October 23, 2014 | 2026 users online

Eyeliner - Kat Von D - Tattoo Liner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2011 7:05:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I originally bought this eyeliner for my 16 year old niece but once I tried it, I had to get one. I have since went through 3 in a year and a half. What I love about this liquid liner is the pen shape. It has a fine tip that is flexible. It's easy to get right into the lashline to achieve a precise line or a thicker liner, depending on what you want. It lasts all night, doesn't fade or smear. I work 12 hour shifts and this stuff stays put. Tattoo liner is by far the best liner I have tried. It's one of my HG items.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2010 4:19:00 AM More reviews by astronaut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

*I took off one lippie because I reacted to this product, but that's my problem. It made my eyelids itchy. With my reaction aside, I really loved this product. I liked that it was a brush tip instead of felt, it was very opaque (black shade "trooper"), and lasted a very very long time.

I was very bummed out because I loved this liner. I tried looking for something just like it and I ran into the Physicians formula one. I recommend you guys try it out because it's exactly the same as the KVD and as a bonus it's less expensive! It is made in Japan just like the KVD one.

*UPDATE on Feb 13, 2012
I've been able to find eyeliners that performed pretty similar to the KVD liner but none of them ever matched up. The KVD liner was much more "juicy" and glided on easier compared to the other liners. So, despite going through a skin reaction the last time I used the KVD liner, I went ahead and gave it a second shot. It no longer makes my eyes itch! I don't know what it was; I think that maybe it was because I was using an antibiotic cream on my face at the time? It was odd that the itchiness occurred exactly near the lash line wear I applied my liner though. But anyway, I wanted so bad to make this liner work for me that I was willing to risk another allergic reaction in doing so. That pretty much tells you how awesome this liner is.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2010 4:32:00 PM More reviews by tubularr

HG eyeliner! I was never good at applying eyeliner. I suck at gel/ cream and I'm okay with pencil and okay with liquid eyeliners. After being disappointed with Stila's liquid pen, my favorite SA at Sephora introduced me to this. I was bit concerned because I'm awful at brush applicators, but he assured me that it was easy and better than Stila's. It is $18, cheaper than Stila's and SOO much better! The packaging is adorablw, just wished there was roses on it, but whatever, haha. I have it in the color Trooper and it is a very intense black, no need to go over it to make it more dark, unlike Stila's. I can create the thinnest line ever and then go back an make it a bit more thick, I love it. It is true that the brush applicator makes it easy for someone who sucks at eyeliner so easy! I've gotten compliments when I wear this eyeliner. :) it stays on ALL DAY and is smudge and waterproof. Another plus is that it comes in a variety of colors! :D

One thing about this eyeliner is that I think the product gets stuck or... I don't even know. Because when I finish with one eye and start with the other eye, no product comes out. At first I thought I had to lay it down and let the product come out, but I learned you just have to press down harder, haha, I'm such an idiot. :) LOVE this eyeliner and will forever repurchase. :)

EDIT: Yeah, I exchanged this for my now HG eyeliner, the Stila one. The same thing happened like I stated, the product got stuck or dried out or... I don't know. I pressed down harder, swatched it on my hands, laid it down, butnothing worked. When I finished one eye amd started the other, nothing would come out. So annoying and I only used it for less than a month!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2010 4:27:00 AM More reviews by EmberAmber

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Easy application. Nice colors. Easily smudged off. It was first introduction to liquid eyeliner. Well, 2nd introduction. The first was an ink and it turned me off because it got in my eyes. With this product, what intrigued me was the marker pen. So easy to apply! I loved it, but it's not much different from the Sephora line, which makes Doe Eyed better because it's cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2010 9:51:00 AM More reviews by heartlee

I have always loved the look of liquid liner, but hated felt tip applicators. When I was a teenager I didn't know about liner brushes, gel liner pots etc... so I was frightened off!! Now, I can't imagine life without liquid liner.

I was hesitant to purchase this because it's Kat Von D, but I'll admit when I'm wrong. This liner is perfect! The self-feeding brush allows for smooth application so you don't have to dip and re-dip into a pot for more product and you don't get a weird break in the line. You can make the line as thin or thick as you want. It's great for wing tips and cat eye lines as the brush tip is very fine and precise. I just saw a similar Chanel liner product online for $34 that you have to click to release product. I think for $18 this liner is just right.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2010 9:10:00 PM More reviews by fourfootnine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to start off by saying that, my skin is "other" because my face itself is dry, but my eyelids are really oily.

I came across this Kat Von D liner and read reviews after reviews, debating whether or not it was worth the money. My god, IT IS. I've tried so many eyeliners, too many to count, and this is my HOLY GRAIL. The design is perfect for beginners. The tip is so fine that you can get in between each lash so there is no need to tightline with a pencil.

And it is so pigmented, the only reason why I use two layers of this is to either fix tiny mistakes or make it thicker. Otherwise, one stroke is really all you need.

The true test? I received some bad news and, naturally, I cried my eyes out. I looked in the mirror after I'd wiped cheeks off, AND MY EYELINER WAS STILL PERFECT. The only smudges were the pencil I'd used on my lower lash line.

This is the best eyeliner. ever. EVER. Worth the money, I'd recommend to everyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by eva1108

I love this liquid liner. I have been using liquid liners for years and this is by far the best I have tried. It goes on wonderfully, giving you lots of control whether you want a thin or thick line. I do a wing-tip eye every day and this makes it flawless. The color payoff is amazing (I use Trooper, the black)! It doesn't look plastic or shiny on and it doesn't have a weird painted feeling on the skin.

My only complaint is that while it is water-proof for the most part. It's not 100%. If my allergies are acting up or I tear up it will come off. If I go out dancing and sweat like crazy though it stays. I guess the difference would be a constant assault by water instead of just a glisten of water.

At any rate, this liner is my favorite and I'll definitely continue to purchase it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 8:56:00 PM More reviews by doana

I LOVE this product. I love the finish of it, it's not shiny or plastic like. The tip gives me so much control, it's so thin that you can make the smallest adjustment to your winged liner to perfect your look. Unlike Lancome's artliner, this doesn't flake off or anything. It's committed to stay on your eye and dries immediately. And its so easy to remove.
The only downside of this product would be that like a marker, they dry out sooner than you want. It lasted a few months though : )
Love love love this. all time favourite.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2010 2:49:00 AM More reviews by jvice2

I really wanted to like this eyeliner, but it didn't work out for me. I bought it in Trooper. The color was streaky and almost watery. But when I tried it out at Sephora, it seemed ok. I don't think I'll be repurchasing this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2010 4:25:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'll agree with the previous comments in that this is a really nice liner. I found it applied easily, but not being a liquid liner pro, found it was easy to make a mistake and HARD to correct it...but, my fault for lack of skill. Trooper is a really intense black, and I found I didn't need a second coat to get good color payoff...however I usually ended up applying a second coat to correct mistakes. Technically, the best liquid liner I've tried...however if you are just experimenting and don't want to pay the hideous price, NYX makes a very nice liquid liner in the same pen form with a slightly different tip...it's not as intense nor does it have the same color payoff, but for a drugstore product and price, it's a very nice substitution,