July 29, 2014 | 2043 users online

Crème - MAC - Mineralize Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2010 9:16:00 AM More reviews by miszdeniise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got a sample in NC15, pretty good runs dark tho. Goes on very smooth and nice. Does look like skin, if blended correctly. However its heavy and drying on my already dry skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Mala011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

So my experience with MAC foundations has not been positive. I may really like the color and finish of a MAC foundation, but I would always break out, no matter which one I tried. I would get so sad so I just gave up on MAC foundations altogether. Until now. This foundation is awesome!!!! I have super oily skin. But this does not seem to make me oilier. Actually, I have to blot alot less. It looks pristine on my skin. From when I put it on in the morning until I come home (9 hours) it still looks great. No separation, no oxidation. I was shocked. I have NC35 and apply it with the Hourglass Kabuki and then spread a little with my fingers so it does not get too heavy. It looks better with lighter application. Then I apply MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Plus on top an I am ready to go.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 5:06:00 PM More reviews by MSMOZEKE

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite MAC foundation....My skin is super dry and this is really moisturizing ...It is not heavy or cakey on my skin....It also is the first foundation from MAC that has matched me perfectly...I normally am @ a NC45 but this ran a tad dark and I purchased NC44....probably in the summer I may need the NC45 not sure..But right now NC44 is completely perfect. I give this a big thumbs up....This and MUFE are my favs and I am putting it right up there on the top with my MUFE.
I would 100% buy this again....

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Sabrina09

This product is my HG.... BUT you must use the MAC brush 109 and PUSH it into your skin (don't swipe or swirl). If you PAT it into your skin with the tip of the bristles (in a quick tapping manner) you will get the coverage that ALL crave without the cakey look....it will go into your skin and will look FLAWLESS.... like airbrush picture flawless. I realize now that the SWIRLING doesn't allow me the coverage or texture that I have always craved. The quick tapping and this product are HG. I then take the same brush and tap the MAC prep+prime powder....and literally get stopped a zillion times wherever I go....sometimes it's even annoying when I'm late....people are THAT impressed. I got NC 25 and it's great for my light Asian skin....will have to go NC30 when summer gets here...but this is the flawless look that I wouldn't even be embarrassed to go to the gym, boating, beach with.... when you look cakey it just looks ridiculous to go to these types of event with "makeup" on....this just looks like PERFECT skin...and trust me I'm a perfectionist!!!!!!

12 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 11:38:00 AM More reviews by audmac

Wanted to try out some new foundations and the SA at MAC made me a sample of this in nc15. Color was perfect match for me but unfortunately the coverage was not good enough to cover up a couple of blemishes. Will be trying out the loose powder mineralize makeup next.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 2:51:00 AM More reviews by statunay

first of all, i have to say, i love this foundation. i have eczema, so having skin that's prone to being excessively dry, i went ahead and purchased the compact at my local counter. At first i thought that it's a bit too light for me...i wear c40 in studio fix powder, and in this one i'm an nw 37, but it's such a good match! it's hydrating, easy to build up, and even easy to play down, by diluting it a bit on a brush or sponge with a little water or fix +. overall, a great investment, updates if i need to post any to come!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2010 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Hollytron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is day 3. I wanted to wait longer before writing a review because I am still playing with it (application, coverage, etc.) but so far, no complaints with every way I've applied it! Let's begin. Day 1 was in store. I went to try it on, and didn't want to buy it because I wanted to see how it would wear (how it feels, the color match, longevity, does it change color, all that). It was applied with a foundation brush, fairly light. It wore for 5 hours, flawlessly, no color change. Day 2 was in a MAC store at the mall. Tried it on using the new brush (130), shopped around. I tried it on pretty lightly this time as well. Even applied light though, it is not a sheer coverage. You get great medium coverage without too much effort. I bought it on Day 2, and today is Day 3. I've been wearing it now for 7 hours. Has not faded, changed color, or anything. Today, I put it on a bit heavier, and about 20 minutes after I had it on, I decided to take a sponge and gently wipe some away. It wears so much better when used gently! Again: The coverage is there! No need to use too much! Tomorrow, I plan to use my clean fingers to apply directly to my face (oh, I use a little scooper to get a bit out and put on the back of my hand for sanitary reasons).
I'd like to now comment on the color match. It's good! It is a bit darker than my usual foundations, but actually is a better match for me right now! I am wearing NC15 and it is not a whole shade darker than usual. It's perfect.
Now for how it wears: Alright, I think this is made for dry, sensitive skin. I have *very* dry skin and this has been marvelous. It stays sort of dewy for a while. It doesn't "dry" for some time. I'd say it takes about 20 minutes for it to really set to the look you're going to have for the rest of the day. After it "sets" it looks even more amazing!! (I think it looks amazing from the first application.) It is not illuminating in a shimmer kind of way, but something about it makes me skin simply glow! I'm not a vain sort of girl, but for the last couple of days, I have been glancing in every mirror or reflective surface I go by. In every one, I just think, "Look at my flawless skin!" Not "Look at my mask!" Which... Is what I usually think with MAC foundations (and actually many others not only MAC; I am very particular). It really just seems to blend into the skin and looks invisible! It just makes you look like you have naturally luminous, glowing skin! I am truly impressed with this foundation and I may have to put this up there in my top foundations! Other than this, I really like Giorgio Armani LS (sadly there is no color match however), and NARS Sheer Glow (I wear Siberia and Gobi, depending on the season). I feel this is going right up there with the look and feel of those two. But BETTER because it makes my dry skin feel so good!
Which makes me want to comment on one more thing... I feel like this foundation has been working with my skin. NARS Sheer Glow has been the foundation of choice for me for the last 4 months straight. However, I have to be careful around especially dry areas because its not quite hydrating enough. With Mineralize Foundation, I notice reduced flakes and redness after I remove it! Wow!! This foundation has so many perks! Sorry for the essay, but thanks for reading if you got this far! I'm sure that if you are a dry or sensitive skinned gal, you may really like this!

30 out of 32 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2010 6:53:00 PM More reviews by yrrucs

I am a 36 year old African American women with acne scars, dark marks, and uneven skin tone. This product is so good I made this my first review. This product is buildable, lightweight on the skin, non too matte or shiny, gives your skin a glow and does NOT look mask like. Using your fingers is the best way to go. Don't know if it will break me out but I make sure to use a moisturizer underneath so it's not seeping in my pores. Don't go by the look of the color, make sure to try it on in the store. I thought nc45 would be too light but when I tried it on, it just melted into my skin. This is MAC BEST foundation to date, and I've tried them all! LOL! ................................................
Edit : I returned this product the following week. I would only use MAC for MAYBE special occasions...too heavy on the skin. Go to Mario Tricoci and get a custom blend mineral powder Cose (not liquid, trust me) make-up made. Get it loose, not pressed because the binding will make you look very cakey. Don't get any additives like 'balancing' because they may break you out like I did AND the additives will take away from the color of the powder. This product is a million times better than all the other mineral powders out there because it doesn't have that extra stuff that most store mineral powders have that makes people break out and/or itch. Make sure you get a skilled makeup artist because it is completely custom blended. I've been using this product for years and will continue to as long as they make it.

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2010 3:04:00 PM More reviews by phylalexan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very pleased with this foundation in NW15 (which is my usual shade in MAC foundation). MAC MUA applied it on my skin & then dusted MAC mineralize skinfinish in lt/med on top ..my skin looks softer & smoother than it has in a long time. Ignore the fact that these look much darker in compact than they actually are. In warmer months I'm combo skin but this foundation was perfect for a bit drier skin. With a mattifier underneath this would work well for oilly skin as well. Applied with MAC 109 brush, but plan on buying MAC 130 brush that is sold with this foundation.
UPDATE 2/27/10: Be careful when using this foundation not to use too much which I apparently have been doing - since I hit pan after just 10 days of using this! Also SA told me to purchase the 130 brush so it will soak up less product. I had been using MAC 109. Even so, it seems like one could go through this product in less than a month unless very careful!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2010 8:59:00 PM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Buildable, and silky-feeling. Creamy.
And more like the Cremeblend/CCB finish.
It doesn't feel thick like the studio concealer.

I fell in love with this foundation on first glance.
It feels great, it's super blendable, and the coverage is completely buildable.
I recommend application of this product with a denser brush. The 188 it's (re)promoted with, wouldn't do the best job. Or was that with riveting? I don't really remember.

Any foundation brush, MAC109, 189, and 187 could do a good job. I personally like a heavier brush than the 187.

The MUA's all scoop this out with a spatula then on a petri dish to apply the foundation, and it's a cleaner way of applying this foundation (as creme palettes/products usually do get a bit gunky..)

I'm usually an NC25 in Studio Fix powder/liquid/select SPF/light medium mineralize skin finish powder, but I'm a NC(15-)20 in this. Perhaps its also because its winter now.

It's good on most areas of my face.
It covers acne decently, the sheer coverage went over acne scarring great.
It doesn't enhance dry skin.
Wore a little funny on my nose. (Certain foundations wear funnily on my nose area, for no particular reason)

I'll hope that this doesn't break me out, but I don't seem to be one of the people who break out from MAC foundations. :)

Small things to note:
No sparkle. No glimmer. Matte-satin finish.
This doesn't feel tight at all on your skin. (Like some foundations do)
Wears well all day with a setting powder.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No