July 22, 2014 | 1166 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power - Cream Wash

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2008 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Kelky

I have been using this product for just over a month and have decided to NOT finish the bottle and buy something else.

Pros: It smells nice. It's cheap.

Cons: It caused my skin to break out. I had purchased this product in hopes of clearing up the few pimples that I had, instead, I received 2-3 new pimples a week - not fun. I found that on top of giving me new pimples, it then wouldn't clear any of them up. I used this with the Acne Stress astringent, I don't know if it was the cleanser or the astringent but one of them dried out my skin. I now have (on top of my acne) a red, flaky, itchy patch on my right cheek.

I went out 2 days ago and purchased Stectro Jel and my face has already started to clear up, after this mess.

Very disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2008 12:29:00 AM More reviews by darkhairedcogirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is great stuff. It smells of cucumbers and makes your face feel all tingy (which is a surprise the first time if you're not expecting it!!) It's also kept my face from breaking out. I usually have at least 2-3 medium-large pimples on my face, and this is the only face wash that's helped with my acne. I still get a few small pimples and bumps, but nothing like I used to. Yay!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2008 3:43:00 PM More reviews by Chocolatebee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a great product that really surprised me. Usually cream cleansers are to oily and heavy for my oil/combination skin, but this Power Wash rinses of very nicely! I would have liked it to have lathered up a bit more, but the creamy texture is alright. This will be my new facewash for the winter because it doesn't leave my skin super squiky clean that its begging for a moisturizer after a wash. I follow up with the Stress Hydrating treatment (which I love I am on my 3rd tube) at night and in the morning, I use the treatment again, but also put Neutrogena Moisture for Combination skin on top of the treatment to give my skin more moisture during the day. The result, soft moisturized skin with minimal oil building during the course of the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2008 3:09:00 PM More reviews by kuby007

So far, I like this but not so much as a cleanser but an acne treatment. It doesn't dry out your skin, which is really great for the winter months, it has a lovely scent, and actually feels good when you use it. However, it does a really poor job of cleansing. After I used this, I used toner on a cotton pad to wipe my face and there was still so much dirt and makeup left on my face! So now I wash with a different cleanser, then use this right after to help with the acne. For acne fighting, it seems to be working pretty well. The tiny bumps on my forehead and chin are almost completely gone, and the cystic acne I had on my cheeks are disappearing or coming to head much faster. I also use the 3-in-1 Acne Stress Spot Treatment just on the spots and that helps a lot too. I recommend this product for anyone with combo skin as part of acne treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2008 3:01:00 PM More reviews by amyfairy

This is by far the best drugstore acne cleanser on the market. I've never found anything even partially as effective in my neighborhood walgreens. I think the real secret is the glycolic acid in this product paired with the moisturizing agents like cucumber. It will exfoliate and clear out your pores without ripping your skin to pieces.

For under 10 bucks, give it a shot. I had horrific cystic acne and my skin has cleared significantly using this in conjunction with regular facials, sls free skin and hair products and getting on birth control. I'd recommend lightening up on any other drying acne products for a while as well. I was pleasantly surprised and you may be too.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2008 6:33:00 PM More reviews by ChrissyTX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow! I didn't expect anything from this product, just purchased it since my face is reeling from the high stress load in my life right now. Within 2 days my chronic redness that I've had for probably 10+ years disappeared and what pimples are coming up are smaller and don't hurt as bad as they have recently. I have never had good results with acne lines, but I've found a miracle worker with this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2008 8:21:00 PM More reviews by fashionista21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm actually surprised by this product. I wasn't planning to buy this but I figured what the heck. I tried it a week ago and LOVEIT. My acne is clearing up, and my skin looks and feels great! I love the wash and it feels so good. It's a great wash and clears acne really fast. It really does make acne one less stress to deal with (:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2008 5:10:00 PM More reviews by psmitty

After several months of use, I'm absolutely amazed by this product. My extreme combination late twenties acne-prone skin was clear, smooth and moisturized through a few months of frozen Toronto winter. Usually, I break out like crazy from most cleansers or my skin is so stripped, I have red, flaky skin in the winter. NOTHING stops or prevents breakouts like this and it doesn't dry my skin out at all. I was skeptical about a Neutrogena cream cleanser, but it's excellent. I used to cry at night about my skin and now I get at least a compliment a week. It's the best cleanser I've ever used and I've tried everything from Sephora, drug stores and department stores. WIth Olay's Age Defying Beta Hydroxy cream moisturizer and my trusty Diorskin Forever powder, I have no breakout issues. Please never discontinue!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2008 2:08:00 AM More reviews by swtdreamsx3

I absolutely love this product, especially for it being affordable and easy to find at any local drug store. I'm very glad Neutrogena came out with this line, I actually use the cream cleanser with the micro scrubs, it gently exfoliates and it gives a cooling tingly feeling that makes your skin feel refreshed and clean. Using this with a really good toner and moisturizer is the perfect acne prevention plan. Love it. =]

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2008 8:53:00 PM More reviews by graceiscool06x

Love the cooling sensation. Doesnt feel like it takes away moisture from my skin. Great smell & packaging!