January 29, 2015 | 1671 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - Studio Blush - Pink Passion

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2010 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Gizzyxx

This makes a really pretty and very inexpensive dupe for NARS Desire blush. After lemming Desire for so long, I thought rather than shelling out the 19.50 for NARS I will try ELF first...I have this ELF one and then swatched it on my wrist, before going into Space NK and swatching Desire next to it. Now I must admit they are not 100% the same. Desire is a tiny tiny bit darker, but this is only slightly noticeable side by side.

This ELF blush is really pigmented and is so pretty. It wore for about 8 hours on top of my MAC Pro Longwear foundation. I think that is very good for such a cheap blush. Its also matte, which is good if your worried about looking like a 15 year old/ pores looking more noticeable etc.

The compact is about the same size as NARS and is similar in shape to NARS but its easier to clean and doesnt have that "sticky" feel that the NARS ones have. I like it, and it has a tiny but useful mirror in the compact too.

The texture is not extremely smooth (like the Nars blushes) but its also not bad at all. The colour is super nice and it wears nicely so that is what matters to me.

It brightens up my face and I really like it...Its rapidly becoming one of my faves and that says something as I am blush addict and I rarely wear the same blush for a few days in a row - but I have been with this since getting it!

I think if your lemming Desire like I was, you will not be dissappointed with this. It might have the super fine texture that Nars has but colour wise - save yourself some considerable pennies and try the ELF one first.

By the way, it seems a lot of the ELF Studio blushes are NARS dupes so check them (and the reviews) out if there are other Nars blushes you are after.

I see people are comparing this to NYX Pinky (which I have too) - now they are not that similar (to me anyways). Pinky is more of a fuschia colour, where as Pink Passion is more "pink". I think Pink Passion is easier to wear and will suit more skin tones than Pinky (which I love).

I am SO glad I didnt shell out for Desire after getting this and I will most definately re-purchase...

For reference I am NC35, with dark hair and brown eyes.

I hope this review helped.

20 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2010 9:19:00 PM More reviews by dawnong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this blush! It gives me a quick flush! It is matte and bubble gumish pink:) I am a NW25 and this looks pretty ok one me. Very natural. But please apply with light hand to avoid looking like a clown. ELF studio blushes ROCKS!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by marylinmisfit93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i love this blush!!!! i was looking for pink blush but couldnt find a non sparkley one... =( then i stumbled upon this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay!!!!! the color is perfect, my friends tease me about my "barbie blush" now....hehehe... =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love love love this blush (as i do with all of the elf studio and reg line blushes, studio line rocks my world) this looks like a really bright pink in pan (looks exactly like nars packaging except with a front small window and mirror inside great stuff im telling u) im very pale with slight pink undertones and at first i was nervous that it be too bright and goddy but its so pretty and perfect that id wear it every day if i wasnt obsessed with buying every blush i can get to. It makes me look like i laughed for hours if u can understand. Its just wonderful. I apply with elf studio complexion or blush brush and swipe onto cheeks and bam! Im good to go. I get so many compliments when i wear this. I will be rebuying and gettin an extra just in case which means alot bc i rarely do that with blush. I love elf. I wish theyd open up their own stores like mac bc id live there. CRUELTY FREE i hope elf sticks around 4ever. I cant live without em.. Hehe
*update
This blush is still my favorite but i have to say i must have opened my back up at some point mistakenly & i realized it was bc i had thought it was a diff color bc somehow the color had faded in the pan somehow which was weird so i kinda rubbed the blush to see if the color became the same after the top layer & it is slowly becoming one true color but i thought it was really weird. i dont keep my makeup in the sun- i am not sure if maybe the cold or heat did it- either way its getting better but its alot lighter pink like a baby pink on top of the pan then the further down to bottom is the Pink Passion shade- it was so weird since that has never happened to me before not sure if it came like that & i never noticed it? either way i have two opened now & i use either one- and its my favorite go to blush esp when i want a fresh young look. if i got slightly darker eyes- i wll use this blush lightly & it gives mea youthful glow! i love it! this blush will def be great on fair skintones since its so light but it may be great on all skintones! i love it & reach for it all the time which is crazy considering all the blushes i own!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2010 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Shafersinger

Okay, so I was looking for a hot pink blush, and while searching the elf website I found Pink Passion, so I immediately bought it.

My order arrived in about a week (I bought quite a large amount of stuff)
and when I opened it up, I was only slightly disappointed, it is a little lighter than hot pink, but it still works... as long as you have a very light hand.

I actually find that I love this color better- I would call it a vibrant bubblegum/ cotton candy pink. This looks amazing on pale skin, but provides an instant "woken up" look on any skin color. Everytime I wear this, I feel like Snow White- in a good way. It gives my pale face some color, and looks spectacular.

I can see that this could potentially be a little chalky, but it works fine for me.

It's only $3, and it will last you for quite a while.

I say buy it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2010 6:35:00 AM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great color, but I think it's best on fair skin. I'm on the tan side, and it's a bit much, a little too cool for my skin tone. As with all E.L.F blushes, a bit on the powdery/chalky side, which I'm not a huge fan of. Don't think I'll repurchase. For the price, it's a good buy, but eh.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by tatsudoshi65

I love this blush! I use this blush everyday. It doesn't transfer to your cheeks super pigmented, but considering the color I think that's a good thing. Its buildable though and for my skin tone, it looks amazing. I especially like that it's a make blush, but if you're interested in a more shimmery alternative I recommend Tickled Pink, by ELF's Studio Line.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2010 2:41:00 PM More reviews by bebe7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wonderful pink blush. I was expecting it to be a bit more pigmented, but it is still wonderful. It's a very pretty pink color. It looks very bright in the pan, but it goes on as a light pink, and it gives you a natural pink flush. As others have said, it gives you a sweet innocent look. It is just slightly chalky, but I don't mind that at all. I can use a few swipes of this blush and still not look over the top. It's buildable, but can also be natural looking. I love the elf studio line, and this one is just another great example. On my light-medium Asian skin, it does not show up as cool toned, but just a nice, pink flush. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2010 10:28:00 PM More reviews by umyeah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this blush!.... In the pan it looks very scary. I thought.. oh no...barbie pink and chalky! Great!.. I can use it for Halloween and go as an eighties groupie!.... BUT I was totally amazed at how it applied. It gave me a very natural flush and brighten my face right up. It is a nice pink without being over the top. Yes I would buy it again and again! Love the packaging and the price tag!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2010 6:07:00 PM More reviews by starbuck65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm really picky about blush but I had to get this because of the color. I am so glad I did. It is absolutely gorgeous. My friend has NYX Pinky, to me it's not the same. The closest thing I had to compare it with , and it's no comparison, is Pink Swoon which is lighter, even in the pan, swatched side by side Pink Swoon looks like it has a bit of plum undertone so much so that It looked like Mocha in comparison. Pink Passion is not decidedly cool, it's just pink, like a softer, slightly lighter but still bright powdered version of NYX l/s in Narcissus but so much prettier (I don't like Narcissus). It's not powdery, it's not chalky, it's not shocking- atleast on NW25 skin- it's just so soft and beautiful. It actually looks natural, it's such a soft color which was so unexpected I thought it would be shocking. I LOVE IT! I'm getting back ups and if it does wear off quickly I won't care- I'll just keep touching it up which is amazing to me sice that's what I'm so picky about- I hate blush that wears off but this color is so worth every future touch up.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No