E.L.F. Eyebrow Kit

4.3

Brow Gel Ingredient:Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil) , Ricinus Comunis (Castor) Seed Oil , Talc , Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax , Ozokerite , Methylisothiazolinone , Caprylyl glycol May Contain:Iron Oxides(CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499) , Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Brow Powder Ingredient:Talc , Mica , Caprylic/Caprictriglycerides , Hydrogenated Polyisobutene , Sodium Dehydroacetate May Contain: Iron Oxide(CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499)

on 10/27/2013 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My HG for brows, finally! This is so easy to control. I no longer worry about the "filled on brow look" because this looks so natural!!!! Since it's a gel and powder, it blends in so much better than pencil or even the Aqua Brow I was using (was too thick for my liking.) the price is easy on the wallet, packaging is small and out of the way. Love it!

on 10/24/2013 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is a review for the kit in shade "dark".

A bit of background - I am Asian, with yellow toned skin around NC25 and black hair. While my brow hairs are pure black, they are also a bit sparse and there is a weird bald spot on the arch. They look ok in person without any product (minus the weird bald spot) but will attempt to disappear in flash photography. I mainly use brow products to fill in the bald spot and make the tail a little longer; they're not so sparse I need to draw them on and not so unruly that I really need a gel.

Of the two sides in the kit, I only really ever use the wax. In the "dark" shade, the wax appears almost black in the pan, but once applied with a brush will appear more warm and brown. It is not a great shade match for me, like many Asians my brow hairs are more gray/ashy, and when I look closely I can see that the parts where I have filled in with wax is a warmer shade than my actual hair. However, because I don't use a whole lot, it's really not that noticeable, a cursory glance into the mirror does not draw any attention to my eyebrows, and nobody has commented that my brows are a different colour from my (pure black, undyed) hair unless I ask them to look really closely. In hindsight, the shade "ash" might have worked better for me, but I was young and naive and thought "my hair is black! Black is as dark as it gets, I order the dark fo sho". (I also used to avoid yellow-toned foundations because I thought they would make me Simpson-like combined with my natural yellow undertones, and needless to say yellow undertone + pink toned foundation = not good. I have learned, thank you MUA.)

I have only used the powder a few times and find it invariably too harsh. It's quite pigmented, and a lot more reddish/warm-toned than the wax, the few times I did try it always ended in red cartoon eyebrows so I threw away the powder side when I depotted the wax.

I apply the wax with an angled liner brush. I find the $2 essence gel eyeliner brush surprisingly good for this, it's stiffer than I would like for actual eyeliner, but perfect for grabbing the harder wax and the unique purple hairs mean I don't worry about mixing it up with the other angled brushes I do use for eyeliner. I do regret throwing away the duo ended applicator brush that came with the kit, the powder end was crap but the angled liner end worked just fine for the method I use on my brows. A regular-sized brush is easier of course, but I wish I hadn't depotted it and just kept the whole kit for when I travel.

Lasting power (when using wax-only like I do) is not very good. After 3-4 hours I can see the edges get blurry, and after 5-6 hours I can see my bald spot again. If I accidentally touch my brows during the day (I have an unfortunate habit of rubbing my face when I'm tired) they are as good as gone.

Overall, it's a surprisingly good kit considering how cheap it is. But if you have sparse brows and use a heavy hand while applying, note that the "dark" shade definitely leans reddish brown and the heavier you apply the more reddish it will look.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I loved it

on 10/23/2013 11:17:00 PM

I have tried a few things here and there for defining and shaping my eyebrows. I found the E.L.F Eyebrow Kit at Target one day and figured the price was worth a shot.
It has been the ONLY eyebrow makeup I have ever bought more then once. The only thing I don't like about it is the gel will run out a lot faster then the powder. However, I have started to use the powder to contour. works great for down the sides of the nose, or even under cheek bones.
I am also a licensed cosmo and makeup artist. I don't tell my clients that I use $3 eyebrow makeup on them. THEY WILL NEVER KNOW (mwahahaha)
Unless they read this...
DAMNIT!!

on 10/15/2013 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I purchased this product in "Ash" and it was my first eyebrow kit ($3). I do like E.L.F because the price is very affordable and personally, I think it's a good brand to start if you don't know much about makeup ('cus you know it's pretty cheap and if you don't like the product you've only spent a couple dollars). Anyway, personally for me, it made my eyebrows feel too oily and I didn't like how it looked. What I was trying to go for was subtle brows and it made it look too conspicuous and I just looked mad (or...as they call it "Bitchy Resting Face" I've provided a link

to go with the description, lol). As for me, I won't be purchasing this again since I've found a better brow kit. If you want something more natural I would go for Milani's Brow Fix

on 10/15/2013 5:02:00 PM

This is the BEST eye brow kit/color I have ever purchased. So much more natural looking than a brow pencil. The product I was using before this was Clinique's I tried this initially because it was so inexpensive. $3.00 at Ulta but I just saw it at Walmart for the same price. That was a surprise. I am going to buy a few of these just in case E.L.F. ever decides to discontinue it.
On to the review. I am in my 50's, have strawberry blonde hair (with some white grey hair thrown in). My eyebrows have always been, what I call clear. You can't see them unless I use some kind of brow pencil, gel, etc. i have ben using this for about 9 months. I bought the light #00618. It has two parts/sides. One side has a waxy, neutral color and the other is a light taupey color powder. The brush that comes with it is 1.5"-2", has a brush at each end. One end has an angled, plastic brush to use on the waxy side and the other end has rounded plastic bristles to use with the powder. First you use the brow wax to tame and set your brow shape. Then you use the powder side to add more color and definition. When you first put the waxy part on it doesn't look like much but when you add the powder the color really shows up. Go lightly if your fair skinned like me or you will have a darker brow than needed. The powder helps set the waxy part so it lasts longer. I only had to use it a couple times of to figure out just how much I needed of either side. There is no smell and it usually lasts 6+ hours. If I have needed a touch up it's either when dancing @ a wedding or out on the town. That's because I sweat a but and need to use a napkin on my forehead.
The cons are are few. First the packaging fell apart quickly, within a few weeks of purchase. There was a hard, clear, rectangular plastic cover in the lid of the kit that allowed you to see the colors. This popped out and I couldn't fix it. Thankfully, the kit also comes with a flimsy, thin piece of plastic that covers the entire inside so at least dirt, etc. can't get to the product as easily but it isn't as effective as the hard, plastic piece that popped out. I've had to put it in a small baggie when going out so it stayed clean. Secondly, I have used the waxy side more than the powder side so I will run out of one way before the other. Maybe they should give you less powder and more of the waxy side? If you have better brushes, I would experiment with those to see if you can achieve a better look. Also, I find it is always a good idea to experiment with any new makeup BEFORE actually showing the outside world your new look. That way you don't ruin a great makeup application because you can't' get the new product to look right. Other than that, it is a total keeper. Well worth the price. How can you beat $3 bucks.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I decided to buy this in the shade "Ash", which contains a neutral taupe colour gel, and a lighter colour powder. I was worried this wouldn't work for me since my brows are so dark (almost black), however, this works perfectly. It makes my brows look fuller and fills in the patchy areas so well and looks completely natural. Packaging is very sturdy and sleek looking and contains a mirror and a duel ended brush (angled brush for the gel and a brush for the powder, which work well). It's also very cheap. I prefer this over my NYX eyebrow cake powder anyday.

on 10/11/2013 7:00:00 AM

I love this eyebrow kit, its really easy to use especially the gel/cream like part just one swipe then ta-da! Your brows will look so amazing. I have the dark brown shade because of my current hair color. However using the powder part is kinda messy. Plus you will still need an eye brow brush since they inly provided brush applicator for the gel and powder.

on 10/6/2013 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. I use the darker colour because I have black hair and I find that this product looks way more natural than any pencils I've used and it lasts all day. The brush it comes with is kind of useless with the product (but I do use the fluffy side for eyeshadow blending.) Definitely recommend it.

on 10/1/2013 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this. Good product, easy to use (even with the cruddy little brush it comes with), fantastic price, stays on until you wash it off.

I use the color medium, no matter what hair color I am at any given time (blonde or red). It's easy to adjust the intensity, and very easy to define your brows to give your face an amazing lift.

Popular Brows Products