Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

on 10/9/2013 5:35:00 PM

My biggest complaint of this product is the difficulty to apply it. I'm not a complete eye make-up hack either. I've worn falsies for years, done my own lash extensions, and worn liner since high school. I just can't get the application to look "professional." I kind of think the whole "gel" liner product is maybe not the greatest. You end up dipping the brush straight-vertically into the gel because if you dip it in sideways, you get WAY too much product on the brush, which you end up having to then remove. The end result is a gel pot full of little slash-marks. It's also difficult to apply to the lash line in the "pattern" you want. I like a very thin (almost unnoticeable) line at the inner corners, a fatter line up top, and a thin, short, cat-eye at the outer corner. Forget it, that's not happening with this. I will stick to my felt-tip pen style liners. I can get the precision lining I like with those, sans mess.

on 10/9/2013 5:16:00 PM

For some reason, don't totally love it...I have this in brown, and find it's a bit difficult to apply. Will tug a little at the lids, and smudges a lot on my eyes.

on 10/8/2013 11:06:00 PM

I've heard rave reviews about this eyeliner and it just didn't do it for me. It really depends with this product. Some days it's easy to use (very black and creamy) and others-not. The blackness and creaminess though isn't anything compared to the ELF black gel eyeliner or the Essence one. It's the only product that makes my eye itch and that's troubling. After a while it looks more like a grey and it becomes dry. Not really of a fan of this. I say try an even cheaper alternative- like elf instead. But I'm glad for anyone this has worked for, it just didn't for me :/

on 10/8/2013 9:28:00 PM

i use it for top lashline and smudge it alittle on lower lashline and once it sets it doesn't smudge (my experience)

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I used this for around half a year before switching, because I couldn't stand the unpredictability of this product. One day it looks good, another day it doesn't..

PROS:
- Lovely black colour, really nice and dark.
- Very nice packaging, nice design and very sturdy
- Amazing brush! I love the brush it comes with. While I've discarded this liner after 6 months, I kept the brush and I've been using it for close to 2 years with other gel liners. I don't think this brush is suitable for really precise and thin lines, but that's not how I do my eyeliner. And considering the price plus the fact it's lasted this long, I think the brush is brilliant.
- Doesn't dry up easily. I've accidentally left the pot open a whole day a handful of times and there is no change in the formula.

CONS:
- Yes, this product can last on my oily lids (always with primer) with no smudges for about 10 hours, on a very very good day, which is rare. But most of the time, I come home from school with some smudging on my lower lash line. On my bad days (days when my contact lenses get really dry and I blink a LOT), I literally come home looking like a raccoon.
- Easily rubbed away with my finger. So be very careful if you're one of those who have a tendency to rub your eyes!

Overall, I think this is a good product, just not for me. It's staying power is not great on my oily lids, and considering eye liner is a crucial step for my everyday makeup, I wouldn't want to rely on this. It's not a total regret, since it's not too expensive, but I will not repurchase. However, if you don't have oily lids and are looking for an inexpensive gel liner, I say go for it!

on 10/6/2013 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I tried all four colors in the range.

Blackest black: awesome pigmentation, matte finish and creamy texture.
Eggplant: awful, no pigmentation, dry texture, went in the garbage,
Brown: Beautiful matte cocoa brown. Great for fair girls, dries to a matte finish.
Graphite: beautiful gunmetal with a metallic finish.

They all apply well, are creamy and do not budge except the eggplant color. With the the tree other colors you can go wrong. And there is 3g of product in there you have some for a long time.

on 10/5/2013 10:54:00 AM

I bought ELF creme eyeliner yesterday but I traded it in today for Lasting Drama because of all the raves I've read here. I tried it for the first time and so far, it's got good solid color and a creamy consistency. It's been 6 hours and so far, no budging and creasing. Note that I applied this on bare eyelids so it had no eyeshadow or primer to cling on. The brush is longer for easier application, hence better than those teensy useless 2-inch ones. I hope this doesn't dry out on me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I like this because it's a lot more forgiving than liquid liner. I don't use the brush it comes with, I prefer a bent eyeliner brush. This goes on smooth & quite black, and I haven't had a problem with it lasting.. but sometimes I set it with black eyeshadow. Mine dried out after quite a few months, but I added eye drops to it & it was fine.

on 10/3/2013 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I bought this product specifically with tightlining in mind and it'd proved to be excellent at that and as a general eyeliner!

It's my first gel product and I'm really impressed at its durability. I have oily skin, but this stays almost exactly in place all day even without a primer. It also has very little transference, even when tightlining, if you keep your eye open for just a few seconds while it dries. I wish it came in a slightly lighter colour, but it's definitely a brown over a black unlike other products with not enough colour distinction.

It's quite easy to spread, though clumping can be an issue if you put too much product on the brush or the brush hasn't been wiped. It's very easy to control even for someone with shakier hands like me! It's very easy to do multiple passes without it becoming dark or clumpy.

The packaging is really cute and nice with the glass bottom. The brush that comes with it is also nice for a more blended look, though not as helpful for sharper lines.

But what it comes down to, for me, is how well it stays put. This is the only, and I mean only, product that will stay on my very oily lids without a primer. Scandal Eyes smudged in hours, many others in minutes. This stuff barely budges after twelve yet comes off easily with makeup remove. Can't explain that, don't really care. I'm just so glad to find a liner that continues to be a line all day.

on 9/26/2013 7:52:00 PM

I have really oily lids and even with primer, my liner seems to fade by the end of the day. This did not fight the oily-ness very well and it smudged by the end of day.