November 21, 2014 | 1640 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Dark Angels

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 9:39:00 AM More reviews by mizzcindy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

As a daily cleanser I wouldn't recommend this. It's way too harsh on the skin for that. I recommend Angels On Bare Skin (my HG) if you like a daily scrub.
As a weekly scrub, it is okay but I don't have that squeeky clean feeling after using this. It also has some harsh bits that hurt my skin.
Because it's so dark it leaves a black residue on my face, so I always need to wash my face with another cleaser afterwards.
I haven't seen any other effects when I used this weekly.

I wouldn't buy this again because there are way better scrubs on the market.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2010 9:23:00 AM More reviews by red_smarties

works really well as a scrub for oily skin. however, one thing to keep in mind is that a little goes a long way. when i first tried this i used about a quarter sized amount, it left a dark stain after washing (using the toner showed this)..however next few times i used a tiny pea sized amount and problem was solved! using it this way i think this product will last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2010 7:22:00 AM More reviews by nickyn

This stuff sure is reaaally good, i think i don't need to write another review cause i share the opinions with all other positive reviewers.
All I can say is: this stuff is agressive, it actually is a harsh scrub instead of everyday-cleanser. Don't use this everyday, you will damage your skin.
I probably use this 3 times a month. Remember that your skin takes about 23 days to develop new skin cells.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2010 12:20:00 AM More reviews by angered

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have fairly normal skin, so the sales associate was a little wary about me wanting to use this product, but I've had excellent results with it. I use it maybe twice a week and it really helps exfoliate my skin and help with any pesky pimples that pop up. I always wash my face first with something cleansing to remove makeup, so no problems there. My only complaint is how messy this product is, but that's to be expected when it's a thick black paste. It's a practice in patience when you've got a slow drain, though :)
Definitely will buy again. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2010 9:12:00 PM More reviews by lovepink679

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is so messy it's fun! It cleaned my face really well, didn't leave my face red and I didn't break out after wards. I hate black licorice and that's exactly what it smells like.
I'll deal with the smell since I love this product so much.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2010 5:21:00 PM More reviews by ashley920

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

i like this cleanser...the only downside i have with this is if i use it alot..it seems to kind of break me out. I guess i shouldnt say "break me out" butttttt i wake up with a new zit after using this :( sooo maybe this is OK to use.. considering that it seems like it's bringing out my clogged pores out to the surface lol...so i'll switch off btn this & my other face cleanser. The packing kind of sucks! If a little bit of moisture gets into the container, the little individual beads bunch up, so now mine looks like a big lump of coal & that i have to break apart to use & crumble up in my hands. Other than that.... i love the exfoliation i get with this!!!! I wear sunless tanner on my face, so this deffff helps to get a clean canvas when applying my tanner. 4/5. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 4:59:00 AM More reviews by bluemushroom

This is a good cleanser/scrub although this wouldn't remove make up hence I wouldn't I use it alone. I use it about 3 times a week after cleansing with my Biotherm cleanser or Lush ultrabland. the result, my combination skin is nicely scrub, smooth and I think this product does help keep acne at bay. smells nice too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2010 10:16:00 PM More reviews by mommygirl5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

a bit messy to use...but an awesome cleanser and exfoliator. i use this right before i get in the shower. it's easier to wash off that way. whatever is leftover after applying to my face i rub all over my hands to help exfoliate. it really does a great job cleansing and exfoliating my skin. my skin have never looked this good!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2010 12:04:00 PM More reviews by luftballon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received a generous chunk of a sample of this when buying Dream Cream. I've tried it a couple times now. It's a very good scrub if you have problematic skin! I had been breaking out with lots of hormonal acne (chin, around the mouth, forehead) along with blackheads. You only need a teeny amount (pea sized) to dilute with water and scrub your face. I don't think the exfoliating particles (black sugar/charcoal) are too harsh, either. Always remember to just be gentle when you scrub... there's no need to rub your delicate facial skin raw! :)

The smell took some getting used to because it was kind of strong and herbal but the overall effect is very refreshing. It's helped my zits heal, especially on my forehead, and my chin isn't as dry or chapped and my zits are smaller/less irritated. I recommend this if you have acne and oily skin. I have combo skin leaning on the dry side, but I still think it's very suitable for people with my skin type, too. It doesn't dry me out like a lot of cleansers do, and my face feels very smooth from exfoliating with this. It is very calming and soothing for the skin. I do not like the mess it makes but it's not as big of a deal as everyone says it is. It will leave little black particles, though, so just wipe everything down when you're done!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2010 9:22:00 PM More reviews by shanstuff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

YIKES! Boy, did this stuff eat up my face! I was at the Lush counter while my daughter was spending her Christmas money on blocks of soap, and came across the Dark Angels cleanser display. I had read all the glowing reviews on MUA, so when the SA came by and asked if I needed any help, I asked her about it. I specifically asked if it was okay for normal skin, and she assured me it was. She potted up a sample for me, gave me my directions on usage, and sent me on my way. She even recommended that I keep the DA on my face for 5-10 minutes as a cleansing mask, and told me that her mother does it all the time with great success.

Off I went to my house, and immediately headed to the bathroom to use my new potion. The first thing I noticed was that yes, as has been noted in previous reviews, this stuff is MESSY. It's a black, crumbly, black, hard to work with, did I say BLACK dry paste that you add water to to make a thinner paste so you can manipulate it all over your face as a scrub. Despite my best efforts, I managed to spill it all into my sink, get it under my fingernails, slime it all over my hands, and generally make a huge mess with it. I definitely recommend using in the shower instead of at the sink.

So I finally got everything smeared across my face. The first thing I noticed was the scent, which is very herbally---I detected a licorice-type scent, but that might just be me. Not unpleasant, but different.

When I began scrubbing, I realized that this stuff is ABRASIVE. I use scrubs on a regular basis, and have tried many, many brands, and never have I used one this harsh. However, I was using a very light hand, so I figured I was okay, and I was looking forward to that baby-butt-soft skin everyone kept talking about, so I kept on going for about 30-60 seconds more.

When I rinsed off, I looked in the mirror and my face was bright red. Then the burning began. My entire face got hot, and I had to rinse with freezing-cold water to cool it off. I finally got things back under control, but overall it was not a good experience, and freaked me out a little, since I don't have especially sensitive skin and haven't had that happen to me in the past with any other scrub. I had to follow with a soothing hydrating mask from by beloved Repechage to bring things back into balance. Thank God for the Hydra Dew mask!

I won't be buying this one. To me, although my face did not feel that much smoother after using this mask, and it also felt like it had a strange film on it. Plus, the redness and heat were just not worth the payoff. There are far too many good scrubs out there that don't effect my skin so badly and that give me better results. I love many of the Lush products, but this one is a no-go for me. Those with sensitive skins...proceed with great caution!