Skin79 Super Plus Beblesh Balm Triple Functions - VIP Gold

4.2

on 6/17/2012 12:12:00 PM

Cheap product doesn't mean bad, this is an example of an affordable yet GREAT purchase. It glides on skin very easily, super blendable and natural, leaves your skin dewy and super nice. The coverage is light to medium, can cover redness, but for acne scar, you still need to use concealer. I have a lot of redness on my nose, probably broken blood vessel or acne scar, I don't really know. Once, the skin around there was really dry and flaky, and using revlon colorstay, it just exaggerated the flakiness and actually draws attention to my red nose; but when I tried to put this on, I was in awe. Although this didn't cover 100% of the redness, but the flakiness reduced significantly. Then, I mixed this with a tiny bit of concealer and tried to cover the redness on my nose again. Perfect! It was perfectly concealed without the concealer look. It looked just as if I never had the redness problem in the first place. Sadly (really sadly) this is too dark for my skin. I realised it at first when I saw myself in the mirror under natural light and also at the end of the day when I took my makeup off, since before taking it off, my face looked way darker than my neck and it looked much fairer and normal after I cleaned my face. The colour does not match me. I need another BB cream which is fairer. So to utilise this, I like to mix it with foundation (revlon colorstay in ivory). This BB Cream may be good for NC/NW 20-25. I am lighter than NW15 but not too pale either. Shade that doesn't match is not a reason to reduce the overall rating since it may work for a lot of people. I just wish skin79 will make BB cream in various shades.

Recommended for normal to dry skin. Not recommended for oily skin, as it offers no oil control, no mattifying property.

on 6/16/2012 9:33:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Okey. I`m in love! I watched several BB cream reviews videos in youtube. I notice many like this one a lot. So I decided buy it. Because I cannot have this one in my country. I ordered it from Amazon. It cost me 16 € inc. postage. I think it was very fair price. And I certainly buy it again.

I have fair skin and this is perfect for my skin. It`s thick, but it apply very easily and stayed whole day. I even didn`t need powder, because it left matte finish. I have little bit redness on my cheeks and it covered them well.

Bottle is quite heavy, what I like. It feel more luxury than lighter ones. Also huge plus for pumpbottle, it so easy to use.

It`s now one of the top 5 products in my make up bag.

on 6/14/2012 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Well, let's start off with this BB cream is really meant for dry skin users, because of the sweet almond oil content. I don't really mind it, despite I have oily skin.

And BB creams go by the motto of less is more. You need the smallest amount you expect because this product is REALLY thick. Key is to blend away and I do think BB creams are best applied with fingers.

This may make my NC35 skin look a little ashy at first, but slowly it adjusts to slightly lighter than my own skintone which I don't really mind because it makes my skin looks brighter.

And because of the sweet almond oil content, I definitely have to set it with powder and blot if not my face will be super oily and the make-up won't even last. This don't last really long on my face but I'm fine if it last for 4 hours. I have found this on Gmarket(Korean's EBAY) which is authentic so I'm cool with the pricing because the retail price for this in local drugstores are just exorbitant.

I usually wear this to school because it's just the fastest way to get my face done, and protected with some sunscreen. The 15g bottle has lasted me for 6 months already and still have a quarter of a bottle remaining. Will definitely repurchase, and I will try the pink label one too since it's actually meant for oily skin.

on 6/14/2012 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really haven't worn foundation ever again after I discovered B.B. Creams. This was my first, even though I have oily skin. I use the gold one during winter and the pink during summer, the pink is better for my oily skin. The gold one however, is more moisturizing and great for winter. I got so many compliments on my skin when I wore these as apposed to foundation. The coverage isn't as high as foundation but I'd give it medium coverage.

The packaging is very cute and sleek at the same time. You won't have to worry about anything unsanitary with this as it has that great little pump. Also, you can apply this with a foundation brush, sponge, or your hands. Hands seems to work better with some B.B. Creams though. If you're thinking about trying B.B. Cream I'd definitely try this one out, especially if you have normal to dry skin.

on 6/13/2012 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've used up a bottle of this, it lasted me around 7 months using it and average of 5 days a week. I got my bb cream from seulglamour on Amazon for around $15ish USD or so.

I'm general, I like this bb cream. I hate looking made up, but I do have some hyperpigmentation and redness on my face which I like to cover up a bit. The gold label bb cream 'blurs' the imperfections enough that my skin looks better, without looking like I've caked on the make up or looking like a freak porcelain doll. It also disguises large pores and pick-axe acne scarring pretty darn well.

I have very sensitive skin that reacts to everything, so when I saw the huge-ass list of ingredients I just sighed, figuring something would break me out horribly especially since it has fragrance. In spite of that, however, I've had less problems with this bb cream than most other make up I've tried. When my skin is being finicky I do break out from the combination of heat/AC/ugly weather and bb cream + powder, but my skin's never been perfect, so I'll take what I can.

Here's my experience regarding some of the common concerns that keep popping up re:bb creams in general -

COLOUR: This bb cream is grayish-pink coming out of the bottle, but it DOES oxidise. If you don't pile this on (trust me, less is more with this) it should adjust to your skintone in 15ish or so minutes unless you're darker than NC25ish or lighter than NC10. I have yellowish-neutral undertones and this can look a bit pinkish on my skin sometimes, but it's not awfully noticeable. I put an even (thinish) coating all over my face and then pat more on on spots that need more covering. I apply this using clean fingers and patting motions, which I've found works best for me. Play around with techniques before giving up on the bb cream - a friend of mine uses the same bb cream and she says circular motions work best for her, so to each their own.

WHITENING PROPERTIES: There seems to be a lot of misinformation about this. Unless you're bleaching the shit out of your skin, you won't ever do a Michael Jackson. Whitening means fading of spots/scars. I did notice my red scarring fading MUCH faster using the bb cream (a week or so?) for fresh blemishes. It hasn't done much for old hyperpigmentation, but I wouldn't expect it to. I don't know if it's the SPF (I do use additional sunblock though) or if it's the whitening agents (or combination thereof), but my skin tone definitely is more even, and smallish blemishes don't scar as noticeably. I do also use Retin-A though.

FAKES: There are a ton of videos on youtube with comparisons between fakes and the real deal. You'll also find plenty of bloggers tackling the same issue. Make sure to note which version of the BB Creams you're using, because Skin79 recently revamped a bunch of their products and their packaging changed considerably. The US Skin79 website is pretty overpriced imo, but there are reputable sellers on Amazon and some on Ebay. If you do your research you should be fine, but the official Skin79 store is always an option if you're afraid of being duped.

Overall, I've had a pretty good experience with Skin79. The Gold Label is marketed for dryer skins, and I did notice it didn't emphasize dryness at all (I'm having issues with the Orange Label :/). The cream did transfer to clothing sometimes, and came off some when I blotted. You also have to be super anal about removing the stuff if you have acneic skin - I use Softymo's oil cleanser and then use Pond's cloth wipes. I usually then use a mask or something if I'm going to fiddle around for a bit, or jump directly in the shower. So that's oil+wipes+soap to get everything off for sure. I'm sure that's a bit overkill for most people, but it makes it possible for me to wear the bb cream on a nearly daily basis so I don't mind it. Hope this info helps!

on 6/12/2012 2:36:00 PM

1) Avoid this at any costs if you are oily- my face also felt greasy(dirty even) immediately after application
2) Did not cover any of my blemishes (I have acne)
3) Looks GREAT on my mum, who is 45 and has large pores and mature skin, it just looks like her skin but much better!
4) It is slightly greyish which again can be a pro for maturing skin, which is going slightly red at places
5) The packaging is annoying, yet effective(bulky, hard to transport but the pump works fine)
This a good product, I was not its target group and surprise surprise it worked terribly for me. If you have dryer skin, this might look awesome on you:)

on 6/9/2012 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Really love this product! The packaging is lovely, the cream itself has a nice consistency and it sinks into my skin, barely noticeable! I still need to use concealer, though, so it's not too blemish-covering, but it feels much better than foundation and doesn't dry out my skin. All over very nice and natural looking.

on 6/9/2012 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I love this stuff. I have three bb creams and by far this one is the one i reach for the most and is the most inexpensive. This holds up; a 2 hour sweaty workout outside and it does not break up or flake. The color is superb, it is less ashy than the Legere, but slightly pinker than the Dr. Jart, but does warm up to a color slightly lighter than the Legere does, which i like. I am Asian NC25 and i like to be lighter in complexion on my face because it looks brighter and happier. When i am too dark i look sad and dirty. The quantity they give you for such a low price is also outstanding. I can not rave on and on more about a product; i did not expect it to be perfect because of the low cost. I try to pay the most for cosmetics, but still find it too frivilous to spend exorbent amounts on this, because my skin does look good now and i use Retin-A, which helps a lot.
I love this product and def recommend it to all. dont think you have to spend a bunch to get good stuff (for example mascara from the drugstore is exactly the same, i will NEVER buy from the department stores again)

on 6/3/2012 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

it's an average bb cream in my opinion.it comes in yellow undertone which will perfectly suit many asian.it's a bit thicker than the prestigr bb cream so it serves better coverage which not something im searching for.the prestige sure smells better but this one not annoying either.bb cream stays longer in my face compared to other foundation.so it requires some effort to be removed too.it will be just fine with a good make up removal or oil cleaning method.

on 5/29/2012 11:41:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

After a less-than-stellar experience with a western BB cream (Garnier), I started looking for something else which would give me the coverage I wanted (light-medium and invisible) and the benefits I needed (moisture, SPF). After a few hits and misses I decided to go ahead and get Skin79's Super+ Gold Label. I have finicky combination skin (oily everything except for dry flakiness on the sides of my nose) and while I can blot oil or use powder during the day for the oiliness, the flakiness is really hard to tackle (and it looks really bad). This BB cream seems to give me enough moisture to prevent the flakies and while oil control isn't fantastic, blotting once in the afternoon keeps me looking presentable. I wish this stuff had better staying power - I need to touch up in the afternoon if I want to look as good as I did when I left the house - but that's not such a bad idea anyway, since SPF25 will probably not give you considerable protection after 6 hours. I have to admit I'm not a huge fan of the packaging - I prefer something I can throw into a makeup bag and take with me, and although the pumping mechanism is hygienic, the pump has no cap, allowing dirt and whatnot to enter the (rather large) nozzle when it's in my bag. Thankfully, Skin79 provide a range of smaller sizes - I've got the 25g tube in my makeup bag and the 40g pump bottle at home for my morning routine. I am very happy with this BB cream - it's not without it's flaws (I'd prefer higher SPF and longer staying-power), but considering the comfortable coverage, great moisture, natural look and it hasn't broken me out yet - I have a feeling I'm going to continue coming back to the BB cream regardless of how many I might try in the future. 5 stars for a fantastic product. Yay!