November 29, 2014 | 1552 users online

Highlighters - TheBalm - Mary-Lou Manizer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Babypretty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Michelle Phan youtube tutorial actually brought me to this product. I've NARS Albatross and I like it, but I find that it is too golden for my skin. Yet, this highlighter loved me back! I love how it well blends with my skin and make my skin super radiance!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 5:01:00 PM More reviews by stls

Ah, you know this warming feeling of the moment you realize you just found a new HG... This is the case with Mary-Lou Manizer!

Previously I was using MAC CCB in Pearl but although the color is pretty and very similar to Mary-Lou Manizer, the texture was hard to blend sometimes and longevity wasn't the greatest

Mary-Lou Manizer is an extremely pretty and perfectly pigmented almost creamy champagne powder. No frosty or glittery, just pearlescent glowy skin. It's not too golden, I can't imagine anyone looking bad with this if used lightly and blended (a fan or stippling brush would be ideal)
Hello gorgeous supermodel skin!
It has replaced all my highlighting eyeshadows too (except the completely matte Blanc type by MAC), so versatile.
Also, you get a massive amount of product (8.5 gr) for a reasonable pricetag.
And the round packaging feels sturdy, contains a large mirror and has that adorable retro design, sigh... what's not to love?

If you are looking for THE perfect champagne powder highlighter look no further!
Definitely in my top 3 beauty purchases of 2012 (along with Illusiore eyeshadow and YSL Matte and radiant pressed powder)

Edit: I keep receiving compliments on my prominent cheekbones and my radiant skin when I highlight with Mary-Lou Manizer and contour with MAC Pressed amber. I have not visible cheekbones normally and absolutely not radiant skin. I feel like a fraud, but oh well... blame it on the transforming power of quality make up!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 5:43:00 AM More reviews by Sabsumaiya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was never really a highlighter person, because I felt it never really made a difference, but this has completely converted me. Now highlighter is like my FAVOURITE part of makeup! It's perfect! I have tanned skin (Mac NC42), and it gives the perfect glow. I know this would work for lighter skin tones too though. LOVE IT!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by AUSSIEMUMMA

Mary-Lou-Manizer is the BEST highlighter EVER! Beautiful on skin (and try a dot of it on your lip's cupid bow - WOW!) easy to apply, good packaging. Highly highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by shelbysahara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Best highlighter ever! Got it as a sample. Adds the prettiest glow, without being too glittery or making it seem like you have a bunch of crap on your face. Previously, I was using drugstore highlighters and was unimpressed with any of them. I'm not sure what the price of this is, but when my sample is out, I will buy a regular sized thing of it. I rarely spend money on higher end makeup, as I don't see much of a difference, but this is one of those products I will absolutely spend the extra money on!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by misslu990

I received a small sample of this in a birchbox a while back. This is the perfect amount of shimmer and its finely milled so it blends nicely. I use this under my eye brows, inner corner of my eyes, and on top of my cheek bones to give a glowy effect. This has never broke my sensitive skin out or looked chalky on my skin. It gives off a silvery/pearly look on the skin. I have light skin and this doesn't look drastic on me. It only takes a little to get the look I'm going for. Luckily I receieved the full size in a swap and I love TheBalm's packaging. However I have had a problem with not this but the bronzer from TheBalm and the bronzer falling out of the packaging. So far no problem with this one, but I will make sure to be careful regardless. Will repurchase when I run out but that won't be any time soon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 1:03:00 PM More reviews by chococat05

I am a powder highlighter fanatic! I love this Mary-Lou Manizer (it has become part of my hi-lighting routine) THE END!

PACKAGING:
The balm has such a cute and creative packaging! Loves it! I think they do a better 'cute' packaging than Benefit, Too Faced etc... Personally, it makes me HAPPY every time I look at it! Also, I don't care what people say about the packaging-- you know what-- all those sleek high end packaging looks boring (they all look the same!) to me compared to this creative packaging. so there! lol

ROP IF YOU WANT TO SEE MY OTHER powder highlighter comparison and recs! :D

COMPARISON:
--MAC Perfect Topping MSF: My HG highlighter; PT is more neutral- think pinky satin-y cream color; MLM is definitely more golden and more metallic than MAC PT MSF.

--MAC REFINED MSF: this is the definition of peaches and cream ; I absolutely love it-- if you can find it again; I highly rec you get it if you are fair-med to tan! MLM is more golden and yellow-er-- the finish is similar; Refined might be a bit more 'refined' in its formulation.

--MAC SOFT AND GENTLE MSF: This is similar to MLM in the pan (the similarity ends there!) but it's definitely a silver shine (think Stila Kitten! :D but less metallic than Kitten) than MLM and it's bit more metallic. It's also very VERY gorgeous good if you want to be uber hi-lighted!

--MAC LIGHTSCAPADE MSF: This is WHITE! MORE SATINY FINISH LOVELY if you're going in for a snow-princess look!

--NARS ALBATROSS: This one is truly GOLDEN; MLM compared to it, it's more like champagne colored as oppose to white gold. ALBA's shimmer particles are larger too so it's not as refined as MLM. ALBA is beautiful if you want to be GOLDEN BRONZED--great to pair with a golden bronzer!

CONCLUSION:
You need this in your life.

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by rockstar00

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the BEST Highlighter!
This highlighter provides the perfect glow for inner eye corner, cupid's bow, high on the cheekbones, bridge of the nose. Perfect, Gorgeous, Stunning with the most beautiful soft golden satiny glow you can find in powder form.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by CimCim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this. I dont know how I lived before this. Use with a very light hand and let the magic begin ! Could be less shimmery though.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2012 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Joliheart26

Love this product! You can keep it subtle by applying just a little tiny bit, or go heavier for a night out. It's a beautiful product. Very shimmery (not glittery) so if you like shimmer you will like this. Adorable packaging, too!