September 22, 2014 | 1558 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Promaxyl - Eyelash Renewal serum Rapidlash

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2010 3:04:00 PM More reviews by mladkins

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

My lashes have always been short, sparse and stick straight. Having yearned for luscious lashes for so long, I bit the bullet and bought this product during a sale on Hautelook. I have used it for about 6 months now and the difference is undeniable. Now my lashes are so long that they touch the lenses of my sunglasses when I wear them. I would strongly recommend that you make the switch to a natural, lash friendly mascara at the same time. I don't see the point in undoing all the good with a harsh, drying, or hard to wash off mascara. Will I buy again, are you kidding me?? I WILL NEVER BE WITHOUT THIS! Pricey, but one tube lasts a long time. I'm still on my first one. After I got the results I wanted, I started to use it every other night or so to conserve product.

UPDATE 8/9/10: I went to the medspa last week and the nurse kept raving about how great my lashes look! She asked me if I was using Latisse and couldn't get over the results I was getting from an OTC product.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2010 12:42:00 PM More reviews by f33xc0re

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm very surprised that I'm one of the only ones with a negative review of this product. I bought this at my local drug store hoping that it would improve the length and thickness of my eyelashes, which are naturally long (but I'm going for even longer ones), as well as make my eyebrows look thicker (which are on the lighter side), and found it completely ineffective. I experienced no/unnoticeable growth or improvement of my eyelashes or eyebrows, even after following directions carefully for the recommended period of time. SO disappointed at the waste of money. Even worse, not only did the product's claims not come true, but I had many people commenting on the purplish area around my eyes! I have dark circles under my eyes to begin with, but this make them an unnatural bluish purple (like I had been punched in the eyes), which luckily disappeared after I stopped using Rapidlash. Additionally, the applicator is difficult to use.

If you are debating on buying this, though, I would recommend giving it a try, only based on the fact that it was given great reviews (other than me). However, it is not an uncommon side effect of using this that the area around your eyes darkens temporarily, so be aware.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2010 2:58:00 AM More reviews by kathrynb23

I have nothing but praise for this product, I'm soo happy with the outcome of my lashes in the last year.

MY STORY: I started purchasing this product about 12 months ago, I have tried DHC which was a lot cheaper, but saw no results. I was contemplating between getting this and enormous lash which was a lot dearer then this, but at the time due to convenience I opted for this.
When I got this home I read the info that came with it and it claims that I will see results in approximately 4 weeks, so for the next 4 weeks I religously applied it on once before I go to bed on both my upper and lower lash line. Let me just confirm that prior to this product I had very sparse, stumpy asian lashes.
4 weeks has passed and I had saw absolutely no changes in my lashes at all, and I had sort of given up hope for this product, but I still continue use because I had just wasted so much money on it already.
At 6 weeks was when I actually notice some huge changes in my lash growth, it all started with my lower lashes, they became thick and long, and I WAS SOO HAPPY BECAUSE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE I FINALLY NOTICED I HAD LOWER LASHES!!
After 7.5 weeks, my upper lashes started to appear alot fuller, the lashes on the inner corner of my eyes were getting oddly long and full to the point I had to trim them a little bit.
from 7 wks+ I notice the length on my upper lash was gradually increasing.

SIDE EFFECTS: On the info it claims that you might get darken lash lines, but that never happened to me. My lashes did become a lot more darker now, so without mascara, my lashes are now very noticeably.
I did notice that my upper lash line the growth was not uniform, you get a lot of odd ones just growing ridiculously long.

MY OUTCOME: I have to admit, my outcome was a very good one, I got about 4mm growth on both of my lower lash line, and an average gradual growth of about 5mm on my upper lashes, but then I do get odd growth oftenly which can reach up to about 8mm or so.
My lashes and my eyes are now the highlight of my face, something that I would never imagine before. Everyone I know really noticed my eyes now, and some relatives even thought I got extension. I still use the product every day ever since, I'm afraid if I stop I will loose everything.

OVERALL: My cousin who also tried it, had very excellent results as well. Keep in mind all numbers are just estimates. It took me let just say a year for me to actually love my lashes, so it is very slow gradual change, and it is very costly I think this was $60AUD. 1 Tube would last about 4-5 months for me, I'm on my third now.
I do want to try enormous lash, because even though I was happy with RapidLash, after the growth that I just describe, it never got any better then that, maybe because it worked my lashes to its potential already, I want to see if enormous lash can do anything else for my lash.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2010 1:48:00 PM More reviews by bloodnite

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I've used this for 3 months and I did notice a slight increase in length but not volume. I used this one my left eye and the L'Oreal Lash serum on my right. The L'oreal eyelashes had more volume but less length. This is an okay product and works ok, but I didn't notice gigantic bambi lashes like other posters were mentioning in their reviews. I would not buy this again because of the cost and the minimal improvement for me. I could get equivalent results with the cheaper L'oreal product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2010 1:17:00 AM More reviews by SheerMiracle

I was truly skeptical of RapidLash doing anything for my lashes. When I was younger - in my teens and twenties - my lashes were my pride and joy. They were thick, long, curly and black naturally even though I have blond hair. As I've gotten older, my lashes have thinned out a bit and seem to not be as long or as dark. So...I decided what the heck - I'll give RapidLash a try. The worst that can happen is no results right? I'm SO glad I tried it. Its been about 4 weeks of faithful application every night and I simply can't believe the difference in my lashes. I'm starting to see the lashes of my youth return. They have gotten a bit thicker but the length increase is what's really remarkable. Its especially noticeable when I am wearing mascara. My lashes are so long with mascara that they hit my sunglasses now. I don't know how it works without any prescription active ingredients, but it does. Give this one a try folks. You won't be disappointed!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2010 12:11:00 PM More reviews by jessiela

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Rapidlash is AMAZING!!! I have been using this product for about 4 1/2 months and all I can say is this stuff works! My lashes are longer, thicker and curlier than ever before. My sister was blessed with beautiful lashes naturally, I on the other hand, was not. But since I have been using this product my lashes look just as good as her's! I had a couple of bald spots on my lash line (probably from my lash curler) and they filled in within the first two weeks. I feel that the price ($49.99) is very reasonable considering what a lot of the lash growth products are going for these days ($100+). I cannot recommend it enough. There is a warning that it may cause irritation but I had no issues with it. I do know someone who had a slight burning sensation for the first week but it went away after that. Go buy this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2010 5:13:00 PM More reviews by sonjabra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

6/17/2010: I've been using that for a bit more than 2 weeks now and can already see first results - my lashes are much darker than they used to be and a bit longer already. With mascara on, they look really dramatic now, but even without mascara, they're much more prominent than they used to be.

When I applied it for the first time, it made my eyes feel like I was very tired, however this was only the first time, after that, I didn't have any issues anymore - no bloodshot eyes or anything.

I will continue using this and update as time passes by, will certainly rebuy! It isn't available here in Holland, but I will buy it on Ebay. The results after only 2 weeks are really impressive already!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by LemonSun

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Amazing stuff!!! It took me about 2 months of using it every night but I finally saw great results! My lashes are so much longer and stronger! Love it and will continue to repurchase. Definitely worth the $$$!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2010 1:13:00 PM More reviews by cabogrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

ok, I've used this for about a year with great results, so I thought that if I got such great results with this, what would Latisse do? Well nothing, except for very ichy scaley eye lids. I've used Latisse for a month, I've stopped not going back, Rapidlash by far is so much better, I got 2 tubes for a x-mas special. Boy am I glad I did. Seroiusly, this stuff works and works well. Not only in length but also in thickness.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2010 12:24:00 PM More reviews by beu2fool

This stuff works. I should have taken before and after pics, but didn't because I was sure this was a fluke. I've been using this for a little less than 2 months and my lashes have doubled in length. They were very short before...I think it's genetic, because my mom's are the same. I got this at BJ's which is a wholesale club like Costco. It was only 39.99 there and it came with an eye cream. Every where else it looks to be 49.99 with no eye cream. I do wish the container were clear though, so you can see how much is left. I will keep buying this. I love it!