August 30, 2014 | 1743 users online

Eyeliner - Kat Von D - Tattoo Liner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by canderson54

Love love love this eyeliner!!! I have it in trooper, and the colour is a really nice black black, and it is so easy to use. It has never cracked on me, lasts all day and I have oily skin, and it just looks fabulous. It worked just as well when I didn't use a primer. I have only used it on my top eye line so far, I'm not big in using eyeliner on the bottom so not sure how it lasts there. I am heading back to sephora to probably get in other colours.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2010 1:49:00 PM More reviews by lashortynena86

I don't know if it's just my skin, i'm light skinned but a bit tanned..but this eyeliner is really black on me..i learned to use liquid eyeliner so easily with this one...the color stays soooo welll on me! I only use it for the top eyelid though...i don't know if that means anything but i DOUBT it would stay on my lower lash line...my skin is pretty oilly.$18 is pretty pricey but I believe it's worth it..and sephora's return policy is sooo great..they'll take anything back months later, even without a receipt. So, try it, you can't lose either way!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2010 9:47:00 AM More reviews by natalielouiseee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Hmmm.
Undecided as to whether I like this.
Its very easy to apply, etc. But, it smudges.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2010 6:47:00 PM More reviews by OliveButtercup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the most fool-proof, beginner-friendly liquid liner I have ever used in my life. You just lay the felt-tip pen against your lashline and viola, you have a perfect cat-eye in seconds. I will use this liner in the mornings before work and anytime I'm in a hurry. In my experience felt-tip liners are never that black. You probably won't get a jet-black line but if you go over it a couple times it will get really dark. Occasionally the pen will dry out and you have to shake it really hard 4-5 times, and then the color will come back. After wearing it out for a night it smudged above my eyelids a couple times and my friend told me I had eyeliner smudged above my eye. I found myself having to wipe above my eyelid every hour or two like I do when I wear pencil. Even though this liner isn't perfect I'm amazed at how quick and easy the application is, so I rated it a 3.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by tazzzzzy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Tried this eyeliner because i needed a liquid eyeliner to create the cat's eye look that i never grew out of,lol.
Its not bad,but I will keep searching.
Pros
gentle on the eyes
goes on easily, nice to work with
the black color has a little bit of shimmer effect to it

Cons
the black , isn't black enough
it doesn't last all day, smudges under the eyes

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2010 11:34:00 AM More reviews by theserpentsapple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeliner, actually. I have the black, so I can't comment on the other colors.

I like that it's a brush tip vs a felt tip pen, which is hard to find. I feel like I have a lot of control with it. I can create crisp delicate lines or bolder lines easily. Also, this liner doesn't burn my lids like some other liquids do.

I store it on it's side and I haven't had any problems with it drying out. This liner goes on really easily, is completely opaque (for me) and stays all day. I actually have to work to get it off of my lids.

It is not a matte finish, though. It's shiny and some days, shiny doesn't work with my look. The only time I don't use this liner when I'm wearing liquid is when I specifically want a matte finish. Other than that, this is my go-to black liquid liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2010 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Ginger1234

Tattoo Liner is completely goof-proof!! The color I have is Skater (navy blue) and it is by far my favorite eyeliner. My main goal with eyeliner is to find an everyday look where it may not look like I'm wearing eyeliner but as if my eyes are naturally this pretty. Tattoo Liner's tip is almost like a small paint brush and I am able to draw right at the base of my lashes. I like it better than the tokidoki Perfetto eyeliner because the tip on that one is too rigid and it highlights every mistake I make. Tattoo Liner's tip makes it so easy to apply a straight line and hides every little bump of my hand. The navy color is fairly sheer but deepens with additional layers.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2010 1:29:00 PM More reviews by emo231

So, I have been on the search for a very black eyeliner. I am a dark skinned African American woman, and black eyeliner never seems to look that black on me. Based on the reviews on here, I really thought this was it. However, I really found this product to be rather mediocre. It does not go on very well and it's not that black! Sigh. I also prefer liners that are more like pens, so it is easier to draw on. I would definitely choose the Revlon Color-Stay eyeliner over this any day. Overall, Iím not too impressed!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2010 2:04:00 PM More reviews by Trixity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in trooper at Sephora a couple months back and I must say, I love it! It is a little pricey (I think I paid about $18 for it) but it is worth every cent.
Pros:
-Goes on very dark & very opaque.
-Easy to use
-Doesn't smear at all!
-Quick drying
-Stays on all day without fading
-Brush tip lets you create thin and thick lines effortlessly.
- Perfect if you want a winged look.
-Some of the other liquid eyeliners I've used come off SO easily. I could just splash a little bit of water on my eyes and it would all come off. This doesn't come off as easily as those other liners. It will stay put if it comes in contact with water, but you can easily take it off using makeup remover.

Cons:
The price? That's all I can really think of.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by violet978

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have a LOT of experience with liquid and gel eyeliners, and This is a great liner one of the greatest. I can get a perfect black-lined cat eye in seconds. It lasts forever,but comes off easily. The black stays true and doesn't fade to grey like someother blacks. I love artliners, but the brush on this is easier to work with and creates a cleaner line. I'll repurchase this for sure, I also want to try the geisha ink (although it's much more expensive and probably a very similar product)

EDIT: I purchased this in Biker, which is supposed to be a dark grey. I even sampled it in the store: it came out grey. I got it home and it's a light silver verging on blue! I like the colour (I wouldn't have purchased it if I knew how it would wear) and I'm hoping maybe after I break it in more it will come out a dark grey. Weird!