December 22, 2014 | 908 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Dark Angels

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2010 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Bungi654

I love love love this product. I have literally the oiliest skin in the entire world. I have tried everything and nothing worked. I saw all the raves on youtube about this and went and bought it. The first day I tried it my Boyfriend asked me y my face looked so nice and glowing. It makes my skin super soft and best of all NO OIL. I use this in combination with cupcake face mask and J&J baby lotion on my face. It is the best combo ever. My skin hasn't been this good since I was 10. Warning the first couple times you use it there might not be a diff in your oil, but give it a week and you will be amazed.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 9:39:00 AM More reviews by mizzcindy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

As a daily cleanser I wouldn't recommend this. It's way too harsh on the skin for that. I recommend Angels On Bare Skin (my HG) if you like a daily scrub.
As a weekly scrub, it is okay but I don't have that squeeky clean feeling after using this. It also has some harsh bits that hurt my skin.
Because it's so dark it leaves a black residue on my face, so I always need to wash my face with another cleaser afterwards.
I haven't seen any other effects when I used this weekly.

I wouldn't buy this again because there are way better scrubs on the market.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2010 9:23:00 AM More reviews by red_smarties

works really well as a scrub for oily skin. however, one thing to keep in mind is that a little goes a long way. when i first tried this i used about a quarter sized amount, it left a dark stain after washing (using the toner showed this)..however next few times i used a tiny pea sized amount and problem was solved! using it this way i think this product will last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2010 7:22:00 AM More reviews by nickyn

This stuff sure is reaaally good, i think i don't need to write another review cause i share the opinions with all other positive reviewers.
All I can say is: this stuff is agressive, it actually is a harsh scrub instead of everyday-cleanser. Don't use this everyday, you will damage your skin.
I probably use this 3 times a month. Remember that your skin takes about 23 days to develop new skin cells.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2010 12:20:00 AM More reviews by angered

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have fairly normal skin, so the sales associate was a little wary about me wanting to use this product, but I've had excellent results with it. I use it maybe twice a week and it really helps exfoliate my skin and help with any pesky pimples that pop up. I always wash my face first with something cleansing to remove makeup, so no problems there. My only complaint is how messy this product is, but that's to be expected when it's a thick black paste. It's a practice in patience when you've got a slow drain, though :)
Definitely will buy again. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2010 9:12:00 PM More reviews by lovepink679

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is so messy it's fun! It cleaned my face really well, didn't leave my face red and I didn't break out after wards. I hate black licorice and that's exactly what it smells like.
I'll deal with the smell since I love this product so much.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2010 5:21:00 PM More reviews by ashley920

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

i like this cleanser...the only downside i have with this is if i use it alot..it seems to kind of break me out. I guess i shouldnt say "break me out" butttttt i wake up with a new zit after using this :( sooo maybe this is OK to use.. considering that it seems like it's bringing out my clogged pores out to the surface lol...so i'll switch off btn this & my other face cleanser. The packing kind of sucks! If a little bit of moisture gets into the container, the little individual beads bunch up, so now mine looks like a big lump of coal & that i have to break apart to use & crumble up in my hands. Other than that.... i love the exfoliation i get with this!!!! I wear sunless tanner on my face, so this deffff helps to get a clean canvas when applying my tanner. 4/5. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 4:59:00 AM More reviews by bluemushroom

This is a good cleanser/scrub although this wouldn't remove make up hence I wouldn't I use it alone. I use it about 3 times a week after cleansing with my Biotherm cleanser or Lush ultrabland. the result, my combination skin is nicely scrub, smooth and I think this product does help keep acne at bay. smells nice too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2010 10:16:00 PM More reviews by mommygirl5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

a bit messy to use...but an awesome cleanser and exfoliator. i use this right before i get in the shower. it's easier to wash off that way. whatever is leftover after applying to my face i rub all over my hands to help exfoliate. it really does a great job cleansing and exfoliating my skin. my skin have never looked this good!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2010 12:04:00 PM More reviews by luftballon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received a generous chunk of a sample of this when buying Dream Cream. I've tried it a couple times now. It's a very good scrub if you have problematic skin! I had been breaking out with lots of hormonal acne (chin, around the mouth, forehead) along with blackheads. You only need a teeny amount (pea sized) to dilute with water and scrub your face. I don't think the exfoliating particles (black sugar/charcoal) are too harsh, either. Always remember to just be gentle when you scrub... there's no need to rub your delicate facial skin raw! :)

The smell took some getting used to because it was kind of strong and herbal but the overall effect is very refreshing. It's helped my zits heal, especially on my forehead, and my chin isn't as dry or chapped and my zits are smaller/less irritated. I recommend this if you have acne and oily skin. I have combo skin leaning on the dry side, but I still think it's very suitable for people with my skin type, too. It doesn't dry me out like a lot of cleansers do, and my face feels very smooth from exfoliating with this. It is very calming and soothing for the skin. I do not like the mess it makes but it's not as big of a deal as everyone says it is. It will leave little black particles, though, so just wipe everything down when you're done!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No