L'Oreal True Match Super Blendable Compact Makeup

2.9

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (5%) Inactive Ingredients: Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Nylon 12, Hydrogenated Jojoba Esters, Vinyl Dimethicone, Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Lauroyl Lysine, Aluminum Hydroxide, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide, Barium Sulfate, Iron Oxides, Mica, FIL (b32396)

I just bought this today, and wish I hadn't. As a matter of fact, I need to check on whether CVS accepts returns on cosmetics, because if so, this sucker is going back!

I exfoliated and moisturized my face earlier this morning. This evening, when I brought home this foundation, I put some on. Suddenly, I looked like a flaky mannequin. For some reason, this stuff made my skin look super dry and flaky - when it WASN'T before putting this on! And the color is wayyyy off what it looks like in the compact. On my skin, it appeared several shades lighter than the color in the compact, and made my face look like a mannequin or a mask.

Will not buy again! continued >>

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This was disgusting on my skin. Offers zero coverage, very drying, and made me look like a corpse. I purchased N1..same shade I used in the liquid (which also sucks). If you are oily, and have no need for coverage..this mught work...But then why would you need a foundation? The entire reason for buying creme foundation is to get med. or full coverage and some moisturization. I purchased CG/Olay Simply Ageless the same day, and it is far superior. I just can't understand the love for this garbage.

on 1/24/2009 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I like everything about this foundation even the case. Goes on smoothly and covers well and the SPF is great. I use this on the go when I don't have time to put on my liquid foundation. It was hard for me at first to match my skin and the color looks darker in the case than it actually is. I finally found my correct shade...too bad they didn't have testers. I recommend this.

on 1/18/2009 8:49:00 PM

I really like this product, although I didn't know if I was a cool, neutral or warm. The C2 was way too pink and washed me out, so I went back and purchased W2 which seems to be just right. The neutrals were either too light (N1 and N2) or too dark (N3) so I went with warm, which is supposed to be flattering to most skin tones.

I like the coverage, very natural but really evens out my skin tone and seems to last without caking. I really like the compact b/c it's quick and I can easily blend it in.

My skin is oily but this doesn't make it worse. I only need to touch up 1-2/day. I hope I still like this when the weather gets warmer and my skin becomes more oily. I got this for $13 at Walgreens.

on 1/18/2009 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

I wish they had this in the full range of True Match colors! I was able to get close with a W6 (as someone mentioned, the colors run darker than the TM liquid foundation), but a W7 would have been perfect. Good enough for my relative paleness in winter, with a bit of bronzer on top.

Staying power is pretty good in the winter, though I doubt that will be true in the summer with my oily skin. The finish looks natural but it still provides enough coverage for acne scars. Not to mention it is infinitely more portable than either mineral or liquid foundation, so is good for travel.

i REALLY ENJOYED THIS PRODUCT. ITS VERY HARD FOR ME TO MATCH MY SKIN TONE (ITS A MEDIUM WARM COLOR WITH YELLOW UNDERTONES). THIS PRODUCT MATCHED MY SKIN TONE EXACTLY. (I BOUGHT W4) IT GOES ON NICE AND COVERS WELL.

on 1/8/2009 11:01:00 PM

The foundation is not too oily (at least not in the winter), doesn't cause me to break out, and the coverage is sheer enough so that the look is very natural but still covers my pores and some light acne scars. I don't use foundation on a daily basis, but I needed to buy one for formal occasions so I was hoping to find my HG in the drugstores since I didn't want to splurge on something I won't regularly use (and may dry up and go to waste). I've used liquid foundations before, but I found that they were kind of a hassel to apply. This is much better since there is less chance of getting too much foundation on the sponge and the compact is much more travel-friendly for touch-ups. Although I totally guessed my skintone, N3 is a perfect match for me. So far everything seems good, I just hope that this shade and formula will also work for me during the summer months.

EDIT: I read some of the newer reviews on this compact and saw quite a number of negative reviews. I thought it would be helpful for me to discuss how I apply it, since that may be why I love it while some people hate it. I agree that the foundation will look horrible if you put a lot on, which I found out when I applied the first time with a heavy hand. However, if you just blot (stipple?) the foundation on (instead of brushing or rubbing), it will look much more natural and not give you a fake powdery look. Also, when I have a dry patch of skin, I put a lot of lotion/serum on the spot before I blot the foundation on the spot. I bother to do this instead of casting this foundation away because I've found that usually the foundations that are emollient enough to cover my dry patches without additional treatment are also the ones that break me out because they are too rich for the oily parts of my combination skin. Hope this helped!

on 1/7/2009 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I wish this product had worked for me, but my skin may be too dry for it. I bought the N1, and it was too pale for my skin--I agree with a previous reviewer that the shades run light. I guess I'll have to stick the more emollient formulations such as Revlon's New Complexion compact or Maybelline's Age Rewind. However, if you have normal to oily skin, I think this would work well for you. The neutral shades run light, so you may want to choose carefully.

on 1/7/2009 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I also picked this up at CVS since it was BOGOF and I had the $3 coupon. I chose the shade I use in the liquid formula: Honey, and it is the same in the creme formula, thank God. I'm so sick of companies changing the names and colors between lines. I also like the wide range of shades. I could have used a tad more coverage, but overall this product is very good. I didn't even need powder, and I have oily skin.

on 1/7/2009 10:53:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Pleasantly surprised by this! Ordinarily, creme to powder type foundations have been hit or miss with me, but I had $13 in CVS extra bucks burning a hole in the pocket, a $3 off coupon,and it was BOGOF this week, so I decided to give it a go. I don't know how much more information I can impart as the first review is excellent, but I'll give it a go.
I chose W2-I am NC20 in MAC land, MUFE f&b 20 as well. I have a fair, freckled complexion that is not very breakout prone,but I have combination to dry skin in the winter months.I am also prone to redness due to my coloring and Irish heritage.As the previous reviewer mentioned, not a whole lot of coverage and I noticed you need to work quickly with it before it dries on. A foundation brush might work better than the enclosed sponge. I don't know if it is me,but I *think* the shades tend to run a bit light; I didn't look at W3 but I'm wondering if that might be a better match for me. I'll try it a few more days and decide from there.
I love the idea of foundation in a compact as there are days when I am rushing out the door and stippling on liquid is time consuming. This is what I wanted from MAC Moistureblend but found it to be far too greasy.
I bought this for $11.99 retail at CVS, but the coupon and BOGO offer seemed to sweeten the deal. Even if it doesn't work for you, CVS does have a mu return policy so it CAN be brought back.

Popular Crème Foundations