to have them with a satin finish. The palette is also quite messy - unlike MAC eye shadows these shadows are too soft and powdery, and lots is wasted.
It's kinda nice to have so many colors, especially when travelling, plus a brush and a mirror. Still the packaging could be a bit more compact.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Makeupplover1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm so in love with this eyeshadow palette. I've had it for 2 years and I use it daily and people always compliment me when I wear it :) definitely repurchasing this. <3

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by giginicole

I like this palette a lot. The price is a tad steep for how much of each eye shadow you get, but I use it often and haven't hit pan on any colors. I wish there was a matte more yellow-based highlight shade. These colors are beautiful on people with red (warm) or neutral-undertoned skin colors. I have a yellowy (cool) skin tone, so I need bronzer, foundation, liner and mascara to be able to rock these colors. They are definitely warm tones, aside from a few more purply shades like Toasted and Hustle. Also there is a shimmery charcoal color called Gunmetal. I really want to purchase the Naked 2 because I think those colors are more suitable for skin tones like my own! I hope this helped! If you're interested in seeing one of the looks I created using this palette, click to watch my Kim Kardashian inspired smoky eye tutorial.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2013 1:25:00 AM More reviews by Perfection91

I really wanted to like this palette. its almost a dream in a palette - nudes, burgundies, golds, blues.. but didn't work for me.
I have asian eyes.. so I need something that is softer in shimmer, colors that are gentler.. these made me look super awkward..
I loved that there was minimal flaking and creasing though..

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by IrishWater

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this palette about two years ago and have only really started using it in the past year as I never really wore eye make-up, I love the range of colours and the quality of the shadows. They are so pigmented and a little goes a long way.

I use all colour except for the charcoal grey and black (I tend to only wear browns/golds/neutrals). I love how the colours blend easily and seamlessly.

It was kinda expensive at €40, but considering the amount of shadows you get, the quality they of them and how long they last, its not too expensive and definitely worth getting.

I'm not sure if I'd repurchase it, as I have so many similar colours, but I would definitely repurchase some of the colour individually that I don't have anything similar too.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by StephanieG7

Love love this palette!! It took me awhile to purchase jus because I didn't wanna pay $50 plain and simple, but I finally broke down and bought it so happy I did I reach for this palette everyday!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Jen283

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

What can I say? I love this palette. I bought this fresh out of college when I only had one bag of every day makeup, and I would just borrow shadow from my friends. $50 for a palette seemed like a lot, but it comes with 12 shades! Granted, I think ive only used creep/gunmetal only once, but it is still an amazing value. I think urban decay's eye shadows are superior to every other brand I've tried. All of the colors are pigmented, creamy, and blendable. Most of these colors have a warm undertone.

HOWEVER:
- there are only 2 matte shades, so if you don't like shimmer, avoid this palette.
- the only highlight color (for me anyway) is virgin and it is a very clearly pinky white. Therefore if you're going for a brown/gold look, then you'll need an additional highlighting color to go with it.

Those are my only complaints. If you don't have a lot of eye shadows and/or are new to makeup, check out this or the naked 2. ALSO I HIGHLY SUGGEST buying a blending brush. This may seem like common sense to some but for beginners, you will have a hard time getting a nice look with these highly pigmented shadows without a blending brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Princesseren

As much as I love this palette I feel that the colour selection is not the best. The colours are too similar, so there is not a lot of variety. I have owned this palette for a year now, so if used once or twice a week it will last fpr a long time. IN terms of quality, urban decay's eye shadows are great. I strongly recommend paring them up with urban decay's famous eye lid primer. I recently visited sephora and saw that urban decay came up with a travel size naked palette. The colours are similar but if you are not ready to commit to a full palette this is an excellent choice.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by flylikeacg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

this is my absolute favorite eyeshadow in my collection ever. i definitely would buy this over the naked 2 palette which i have. i love the colors buck, sidecar, sin, half baked , smog, toasted and hustle and virgin, the colors i use the most often, buck is like the perfect transition color for my neutral undertone medium skin tone, mac soft brown is NOTHING like what people make it out to be so amazing for everyone's transition color. i swear by this palette and i'm taking it with me for a trip overseas and it has all the colors i can use to take me from day to night, these colors last ALL DAY LONG , the eyeshadow brush that comes with the palette is amazing and applies the eyeshadows amazingly. overall, i'm in love with this palette and if i could use only one eyeshadow palette for the rest of my life, it would me this. hands down, the best. naked 2 palette sucks :(