July 29, 2014 | 994 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Longnailsbiglashes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Don't understand the hype on this product. I would understand why people with dry skin would do wonders however anyone with oily skin STAY AWAY . I have given it many goes over 2 months, with and without setting powders, strays etc best primers it still smears after a few hours and oxidises bad. Flower perfection is way better then this any day.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 8:26:00 AM More reviews by matouli

It is my favourite foundation so far. It has a good amount of coverage which can be buildable. Not cakey though it can sometimes be if you apply too much. Nice finish, not too matte not shiny at all, really natural. The colour range is not huge but me I'm 53 during the winter and 54 during the summer (maybe even 55 because I get easily tanned. The packaging is good except the fact that the pump of one of the bottles I got does not work properly and I have to press it again and again to get some decent amount. Can get a shiny after some time but it's not too much except if you have really oily face I guess.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 10:26:00 AM More reviews by RachelGrizott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

When i bought this foundation online it was a shot in the dark, i thought it wouldn't live for the hype... but i was totally WRONG! i have very sensitive and acne prone skin . if you want to achieve the no make-up make-up look please buy this and try it for yourself i'm really picky when it comes to foundation and i don't like to put cheap crap stuff on my face since i have troubled skin... i was very skeptical at first but now it is my go to foundation... the only con is that sometimes it looks like my skin didn't absorbed totally the product but i changed my moisturizer and now is like a dream! for the record i live in a very hot and humid climate, usually i don't wear foundation daily but moisturiser and sunscreen so i can't really say if the foundation would handle harsh conditions. also a good primer would really help ... i like to use the Hourglass veil mineral primer under the Healthy Mix and it's soooooo longlasting...

About the color range: i really think they should expand the color wheel because this is an amazing foundation , i have light skin with neutral undertones and i wear #53 though sometimes i feel it's a little dark for my complexion... but since i live in Brazil my skin 'learned' to tan easily, my next buy will be a shade lighter for the winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by zynab

I'm in love with this foundation it's very smooth didn't break me out look so natural medium coverage the only con that the shades are a little bit orange ,but Iit's ok by me cause i love it sooooooo much
I apply with my mac 187 & it look soooooooo good

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by mariasara

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is a good foundation but not as good as I expected.This doesn`t last all day, coverage is Light, and it's not that natural..I think you need to have a good skin to use it because coverage is limited. I bought 52-vanille, wich is a litltle dark for my sort of nc20 skin. So, I will go back to max factor lasting foundation, because on my skin it lasts until I take it off and has more coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by jinglingjambo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like this foundation, it's not HG material but it's a very good foundation for its price.
For reference, I am NW20 and use shade 53. It seemed a little dark but once blended, it didn't look streaky & it also didn't oxidise which is great.
I was pleasantly surprised that this foundation has really good oil-control, I have oily & acne-prone skin and this controls shine and hasn't caused me any break-outs.
As I said, this foundation has great qualities but it did look dappled by the end of the day and I need something that can last the extra mile as I don't get a chance to use blotting sheets at work.
I would happily use this foundation if I were able to re-touch it when needed and it is a firm staple in my make-up bag when I don't fancy using MAC Studio Fix.

I took a lippie off because it is not super long-lasting and also because I don't like the smell. It's like they have tried to make it smell really fresh and fruity but it smells really processed and chemically to me.

I would recommend this foundation to anyone looking for a well-priced good quality foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Indiiii293

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My HG foundation!! I regret buying Estee Lauder double wear after I tried this out:
- decent medium coverage
- does not feel/look like your wearing a mask
- blends beautifully into the skin
- great skin colour matches
- smells amazing! does not stink like make-up but smells fresh and fruity
- does not flare up my skin
- good value for money
- can get a bit oily but worth it for the way it looks on your skin. Oil can easily be controlled with a powder :) Prefer this so much compared to my Estee Lauder double wear. Just looks so much more natural on the skin

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2013 7:49:00 AM More reviews by miniroll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pro's: easily to blend, natural coverage, nice smell, ok packaging

Con's: DOES NOT LAST LONG!! My biggest pet peeve, even with primer and setting the foundation does not last beyond a few hours. Why pay money for something that does not last?

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by pandagrl90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wish there were more shades for this great foundation. It gives medium coverage that can look a bit cakey for me, only because it doesn't quite match my skin tone. I love the packaging, plastic with a very nice pump, and it's very inexpensive for such a smooth foundation. It does smell quite strongly, a bit floral, but I like the scent. More shades Bourjois!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by fassolichka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted to love this so bad after watching Lisa Eldridge sing its praises. It took me months to track down, and when I finally got my hands on it, I spent about 3 months in total denial. I wore it every day and refused to deal with the fact that it made my face an oil slick.

I have combination skin to begin with, but I feel like the extreme shininess that appears within an hour of application is not my own oil, but has to do with the way the formula breaks down over time. This just doesn't happen when I wear other foundations.

It's a pity because the color is great (52 for my NC25 skin), the texture is a dream to apply, the smell is delicious (even though I don't normally like fragrance), and the packaging is so convenient. Coverage, though, is a bit meh, and I am convinced that this product will bind to any existing oil on your face and make it 20 times worse.

Conclusion: if you already have pretty good, dry-to-normal skin, this will probably be a great product for you. But if you have any oiliness at all, or any dark marks to cover, look for something else.