Lucy Minerals Foundation

4.2

zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, mica, magnesium stearate, iron oxides, allantoin, Apple Poly polyphenols, resveratrol, green coffee bean extract, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate

on 12/29/2010 10:55:00 PM

Maybe mineral foundations just don't work with my skin, but this made my skin look SO cakey and made my pores look huge. I was so excited to try it and wanted it to work so badly. I will say the customer service is amazing and shipping is SUPER fast!

on 12/29/2010 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Honestly, I don't know who to thank first, Lucy Minerals, or the great MUA members whose reviews prompted me to try it. So... thanks to both!
It was always with wistful envy that I'd read reviews from those who'd found their "HG foundation," and I truly didn't believe I'd ever find one. HE, DS, liquid, creme, powder, I'd tried them all. Some were really excellent, but just didn't hit the HG mark for me. And then I tried Lucy Minerals, and it all changed.
I started with the $1.50 5g sample-sizes of foundation and a blush. I was blown away by the quality (and packaging!) of these products, and the way they wore, felt, and looked on my skin! Let me tell you, 5g jars are tiny, but these powders are so effective and pigmented, I've still plenty left to travel with or stow in a purse!
I ordered the original style foundation powder in Shell Beige, two full-size blushes, and the e/s in Sand Castle. These are absolutely fantastic. My skin is lined and dry, and I never believed a powder foundation could truly appear "creamy" and not accentuate these flaws, BUT Lucy Minerals do just that. My skin looks beautifully fresh and glowing (NO GLITTER!) with this foundation, and I could not be more pleased.
Packaging is wonderful, the prices more than reasonable. The owner, Annie, is a joy to deal with and her company sets the standard for excellence in responsive customer service.
If you've "tried 'em all," and are still looking--either from dissatisfaction or curiosity--order your samples from Lucy Minerals and find what you may be missing. I did, and actually found my own HG foundation!
I have just one question, now; why on earth isn't MUA on the ball with adding this brand to their product lines? ;)

I didn't have any luck with this mineral make up. I got quite a few sample but couldn't get a good match for my skin tone. It is always the case with foundations for me. I found it didn't go on very smooth and it gave me a weird shiney look to my face. Plus it accentuated my lines and flaws.

on 12/19/2010 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I had seen the excellent ratings for Lucy Minerals, but resisted purchasing at first because I was concerned in trying to select a foundation color based on a picture on the internet. I finally went to their website and discovered they had the "try it" sizes for $1.50. I figured I couldn't lose. My first order placed was for 5 different foundation "try it" sizes. Unfortunately there was a mishap with the postal service and my mailbox facility. I contacted the owner, and she was really nice and shipped out another order at no additional charge. I'm usually between a NC37-NC40 in MAC. Golden Medium was a pretty good match. But I went ahead and placed another order for some additional foundations shades and the finishing powder. The Calcium Carbonate and the Silica. My second order came without any problems :). Again I found a good match in Tan Olive. So I could use both the Golden Medium and Tan Olive. I'm really impressed with the coverage. I've used BE, Sheer Coverage and Jane Iredale in the past. But then I got away for MMU because I felt I needed better coverage for my acne-prone, acne-scarred skin. Lucy Minerals gives excellent coverage. I tend to have some redness and it totally covers it up. As far as the oil control finishing powders...well I really can't tell the difference between the two. I still have some samples left (plenty actually) of the two so when the time comes I'll order one. I have already placed another order for the full size of Tan Olive and some samples of their blushes, along with a navy blue eyeliner (the website said the navy blue liner makes brown eyes pop, I have dark brown eyes so I'm hoping it'll work). I really do like the foundation very much. Oh and I really like that it didn't turn oxidize on my skin.

on 12/17/2010 10:08:00 PM

HG!!!!SIMPLE AS THAT

on 12/16/2010 9:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I like this foundation.I like it most for its wide range and variety of shades, especially the Olives. Medium Olive is a perfect match for me, so I will definetly buy again.

on 12/14/2010 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

*EDIT* I don't know what happend to this...I loved it at first but find myself reaching for it less and less. Lately it hasn't looked so good on me...though maybe my skin was in better shape back in December. My skin is tempermental and I know foundation performance really comes down to how my skin is doing at the time. I brought this down a couple of lippies because it just looks bad on me recently. Very bummed about this. :(

So far I've tried samples and am getting ready to purchase my full size. I first ordered all formulas (Original, Lucy Light, Oil-Control-Calcium Carbonate and Oil-Control-Silica in the color "light". I then reordered a couple samples in "bisque" and I think this is actually perfect for my NC20 skin. After trying all formulas, I think my favorite is the original formula with the oil-control w/ silica a close 2nd. The coverage is great but feels like nothing and looks beautiful! Plus it lasts ALL Day for me which is a total first. I do think I prefer the dewier look of the original formula so am planning on ordering that with maybe going into the Oil-Control/Silica for summer. I'm also going to order the finishing powder. At any rate, I've now tried a slurry of mineral foudations and this is by far my favorite...not to mention a great price. As I'm getting older, powder foundations tend not to look so hot but this just looks like i have beautiful skin (and I have far from it). I would highly recommend this. Samples and shipping are so reasonable and customer service is wonderful as well. Oh, I also ordered a sample of the Multi-Tasking Ambrosia Serum and am loving this as well. :)

on 12/11/2010 5:53:00 PM

This is the best foundation I have ever used. Samples are generous and colors are so nice. I got fair, light, cream, bisque and all of them work except cream- too pale and yellow. I agree with the other girls. This makeup makes my skin flawless and glowing. Try it , only $1.50/ sample.

on 12/9/2010 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Let me start by saying I do not write reviews anymore unless it is for a product that absolutely blows me away. Lucy Minerals did just that. I have tried pretty much every 'big' mineral makeup on the market, including Everyday Minerals, Bare Minerals, etc... This is OVERALL the best foundation (including creams, powders, liquids) I have ever used. I am completely sold and will buy this product for my very fussy, problematic skin for as long as I can. It is shipped quickly, the owner of the business (Annie) is very helpful and offers advice and attention to every customer who needs it, and the product is extremely generous and of high quality for such a low price. On my first shot, I ordered my exact color of foundation. I am a MAC NC20-NC25. Bisque is my perfect shade... Blends right in, doesn't even look like I'm wearing anything. I have very bad redness on my cheeks and my chin. My dermatologist said it's not rosacia, but my skin is just sensitive and I have a ruddy complexion. I am also acne prone. I prime for this by using my Clarisonic with the First Aid Beauty cleanser, then I apply her Ambrosia Multi-Tasking serum (just a drop). I use her Flat Top Buffer brush to pick up a TINY bit of minerals (A little goes a long way, which I love. The brush is of high quality as well and fits excellently in the sample containers!), and then I just buff in tiny circles around my face. I finish with the original formula finishing powder and a dusting of her 'Healthy' blush.This looks perfect in any light as long as you use a little and then go back to add more where you need it. The staying power on me was also excellent. I have combination skin, however I am not oily. My boyfriend commented on how amazing my skin looked, and said it looked as if I had NATURALLY perfect skin, which is what we all want to hear! I was SO impressed that I picked up the phone and called Annie (the founder) myself, asking her to send over some brochures and business cards so I can refer her products to clients in my salon. I may even buy some wholesale from her which she informed me of on the phone. I highly suggest this stuff... It's seriously good.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I had very high hopes for this foundation. Sadly, we were not meant to be together. I love the fact that I was able to order very generous samples of each formula. I suffer with surges of hormonal oiliness (some of you older girls may relate), and I've had terrible luck with my foundation this year. So, I tried the Regular, OCC , and the OCS formulas foundations with their respective finishing powders. Hoping for the best results, I followed the directions (very clear)on the site...not good...by noon I was a smeary mess. After the first failure, I varied my application using various brushes, and sponges, as well as what went on first... primer/no primer. I even bought and used the recommended Miracle II soap and Neutralizer and lavender oil (jury's still out on these). So I gave it a good hard try, it's nice stuff, but not for me. The good news is that I purchased the flat top brush and love it, what a great price!
Pros:
+Tremendous amount of attention paid to packaging and shipping (felt like each item was gift wrapped just for me)
+Wonderful ingredients
+Good color selection for pale girls
+Multiple formulas
+Did not cause irritation or skin to breakout
+HUGE samples
+Great prices
+Did not emphasize pores

Cons:
-Not full coverage: age spots, under eye circles, and capillaries showed through (looked awful when applied heavier)
-Lasted maximum of 3 hours before oily meltdown
-Made lines around eyes look tragic
-Dry patches REALLY stood out

Hope my input helps someone.