Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID

on 8/9/2013 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum. It is light, sheer, beautifying and very natural. For the most part, it is enough coverage for me. However, about once a month I have a bad skin day and just feel I need a little bit more coverage.

With that in mind, I ordered the regular Healthy Mix. I didn't know they had changed the regular formula until after I received the bottle. It is now labeled Healthy Mix Radiance Reveal (HMRR).

I wear shade 51 in the serum, so ordered the same in the regular. However, HMRR is slightly darker than the serum. It came out thicker, which I thought was good, but when I applied a thin layer through the center panel of my face it felt a little too thick - if that makes sense. It looked heavy, matte, and cakey. Rather than help to camouflage my bad skin (just a few spots and dryness) it seemed to emphasize it. I perservered, thinking it would settle in over time to a nice finish. Nope! Someone even told me "I have never seen you wear such heavy makeup!". Yikes.

I gave it a few more tries. I put it over moisturizer. I put it over sunscreen. I applied it ever more thinly with a regular foundation brush and then buffed it with a clean buffing brush. Nothing worked to make this look natural.

My skin is combination dry. I don't know how this would work for another skin type. But, for me, it was definitely a fail. Ultimately, I decided that for bad skin days I would just use the serum and finish with Laura Mercier Mineral powder for more coverage as needed.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

To be honest I regret buying this.. Not because of the product itself, but because I meant to get the serum formula, since i don't wear foundation ón an everyday basic. Besides that it'a an awesome foundation. Covers up, but still look natural. HOWEVER i really don't recommend this for oily skin. I have combinated skin, and it goes slightly greasy thrughout the day, with this foundation. For dry skin this would be AMAZING!:-)

on 7/30/2013 9:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

A really good all round foundation. I use 55 when I'm tanned and it matches my skin perfectly. It is medium coverage but very buildable. The name says it all, it makes my skin look really healthy and glowing and I love that about it. I have extremely sensitive and acne-prone skin and this foundation did not react badly with my skin at all, in fact I think it made my skin look so much cleaner and healthier. I really do love this product and the packing is great too, the pump is easy to control and it's a decent size.

on 7/25/2013 8:43:00 AM

Overall I love this foundation. I tried it a year ago when it was the old packaging and thought it was brilliant and refreshing. So after a year of uming and ahing I repurchased it again. Originally I was shade 51 but there wasn't any in stock so went for 52 and glad I did because it suits my skin better in the summer! This is now my go to foundation

on 7/23/2013 4:01:00 AM

I purchased this a very while back but rarely used it because a) I purchased this for $32 which I consider pricey (I'm a drugstore make up kind of girl) and didn't want it wasting away too quickly and b) I had a lot of other foundations I owned that I was happy with at the time. I started using this recently more and more and quickly fell in love. The shade 55 is perfect on me and I love the medium coverage, it's now my everyday foundation. During a visit to Priceline I noticed it was on sale for $16 and one of the workers told me that they were discontinuing this product... Now I'm on the hunt for this foundation at every Priceline I can get to! If anyone in Australia (Western Syd area) has seen this foundation still in stock at a Priceline please somehow let me know! I need to stock up before it's all gone for good! I've even been buying shades 56 and 54 because I am so desperate to have this foundation. Love the smell, the coverage, doesn't leave me too oily and by the end of the day it's still on my face.

on 7/20/2013 3:21:00 PM

I love everything about this foundation. I am NC20 and Shade 52 is a great match right now in the summer. I am actually NW20 face, and NC15-NC20 neck and NC20 works the best in foundation to make everything even out between my face and neck. I have the new version since I just purchased it from asos.com for $ 17 (free shipping!), so I am wondering what it must have been like before the reformulation.

The price is not inexpensive, nor expensive, sort of mid-range. I think for the price you pay, you are getting a quality foundation.

The coverage is excellent, medium at least. The wear is long lasting. One pump is enough for my entire face. I like that the finish is natural, like skin, doesn't look like I am wearing foundation. This foundation does a fairly good job of covering up my hyperpigmentation. It also feels good on my face, not heavy. This is good for combination skin which I have. I am very happy with this foundation, and plan to repurchase.

on 7/18/2013 4:37:00 PM

Beautiful everday foundation and gives an amazing fresh finish. Feels as good as some high end foundations. Such a shame it has been discontinued for the new updated version which is not as good as this. Please bring this version back!

on 7/18/2013 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The finish of this really depends on your skin type and whether you like to use powder last. It smells the same as most Chanel foundations, the pump isn't too stiff, and it gives a "healthy skin" glow. To me it isn't that far off from Vitalumiere Aqua, perhaps less dewy, because that foundation is very dewy on even dry skin. I do find that you need more concealer than the Chanel, which is ok and understandable based on the price. If it was sold in the US, I'd probably buy this vs. many other drugstore options. The drier your skin, the longer it will last. I'm not sure what the apple, melon, and apricot extracts do, but it adds to the appeal. 52 Vanille/Vanilla is a good match for NW20-25, but I think I'll need 51 Light Vanilla/Vanille Clair in the winter.

on 7/17/2013 11:23:00 AM

This is the greatest everyday foundation ever.
It has the perfect amount of coverage for a fresh, youthful look with a satin finish that feels light and comfortable.
Texture is like a thin gel, so easy to blend.
The packaging is beautiful with a hygienic pump and cap.
There is a scent, which smells like summer florally something, not unpleasant but some might find it a bit strong.
Overall, highly recommend

on 7/14/2013 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is a good foundation. It goes on and blends easily, wears well, has good (med.) coverage, and gives the skin a nice, subtle glow. A lippie off for the color - the lightest color is a bit yellow and dark for me, and it brings out just a bit of flakiness on my skin for some reason. The healthy mix serum foundation is good as well, but this one works a bit better for my oily skin.

Video Reviews & Tutorials