Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power - Cream Wash

3.4

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 21, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, Panthenol, Cucumis Sativa (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Menthol, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Yellow 5, Green 5, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Fragrance

on 12/11/2008 3:42:00 AM

Just ok for me. Still on a seemingly endless search for a face wash that will cleanse without being too harsh, control my occasional breakouts, mildly exfoliate, and leave my skin glowing.
This wasn't it. It smells pretty good, and the texture is fairly nice to work with. I find that even with a good, long rub into my face, my skin wasn't perfectly clean afterwards. Granted, it isn't too trying, which is great for a salicylic acid cleanser. However, I find that this didn't prevent or stop breakouts at all. My breakouts stayed the same, and may have even gotten worse with this. (I have combination skin, slightly acne-prone)
Overall, it's not the devil or anything, but I won't buy again. I don't even know if I will finish off the tube.

on 12/10/2008 3:09:00 PM

I got this in a swap a few months ago and barely starting using it last week. I already love it simply for the fact that it has 2% salycilic acid and. I use 2 of the other products in this line so I already had expectations. As other reviewers stated, this is not a foaming cleanser (minus 1 lippie for that) I do feel like a residue is left behind but I think sometimes that is a good thing. Makes me feel like it is leaving behind a little of the active ingredient. I sometimes follow this up with a good rub with a face towel in the shower. This seems to help with the residue feeling but does not seem to change the effectiveness. Same great scent as the rest of the line. This also has a nice tingle to it (from the menthol) that is invigorating in the morning. This, along with the treament has totally changed my skin. I have almost no breakouts anymore and if I do it's usually because I'm abusing my skin or I have run out of product and did not have time to replace it yet. Great product for a great price that controls mild to occassional acne beautifully!

on 11/27/2008 5:57:00 AM

Hard to wash off.

on 11/17/2008 9:57:00 AM

This stuff is awesome. Two of my girlfriends raved about this line and after checking the reviews here I picked it up at Target for around $5. The first time I tried this I used way too much product! The cream has a really lovely thick, smooth, creamy consistency and a very light scent (almost like cucumber melon but not strong or overpowering at all). A little goes along way. When I first applied this it felt oily on my face and I got a bit nervous, but it didn't leave my face feeling greasy at all. What I love about this stuff is that it really seems to keep break outs at bay but it isn't overly drying or harsh on my face. I have been using this in conjunction with the scrub & 3-in-1 treatment and my skin looks better than it has in long time. My face feels soft and hydrated and is blemish free! Highly recommended- you can't beat the price!

on 11/16/2008 1:10:00 PM

Hmmmmm......not sold on this acne wash. I was having annoying bursts of cystic acne on my chin, and picked this up at Walgreens to see whether it could help.

The cystic acne has in fact gone away, but unfortunately replaced by several whiteheads all over my chin. Now I have to decide whether my poor chin should be subjected to painful cysts or inflamed whiteheads!

Sorry if that was too graphic. My point is that I don't think this Neutrogena wash is effective at "Controlling" acne. Mine seems out of control = Stress!

The wash is nice and creamy, although I get the feeling it is not sufficient by itself as a complete makeup remover.

on 11/13/2008 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I hate to ruin all the good reviews on this stuff. But, I am extremely disappointed with this face wash. My face has NEVER looked so bad. I don't know what it was in this stuff (it could have maybe even been the 3 in 1 hydrating cream) but it jacked up my face. I usually get the occasional break out but right now l have about 10 pimples on my face. I didn't even want to go out of the house this morning. Even worse, my nose and t-zone area are dry. So, pimples and a flaky face make for a bad review. So, better luck to the next!

on 11/11/2008 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

My only complaints on this is that it may feel a bit drying/harsh when it's on your face. Also, I would have LOVED it if this were in a pump but that doesn't compare to all that's good!

I have generally hated Neutrogena products because I've found their toners to have denatured alcohol (terrible ingredient that ruins your skin by causing free radical damage), and the Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish cleanser I've been using only had .5% salicylic acid which basically did nothing for my skin and dried my skin out. So I went drugstore hauling this past Sunday and having seen this cleanser mentioned in either (or both) teen Vogue and Vogue, I decided to give this a shot. Thankfully I've finally found my HG cleanser!! This is the first HG skin care product of mine (only other HG is the MAC Viva Glam V & VI lip sticks). After using it ONCE, I found some of my large blemishes to immediately recede and appear smaller. Now I've used it for 2 days (both morning and night) and those blemishes are nearly gone!

I've also seen an improvement in my skin type - it appears much more radiant, smooth, and overall wonderful. I use this cleanser with my Neutrogena Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Skin Cream (in the 1 oz tube) and it works beautifully. I hope everyone gives it a try because it is worth it!!

EDIT: Removed 1 lippie because I still break out occasionally, and recently got one ugly cyst on my left cheek, but the overall quality of my face is much better than when I didn't use this.

on 11/9/2008 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This does not cleanse my face effectively, which is a huge disappointment. It doesn't lather, but might be perfect for those with dry or sensitive skin. It does, however, smell very nice and doesn't dry out my skin. I might have to cleanse with a seperate cleanser and follow with this. Does a good job of keeping my skin clear and soft. It also doesn't leave my face red after washing which is a plus.

on 11/8/2008 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

I have been using this product for just over a month and have decided to NOT finish the bottle and buy something else.

Pros: It smells nice. It's cheap.

Cons: It caused my skin to break out. I had purchased this product in hopes of clearing up the few pimples that I had, instead, I received 2-3 new pimples a week - not fun. I found that on top of giving me new pimples, it then wouldn't clear any of them up. I used this with the Acne Stress astringent, I don't know if it was the cleanser or the astringent but one of them dried out my skin. I now have (on top of my acne) a red, flaky, itchy patch on my right cheek.

I went out 2 days ago and purchased Stectro Jel and my face has already started to clear up, after this mess.

Very disappointed.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is great stuff. It smells of cucumbers and makes your face feel all tingy (which is a surprise the first time if you're not expecting it!!) It's also kept my face from breaking out. I usually have at least 2-3 medium-large pimples on my face, and this is the only face wash that's helped with my acne. I still get a few small pimples and bumps, but nothing like I used to. Yay!