MAC Mineralize Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate 2.50% Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Isohexadecane, Dextrin Palmitate, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Alcohol, Triethylhexanoin, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Pentylene Glycol, Glycerin, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract\Beta Vulgaris\Extrait De Racine De Betterave, Yeast Extract\Faex\Extrait De Levure, Lysine, PEG-15/Lauryl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearoyl Inulin, Magnesium Chloride, Octyldodecyl PCA, Caprylyl Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Zinc Chloride, Isododecane, Potassium Chloride, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288)]

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Well I read the reviews and went along and picked up a sample. I usually don't appreciate people placing reviews on so scant an experience of a product but sometimes you can just tell right away whether its any good can't you? So, It sounded wonderful. I got a brilliant match. One of the truly loveliest colours ever on my skin and when she swirled it around on the back of my hand I could see what a lovely dewy effect it produced- she did work it mind you. I was so excited to try it. I am fair with golden undertones and was matched to NC30 (keep reminding myself that Mac work opposite to everyone else)! I wore it yesterday. It was so, so difficult to put on. I used my trustie foundation brush, I stippled, I swirled, I used fingers. It took ages. I adored the colour but it looked odd. I didnt think much of the coverage, I found it pilled and was cakey, which foundations don't usually do on me. It gave me flakes I didn't know I had, gave me lines, sat in every pore. I have a few visible pores either side of my nose under my eyes. This magnified them all over my face. I thought it may settle as the day went on. It wore fine but the finish was really ageing. The last time I had this was with some rubbish L'Oreal mineral powder. I love most things Mac- lipsticks, powders, blush, eye colours, but can't wear this. When I took it off my skin looked so dry. I think it was starting to make my eyelids burn too. Youthful, good skin can wear this. To me, sadly, it felt like cheap wax crayons rubbed over my face. Tacky and rubbish. I am prepared to accept that maybe the tester the sample came from was dried out a bit. I am now breaking out a few days later and this is my chief suspect. I am actually disappointed because it doesn't contain parabens and the colour has set a standard for me.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I purchased this yesterday because it was new and I wanted to try it. I have tried for years to make MAC foundations work for me and so far I had been unsuccessful.

I have tried Studio Fix liquid, nice finish, no color match (I would have to mix NC45 and NC50 - too time consuming) ; Mineralize Liquid SPF 15 nice finish, great color match, but made me oily.

I use Studio Fix (C7) powder and MSNF (Dark) both work well, but MSNF is not enough coverage alone and Studio Fix can look very dry and powdery. StudioTech NC45 was too dark, and could make me oily as well. So I gave this one a try. I like the way it feels, very similar to StudioTech. The compact is the same as StudioFix and StudioTech, but smaller.

I applied with the 187 and blended, then finished with MSFN in Dark using my 182. So far, so good. I applied this morning and I have checked my face several times. No color change and no oilies!! Hopefully it will last all day. I will edit my post in about two weeks. For reference, I'm AA, NC45/C7 with dry, sensitive skin. I rated it a 3 b/c this is my first day with the product.

I bought this product the first day it came out as my studio fix powder was at an end..
I have to say, I am impressed.. I think it has more of a skin like look then studio fix power, as this one has a sight shine to it which normal skin has.

The only thing I am worried about is how long it will last..
I stipple it on with my MAC 187 which is perfect, but my studio tech which is a similar style ran out much quicker than my studio fix which lasted for ever..

I do find this product looks better when you use less of it, and i think that if you are using the right tools.. [dual head fiber brush such as the mac 187 is pretty essential for a natural finish]

I do tend to make sure my face is exfoliated and moisturized more now as it sits so much nicer on the right skin..

I'm not sure if i would recommend this to people with spots. when i get a spot that pops up i don't know how buildable it is without looking cakey in that area.. Don't know how it would look with a consealor.

I use like to use the daily thermal skin polisher.. i think it's basically a gentel exfoliant which can be used more than once a week unlike more harsh exfoliators which should only be used once a week..

I am impressed with it, just hope it last as long as studio fix powder.. Studio tech ran out after about a month which i didn't think was good.

UPDATE:
I had this make up for about a month, and i've hit the bottom of the pan..
i think it can work out quite expensive compared to the powder because you'll have to repurchase much much more..

I've now moved on the face and body foundation.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Well my studio fix had ran out and my skin had been quite dry so wanted a change. Read reviews on here so thought I would give this a go as I wanted something a bit lighter for my skin than my usual coverall studio fix or EL Double Wear and something that made my skin look like skin with a bit of a glow. I went to the MAC counter and said I wanted to try this "Oh its lovely I use this all the time" was the response from the MUA, my heart sank, poor girl had really bad acne and red patches all over, this wasn't making me want to purchase. However she did my face and I must admit it did look good so I paid and left. Was pushed to buy the 130 brush at £27 but I had a good alternative so didn't bother. A few days later and I do like this, whilst cover isn't full, it is enough and can be built up. My skin feels fresh and not tight and clearly luminious. The one big thing I noticed as soon as I put it on was it really hid my pronounced lines between my nose and mouth, quite incredibley. Others say this runs a bit dark but I bought my studiofix colour NW20 and if anything I think its a bit lighter..

All in all this does everything I wanted it to do so will repurchase and at £23 its not that much more than drugstore foundations that I find work OK for a bit but my skin soon pays for it.

Got a sample in NC15, pretty good runs dark tho. Goes on very smooth and nice. Does look like skin, if blended correctly. However its heavy and drying on my already dry skin!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

So my experience with MAC foundations has not been positive. I may really like the color and finish of a MAC foundation, but I would always break out, no matter which one I tried. I would get so sad so I just gave up on MAC foundations altogether. Until now. This foundation is awesome!!!! I have super oily skin. But this does not seem to make me oilier. Actually, I have to blot alot less. It looks pristine on my skin. From when I put it on in the morning until I come home (9 hours) it still looks great. No separation, no oxidation. I was shocked. I have NC35 and apply it with the Hourglass Kabuki and then spread a little with my fingers so it does not get too heavy. It looks better with lighter application. Then I apply MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Plus on top an I am ready to go.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is my favorite MAC foundation....My skin is super dry and this is really moisturizing ...It is not heavy or cakey on my skin....It also is the first foundation from MAC that has matched me perfectly...I normally am @ a NC45 but this ran a tad dark and I purchased NC44....probably in the summer I may need the NC45 not sure..But right now NC44 is completely perfect. I give this a big thumbs up....This and MUFE are my favs and I am putting it right up there on the top with my MUFE.
I would 100% buy this again....

This product is my HG.... BUT you must use the MAC brush 109 and PUSH it into your skin (don't swipe or swirl). If you PAT it into your skin with the tip of the bristles (in a quick tapping manner) you will get the coverage that ALL crave without the cakey look....it will go into your skin and will look FLAWLESS.... like airbrush picture flawless. I realize now that the SWIRLING doesn't allow me the coverage or texture that I have always craved. The quick tapping and this product are HG. I then take the same brush and tap the MAC prep+prime powder....and literally get stopped a zillion times wherever I go....sometimes it's even annoying when I'm late....people are THAT impressed. I got NC 25 and it's great for my light Asian skin....will have to go NC30 when summer gets here...but this is the flawless look that I wouldn't even be embarrassed to go to the gym, boating, beach with.... when you look cakey it just looks ridiculous to go to these types of event with "makeup" on....this just looks like PERFECT skin...and trust me I'm a perfectionist!!!!!!

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Wanted to try out some new foundations and the SA at MAC made me a sample of this in nc15. Color was perfect match for me but unfortunately the coverage was not good enough to cover up a couple of blemishes. Will be trying out the loose powder mineralize makeup next.

first of all, i have to say, i love this foundation. i have eczema, so having skin that's prone to being excessively dry, i went ahead and purchased the compact at my local counter. At first i thought that it's a bit too light for me...i wear c40 in studio fix powder, and in this one i'm an nw 37, but it's such a good match! it's hydrating, easy to build up, and even easy to play down, by diluting it a bit on a brush or sponge with a little water or fix +. overall, a great investment, updates if i need to post any to come!