Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power - Cream Wash

3.3

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 21, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, Panthenol, Cucumis Sativa (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Menthol, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Yellow 5, Green 5, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Fragrance

Great product! Helps me control the acne that I usually get around my jaw line. Too bad it isn't very good at taking off my makeup.

I have to agree that it isn't a very clean feeling that you get after. I feel like I always have some stuck on my face, near my hairline, chin area. And there are always beads stuck, too, even if I used it in the shower!!

I did not like this. I like the Acne Stress Control line, but not this particular product. It's way too creamy, it feels weird washing my face with it. It doesn't feel clean afterwards. It's like I'm putting conditioner on my face :/

This cleanser is deceptively good. Since it is a cream, it does feel a little counteractive for acne, but I haven't broken out since I've started using it (more than a month.) It's very smooth, cool and non-drying so it always feels like a guilty pleasure. I find that my skin reacts very well to glycolic acid and this cleanser has that as well as the 2% salicylic.

I would cry if they discontinue this line.

I really liked this product! I get occasional breakouts, so I'm always trying to look for good acne products. I have a lot of stress being in college, and I feel that's why I get a lot of breakouts. I love the consistency of the product, it's very creamy. But, I do feel that it was a little hard to wash off. I love the smell! Overall I love this product :)

Just ok for me. Still on a seemingly endless search for a face wash that will cleanse without being too harsh, control my occasional breakouts, mildly exfoliate, and leave my skin glowing.
This wasn't it. It smells pretty good, and the texture is fairly nice to work with. I find that even with a good, long rub into my face, my skin wasn't perfectly clean afterwards. Granted, it isn't too trying, which is great for a salicylic acid cleanser. However, I find that this didn't prevent or stop breakouts at all. My breakouts stayed the same, and may have even gotten worse with this. (I have combination skin, slightly acne-prone)
Overall, it's not the devil or anything, but I won't buy again. I don't even know if I will finish off the tube.

I got this in a swap a few months ago and barely starting using it last week. I already love it simply for the fact that it has 2% salycilic acid and. I use 2 of the other products in this line so I already had expectations. As other reviewers stated, this is not a foaming cleanser (minus 1 lippie for that) I do feel like a residue is left behind but I think sometimes that is a good thing. Makes me feel like it is leaving behind a little of the active ingredient. I sometimes follow this up with a good rub with a face towel in the shower. This seems to help with the residue feeling but does not seem to change the effectiveness. Same great scent as the rest of the line. This also has a nice tingle to it (from the menthol) that is invigorating in the morning. This, along with the treament has totally changed my skin. I have almost no breakouts anymore and if I do it's usually because I'm abusing my skin or I have run out of product and did not have time to replace it yet. Great product for a great price that controls mild to occassional acne beautifully!

Hard to wash off.

This stuff is awesome. Two of my girlfriends raved about this line and after checking the reviews here I picked it up at Target for around $5. The first time I tried this I used way too much product! The cream has a really lovely thick, smooth, creamy consistency and a very light scent (almost like cucumber melon but not strong or overpowering at all). A little goes along way. When I first applied this it felt oily on my face and I got a bit nervous, but it didn't leave my face feeling greasy at all. What I love about this stuff is that it really seems to keep break outs at bay but it isn't overly drying or harsh on my face. I have been using this in conjunction with the scrub & 3-in-1 treatment and my skin looks better than it has in long time. My face feels soft and hydrated and is blemish free! Highly recommended- you can't beat the price!

Hmmmmm......not sold on this acne wash. I was having annoying bursts of cystic acne on my chin, and picked this up at Walgreens to see whether it could help.

The cystic acne has in fact gone away, but unfortunately replaced by several whiteheads all over my chin. Now I have to decide whether my poor chin should be subjected to painful cysts or inflamed whiteheads!

Sorry if that was too graphic. My point is that I don't think this Neutrogena wash is effective at "Controlling" acne. Mine seems out of control = Stress!

The wash is nice and creamy, although I get the feeling it is not sufficient by itself as a complete makeup remover.