Essie Mint Candy Apple

4.2

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I Love Love Love this nail polish, Looks stunning on and im a deep olive skin (Spanish) but I think this would be striking on every skin tone. I prefer this to my Chanel Jade polish which doesnt hold a torch to this. The application is great you definately need at least 2 coats for the truest colour. I always use a base coat and I think you need it with opaque polishes as opaques seem to show any ridges that you have. This lasts me for about a week before it starts to chip, I use this with my favourite Seche Vite Topcoat (My HolyGrail along with Essie polishes). Please buy this as I think it may be Limited Edtion and pastel nails are gona be HUGE this Spring/Summer. x

on 3/2/2010 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

LOVE this nail polish. Its a great blue based mint color (more blue than a true mint so be warned). Its gorgeous. Application is tricky, however, because the polish is extremely thick, but at least its opaque in one coat (though it really needs two to avoid being streaky). Definitely worth picking up

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Great colour. My favorite of all the mint green polishes. Application is okay - a tad streaky, but just needs to be applied carefully and evenly. Opaque in two coats. Slightly more blue-green than ChG Re-Fresh Mint.

on 2/8/2010 9:21:00 PM

great color, but chips fast. ;/

on 2/8/2010 9:18:00 PM

I love it :) i have never gotten so many compliments on nail polish. Its soo pretty! It is the exact color that i was looking for. i love essie!

on 2/2/2010 10:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I love this color. I jumped on the mint nail trend as soon as I saw the Chanel runway. I have a collection of about 5 mint colors (OPI, China Glaze, Illamasqua, etc) and this is by far my favorite. I get so many complements on this color.

on 1/31/2010 3:11:00 PM

I love love LOVE Mint Candy Apple! The colour on me is a very light mint green colour. I would definitely say it's not a dupe for China Glaze "For Audrey", Mint Candy Apple is definitely more green. Application was fine, I had no problems whatsoever. Staying power was great - it look several days for it to chip, and I'm talking only one little chip on one nail. I get so many compliments when I wear this. I'd re-purchase this for sure.

on 1/29/2010 10:09:00 PM

beautiful polish by essie, im no stranger to essie so i am going to start by reviewing it by colour, Its a mint creamy green colour. looks a bit like what you would get in a mint chocolate chip sundae or a mint icecream. a synthetic looking colour, but its very pleasant, i do give props to essie for naming it mint candy apple because it is a true to life minty colour, what you would expect if you was putting milk and mint in a blender together.
its very pretty. would suit all skin tones! pale - tan - medium -dark
whatever your shade, its going to look nice :)
Love essie polishes due to their easy mixability (you can easily spread it on the nail without clumps or mistakes). i also like it for the fact application is a breeze because of its easy to handle brush.
lovely colour for spring. girls if your thinking of getting this now. do it! because its been sold out for a lot of unfortunate people.
i'll give it a 4, because its a beautiful shade, dewy application but it loses a mark because of mistakes that could be made when applying (its fast drying)

on 1/29/2010 3:44:00 PM

This is a gorgeous color, a pale, subtle mint. The application can be a little tricky (the polish is kind of thick) but the color is worth it. It's more unique than most polish colors, but is still subdued enough to be work appropriate.

on 1/27/2010 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

As soon as I saw that Essie was putting out such a beautiful mint color, I knew I wanted Mint Candy Apple. I looked for it at my local Ulta and everytime I went it was sold out. Finally, I was able to purchase it and it did not disappoint! This is by far my favorite color right now. Its perfect for day and night and for dressy and casual. Very little streaking or chipping, especially with a good top coat! Definitely would re-buy.

Top Rated Essie Products