September 2, 2014 | 1199 users online

Crème - L'Oreal - True Match Super Blendable Compact Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2009 3:10:00 PM More reviews by deb2382

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish they had this in the full range of True Match colors! I was able to get close with a W6 (as someone mentioned, the colors run darker than the TM liquid foundation), but a W7 would have been perfect. Good enough for my relative paleness in winter, with a bit of bronzer on top.

Staying power is pretty good in the winter, though I doubt that will be true in the summer with my oily skin. The finish looks natural but it still provides enough coverage for acne scars. Not to mention it is infinitely more portable than either mineral or liquid foundation, so is good for travel.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2009 1:05:00 PM More reviews by michellebarker4

i REALLY ENJOYED THIS PRODUCT. ITS VERY HARD FOR ME TO MATCH MY SKIN TONE (ITS A MEDIUM WARM COLOR WITH YELLOW UNDERTONES). THIS PRODUCT MATCHED MY SKIN TONE EXACTLY. (I BOUGHT W4) IT GOES ON NICE AND COVERS WELL.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2009 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Jeanxi

The foundation is not too oily (at least not in the winter), doesn't cause me to break out, and the coverage is sheer enough so that the look is very natural but still covers my pores and some light acne scars. I don't use foundation on a daily basis, but I needed to buy one for formal occasions so I was hoping to find my HG in the drugstores since I didn't want to splurge on something I won't regularly use (and may dry up and go to waste). I've used liquid foundations before, but I found that they were kind of a hassel to apply. This is much better since there is less chance of getting too much foundation on the sponge and the compact is much more travel-friendly for touch-ups. Although I totally guessed my skintone, N3 is a perfect match for me. So far everything seems good, I just hope that this shade and formula will also work for me during the summer months.

EDIT: I read some of the newer reviews on this compact and saw quite a number of negative reviews. I thought it would be helpful for me to discuss how I apply it, since that may be why I love it while some people hate it. I agree that the foundation will look horrible if you put a lot on, which I found out when I applied the first time with a heavy hand. However, if you just blot (stipple?) the foundation on (instead of brushing or rubbing), it will look much more natural and not give you a fake powdery look. Also, when I have a dry patch of skin, I put a lot of lotion/serum on the spot before I blot the foundation on the spot. I bother to do this instead of casting this foundation away because I've found that usually the foundations that are emollient enough to cover my dry patches without additional treatment are also the ones that break me out because they are too rich for the oily parts of my combination skin. Hope this helped!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2009 8:42:00 PM More reviews by LoryLoca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wish this product had worked for me, but my skin may be too dry for it. I bought the N1, and it was too pale for my skin--I agree with a previous reviewer that the shades run light. I guess I'll have to stick the more emollient formulations such as Revlon's New Complexion compact or Maybelline's Age Rewind. However, if you have normal to oily skin, I think this would work well for you. The neutral shades run light, so you may want to choose carefully.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2009 6:47:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I also picked this up at CVS since it was BOGOF and I had the $3 coupon. I chose the shade I use in the liquid formula: Honey, and it is the same in the creme formula, thank God. I'm so sick of companies changing the names and colors between lines. I also like the wide range of shades. I could have used a tad more coverage, but overall this product is very good. I didn't even need powder, and I have oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2009 10:53:00 AM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Pleasantly surprised by this! Ordinarily, creme to powder type foundations have been hit or miss with me, but I had $13 in CVS extra bucks burning a hole in the pocket, a $3 off coupon,and it was BOGOF this week, so I decided to give it a go. I don't know how much more information I can impart as the first review is excellent, but I'll give it a go.
I chose W2-I am NC20 in MAC land, MUFE f&b 20 as well. I have a fair, freckled complexion that is not very breakout prone,but I have combination to dry skin in the winter months.I am also prone to redness due to my coloring and Irish heritage.As the previous reviewer mentioned, not a whole lot of coverage and I noticed you need to work quickly with it before it dries on. A foundation brush might work better than the enclosed sponge. I don't know if it is me,but I *think* the shades tend to run a bit light; I didn't look at W3 but I'm wondering if that might be a better match for me. I'll try it a few more days and decide from there.
I love the idea of foundation in a compact as there are days when I am rushing out the door and stippling on liquid is time consuming. This is what I wanted from MAC Moistureblend but found it to be far too greasy.
I bought this for $11.99 retail at CVS, but the coupon and BOGO offer seemed to sweeten the deal. Even if it doesn't work for you, CVS does have a mu return policy so it CAN be brought back.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2009 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Aque

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This the new creme compact foundation L'oreal is offering in its True Match line. Like the True Match liquid foundation, this comes in 20 odd different shades, catagorized by warm, cool or neutral, so hopefully there's a shade that works for you.

I travel a lot for work, short one or two day trips where I fly with just a carryon & carrying my usual liquid foundation on a plane is just a bad idea, so I've been on a hunt to find something that I can easily carry through security, works for my skin tone & doesn't cost a fortune given its going to probably be something I only use intermittently, rather than replace my usual Px custom blend. I like the True Match pressed powder (again because its easy to carry in a briefcase) & W3 is a pretty decent match for me, so I though W3 in the compact creme makeup would be a good bet. However, looking at the colors in this product, it seems that the warm colors at least run dark compared to the matching pressed powders, so look carefully when you select. I ended up picking the W2 makeup based on how it looked next to the W3 powder (the W3 makeup was far darker & didn't look like a good match) & it works pretty well for me, though in the summer with a tan I may need the W3 instead.

Based on wearing this for two days on my current work trip, I quite like this. The compact (a new, more modern clear plastic design than the grey plastic ones for Truematch powder & blush) is convenient, with a small mirror & one of the white round True Match sponges for application. The actual product is oil-free & spf 17. It applies fairly sheerly & blends well with a dry sponge to give pretty light, natural looking coverage that evens out my skin tone well. You do need to carefully & quickly blend this or it looks blotchy, but it dries to a very natural finish when you are done. I haven't tried applying with a brush, but I assume you can get somewhat better coverage if you use one. The makeup for me (I've sensitive, but pretty normal skin) didn't result in any oilies by the end of the day (& today was a long, long day) and I didn't need to touch up with the makeup during the day (just a little powder a couple of times).

I'll update further as I use this more, but so far it looks like a nice option for the specific need I have when traveling given the color match. I've always been a bit wary of compact foundations because the last one I used (years ago, by Clinique) broke me out badly, so I see how it does. Two warnings - look carefully at the colors, if you've got a current True Match color it may not be the same in this product & if you need heavy coverage this probably won't provide it. Retail on the product (for just under 9 grams) runs about $11 depending on where you get it - widely available on BOGO right now (I got it at my CVS as a BOGO plus a $3 coupon off).

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No