MAC Mineralize Foundation

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate 2.50% Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Isohexadecane, Dextrin Palmitate, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Alcohol, Triethylhexanoin, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Pentylene Glycol, Glycerin, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract\Beta Vulgaris\Extrait De Racine De Betterave, Yeast Extract\Faex\Extrait De Levure, Lysine, PEG-15/Lauryl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearoyl Inulin, Magnesium Chloride, Octyldodecyl PCA, Caprylyl Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Zinc Chloride, Isododecane, Potassium Chloride, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288)]

on 2/25/2010 7:57:00 PM

I bought this product the first day it came out as my studio fix powder was at an end..
I have to say, I am impressed.. I think it has more of a skin like look then studio fix power, as this one has a sight shine to it which normal skin has.

The only thing I am worried about is how long it will last..
I stipple it on with my MAC 187 which is perfect, but my studio tech which is a similar style ran out much quicker than my studio fix which lasted for ever..

I do find this product looks better when you use less of it, and i think that if you are using the right tools.. [dual head fiber brush such as the mac 187 is pretty essential for a natural finish]

I do tend to make sure my face is exfoliated and moisturized more now as it sits so much nicer on the right skin..

I'm not sure if i would recommend this to people with spots. when i get a spot that pops up i don't know how buildable it is without looking cakey in that area.. Don't know how it would look with a consealor.

I use like to use the daily thermal skin polisher.. i think it's basically a gentel exfoliant which can be used more than once a week unlike more harsh exfoliators which should only be used once a week..

I am impressed with it, just hope it last as long as studio fix powder.. Studio tech ran out after about a month which i didn't think was good.

I had this make up for about a month, and i've hit the bottom of the pan..
i think it can work out quite expensive compared to the powder because you'll have to repurchase much much more..

I've now moved on the face and body foundation.

on 2/25/2010 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Well my studio fix had ran out and my skin had been quite dry so wanted a change. Read reviews on here so thought I would give this a go as I wanted something a bit lighter for my skin than my usual coverall studio fix or EL Double Wear and something that made my skin look like skin with a bit of a glow. I went to the MAC counter and said I wanted to try this "Oh its lovely I use this all the time" was the response from the MUA, my heart sank, poor girl had really bad acne and red patches all over, this wasn't making me want to purchase. However she did my face and I must admit it did look good so I paid and left. Was pushed to buy the 130 brush at £27 but I had a good alternative so didn't bother. A few days later and I do like this, whilst cover isn't full, it is enough and can be built up. My skin feels fresh and not tight and clearly luminious. The one big thing I noticed as soon as I put it on was it really hid my pronounced lines between my nose and mouth, quite incredibley. Others say this runs a bit dark but I bought my studiofix colour NW20 and if anything I think its a bit lighter..

All in all this does everything I wanted it to do so will repurchase and at £23 its not that much more than drugstore foundations that I find work OK for a bit but my skin soon pays for it.

on 2/24/2010 9:16:00 AM

Got a sample in NC15, pretty good runs dark tho. Goes on very smooth and nice. Does look like skin, if blended correctly. However its heavy and drying on my already dry skin!

on 2/23/2010 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

So my experience with MAC foundations has not been positive. I may really like the color and finish of a MAC foundation, but I would always break out, no matter which one I tried. I would get so sad so I just gave up on MAC foundations altogether. Until now. This foundation is awesome!!!! I have super oily skin. But this does not seem to make me oilier. Actually, I have to blot alot less. It looks pristine on my skin. From when I put it on in the morning until I come home (9 hours) it still looks great. No separation, no oxidation. I was shocked. I have NC35 and apply it with the Hourglass Kabuki and then spread a little with my fingers so it does not get too heavy. It looks better with lighter application. Then I apply MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Plus on top an I am ready to go.

on 2/23/2010 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is my favorite MAC foundation....My skin is super dry and this is really moisturizing ...It is not heavy or cakey on my skin....It also is the first foundation from MAC that has matched me perfectly...I normally am @ a NC45 but this ran a tad dark and I purchased NC44....probably in the summer I may need the NC45 not sure..But right now NC44 is completely perfect. I give this a big thumbs up....This and MUFE are my favs and I am putting it right up there on the top with my MUFE.
I would 100% buy this again....

on 2/21/2010 4:12:00 PM

This product is my HG.... BUT you must use the MAC brush 109 and PUSH it into your skin (don't swipe or swirl). If you PAT it into your skin with the tip of the bristles (in a quick tapping manner) you will get the coverage that ALL crave without the cakey will go into your skin and will look FLAWLESS.... like airbrush picture flawless. I realize now that the SWIRLING doesn't allow me the coverage or texture that I have always craved. The quick tapping and this product are HG. I then take the same brush and tap the MAC prep+prime powder....and literally get stopped a zillion times wherever I go....sometimes it's even annoying when I'm late....people are THAT impressed. I got NC 25 and it's great for my light Asian skin....will have to go NC30 when summer gets here...but this is the flawless look that I wouldn't even be embarrassed to go to the gym, boating, beach with.... when you look cakey it just looks ridiculous to go to these types of event with "makeup" on....this just looks like PERFECT skin...and trust me I'm a perfectionist!!!!!!

on 2/21/2010 11:38:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Wanted to try out some new foundations and the SA at MAC made me a sample of this in nc15. Color was perfect match for me but unfortunately the coverage was not good enough to cover up a couple of blemishes. Will be trying out the loose powder mineralize makeup next.

on 2/21/2010 2:51:00 AM

first of all, i have to say, i love this foundation. i have eczema, so having skin that's prone to being excessively dry, i went ahead and purchased the compact at my local counter. At first i thought that it's a bit too light for me...i wear c40 in studio fix powder, and in this one i'm an nw 37, but it's such a good match! it's hydrating, easy to build up, and even easy to play down, by diluting it a bit on a brush or sponge with a little water or fix +. overall, a great investment, updates if i need to post any to come!

on 2/20/2010 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

This is day 3. I wanted to wait longer before writing a review because I am still playing with it (application, coverage, etc.) but so far, no complaints with every way I've applied it! Let's begin. Day 1 was in store. I went to try it on, and didn't want to buy it because I wanted to see how it would wear (how it feels, the color match, longevity, does it change color, all that). It was applied with a foundation brush, fairly light. It wore for 5 hours, flawlessly, no color change. Day 2 was in a MAC store at the mall. Tried it on using the new brush (130), shopped around. I tried it on pretty lightly this time as well. Even applied light though, it is not a sheer coverage. You get great medium coverage without too much effort. I bought it on Day 2, and today is Day 3. I've been wearing it now for 7 hours. Has not faded, changed color, or anything. Today, I put it on a bit heavier, and about 20 minutes after I had it on, I decided to take a sponge and gently wipe some away. It wears so much better when used gently! Again: The coverage is there! No need to use too much! Tomorrow, I plan to use my clean fingers to apply directly to my face (oh, I use a little scooper to get a bit out and put on the back of my hand for sanitary reasons).
I'd like to now comment on the color match. It's good! It is a bit darker than my usual foundations, but actually is a better match for me right now! I am wearing NC15 and it is not a whole shade darker than usual. It's perfect.
Now for how it wears: Alright, I think this is made for dry, sensitive skin. I have *very* dry skin and this has been marvelous. It stays sort of dewy for a while. It doesn't "dry" for some time. I'd say it takes about 20 minutes for it to really set to the look you're going to have for the rest of the day. After it "sets" it looks even more amazing!! (I think it looks amazing from the first application.) It is not illuminating in a shimmer kind of way, but something about it makes me skin simply glow! I'm not a vain sort of girl, but for the last couple of days, I have been glancing in every mirror or reflective surface I go by. In every one, I just think, "Look at my flawless skin!" Not "Look at my mask!" Which... Is what I usually think with MAC foundations (and actually many others not only MAC; I am very particular). It really just seems to blend into the skin and looks invisible! It just makes you look like you have naturally luminous, glowing skin! I am truly impressed with this foundation and I may have to put this up there in my top foundations! Other than this, I really like Giorgio Armani LS (sadly there is no color match however), and NARS Sheer Glow (I wear Siberia and Gobi, depending on the season). I feel this is going right up there with the look and feel of those two. But BETTER because it makes my dry skin feel so good!
Which makes me want to comment on one more thing... I feel like this foundation has been working with my skin. NARS Sheer Glow has been the foundation of choice for me for the last 4 months straight. However, I have to be careful around especially dry areas because its not quite hydrating enough. With Mineralize Foundation, I notice reduced flakes and redness after I remove it! Wow!! This foundation has so many perks! Sorry for the essay, but thanks for reading if you got this far! I'm sure that if you are a dry or sensitive skinned gal, you may really like this!

on 2/20/2010 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I am a 36 year old African American women with acne scars, dark marks, and uneven skin tone. This product is so good I made this my first review. This product is buildable, lightweight on the skin, non too matte or shiny, gives your skin a glow and does NOT look mask like. Using your fingers is the best way to go. Don't know if it will break me out but I make sure to use a moisturizer underneath so it's not seeping in my pores. Don't go by the look of the color, make sure to try it on in the store. I thought nc45 would be too light but when I tried it on, it just melted into my skin. This is MAC BEST foundation to date, and I've tried them all! LOL! ................................................
Edit : I returned this product the following week. I would only use MAC for MAYBE special occasions...too heavy on the skin. Go to Mario Tricoci and get a custom blend mineral powder Cose (not liquid, trust me) make-up made. Get it loose, not pressed because the binding will make you look very cakey. Don't get any additives like 'balancing' because they may break you out like I did AND the additives will take away from the color of the powder. This product is a million times better than all the other mineral powders out there because it doesn't have that extra stuff that most store mineral powders have that makes people break out and/or itch. Make sure you get a skilled makeup artist because it is completely custom blended. I've been using this product for years and will continue to as long as they make it.

Popular Crème Foundations