July 31, 2014 | 2018 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Dark Angels

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2009 5:01:00 PM More reviews by EmilyKniv

My fave scrub of all time! I love it! I only use it once or twice a week as it can be quite harsh. But it's so exfoliating and leaves my skin feeling so soft!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2009 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Saga17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

OMG I LOVE this product! I have acne and this is the best scrub I have ever tried... It smells interesting (in a good way) and it's very easy to and fun to use. It's a very "hard" scrub so I use it once a week only. It really helps me keep my skin healthier! Also works on your back (if you have acne there...)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2009 7:02:00 AM More reviews by Veedebee

I have such mixed feelings about this. The good news is that this will get your face smoother and cleaner than a brillo pad! I gets deep down into those pores, sucks up and washes away all the oilyness and leaves no dry flakey patches of skin behind. So that's a huge thumbs up. It doesn't seem to have caused any breakouts, rashes or irritation either and it smells delicious.
The negatives are that it might actually be less painful using a brillo pad or scouring cloth to wash your face - dang it this stuff HURTS and I do not have particularly sensitive skin. Exfoliation is an understatement, it really feels like this takes off the entire top layer of your skin - revealing the beautiful soft clean layer underneath, but also leaving my face feeling like I'd had a chemical peel, or walked into arctic winds with hail stones flying at me and my face totally unprotected. Now add to that the fact (as previously mentioned) that my white shower or sink look like I've had the 7 dwarves in there after spending all day down a filthy dirty mine and you'll see why I'm not totally in love with this product. Not to mention trying to get the stuff out of my hairline.
I've taken lippies off for the pain inflicted and the mess caused, but I would repurchase just because this does such a good job. Definately once a week at the very most for me and if you have dry and/or sensitive skin the approach with extreme caution.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2009 8:16:00 AM More reviews by Pixiechix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is great, it comes in a pot and is black with very small grains in it which makes it mega exfoliating. The charcoal in it soaks up all the oil and evens out your skin tone. I get break outs and have really oily sking and can get medium size pores on my cheeks which I hate. This stuff works like magic! Yes, it is messy, like other post said it goes everywhere. In the sink, on your face cloth in your finger nails, the lot. It's just sooooooo good though. Fab product and would definately buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2009 3:25:00 PM More reviews by ohchloeanne

I've just recently developed a really terrible case of acne & my face has gone through a complete type change from mildly oily to severely oily. For the past six months I've been struggling to find something that would help calm my skin. It was red, inflamed, super oily (my face would be oil slick everyday & my make up would run within 2 hours), and bumpy all over. My pores were heavily congested. ):

I was just in California last week for vacation & I had stumbled upon the Lush store. I'd heard about how great and non-abrasive their products were for the skin so, I asked the SA what would be best for my skin. She directed me right to Dark Angels & gave me a demo. It seemed nice on my hand, so I decided to buy it.

I've been happily using this for about 2 weeks now, and I can say my breakouts have subsided, my face is almost not even oily anymore, and my face isn't red and inflamed! In fact, it's also gotten rid of blackheads & whiteheads that I've had before my real skin problem started to occur & my pores are getting smaller! I'M TOTALLY IN LOVE WITH THIS PRODUCT.

My skin tone & texture has improved dramatically! This is officially my Holy Grail cleanser. I use it twice a day & the results have been nothing short of AMAZING! It is pretty messy & kind of a bit on the pricey side for cleanser to me, but the results are completely worth it! I never thought that a cleanser could have this dramatic of an effect on my skin! It's not drying & it's done all I needed it to do!

If you have the same problems as I do, SERIOUSLY GO OUT AND GET THIS PRODUCT (:

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2009 10:56:00 PM More reviews by maddsox

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Whoa Dang! I'm in love with this stuff, and so is my husband. We only use it once to twice a week b/c we are both in our 30's and this stuff REALLY dries out the skin. But we've both noticed improvements in the texture of our skin since using this. My husband actually uses it more b/c he likes something that really scrubs and Dark Angels does the trick. I took off one lippie b/c I find it almost too abrasive for my skin. However, I can't argue with how soft it makes my skin feel afterward. I do have to immediately use a good moisturizer b/c this is really drying. My skin really soaks up the moisturizer and seems to have calmed down quite a bit in terms of breakouts. My husband uses this scrub along with the Coal Face soap. But when I use them together, my face feels so dry I'm afraid it'll crack!

I have to say that as far as LUSH scrubs go, I like this so much more than the other Angels scrub... although I can't exactly say why. They both do their jobs wonderfully. This one just appeals to me more.

It is black and does take a bit of time to learn how to use without making a mess. I find using it in the shower to be the best bet.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2009 11:34:00 PM More reviews by EmilyNguyen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love love love LUSH because of this product. Before using their products my skin was terrible. My acne was out of control! I literally tried everything out there. I was desperate for clear skin and i found it with this. For some reason this product and "Fresh Pharmacy" did the trick. I do 50/50 of each in a small container and there you go, i have my little miracle in a container. It does take time.. but it's work it. I also you the "Tea Tree Water" toner. Works like magic for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2009 10:50:00 AM More reviews by bloodvsplastic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Coal face was better than Fresh Farmacy for my face. But once this came out, everything changed. This is, in my opinion, the best cleanser for oily/acne prone skin LUSH has. It exfoliates the dead skin cells away, sucks up oil, and treats all at the same time... but it doesn't leave your skin feeling parched. Not that it matters, you can just follow up with one of their amazing toners/moisturizers.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2009 5:20:00 PM More reviews by SAMm3

So messy but I love it! Okay, I grant - this stuff makes a mess in the sink, on your towel, and in your fingernails, and it's hard to rinse all of it off. BUT if you use it in the shower you can avoid those problems. And it does wonders for my face! I can take the exfoliation but it's really grainy, so anyone with a sensitive face should sample first. I love the charcoal - I leave this on and let it dry a bit, kind of like a mask. To me it's worth all the mess.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2009 11:23:00 PM More reviews by itzjuzKT

this was my first LUSH skincare product and I'm in love!!!!! the sales girl talked me into buying this cuz she says it helps w/ acne scars and she did a little demo on the back of my hand to feel how smooth it is after using it. It is kinda expensive, I got the one in the container for almost $13 but a little goes a long way. What I do is after I remove my makeup, I break it up into a small piece, wet it w/ some water and apply it to my face, I wait for about 30 sec til I wash it off in the shower and it leaves my skin soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo unbelievably soft!!!!! I also noticed that it helps w/ my acne too, I don't get breakouts and my skin texture is smooth on the surface and whenever I apply foundation it looks great!!! I would definitely buy this when I run out