August 29, 2014 | 930 users online

Highlighters - TheBalm - Mary-Lou Manizer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by liz48170

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Bought for 1/2 price which impacts my review. Basically, this was an add to my make up kit that I do not need (I have JM illuminator and other illuminators....but this had a high review)

I like the packaging, I like the product, lovely for parties, going out, evening, day highlighting of inner corners of eyes.

Too much glitter for me for an everyday look (I like the no make up barely applied make up).

Excellent though.

I like everything I have ever purchased from theBALM and love the TM as well.

The quality is high, the cost (I get for half) very reasonable, the amount you get is HUGE, the look is subtle a not in your face product that is versatile

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2012 8:32:00 AM More reviews by ellenmarie1959

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Although I gave it a "4" for overall rating, and it's a good product, next time I will go back to liquid highlighter. I find them easier to control during application and more natural looking (my cheekbones aren't the best to work with). I adore the retro packaging but I have a hard time controlling the application with a brush and not have all those little mica chips sitting in my fine lines around the eye socket. I think for a younger woman this would be a great thing to carry around for nighttime: a little dusting on your cheekbones, decolletage...all the things that are sagging on me.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by ggarcia

OK so this is the first day I wear it. I bought it off Hautelook, so a little cheaper than if i would have bought it at Ulta or thebalm.com.. I am a HUGE fan of highlighters. I have been using some treatments to treat acne and my face has been doing really good lately so I use highlighter to give me a more glowy, healthy appearance. I am wearing this to work today and O M G. it is the most BEAUTIFUL shade i've ever had. And mind you I am a makeup junkie. I have Nars-Albatross, (too yellow), Mac-Pearl cream base, OK but too much of a hassle, MAC-soft & gentle it;'s ok but you can see the specks of glitter, (Too faced- bunny highlighter, the highlighter is ok, but it's hard to just grab one color, the list goes on..
this is the BEST color, texture, appearance, everything! i'm so happy i came across the reviews for this because it is my new fave! oh and i'm wearing it on my brow bone and it gives the most beautiful glow ever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2012 9:05:00 AM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, so a little backstory: I'm not a huge fan of blush, in fact, even though I wear all other types of makeup I rarely wear it. So lately I've been trying to make myself utilize the very few blushes that I do have, especially since I've seen a lot of looks lately where blush actually looks beautiful, is well applied, and is not too loud or artificial looking (this last one being my biggest turnoff when it comes to blush). Then I started noticing the additional use of highlighters/luminizers on people who have applied them very well. It looks so beautiful so I decided to do some research and TheBalm's Mary-Lou Manizer kept coming up in the things I was reading. That, coupled with the great reviews here and this year's 40% off Cyber Monday sale at TheBalm, made me bite the bullet. I am certainly glad I did! Mary-Lou is such a beautiful, luminous sheen -- suitable for any skintone -- when applied properly. I think it's actually also a great bargain, considering the amount you get (a lot) versus the amount you actually use (very little). When it was time for me to remove my makeup the first time I wore it and I looked in the mirror, I was so pleased with the way my face looked, even hours after I'd first applied it. It had such a beautiful glow, I didn't want to remove my makeup! Excellent product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 8:55:00 AM More reviews by smatte77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

ALL TIME FAVE HIGHLIGHTER! It's smooth and almost creamy in consistency and the color is perfect. It can also be used on the inner corners of your eyes and on the brow bone. The shimmer is finely milled, so you don't have to worry about looking like a glitter bomb. It's refined, sophisticed, and classy. Packaging is cute and you get a lot of product that will last forever. LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 9:38:00 AM More reviews by Lilra17

LOVE this highlighter! The quality is wonderful..very smooth powder that is very easy to work with, plus a little goes a long way so this container will last a long time!! Use this along brow bone, in the corners of my eyes and to highlight my cheekbones..really brightens with just looking overly shimmery or like your trying to highlight. This is my first product from TheBalm, but I definitely want more!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by RoseJade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow I didnít even realize this was one of muaís top rated highlighters! Lol I got this such a long time ago that there was not this many commenters. Gosh if I remember correctly when I got this I was planning on using it as any eyeshadow and for the brow bone. Over time I found this is such a lovely night time highlighter when you need that extra oomph!! It brightens up your whole eyes if you place this in the corners of your eyes, gosh I could rave about this all day long. Its just so great and extremely versatile since this is not just a highlighter but yet an eye shadow and shimmer all put together in a cute retro package. I have purchased 3 products from the balm and not one of them has let me down :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2012 11:59:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

i can't really say anything that hasn't already been said about this. Such a beautiful, natural looking powder highlight. I've tried so many other HE ones and this one take the cake over all of them. The finish is a subtle sheen without looking scaly (other h/l do this to me). It's the creamiest powder I own and a little goes a long way.

I use this with an ELF stippling brush and lightly dust over my cheekbones and down the bridge of my nose.

I don't even glance at the other h/l in my collection anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by belovedhope

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Triple LOVE! Got a sample of this through Birchbox and just had to buy the full-size after trying it out. This is my favorite highlight color for the brow bone--better than Rice Paper by MAC, IMO. The texture is so smooth and buttery, and the color is the perfect warm honeyed-ivory. Will repurchase again if I ever get through this first package!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by sapiosexual

I bought this product only recently and I'm already head over heels for it. It's a wonderful champagne gold, and as such would very much suit warmer, more sallow skin tones. I do find however, that it works beautifully on cooler, pinker skin tones as well. It's fairly shimmery, so use a light hand. The most notable comment on this piece however, is that it's massive. This beauty weighs in at a hefty 8.5 grams [0.3 ounces]. That fact alone makes this product an absolute steal. The amount you get for your money is equivalent to that of a powder foundation or a pressed powder compact. Ultimately, I love this product and would buy it again, but I doubt I'll ever have to even if I use it everyday for the rest of my life.