July 22, 2014 | 1375 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Dark Angels

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2009 8:16:00 AM More reviews by Pixiechix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is great, it comes in a pot and is black with very small grains in it which makes it mega exfoliating. The charcoal in it soaks up all the oil and evens out your skin tone. I get break outs and have really oily sking and can get medium size pores on my cheeks which I hate. This stuff works like magic! Yes, it is messy, like other post said it goes everywhere. In the sink, on your face cloth in your finger nails, the lot. It's just sooooooo good though. Fab product and would definately buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2009 3:25:00 PM More reviews by ohchloeanne

I've just recently developed a really terrible case of acne & my face has gone through a complete type change from mildly oily to severely oily. For the past six months I've been struggling to find something that would help calm my skin. It was red, inflamed, super oily (my face would be oil slick everyday & my make up would run within 2 hours), and bumpy all over. My pores were heavily congested. ):

I was just in California last week for vacation & I had stumbled upon the Lush store. I'd heard about how great and non-abrasive their products were for the skin so, I asked the SA what would be best for my skin. She directed me right to Dark Angels & gave me a demo. It seemed nice on my hand, so I decided to buy it.

I've been happily using this for about 2 weeks now, and I can say my breakouts have subsided, my face is almost not even oily anymore, and my face isn't red and inflamed! In fact, it's also gotten rid of blackheads & whiteheads that I've had before my real skin problem started to occur & my pores are getting smaller! I'M TOTALLY IN LOVE WITH THIS PRODUCT.

My skin tone & texture has improved dramatically! This is officially my Holy Grail cleanser. I use it twice a day & the results have been nothing short of AMAZING! It is pretty messy & kind of a bit on the pricey side for cleanser to me, but the results are completely worth it! I never thought that a cleanser could have this dramatic of an effect on my skin! It's not drying & it's done all I needed it to do!

If you have the same problems as I do, SERIOUSLY GO OUT AND GET THIS PRODUCT (:

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2009 10:56:00 PM More reviews by maddsox

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Whoa Dang! I'm in love with this stuff, and so is my husband. We only use it once to twice a week b/c we are both in our 30's and this stuff REALLY dries out the skin. But we've both noticed improvements in the texture of our skin since using this. My husband actually uses it more b/c he likes something that really scrubs and Dark Angels does the trick. I took off one lippie b/c I find it almost too abrasive for my skin. However, I can't argue with how soft it makes my skin feel afterward. I do have to immediately use a good moisturizer b/c this is really drying. My skin really soaks up the moisturizer and seems to have calmed down quite a bit in terms of breakouts. My husband uses this scrub along with the Coal Face soap. But when I use them together, my face feels so dry I'm afraid it'll crack!

I have to say that as far as LUSH scrubs go, I like this so much more than the other Angels scrub... although I can't exactly say why. They both do their jobs wonderfully. This one just appeals to me more.

It is black and does take a bit of time to learn how to use without making a mess. I find using it in the shower to be the best bet.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2009 11:34:00 PM More reviews by EmilyNguyen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love love love LUSH because of this product. Before using their products my skin was terrible. My acne was out of control! I literally tried everything out there. I was desperate for clear skin and i found it with this. For some reason this product and "Fresh Pharmacy" did the trick. I do 50/50 of each in a small container and there you go, i have my little miracle in a container. It does take time.. but it's work it. I also you the "Tea Tree Water" toner. Works like magic for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2009 10:50:00 AM More reviews by bloodvsplastic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Coal face was better than Fresh Farmacy for my face. But once this came out, everything changed. This is, in my opinion, the best cleanser for oily/acne prone skin LUSH has. It exfoliates the dead skin cells away, sucks up oil, and treats all at the same time... but it doesn't leave your skin feeling parched. Not that it matters, you can just follow up with one of their amazing toners/moisturizers.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2009 5:20:00 PM More reviews by SAMm3

So messy but I love it! Okay, I grant - this stuff makes a mess in the sink, on your towel, and in your fingernails, and it's hard to rinse all of it off. BUT if you use it in the shower you can avoid those problems. And it does wonders for my face! I can take the exfoliation but it's really grainy, so anyone with a sensitive face should sample first. I love the charcoal - I leave this on and let it dry a bit, kind of like a mask. To me it's worth all the mess.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2009 11:23:00 PM More reviews by itzjuzKT

this was my first LUSH skincare product and I'm in love!!!!! the sales girl talked me into buying this cuz she says it helps w/ acne scars and she did a little demo on the back of my hand to feel how smooth it is after using it. It is kinda expensive, I got the one in the container for almost $13 but a little goes a long way. What I do is after I remove my makeup, I break it up into a small piece, wet it w/ some water and apply it to my face, I wait for about 30 sec til I wash it off in the shower and it leaves my skin soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo unbelievably soft!!!!! I also noticed that it helps w/ my acne too, I don't get breakouts and my skin texture is smooth on the surface and whenever I apply foundation it looks great!!! I would definitely buy this when I run out

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2009 7:09:00 PM More reviews by nintastic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ah, Dark Angels. This product was my first venture into the wild world of LUSH. Because I am roundabout 50 miles away from my nearest counter/store, getting a sample was all but out of the question for me, so I took the plunge and bought a chunk of it from the LUSH website.

It comes in a little package not unlike the plastic containers you'd get when purchasing food from a deli. I've had my chunk for about a month now (this isn't the kind of product you'd want to use every day), and it's kept quite well.

This is without a doubt, the strangest smelling, messiest product I have ever used. In the beginning, I thought I'd be bold and try my luck with using it a couple evenings a week in the sink when I removed my makeup. It got black stuff EVERYWHERE (granted it was pretty easy to wipe up, and the little spots of it I would accidentally get on towels washed out easily), so now I only use this product every three or so days in the shower. It's still quite messy, and it's very close to impossible to use this cleaner and not have some sort of lingering residue after stepping out of the shower. I had a bit of a runny nose when I first started using this product, so imagine my shock when I blew my nose later in the day only to discover the contents of my tissue had turned black from the Dark Angels remnants that had found their way into my nose! Gross, I know, but it's become par for the course with this product. I've found bits of it in my hair, in my ears, around my eyes... it's very messy, although at the same time it can be quite fun to smear black muck all over your face.

So does it work? In all honesty, I haven't seen any results from this product, positive or otherwise. It didn't break me out, but it didn't do a thing for blackheads, enlarged pores, or any other "problem skin" symptom that the website description mentioned. As an exfoliator, it left my skin very soft, but there are a myriad of other (less messy!) products that do that.

Will I buy again? No. I'm having a heck of a time using up what I've got now. My advice to anyone interested in this product would be to try a sample first, or go in on a chunk with friends.

Two lippies, because it seemed promising, functional and fun, but turned out to be ineffective and messy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2009 4:14:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

This is not a cleansesr. It's a scrub. And it's very grainy.... the coal pieces are HUGE. I don't even know if it's coal or almond grounds. But it's quite chunky. If you think St Ives apricot scrub is too grainy and damaging to your skin, you'll think Dark Angels is worse. I hate how messy this cleanser is especially b/c it's BLACK. I've used Angels on Bare Skin and Herbalism before, and had no problem with their messiness. Dark Angels is the messiest ever, even in the shower. It doesn't help with my skin either... My skin doesn't improve, nor did it get worse. I have normal behaving skin to begin with... not much problems to treat. The WORST thing about this "cleanser" is that the black stain STAYS on my skin. I rinse my face with water for a while before stepping out of shower. Then i use toner and wipe my face, and i always see black stains coming out! I really don't know how i feel about this cleanser not rinsing off completely. Sometimes, the black pieces were stuck in my hairlines. I don't think i'll repurchase this. I hate that i have to use up the whole tub in 3 months... although i only bought like $7 worth of it, i can't see myself finishing it anytime soon. Too gross...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2009 3:50:00 AM More reviews by Rockabillygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I brought this because i wanted to see an improvement in my skin! Well i didnt notice a change.The only difference was my face was soft! I am not sure what i was expecting..hmm i guess maybe a new face but it was just ok. I put this on my face and it looked like mud then after wards i washed it and my face was soft! I give it 3 lippies only because of the softness but other than that that is it! I wont buy this again only because the little bit that is did buy will last me forever!