September 20, 2014 | 1572 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2013 3:39:00 AM More reviews by RosesRoses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought my Clarisonic at my dermatologist's. It was slightly discounted, and he said that it was effective for superficial acne, like blackheads and whiteheads.

He was right. After using this for about three months, I no longer get whiteheads, and the blackheads on my nose are significantly smaller and less noticeable. I don't know whether my face feels six times cleaner, but I know that if I use my hands and a scrub, it definitely doesn't feed as clean as it would with the Mia.

My three star rating is the result of two things. First, the Clarisonic isn't the only product of its kind on the market, and there are cheaper and equally good alternatives, in my opinion. I see no difference in results between the Mia and my Sirius SkinSonic, although the latter cost less than half the price of the former. Admittedly, the Clarisonic is prettier and has a timer, but I don't know what justifies the price.

Second, the Clarisonic won't do much of anything for cystic (large bumps under the skin) acne, since the infection is too deep under the surface. For that, medication is generally the solution. Since I got my Mia at a doctor's office, he was upfront about that. I've heard the marketing pitch at Sephora and at department stores, and no-one ever stresses that this product is intended for mild to moderate blemishes. I wish the company was more upfront about the Mia's limitations.

I think this product is great for people with no severe skin complications. It really makes my face feel clean, and it's improved the texture of the skin significantly. That said, it doesn't prevent a few cystic acne bumps, and it's not particularly affordable. I'd shop around for alternatives before committing to this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by nattib2

i have seen an improvement in my dry/combo skin with consistent use. it is much softer and less dry patches.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by girlmeetsworld

Ok so I've just bought this and used it for the first time a few minutes ago! I thought I'd start off by posting immediate results then edit this review in a few months with long term results! I had a facial about 4 months ago and this was used and it was one of of the best facials ever, my skin was glowing for days after. So I asked my mom to get me this for my birthday which she did and I've just used it myself. Right now (10 mins after use) my skin is already softer and glowing! However I won't know how effective it is until after a few more uses, after which I'll come back and post the results! All I can say is I'm praying for no purging period!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2013 3:13:00 AM More reviews by mswong

I dont usually write reviews I only do so when I think the product(good or bad) deserves a review. SO... I decided to purchase the Mia because I'd heard good things about it. I have normal combination skin and I would get one or two pimples every month. And I do have small white bumps on my forehead that usually go away on their own.
I started using the Mia in Dec 2012. I LOVED it the first week of use. My skin felt deeply cleansed and refreshed and glowy. However, after one week of use, I started breaking out like CRAZYYYYYY!!!! I got these little white bumps between the sides of my nose and my cheeks, as well as on my chin. Oh and the bumps on my forehead have gotten worse and somehow it started to spread to my entire face. I BELIEVED that it was that "purging period" so I STUCK with it until two days ago (which is March 1st 2013 meaning I used it for 3 months). I should have did more research on this device before I started using it. Two days ago I decided to look at the reviews online and found out that a lot of you ladies out there have experienced the same nightmare ='( My face is like a canvas painted by a kindergarden kid. I work in the beauty industry too so right now I'm caking my face with foundation trying to cover up all the red marks and scars and whiteheads and blackheads. Today is the second day that I've stopped using this device and I feel like my skin has calmed down a lot but I still have lots of broken capillaries and blemishes all over my face ... I will update again in a week or so to let you guys know how my face is doing... I really really hope I will get my normal skin back!!!
Im happy for the people who find this device miraculous...... but Clarisonic is definitely NOT for everyone or every skin type.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by mypsalms

First of all I have been blessed with good skin. Combination type but almost blemish free most of the time. I have been using the normal face brush I normally purchase from Shiseido, Body Shop,or manicare these past couple of years so black head is not a problem for me. But the "clean six times better" from the Clarisonic adv got to me. So I bought the Mia 2 yesterday and I have to say it bring the word 'clean' to a couple of levels above my routine these years. I noticed the change straight after ONE day (twice by the time I wrote this review). I woke up without the normal oily T-zone..but bright smooooooth skin. It is so noticable my young son touch my face and said "Mom...it is soooo smoooth". And kids don't lie! I am happy and will keep continue using this. Oh..and it is true what they say about how easy the skincare glide into the skin afterward. So I believe my skin has a better "digestion" now...

=Update after 3 months uses=
I have been reducing the usage to every second days. My skin is almost too thin and dry to the touch. I experience sensitivity almost everytime after using the clarisonic (original sensitive brush head) now although maybe the winter weather might also increase the skin sensitivity. Clarisonic will always be my staple cleansing tool but I think I have to be more sensible at how it touches my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by HaulOfFame

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

After combing through the reviews about the Clarisonic Mia, I decided to pick one up and try it out about a year ago. I had been using the Olay Pro-x and decided that I would see if the Clarisonic would make any difference in my skin. I have very oily, blemish prone skin with large pores. I was looking to improve the clarity of my skin and hopefully help the appearance of my pores. This hasn't made any difference in my skin. I didn't have any outrageous expectations either. After about 3-4 months I had a bit of buyers remorse and regretted this purchase to the point I thought of selling it. I didn't want to waste my money, so I've been using it nightly to remove my makeup along with my oil cleanser. It does a great job at removing makeup, but I can't say much else. I have tried a total of three different brush heads and I didn't find that any of them made a difference. I do love that it is waterproof and that I can keep it in the shower. If my Mia broke tomorrow, I would not repurchase it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Missylou80

I was a little skeptical before buying this product, with the price and all. But I read reviews and decided to buy it, and.. Well.. My results weren't what I hoped for. Everyone claims it is a, "miraculous invention that has saved my skin!" And I was disappointed that it didn't work for me. I can admit that it got everything out cause my skin felt clean, but my acne didn't really improve. It helped somewhat, but I still have my acne. I would maybe recommend it, but there are companies that sell much cheaper ones that give similar results. I didn't care for the price, and also the replacement heads break my bank. So I would really think it over, and if you have the money to buy it and the money to keep replacing the heads every 3 months.. Well then the floors all yours.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 3:39:00 AM More reviews by jadelianne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Green

I was very wary of buying the Clarisonic Mia; early on I had chalked it up to yet another over hyped, over priced product. On a whim after a big pay cheque I purchased this product from my local Sephora. It has exceeded my expectations in every way. The hype is 100% deserved. I have extremely oily skin but also suffer from eczema and dry patches. This completely took care of the horrific flakiness I thought I was doomed with for the remainder of my existence. My skin is smooth, and while I haven't seen that is has reduced the oiliness of my skin, it certainly hasn't increased it which is really as much as I can ever ask for. I went from a skeptic to longer believing life without my Mia was possible.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 2:58:00 AM More reviews by taromo

Don't let the price tag on this scare you, it really is worth the money. I'd wanted to try the Mia out for years but hesitated buying it for so long because of the price. However, I was getting tired of how horrible my skin looked especially with make up on. The make up always looked so cakey and crusted and after doing some research I realized the cause of this is all the dead skins cells on my face that need to be exfoliated. I've tried other forms of exfoliation such as salicylic acid (really irritates my skin so much that it causes more breakouts), exfoliating with baking soda (just doesn't really do the job that well), and the Olay brush (also doesn't really do the job well enough). Even with all the good reviews I was still a little skeptical about the Mia and worried that it would be a huge waste of money but because of the refund policy I decided to finally buy it knowing I could return it if I didn't like it. Well I really wish I had bought the Mia much sooner. It truly is AMAZING!!! After using it your face looks like it has a new layer of glowing skin on it. Makeup looks sooo much better and skin glows and feels so much cleaner. I very much recommend this product. It really goes work wonders!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2013 1:15:00 AM More reviews by syazbh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

No regrets buying it..can see a different after a week of using it..im in luv with it