November 28, 2014 | 1486 users online

Foundations - Lucy Minerals Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2010 5:46:00 PM More reviews by kanka999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

*EDIT* I don't know what happend to this...I loved it at first but find myself reaching for it less and less. Lately it hasn't looked so good on me...though maybe my skin was in better shape back in December. My skin is tempermental and I know foundation performance really comes down to how my skin is doing at the time. I brought this down a couple of lippies because it just looks bad on me recently. Very bummed about this. :(

So far I've tried samples and am getting ready to purchase my full size. I first ordered all formulas (Original, Lucy Light, Oil-Control-Calcium Carbonate and Oil-Control-Silica in the color "light". I then reordered a couple samples in "bisque" and I think this is actually perfect for my NC20 skin. After trying all formulas, I think my favorite is the original formula with the oil-control w/ silica a close 2nd. The coverage is great but feels like nothing and looks beautiful! Plus it lasts ALL Day for me which is a total first. I do think I prefer the dewier look of the original formula so am planning on ordering that with maybe going into the Oil-Control/Silica for summer. I'm also going to order the finishing powder. At any rate, I've now tried a slurry of mineral foudations and this is by far my favorite...not to mention a great price. As I'm getting older, powder foundations tend not to look so hot but this just looks like i have beautiful skin (and I have far from it). I would highly recommend this. Samples and shipping are so reasonable and customer service is wonderful as well. Oh, I also ordered a sample of the Multi-Tasking Ambrosia Serum and am loving this as well. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2010 5:53:00 PM More reviews by megadrone

This is the best foundation I have ever used. Samples are generous and colors are so nice. I got fair, light, cream, bisque and all of them work except cream- too pale and yellow. I agree with the other girls. This makeup makes my skin flawless and glowing. Try it , only $1.50/ sample.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2010 10:14:00 PM More reviews by JeanineH

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Let me start by saying I do not write reviews anymore unless it is for a product that absolutely blows me away. Lucy Minerals did just that. I have tried pretty much every 'big' mineral makeup on the market, including Everyday Minerals, Bare Minerals, etc... This is OVERALL the best foundation (including creams, powders, liquids) I have ever used. I am completely sold and will buy this product for my very fussy, problematic skin for as long as I can. It is shipped quickly, the owner of the business (Annie) is very helpful and offers advice and attention to every customer who needs it, and the product is extremely generous and of high quality for such a low price. On my first shot, I ordered my exact color of foundation. I am a MAC NC20-NC25. Bisque is my perfect shade... Blends right in, doesn't even look like I'm wearing anything. I have very bad redness on my cheeks and my chin. My dermatologist said it's not rosacia, but my skin is just sensitive and I have a ruddy complexion. I am also acne prone. I prime for this by using my Clarisonic with the First Aid Beauty cleanser, then I apply her Ambrosia Multi-Tasking serum (just a drop). I use her Flat Top Buffer brush to pick up a TINY bit of minerals (A little goes a long way, which I love. The brush is of high quality as well and fits excellently in the sample containers!), and then I just buff in tiny circles around my face. I finish with the original formula finishing powder and a dusting of her 'Healthy' blush.This looks perfect in any light as long as you use a little and then go back to add more where you need it. The staying power on me was also excellent. I have combination skin, however I am not oily. My boyfriend commented on how amazing my skin looked, and said it looked as if I had NATURALLY perfect skin, which is what we all want to hear! I was SO impressed that I picked up the phone and called Annie (the founder) myself, asking her to send over some brochures and business cards so I can refer her products to clients in my salon. I may even buy some wholesale from her which she informed me of on the phone. I highly suggest this stuff... It's seriously good.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2010 1:20:00 PM More reviews by beehivekristine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had very high hopes for this foundation. Sadly, we were not meant to be together. I love the fact that I was able to order very generous samples of each formula. I suffer with surges of hormonal oiliness (some of you older girls may relate), and I've had terrible luck with my foundation this year. So, I tried the Regular, OCC , and the OCS formulas foundations with their respective finishing powders. Hoping for the best results, I followed the directions (very clear)on the site...not good...by noon I was a smeary mess. After the first failure, I varied my application using various brushes, and sponges, as well as what went on first... primer/no primer. I even bought and used the recommended Miracle II soap and Neutralizer and lavender oil (jury's still out on these). So I gave it a good hard try, it's nice stuff, but not for me. The good news is that I purchased the flat top brush and love it, what a great price!
Pros:
+Tremendous amount of attention paid to packaging and shipping (felt like each item was gift wrapped just for me)
+Wonderful ingredients
+Good color selection for pale girls
+Multiple formulas
+Did not cause irritation or skin to breakout
+HUGE samples
+Great prices
+Did not emphasize pores

Cons:
-Not full coverage: age spots, under eye circles, and capillaries showed through (looked awful when applied heavier)
-Lasted maximum of 3 hours before oily meltdown
-Made lines around eyes look tragic
-Dry patches REALLY stood out

Hope my input helps someone.

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2010 11:24:00 AM More reviews by madnicole

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am not generally a fan of mineral makeup - I have tried most and always find the coverage to powdery or cakey...however I love this!
It is a super creamy formula and you do need to use a light hand, but it leaves a flawless finish, lasts well and does not oxidise (pet hate!).
I do think for best results you need to lightly use a finishing powder (as with almost all foundations in my opinion - with the exception of MUFE Matte and other matte finish foundations). I use the one by Lucy Minerals which is perfect with this, however any others will do - I have used Mac prep and prime and MUFE HD and they are both fine. I can't see how you can use the oil control formula (if you are obviously oily) and not expect to use a powder to set?

Once on, this behaves just like a liquid foundation - you can use cream blush or highlighters etc until you have set it with powder. You can even use a damp beauty blender lightly over it for an even more airbrushed finish…

Aside from being fantastic looking on the skin, the ingredients in this are amazing quality and beneficial so I can't recommend this highly enough! It's also quick and easy to apply.

I use light-medium which is perfect for my MUFE HD 120 - 125, MAC NC 20-25, Mac face & body C3 (In summer) Giorgio Armani 4.5-5.5 face…

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2010 4:15:00 AM More reviews by Carmen314

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well I was in the market for a new foundation and I had some friends that swore by bare minerals so i gave it a try. I WANTED to love it but I just didn't needless to say I returned it and got on makeup ally to get some ideas about which foundation to try next. After reading the reviews on lucy minerals I decided to give it a try...I loved the idea of mineral makeup I just didn't know if it was for me but the sample sizes of her foundation are only $1.50 so you really have nothing to lose by trying it. I ordered medium, shell beige, and soft beige in the regular formula and oil control finishing powder with calcium. I LOVE this foundation and I'm definitely sold! I have oily skin and found bare minerals to accent every line on my face, and it also looked dry and cakey on. Lucy minerals was the opposite, it was soft and extremely natural looking and the coverage is great even on my darker under eye area. I have been using the soft beige and it works but am going to try the medium caramel & golden medium before purchasing my full size lucy's. The colors appear a little darker online than they go on. Oh and the finishing powder makes all the difference, it really minimizes pore's and gives your face a really nice airbrushed look. I have friends that have purchased this makeup because of how it looks on me and now they're also sold.... It's definitely a must try!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2010 6:52:00 PM More reviews by arianaivette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I got the "Try It" sizes of both of the oil control formulas in different shades to check it out. I've been using Bare Minerals for like 4 years and while I like it ok as an everyday foundation I wanted a little more coverage.

PROS:
Good coverage, better than BM.
Pretty good color selection. Great match for my yellow toned skin.
Easy to apply. Smooth and not cakey.

CONS:
Both of the oil control formulas don't really control my oily skin.
When I use blotting papers on my nose I can clearly see my pores after and I have to re apply powder.

Overall a pretty good mineral foundation for a good price. I think this will replace my BM for now.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by clk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a really nice mineral foundation... it doesn't sit in my pores or fine lines it has great staying power and an overall fantastic finish, plus the added skin care benefits. The coverage is very nice as well... I ordered 3 samples...regular finish and matte in both silica and calcium based... I have only tried the regular so far and I will be trying the two matte foundations next... Overall I am impressed with this, I have tried numerous mineral foundations and I really like this one... will be updating soon.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2010 1:50:00 PM More reviews by KileyMc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wow! Did I get the same product as the rest of ya?? Ordered 4 samples of the oil control foundation and they were generous ones. I found a great match in 2 of them and am giving 2 stars for ZERO oxidation. That's my #1 gripe with powder fdtn is I get horrid little orange dots all over my chin regardless of primers, etc. I used this for 1 week and was terribly disappointed. Not only did this do nothing for oil but it got cakey and pastey and settled into my lines. It even pooled in areas fdtn normally doesn't like next to my mouth. I had to blot and then smear it around after about 3 hours. It just looked incredibly wet and gummy. LM is still my fave but can't find a color match I love so still looking.....

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2010 3:37:00 PM More reviews by DonnieGirl

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

All of my young life I had dry pretty skin that tended to flush very easily.
In my mid fifties I have dry skin that tends to flake easily and due to hormone issues and medications my face tends to flush most of the time! (Getting Old Isn't For Sissies)

I have tried Philosophy and Bare Minerals and liked both but even though they had decent light coverage they tend to dry me even more and they are fairly expensive to boot.

After reading MakeupAlley reviews I found out about Lucy Minerals and decided to give it a try. I ordered 3 different Try It colors. I ordered CREAMY OLIVE, SHELL BEIGE AND MEDIUM CARAMEL. Oddly enough any of the 3 work well for me. I think I like Shell Beige the most because it seems like I am not wearing anything yet hides some of my major flaws. The medium caramel just makes me look like I got a touch of sun.

I couldn't understand when people said this foundation seemed to be creamy but it really does. My face never feels dry like it did with the previously mentioned foundations. I don't get flaky in the eyebrows or any place else. It is also true that when you first put it on it looks nice but 10 minutes later it is even better. It seems to melt into your skin for a smoother look.

It does a great job of covering my age spots or at least blending them in to match the rest of my face. Very little goes a long way and as far as the price goes, you can't beat it.

Shipping is fast and even the TRY IT containers have the little sifter top.

I like this well enough that I bought some for my daughter for Christmas. She has rosacia and I think she will like this for the coverage.

I would suggest anyone try this foundation. It works well for someone like me that likes light coverage but can do the work of hiding blemishes too.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No