Essie Mint Candy Apple

4.2

on 3/30/2010 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm a little late with this past but the mint/green/jade/blue trend has been in for nails for the past few months. I love this color to death and now I love how it's so much easier to find mints in stores. This is a fashion must have!

on 3/30/2010 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love this polish! I get compliments everytime I have this on. I normally only wear this when I have the day off because for me it's not suitable for work. So maybe that's an extra reason for me to love it. When I see it, it reminds me of the weekend :) I have very pale hands so I did not expect it to look good on me, but I loved the colour so I tried it anyway. It has become one of my favourite eye catching polishes! It's a light blue/greenish shade with a creme finish. Short nails are a must when wearing this!
As for the polish formulation: it's ok. It goes on streaky but that's not a problem since after the second coat it looks fine. Does chip after 2 days, but most polishes do, and like I said I only wear it when I have time off. Brush width is not as great as OPI, but good enough for me.

on 3/30/2010 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Really gorgeous, especially if you have a dark skintone. I'm south asian and this looks really funky and cool on me. This polish colour is really 'in' right now, very trendy with the hipsters haha, very beautiful.

on 3/29/2010 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This polish is a pretty color. I got it off of amazon.com for about $7(including shipping). My mom refers to it as an Easter color polish but I still think its pretty. Its a very pale light greenish color.

on 3/25/2010 10:59:00 AM

This pastel, mint green color is so close to the Chanel Jade that was seen on the runways last spring; an uncanny similarity. The formula is long lasting -- I have had my manicure last over a week with no chips. The color is so pretty, and I get so many compliments on it!

on 3/23/2010 12:11:00 AM

This is my favourite nail polish colour! It's different from any other colour I own and I really don't think I can find anything similar that could match up to this. The consistency and the colour payoff is amazing! The first day I had it on, I got so many compliments on my nails and even now people still ask me what colour nail polish I am wearing. I hate how it is limited edition though which is why I bought four back-up's!

on 3/22/2010 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I found this to be more blue than green (I still like the color, but perhaps mint isn't the best description). Looks more green in sunlight, more blue in indoor lighting. Although it applies streaky on it's first and second coat, by the time the second coat dries it looks great. Two coats is all you need. However, I find that this polish chips extremely fast (within 24 hrs). I'm perplexed because generally polish never chips on me and other reviewers found the opposite. Did I get one from a bad batch? Hm.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is pretty much exactly the mint green color I've been wanting. I was expecting it to have a horrible, sheer, streaky application, but it was actually anything but. It was nearly opaque in the first coat! It was perfect with only two. I've only had it on for about a day, but I don't have any chips yet and that says a lot for me because my nails always manage to chip.
I will include a picture of it on.
*PICTURE*
continued >>

on 3/21/2010 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I wanted this polish for a long time and was thrilled to snag it on sale at Ulta. Once I got it on, I wavered a little on it. It is definitely the most blue of all the mint polishes on the market right now, and I worried it was too similar to For Audrey. But, I got really great wear out of this polish (with the help of CND Stickey and Poshe) -- it lasted through a day of envelope stuffing, some depotting and a bunch of other things that usually chip my polish. I may look for a greener mint polish, but I'm definitely keeping this, too.

on 3/17/2010 3:39:00 AM

I picked out this color at the nail salon. It's so beautiful and really compliment my skin. I got compliments manytime wearing it. :) The staying power's good also. I'm not really a good nail polish wearer. I do stuff all the time, washing dishes, bathing my dog, etc. It's still there after almost 2 weeks. I don't know if it's because of the manicurist or what, but I'm impressed! I don't know about the price of the bottle though coz Essie's not available here.

Popular Polishes