November 25, 2014 | 1775 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Professional Super Thick Lash Mascara

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2011 9:03:00 PM More reviews by rambow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been looking for a great mascara. I really like dramatic, black, huge lashes, but I don't want to fuss with false eyelashes. My natural lashes are black, average thickness and length -- not super fine, light, or thin, just so you know what I'm starting with. I also only apply mascara to my upper lashes.

I wore Maybelline's Volum Express The Colossal waterproof for a while, and liked the lashes a lot, but disliked the weird brow-bone smudging. After reading the MUA reviews, I decided CG Professional Super Thick Lash was my next best shot.

I bought some for $4.99 (at Target) in the States. I put on a quick lick of it one morning and thought, ho-hum. Not dramatic. Just an average mascara. Oh well.

This morning, I gave it another shot, and decided to do a more serious application and see what it could really do. Well, my friends, two-three quick coats later (zig-zag and then a straight sweep), this mascara is just as good as The Colossal, with one added bonus -- no smudges at the end of the day. I got loads of thickness, volume, length, and also a bit of unexpected eyelash curling (which is cool, because I hate curling them.)

Tiniest bit of flaking (literally like 2 flakes near my brow) at the end of the day. Far preferable to the inevitable smudging I had with The Colossal. The black is very black, it's not too clumpy, and I'm loving it. The other one is going in the garbage now that I've found my replacement. Great mascara, great price.

UPDATE: I've been using this daily for a week now, and I'm loving it. I'm not noticing ANY flaking at the end of the day. I also love that it's easier to remove than a waterproof mascara , and yet it performs like a waterproof (against oily smudging, that is -- if you cry significantly, you WILL go Tammy Faye with this) during the day. Awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 3:20:00 AM More reviews by bonstamonsta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this mascara based on the positive reviews here. I can say I do not regret it at all. It costs about $7US and the important thing is that it WORKS. I wanted a mascara that would lenthen and give a a bit of an oompf and this does just that without the smudging and clumping. I dont get the raccoon eyes I usually get with the other fancier mascaras. This really goes on very light and a few strokes and voila...the lashes are done! It washes off very easily without leaving behind the black residue under your eyes either. I really like this one. It's a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Eva32

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Prior to this, I had tried Maybelline's Full N' Soft Mascara, which I had liked, but it left smudges underneath my eye by the end of the day. So I decided to try this one, after reading positive reviews. I honestly didn't think it would do a whole lot. However, I was pleasantly surprised! It coated my lashes nicely and made them appear thicker and fuller. Also, my lashes point straight down, and other mascaras have straightened them out even after I curled them. This one did no such thing. I was shocked...I actually have lashes now! And the best part was it cost only $4 at Walmart! Definitely buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2011 6:49:00 PM More reviews by sharon517

I bought this mascara on a whim because I normally buy lengthening mascara; I wanted to try something new. I'm very impressed, this is the first mascara I've tried that has zero flakes or clumping. My only complaint is that the wand is really big and i wind up scraping excess mascara off. If it wasn't for that, I'd give it a 5. For just around 5 bucks, this is a good mascara and performs better than the more expensive ones.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Chocolatedog

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

In the past 6 months I have spent hundreds of dollars to find the right mascara. I have naturally curly lashes but they are quite light. I also have a problem (even with waterproof mascara) that it smudges under my eyes after a few hours. I'm not sure why because I only use it on my top lashes. Anyway, I decided to pick up this mascara while at Target. It was just $5 and I liked the simple red tube and straight brush. I found it easy to apply to my lashes and it didn't clump at all. It gave them lots of volume and made them nice and dark. I was impressed. The real test was to see if it would smudge. Well it didn't at all! I wore it all day and even through a short nap and there were no smudges! I love this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2011 1:35:00 PM More reviews by jessgia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have always had a really hard time finding a mascara that doesn't smudge under my eyes, even though I only do the top lashes. "Waterproof", "smudgeproof", blah blah nothing worked! This is the only mascara I've found that stays put ALL DAY. I don't find myself checking for raccoon eyes on my lunchbreak.

The downside is that I have typical sad caucasian girl lashes. Straight as an arrow, thin, and blonde at the tips. This doesn't hold a curl very well and the consistency is a bit off - but in the end it makes me look like I have lashes and I didn't just get done crying!

Price is good, easy to find - so yes I would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2011 12:18:00 PM More reviews by mljohnson123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My sister gave me one of these to try. I like it. Does make my lashes thick w/o caking up. Not sure I like better than my all time favorite, Covergirl Lash Blast. But I do like it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2011 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I used this ages ago. I have long thin lashes. I'll take volume if the mascara offers it but I prefer a mascara to give me thickness before anything else. This really didn't give me any thickness. Just spider lashes. It looked horrible so I threw it away.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2011 8:04:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

This is a great volumizing mascara! I'm a former Max Factor 2000 calorie mascara user and was looking for a good replacement since it's no longer available here in the U.S. I've tried L'Oreal Voluminous (hated it), YSL Faux Cils (loved the formula but it smudge/smeared like crazy), and I was starting to give up. Someone recommended this to me because Cover Girl and MF are both owned by P&G, and supposedly the ingredients list is identical or nearly identical. Anyways, it truly is volumizing - I have the wimpiest lashes and they're thicker after one coat of this mascara. Even though it's not advertised as a waterproof mascara (packaging says it's "smudgeproof"), I didn't have any issues with smudging or raccoon eyes. I also love that it's cheaper than most drug store mascaras (It was around $4.97 at Walmart and Target).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2011 10:37:00 AM More reviews by slsd22505

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After reading all the reviews I had to try. I am someone who usually uses waterproof. However, I recently got false, semi-permanent lash extensions (ya know in order to make my lashes fab without all the prepping). Anway, you can wear mascara with them but it has to be washable with water. This was a realm I have never visitied. Anyway, I tried a few and they all made them stick together and were heavy...even products that claimed to be full and soft. After trying this product I am sold. It does not clum, does not hold thel lashes down, and make them look full and alive. As for a washable mascara....this is my fav!