Essie Mint Candy Apple

4.2

on 3/22/2010 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I found this to be more blue than green (I still like the color, but perhaps mint isn't the best description). Looks more green in sunlight, more blue in indoor lighting. Although it applies streaky on it's first and second coat, by the time the second coat dries it looks great. Two coats is all you need. However, I find that this polish chips extremely fast (within 24 hrs). I'm perplexed because generally polish never chips on me and other reviewers found the opposite. Did I get one from a bad batch? Hm.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is pretty much exactly the mint green color I've been wanting. I was expecting it to have a horrible, sheer, streaky application, but it was actually anything but. It was nearly opaque in the first coat! It was perfect with only two. I've only had it on for about a day, but I don't have any chips yet and that says a lot for me because my nails always manage to chip.
I will include a picture of it on.
*PICTURE*
continued >>

on 3/21/2010 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I wanted this polish for a long time and was thrilled to snag it on sale at Ulta. Once I got it on, I wavered a little on it. It is definitely the most blue of all the mint polishes on the market right now, and I worried it was too similar to For Audrey. But, I got really great wear out of this polish (with the help of CND Stickey and Poshe) -- it lasted through a day of envelope stuffing, some depotting and a bunch of other things that usually chip my polish. I may look for a greener mint polish, but I'm definitely keeping this, too.

on 3/17/2010 3:39:00 AM

I picked out this color at the nail salon. It's so beautiful and really compliment my skin. I got compliments manytime wearing it. :) The staying power's good also. I'm not really a good nail polish wearer. I do stuff all the time, washing dishes, bathing my dog, etc. It's still there after almost 2 weeks. I don't know if it's because of the manicurist or what, but I'm impressed! I don't know about the price of the bottle though coz Essie's not available here.

on 3/16/2010 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

When I first saw this color I loved it. I thought that this was a fun cute color and it still is, but I wouldn't use it again. The product is very streaky and you have to do a couple coats just for it to look right. I do like Essie as a company but this color isn't all it's cracked up to be!!

I may be a little old to be wearing colors like this (40), but I LOVE it. I have not found another green that was flattering on me. This is so pretty. I think I will pass on all the new pale greens coming out for spring and summer because I don't really see the need to try any others.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I Love Love Love this nail polish, Looks stunning on and im a deep olive skin (Spanish) but I think this would be striking on every skin tone. I prefer this to my Chanel Jade polish which doesnt hold a torch to this. The application is great you definately need at least 2 coats for the truest colour. I always use a base coat and I think you need it with opaque polishes as opaques seem to show any ridges that you have. This lasts me for about a week before it starts to chip, I use this with my favourite Seche Vite Topcoat (My HolyGrail along with Essie polishes). Please buy this as I think it may be Limited Edtion and pastel nails are gona be HUGE this Spring/Summer. x

on 3/2/2010 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

LOVE this nail polish. Its a great blue based mint color (more blue than a true mint so be warned). Its gorgeous. Application is tricky, however, because the polish is extremely thick, but at least its opaque in one coat (though it really needs two to avoid being streaky). Definitely worth picking up

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Great colour. My favorite of all the mint green polishes. Application is okay - a tad streaky, but just needs to be applied carefully and evenly. Opaque in two coats. Slightly more blue-green than ChG Re-Fresh Mint.

on 2/8/2010 9:21:00 PM

great color, but chips fast. ;/

Popular Polishes