December 22, 2014 | 1694 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power - Cream Wash

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2008 9:57:00 AM More reviews by jln7124

This stuff is awesome. Two of my girlfriends raved about this line and after checking the reviews here I picked it up at Target for around $5. The first time I tried this I used way too much product! The cream has a really lovely thick, smooth, creamy consistency and a very light scent (almost like cucumber melon but not strong or overpowering at all). A little goes along way. When I first applied this it felt oily on my face and I got a bit nervous, but it didn't leave my face feeling greasy at all. What I love about this stuff is that it really seems to keep break outs at bay but it isn't overly drying or harsh on my face. I have been using this in conjunction with the scrub & 3-in-1 treatment and my skin looks better than it has in long time. My face feels soft and hydrated and is blemish free! Highly recommended- you can't beat the price!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2008 1:10:00 PM More reviews by shibuya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Hmmmmm......not sold on this acne wash. I was having annoying bursts of cystic acne on my chin, and picked this up at Walgreens to see whether it could help.

The cystic acne has in fact gone away, but unfortunately replaced by several whiteheads all over my chin. Now I have to decide whether my poor chin should be subjected to painful cysts or inflamed whiteheads!

Sorry if that was too graphic. My point is that I don't think this Neutrogena wash is effective at "Controlling" acne. Mine seems out of control = Stress!

The wash is nice and creamy, although I get the feeling it is not sufficient by itself as a complete makeup remover.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2008 11:10:00 PM More reviews by BRANDI7013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I hate to ruin all the good reviews on this stuff. But, I am extremely disappointed with this face wash. My face has NEVER looked so bad. I don't know what it was in this stuff (it could have maybe even been the 3 in 1 hydrating cream) but it jacked up my face. I usually get the occasional break out but right now l have about 10 pimples on my face. I didn't even want to go out of the house this morning. Even worse, my nose and t-zone area are dry. So, pimples and a flaky face make for a bad review. So, better luck to the next!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2008 10:26:00 AM More reviews by roroluca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My only complaints on this is that it may feel a bit drying/harsh when it's on your face. Also, I would have LOVED it if this were in a pump but that doesn't compare to all that's good!

I have generally hated Neutrogena products because I've found their toners to have denatured alcohol (terrible ingredient that ruins your skin by causing free radical damage), and the Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish cleanser I've been using only had .5% salicylic acid which basically did nothing for my skin and dried my skin out. So I went drugstore hauling this past Sunday and having seen this cleanser mentioned in either (or both) teen Vogue and Vogue, I decided to give this a shot. Thankfully I've finally found my HG cleanser!! This is the first HG skin care product of mine (only other HG is the MAC Viva Glam V & VI lip sticks). After using it ONCE, I found some of my large blemishes to immediately recede and appear smaller. Now I've used it for 2 days (both morning and night) and those blemishes are nearly gone!

I've also seen an improvement in my skin type - it appears much more radiant, smooth, and overall wonderful. I use this cleanser with my Neutrogena Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Skin Cream (in the 1 oz tube) and it works beautifully. I hope everyone gives it a try because it is worth it!!

EDIT: Removed 1 lippie because I still break out occasionally, and recently got one ugly cyst on my left cheek, but the overall quality of my face is much better than when I didn't use this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2008 7:18:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This does not cleanse my face effectively, which is a huge disappointment. It doesn't lather, but might be perfect for those with dry or sensitive skin. It does, however, smell very nice and doesn't dry out my skin. I might have to cleanse with a seperate cleanser and follow with this. Does a good job of keeping my skin clear and soft. It also doesn't leave my face red after washing which is a plus.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2008 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Kelky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have been using this product for just over a month and have decided to NOT finish the bottle and buy something else.

Pros: It smells nice. It's cheap.

Cons: It caused my skin to break out. I had purchased this product in hopes of clearing up the few pimples that I had, instead, I received 2-3 new pimples a week - not fun. I found that on top of giving me new pimples, it then wouldn't clear any of them up. I used this with the Acne Stress astringent, I don't know if it was the cleanser or the astringent but one of them dried out my skin. I now have (on top of my acne) a red, flaky, itchy patch on my right cheek.

I went out 2 days ago and purchased Stectro Jel and my face has already started to clear up, after this mess.

Very disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2008 12:29:00 AM More reviews by darkhairedcogirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is great stuff. It smells of cucumbers and makes your face feel all tingy (which is a surprise the first time if you're not expecting it!!) It's also kept my face from breaking out. I usually have at least 2-3 medium-large pimples on my face, and this is the only face wash that's helped with my acne. I still get a few small pimples and bumps, but nothing like I used to. Yay!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2008 3:43:00 PM More reviews by Chocolatebee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a great product that really surprised me. Usually cream cleansers are to oily and heavy for my oil/combination skin, but this Power Wash rinses of very nicely! I would have liked it to have lathered up a bit more, but the creamy texture is alright. This will be my new facewash for the winter because it doesn't leave my skin super squiky clean that its begging for a moisturizer after a wash. I follow up with the Stress Hydrating treatment (which I love I am on my 3rd tube) at night and in the morning, I use the treatment again, but also put Neutrogena Moisture for Combination skin on top of the treatment to give my skin more moisture during the day. The result, soft moisturized skin with minimal oil building during the course of the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2008 3:09:00 PM More reviews by kuby007

So far, I like this but not so much as a cleanser but an acne treatment. It doesn't dry out your skin, which is really great for the winter months, it has a lovely scent, and actually feels good when you use it. However, it does a really poor job of cleansing. After I used this, I used toner on a cotton pad to wipe my face and there was still so much dirt and makeup left on my face! So now I wash with a different cleanser, then use this right after to help with the acne. For acne fighting, it seems to be working pretty well. The tiny bumps on my forehead and chin are almost completely gone, and the cystic acne I had on my cheeks are disappearing or coming to head much faster. I also use the 3-in-1 Acne Stress Spot Treatment just on the spots and that helps a lot too. I recommend this product for anyone with combo skin as part of acne treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2008 3:01:00 PM More reviews by amyfairy

This is by far the best drugstore acne cleanser on the market. I've never found anything even partially as effective in my neighborhood walgreens. I think the real secret is the glycolic acid in this product paired with the moisturizing agents like cucumber. It will exfoliate and clear out your pores without ripping your skin to pieces.

For under 10 bucks, give it a shot. I had horrific cystic acne and my skin has cleared significantly using this in conjunction with regular facials, sls free skin and hair products and getting on birth control. I'd recommend lightening up on any other drying acne products for a while as well. I was pleasantly surprised and you may be too.