E.L.F. Studio Blush - Pink Passion

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Nylon-12, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Polybutene, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491 , CI 77492 , CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035), Ultramarine Violet (CI 77077), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090).

LOVE LOVE LOVE!
Price: 3.00 (BP)
Size: About the same as a NARS blush
Packaging: Sleek, Slick and High End Looking. Small mirror inside for touch ups. Easy to wipe clean.
Product Consictency: I love the feel of this powder its silky to touch and distributes onto the skin and blends very well.
Product Application: really girls you NEED a LIGHT touch with this stuff, it is HIGHLY pigmented i made the mistake the day i recieved it off swirl my brush in heavily and slapping it on my cheek. 4 Words "Hi Krusty The Clown!" so a light touch tap off the excess and swirl it up your cheek from the apple so the colour fades upto your temple.
Product Appearance: A beautiful light flush. Very natural when applied well, but with a hint of cheeky barbie pink.
Overall: 4/5 this product can get a little chalky on the skin but i find a spritz of MAC Fix+ Spray on top helps combat this. I LOVE the pigmentation and colour it really is a very beautiful flushed look to the skin.
Repurchase? Yes!!!

on 12/5/2010 6:26:00 AM

This is a great blush...lasting power and pigment are good.For the price cannot be beat!

on 11/22/2010 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I'm completely obsessed with this blush! It's the EXACT color my cheeks look when they're naturally very flushed. I was worried the hot pink color would be too intense, but it suits me perfectly. I really feel like this color would look pretty & natural on any skintone. This is amazing quality blush for only $3!

on 11/15/2010 2:22:00 PM

I love this blush and I would buy it over and over!

I am pale and red headed, although I dye it that way, so I though i'd give this blush a try. It goes on great and it last a very long time.
Love it, and for only 3 dollars?! :D

on 11/1/2010 8:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I love this barbie pink matte bubblegum blush. The reason is Im about NC40 and a dull complexion. all the other pink blushes makes it look like I have rosacea but this is sweet and youthful. Over my foundation, this really adds color to my skin. It is matte with no shimmer so it needs quite a bit of blending, but for buying this at half price $1.50 (can you believe it), Im not complaining. Even at $3 I highly recommend it. EDIT: the staying power is pretty crappy on this blush, midday it fades to nonexistant.

on 10/19/2010 10:59:00 AM

This makes a really pretty and very inexpensive dupe for NARS Desire blush. After lemming Desire for so long, I thought rather than shelling out the 19.50 for NARS I will try ELF first...I have this ELF one and then swatched it on my wrist, before going into Space NK and swatching Desire next to it. Now I must admit they are not 100% the same. Desire is a tiny tiny bit darker, but this is only slightly noticeable side by side.

This ELF blush is really pigmented and is so pretty. It wore for about 8 hours on top of my MAC Pro Longwear foundation. I think that is very good for such a cheap blush. Its also matte, which is good if your worried about looking like a 15 year old/ pores looking more noticeable etc.

The compact is about the same size as NARS and is similar in shape to NARS but its easier to clean and doesnt have that "sticky" feel that the NARS ones have. I like it, and it has a tiny but useful mirror in the compact too.

The texture is not extremely smooth (like the Nars blushes) but its also not bad at all. The colour is super nice and it wears nicely so that is what matters to me.

It brightens up my face and I really like it...Its rapidly becoming one of my faves and that says something as I am blush addict and I rarely wear the same blush for a few days in a row - but I have been with this since getting it!

I think if your lemming Desire like I was, you will not be dissappointed with this. It might have the super fine texture that Nars has but colour wise - save yourself some considerable pennies and try the ELF one first.

By the way, it seems a lot of the ELF Studio blushes are NARS dupes so check them (and the reviews) out if there are other Nars blushes you are after.

I see people are comparing this to NYX Pinky (which I have too) - now they are not that similar (to me anyways). Pinky is more of a fuschia colour, where as Pink Passion is more "pink". I think Pink Passion is easier to wear and will suit more skin tones than Pinky (which I love).

I am SO glad I didnt shell out for Desire after getting this and I will most definately re-purchase...

For reference I am NC35, with dark hair and brown eyes.

I hope this review helped.

on 10/12/2010 9:19:00 PM

I love this blush! It gives me a quick flush! It is matte and bubble gumish pink:) I am a NW25 and this looks pretty ok one me. Very natural. But please apply with light hand to avoid looking like a clown. ELF studio blushes ROCKS!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

i love this blush!!!! i was looking for pink blush but couldnt find a non sparkley one... =( then i stumbled upon this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay!!!!! the color is perfect, my friends tease me about my "barbie blush" now....hehehe... =)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Love love love this blush (as i do with all of the elf studio and reg line blushes, studio line rocks my world) this looks like a really bright pink in pan (looks exactly like nars packaging except with a front small window and mirror inside great stuff im telling u) im very pale with slight pink undertones and at first i was nervous that it be too bright and goddy but its so pretty and perfect that id wear it every day if i wasnt obsessed with buying every blush i can get to. It makes me look like i laughed for hours if u can understand. Its just wonderful. I apply with elf studio complexion or blush brush and swipe onto cheeks and bam! Im good to go. I get so many compliments when i wear this. I will be rebuying and gettin an extra just in case which means alot bc i rarely do that with blush. I love elf. I wish theyd open up their own stores like mac bc id live there. CRUELTY FREE i hope elf sticks around 4ever. I cant live without em.. Hehe
*update
This blush is still my favorite but i have to say i must have opened my back up at some point mistakenly & i realized it was bc i had thought it was a diff color bc somehow the color had faded in the pan somehow which was weird so i kinda rubbed the blush to see if the color became the same after the top layer & it is slowly becoming one true color but i thought it was really weird. i dont keep my makeup in the sun- i am not sure if maybe the cold or heat did it- either way its getting better but its alot lighter pink like a baby pink on top of the pan then the further down to bottom is the Pink Passion shade- it was so weird since that has never happened to me before not sure if it came like that & i never noticed it? either way i have two opened now & i use either one- and its my favorite go to blush esp when i want a fresh young look. if i got slightly darker eyes- i wll use this blush lightly & it gives mea youthful glow! i love it! this blush will def be great on fair skintones since its so light but it may be great on all skintones! i love it & reach for it all the time which is crazy considering all the blushes i own!

on 9/19/2010 8:08:00 PM

Okay, so I was looking for a hot pink blush, and while searching the elf website I found Pink Passion, so I immediately bought it.

My order arrived in about a week (I bought quite a large amount of stuff)
and when I opened it up, I was only slightly disappointed, it is a little lighter than hot pink, but it still works... as long as you have a very light hand.

I actually find that I love this color better- I would call it a vibrant bubblegum/ cotton candy pink. This looks amazing on pale skin, but provides an instant "woken up" look on any skin color. Everytime I wear this, I feel like Snow White- in a good way. It gives my pale face some color, and looks spectacular.

I can see that this could potentially be a little chalky, but it works fine for me.

It's only $3, and it will last you for quite a while.

I say buy it!