November 25, 2014 | 1808 users online

Eyeliner - Kat Von D - Tattoo Liner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by sh1307732

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this! After having difficulties finding the perfect liquid liner that was easy to use, I found it. This is an amazing quality applicator in the form of a felted pen, but it works exactly like a controlled, tiny brush. I can make the line as thick or as thin as I'd like without giving up control. I use this all the time. The packaging is simple without being cheap or bulky. It has incredible staying power. I put it on at 6 in the morning and leave it on until 10 at night. I will go and buy this again in a heartbeat.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 2:57:00 PM More reviews by becca352

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this eyeliner! It is the only liner I have used that truly stays on all day. It does not end rubbing off in my crease, like every liner I have ever tried does. And I have tried tons of eyeliners. I have it in Trooper. It is a nice dark black that stays black all day. It doesn't turn into a weird blue color by the end of the day like some liners I have tried. The only draw back is that once its on, its on. If I make a mistake, I'm stuck with it. When I make a mistake, I can rub with a q-tip all I want and it doesn't budge. Because of that, I sometimes have to wear a thicker line than I would like (I am kind of clumsy). Since it is so final once it is on, I have to take my time applying it, so it takes longer for me to apply than a pencil liner would. But since it truly does stay on all day, I do not mind spending a little extra time applying it, if it means I don't get a black line in my crease later in the day.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by azng4life

I had high hopes for this eyeliner but they kind of fell flat for me. I have no idea why but when I use liquid eyeliner it tends to wear away closest to my eyelashes because I have monolids and that part doesn't show when I have my eyes open naturally. This eyeliner tends to wear off there and crack so I have to reapply it during the day. The firm brush tip seemed nice at first but now it just seems like it's drying up when I just bought the liner like 2 weeks ago and have used it maybe several times so it shouldn't be drying out. So now when I apply it, it doesn't apply as a bold black, but a gray, so I have to go over it again, but sometimes since there's not enough liquid on the brush tip it ends up scraping away part of the liner I already did. I will not repurchase this because it did not hold up for me, despite being long-lasting.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2011 10:30:00 AM More reviews by golderappleoferis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is the BEST liquid liner that I have used yet! I have tried so many too! High End Drug Store and all in between!! It is so precise and lasts ALL day!

There is not one other liquid liner like this between the brush tip (it looks like it would be a felt tip but it is in fact a very fine brush) and the lasting power! I can apply this liner when I get up for work at 6AM and it lasts until I take my makeup off at 11PM! So that shows the quality right there!

Also I understand that it is pricey but I had mine for almost 9-10 months before it started to dry out! I look at it this way if I buy a drugstore liner or something else that I dont like near as much as this one cause its cheaper it doesnt last near as long as this one does!

I recommend this liner to EVERYONE and everyone that has bought it loves it just as much as I do!

Beware of imposters LOL!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2011 7:05:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I originally bought this eyeliner for my 16 year old niece but once I tried it, I had to get one. I have since went through 3 in a year and a half. What I love about this liquid liner is the pen shape. It has a fine tip that is flexible. It's easy to get right into the lashline to achieve a precise line or a thicker liner, depending on what you want. It lasts all night, doesn't fade or smear. I work 12 hour shifts and this stuff stays put. Tattoo liner is by far the best liner I have tried. It's one of my HG items.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2010 4:19:00 AM More reviews by astronaut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

*I took off one lippie because I reacted to this product, but that's my problem. It made my eyelids itchy. With my reaction aside, I really loved this product. I liked that it was a brush tip instead of felt, it was very opaque (black shade "trooper"), and lasted a very very long time.

I was very bummed out because I loved this liner. I tried looking for something just like it and I ran into the Physicians formula one. I recommend you guys try it out because it's exactly the same as the KVD and as a bonus it's less expensive! It is made in Japan just like the KVD one.

*UPDATE on Feb 13, 2012
I've been able to find eyeliners that performed pretty similar to the KVD liner but none of them ever matched up. The KVD liner was much more "juicy" and glided on easier compared to the other liners. So, despite going through a skin reaction the last time I used the KVD liner, I went ahead and gave it a second shot. It no longer makes my eyes itch! I don't know what it was; I think that maybe it was because I was using an antibiotic cream on my face at the time? It was odd that the itchiness occurred exactly near the lash line wear I applied my liner though. But anyway, I wanted so bad to make this liner work for me that I was willing to risk another allergic reaction in doing so. That pretty much tells you how awesome this liner is.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2010 4:32:00 PM More reviews by tubularr

HG eyeliner! I was never good at applying eyeliner. I suck at gel/ cream and I'm okay with pencil and okay with liquid eyeliners. After being disappointed with Stila's liquid pen, my favorite SA at Sephora introduced me to this. I was bit concerned because I'm awful at brush applicators, but he assured me that it was easy and better than Stila's. It is $18, cheaper than Stila's and SOO much better! The packaging is adorablw, just wished there was roses on it, but whatever, haha. I have it in the color Trooper and it is a very intense black, no need to go over it to make it more dark, unlike Stila's. I can create the thinnest line ever and then go back an make it a bit more thick, I love it. It is true that the brush applicator makes it easy for someone who sucks at eyeliner so easy! I've gotten compliments when I wear this eyeliner. :) it stays on ALL DAY and is smudge and waterproof. Another plus is that it comes in a variety of colors! :D

One thing about this eyeliner is that I think the product gets stuck or... I don't even know. Because when I finish with one eye and start with the other eye, no product comes out. At first I thought I had to lay it down and let the product come out, but I learned you just have to press down harder, haha, I'm such an idiot. :) LOVE this eyeliner and will forever repurchase. :)

EDIT: Yeah, I exchanged this for my now HG eyeliner, the Stila one. The same thing happened like I stated, the product got stuck or dried out or... I don't know. I pressed down harder, swatched it on my hands, laid it down, butnothing worked. When I finished one eye amd started the other, nothing would come out. So annoying and I only used it for less than a month!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2010 4:27:00 AM More reviews by EmberAmber

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Easy application. Nice colors. Easily smudged off. It was first introduction to liquid eyeliner. Well, 2nd introduction. The first was an ink and it turned me off because it got in my eyes. With this product, what intrigued me was the marker pen. So easy to apply! I loved it, but it's not much different from the Sephora line, which makes Doe Eyed better because it's cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2010 9:51:00 AM More reviews by heartlee

I have always loved the look of liquid liner, but hated felt tip applicators. When I was a teenager I didn't know about liner brushes, gel liner pots etc... so I was frightened off!! Now, I can't imagine life without liquid liner.

I was hesitant to purchase this because it's Kat Von D, but I'll admit when I'm wrong. This liner is perfect! The self-feeding brush allows for smooth application so you don't have to dip and re-dip into a pot for more product and you don't get a weird break in the line. You can make the line as thin or thick as you want. It's great for wing tips and cat eye lines as the brush tip is very fine and precise. I just saw a similar Chanel liner product online for $34 that you have to click to release product. I think for $18 this liner is just right.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2010 9:10:00 PM More reviews by fourfootnine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to start off by saying that, my skin is "other" because my face itself is dry, but my eyelids are really oily.

I came across this Kat Von D liner and read reviews after reviews, debating whether or not it was worth the money. My god, IT IS. I've tried so many eyeliners, too many to count, and this is my HOLY GRAIL. The design is perfect for beginners. The tip is so fine that you can get in between each lash so there is no need to tightline with a pencil.

And it is so pigmented, the only reason why I use two layers of this is to either fix tiny mistakes or make it thicker. Otherwise, one stroke is really all you need.

The true test? I received some bad news and, naturally, I cried my eyes out. I looked in the mirror after I'd wiped cheeks off, AND MY EYELINER WAS STILL PERFECT. The only smudges were the pencil I'd used on my lower lash line.

This is the best eyeliner. ever. EVER. Worth the money, I'd recommend to everyone!