September 3, 2014 | 1488 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by HaulOfFame

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

After combing through the reviews about the Clarisonic Mia, I decided to pick one up and try it out about a year ago. I had been using the Olay Pro-x and decided that I would see if the Clarisonic would make any difference in my skin. I have very oily, blemish prone skin with large pores. I was looking to improve the clarity of my skin and hopefully help the appearance of my pores. This hasn't made any difference in my skin. I didn't have any outrageous expectations either. After about 3-4 months I had a bit of buyers remorse and regretted this purchase to the point I thought of selling it. I didn't want to waste my money, so I've been using it nightly to remove my makeup along with my oil cleanser. It does a great job at removing makeup, but I can't say much else. I have tried a total of three different brush heads and I didn't find that any of them made a difference. I do love that it is waterproof and that I can keep it in the shower. If my Mia broke tomorrow, I would not repurchase it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Missylou80

I was a little skeptical before buying this product, with the price and all. But I read reviews and decided to buy it, and.. Well.. My results weren't what I hoped for. Everyone claims it is a, "miraculous invention that has saved my skin!" And I was disappointed that it didn't work for me. I can admit that it got everything out cause my skin felt clean, but my acne didn't really improve. It helped somewhat, but I still have my acne. I would maybe recommend it, but there are companies that sell much cheaper ones that give similar results. I didn't care for the price, and also the replacement heads break my bank. So I would really think it over, and if you have the money to buy it and the money to keep replacing the heads every 3 months.. Well then the floors all yours.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 3:39:00 AM More reviews by jadelianne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Green

I was very wary of buying the Clarisonic Mia; early on I had chalked it up to yet another over hyped, over priced product. On a whim after a big pay cheque I purchased this product from my local Sephora. It has exceeded my expectations in every way. The hype is 100% deserved. I have extremely oily skin but also suffer from eczema and dry patches. This completely took care of the horrific flakiness I thought I was doomed with for the remainder of my existence. My skin is smooth, and while I haven't seen that is has reduced the oiliness of my skin, it certainly hasn't increased it which is really as much as I can ever ask for. I went from a skeptic to longer believing life without my Mia was possible.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 2:58:00 AM More reviews by taromo

Don't let the price tag on this scare you, it really is worth the money. I'd wanted to try the Mia out for years but hesitated buying it for so long because of the price. However, I was getting tired of how horrible my skin looked especially with make up on. The make up always looked so cakey and crusted and after doing some research I realized the cause of this is all the dead skins cells on my face that need to be exfoliated. I've tried other forms of exfoliation such as salicylic acid (really irritates my skin so much that it causes more breakouts), exfoliating with baking soda (just doesn't really do the job that well), and the Olay brush (also doesn't really do the job well enough). Even with all the good reviews I was still a little skeptical about the Mia and worried that it would be a huge waste of money but because of the refund policy I decided to finally buy it knowing I could return it if I didn't like it. Well I really wish I had bought the Mia much sooner. It truly is AMAZING!!! After using it your face looks like it has a new layer of glowing skin on it. Makeup looks sooo much better and skin glows and feels so much cleaner. I very much recommend this product. It really goes work wonders!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2013 1:15:00 AM More reviews by syazbh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

No regrets buying it..can see a different after a week of using it..im in luv with it

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Ebecks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this because of the hype and it has a 90 day money back guarantee. I have very sensitive skin so it does from dry to oily and then in addition is prone to breakouts. I was trying every OTC and RX I could to fix my skin. In comes the Clarisonic Mia. My skin is happy and healthy. My skin has regulated its oil production so I'm not bouncing from extremes. It is expensive...but skin care is important to me. Also I use Mary Kay Time wise with the mia and I'm sure that has something to do with it. I had NO purging with this. Any pimples I had prior to buying this have cleared quicker.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by ToriexBotts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got my blue Clarisonic Mia a month ago, and I've been using it twice a day every day. I have normal, with slightly dry skin. My dry patches usually occur on and around my nose. I wanted this product mostly to just really clean my skin, get rid of those dry patches, and to have my products absorb better. And it does exactly that! My patches are gone, my skin tone is becoming more even, my skin feels softer, cleaner, and just looks so much more healthy! People told me that this will perge my skin. Basically making it worse before it gets better. That didn't happen to me, but that doesn't mean it can't happen to you! All I have to say is do your homework on this product. If you're planning on investing this kinda money on a cleanser, make sure you know EVERYTHING about it so there is not a doubt in your mind :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by VEODJW111

I bought my Clarisonic Mia 2 about 2 months ago and I really like it a lot. I like the timed cleaning and how it makes my skin feel. I use Purity cleanser and use it in the shower. I get facials once a month and was told to use the Clarisonic every other day. ( I bought my machine from Macys) I feel like my skin is smoother and less bumpy. I have whiteheads in my T zone and I think using the Mia 2 has helped that. I think the key to using the Clarisonic is moderation. Dont use it if you have put harsh treatments on your face and dont get overzealous when you use it. I think every other day is enough.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 3:32:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product for about a year, and I do like it a lot. It isn't perfect, and I don't think it has lived up to its "miracle product" hype, especially considering the price. However, since I got it with a discount at Sephora, I don't mind too much. The brush heads are expensive to replace, and I think that could be prohibitive for a lot of people. It really has made my skin smoother, and it has reduced my acne by about 30%, so I do like it and I will continue to use it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by piratesweetie

**PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASING**
I bought my Clarisonic Mia in purple about a year ago. I had some acne problems but nothing major--just clusters of whiteheads. I saw the advertisements for the Clarisonic and got really excited. Finally! Something that will exfoliate my skin and banish all my skincare problems for good! No such dream to be had. Please listen, Ladies! I wish that I had researched this product more thoroughly and found out some of the problems people had with this and I would never had bought it.

When I first bought and began to use it, I thought that my new Clarisonic was my best friend. It seemed to cleanse my skin well, it made my makeup application easier/smoother. I was fairly happy with it. After a couple of months I began to experience something I had never encountered in my life--CYSTIC ACNE. I was horrified. I stopped using the Clarisonic, but it seemed like if I stopped using it the acne went to a whole new level--but I still broke out when I used it just at a somewhat lower rate.

I know it sounds weird, but I feel like my skin is addicted to the Clarisonic but not in a good way. When I use it, the cystic acne is kept somewhat in check, with about 6 cysts constantly on my face--whereas if I remove the Clarisonic out of my skincare routine I turn into a pizza face. I literally had people asking me at work, "What is wrong with your face?". I had never been more embarassed in my life. Makeup isn't even enough to cover the scarring and boils anymore. I wish that I would've just been happy with my little pimples and never started using the Clarisonic--I will have these ice pick scars the rest of my life because I can't afford laser resurfacing at the Dermatologist.

Beware, Ladies. I am trying to save your face and help you avoid a lot of heartache.

13 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No