August 20, 2014 | 1978 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mint Candy Apple

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by AokiJ

beautiful polish by essie, im no stranger to essie so i am going to start by reviewing it by colour, Its a mint creamy green colour. looks a bit like what you would get in a mint chocolate chip sundae or a mint icecream. a synthetic looking colour, but its very pleasant, i do give props to essie for naming it mint candy apple because it is a true to life minty colour, what you would expect if you was putting milk and mint in a blender together.
its very pretty. would suit all skin tones! pale - tan - medium -dark
whatever your shade, its going to look nice :)
Love essie polishes due to their easy mixability (you can easily spread it on the nail without clumps or mistakes). i also like it for the fact application is a breeze because of its easy to handle brush.
lovely colour for spring. girls if your thinking of getting this now. do it! because its been sold out for a lot of unfortunate people.
i'll give it a 4, because its a beautiful shade, dewy application but it loses a mark because of mistakes that could be made when applying (its fast drying)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2010 3:44:00 PM More reviews by polishoff

This is a gorgeous color, a pale, subtle mint. The application can be a little tricky (the polish is kind of thick) but the color is worth it. It's more unique than most polish colors, but is still subdued enough to be work appropriate.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2010 4:35:00 PM More reviews by yatnil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

As soon as I saw that Essie was putting out such a beautiful mint color, I knew I wanted Mint Candy Apple. I looked for it at my local Ulta and everytime I went it was sold out. Finally, I was able to purchase it and it did not disappoint! This is by far my favorite color right now. Its perfect for day and night and for dressy and casual. Very little streaking or chipping, especially with a good top coat! Definitely would re-buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2010 4:15:00 PM More reviews by projectdanielle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was surprised at how much I liked this one. I usually stay away from cremes and anything pale but this is a winner. I also like that despite its pastel color I can wear it in different seasons.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2010 10:02:00 AM More reviews by aunaturelgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this color. Of all the minty colors out right now, this one caught my eye the most. A lot of them have too much green in them, and while I love green I was just in the mood to have a more blue color. It's definitely a more pigmented color than online swatches had looked to me, so it could actually work during spring and summer, not just winter like I'd thought. This online swatch is pretty close to the actual color, at least to me: http://i320.photobucket.com/albums/nn333/mariah_9999/Nails/EssieMintCandyApple.jpg

It was sold out everywhere near me, so I had to just end up buying it online. I found it on Amazon for cheaper, and even with the shipping it was less than the $8 salon price.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by silverbrook

I got this at Ulta because I really wanted a mint green polish. I love the color. I took off a lippie because the application is a little odd. In the end the paint kind of evens itself out but as you're putting it on it looks very streaky. When it dries it looks perfect though. It's a very cheerful, trendy color. I think it's one of my favorites.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 11:31:00 PM More reviews by anabolina

I also picked this up for half price at Ulta. I'd eyed CG's For Audrey for 3 months before Sallys started selling CG and I was finally able to buy it, but I was disapointed since the formula didn't work for me. It was way too thin and took a LOT of coats to look decent and peeled on me worse then almost any polish I've tried. I still love the color though and I love Essie's slightly greener version too and this version applies in fewer coats and lasts longer without peeling. Awesome forumula, but this gets a 3 since the color is just too light. For Audry is darker and bluer and looks really good on me and this one would look better on people with really dark skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2010 3:13:00 AM More reviews by PenelopePitstopKYD

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Review: This color is going to take some getting use to but it's a very pretty, stand-out color. It glows on my tan hands; I would describe it as a fresh mint neon.

Application: Mine was very think and streaky but the second coat went on opaque; definitely not a breeze to apply.

Price: Usually about $8 but I always purchase on sale and pay no more than $4 for a nail polish; no matter what the brand.

Overall: 4 lippies for the unusual beauty and opacity of this nail polish.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2010 4:54:00 PM More reviews by majormakeupmaniac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is not the right color for me. This seafoam green just made my skin look a little sickly and didn't seem right for nails. Ulta had this marked at half off, so I bought it on a whim, and I'm kind of regretting my purchase. This has lots of shine and a great pigmentation, but I wish it had just a hint of shimmer or something to give it a little more deapth. This is only my second day wearing it and I haven't really experienced any tip wear yet, but I think I'll take it off my nails tonight because it just doesn't look right. The polish itself is of great quality, but I'm really not liking the color.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2010 5:59:00 AM More reviews by devlynaskurt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

others have described this perfectly with words like "seafoam" and "vespa scooter." got my mani done with this yesterday at the salon and i absolutely love it. against my skin, the color seems a skosh bluer than it looks in the bottle (NC30-35-ish, for reference). with shorter nail lengths and well-maintained cuticles, this color is fine for the not-so-conservative-yet-not-casual-or-artsy workplace environments.