July 30, 2014 | 1978 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hourglass - Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by AJT711

I have never been big on primers; I always buy them use em for a week then forget about them. This primer gets alot of praise for it's ingredients. It doesn't mattify your face like other primers do; to me it seems moisturizing.

If I had to pick one primer to use I would go for this one; esp. because it's water proof. I can't wait to try this in the hot humid summer weather to see how my makeup holds up.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by crees

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So smooth and velvety I can wear this on its own without TM or foundation; by itself it evens out my skin tone, diminishes the look of my pores, controls oil without looking dry, and has mineral sunscreen (i.e. doesn't break me out and actually seems to calm my mild rosacea--that's the zinc). I'm pale, so maybe that's why I can wear it by itself, but on casual days it certainly streamlines my routine. Love it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not a primer expert but I have tried a few in the past. I have dry skin and need a primer that will help foundation apply more smoothly and last longer. This feels like a lotion without the silicone slip to it. It feels very different from other primers I've used. I notice that my foundation lasts a lot longer but somehow, it makes my foundation look much cakier than usual regardless of what foundation I was using! I even look OLDER and I have never experienced this with any primer. I suppose this could possibl work extremely well for those with oily skin but it just didn't work well with my dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2012 6:45:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Good primer.... yes it is expensive, but I wait for my Sephora VIB discounts to purchase this ....... this helps make my face smooth and helps with lighter foundations (BB creams) ....... Hourglass is a fantastic product line and I swear by their Vein Mineral Primer as well as their eyeshadows. I find that I like No. 28 better as it makes my face feel smooth and soft as well as works better with my foundation. Good choice for lighter foundation formulas or bb creams.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 2:05:00 AM More reviews by TacoFlavoredKisses

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff feels great on my skin! I'm used to Primers that are silicone based, and I can tell that this is definitely not. It feels very different than, say, Smashbox Photo Finish Primer. That one feels silicone-y to me. Hourglass feels like a matte lotion and a little goes a long way! It comes out as a white, opaque color, and as you spread it along your face, it does leave a slight white-ish sheen, which is nice for me because it evens out my skin tone for a clean, clear palette to set my foundation on. It doesn't feel greasy at all, to me. My foundation glided right over my face after application of this primer, and after I wore it a few hours, then I ended up falling asleep, and not washing my face for the whole next day :/ That's definitely not typical of me, but it was nice to not see my bare skin showing through even after sleeping and having my face buried in a pillow for hours. I'm happy with this primer and won't be looking for anything else (unless of course something new comes out that I absolutely HAVE to try)!! Haha :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2012 7:30:00 AM More reviews by katemvirginia

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I got this 2 weeks ago & absolutely love it! I have tried SO many other primers & they all broke me out. This has an amazing feel to it & sinks right in. I have no issues with my skin & this primer. My skin looks better after I apply. I mix it with my foundation & put on w/ my beauty blender. I got the bigger bottle but they also have a smaller one for half the cost. This will last me a LONG time. I will definately repurchase this forever!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2012 7:05:00 PM More reviews by edgexofxdesire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm completely disappointed with this. I thought it was very unique when I first picked it up to try out. Its a relatively thick, opaque white that almost looks like it glows. But I guess that glow-y effect was just the fact that it's greasy. I have relatively oily skin, but I know people with similar skin types who genuinely love this primer. I don't understand how. This felt so heavy and slick on my face, almost like my oil cleanser. Even under a mattifying foundation I could feel the oiliness that this had to it. That kind of slip might work well for drier skintypes, but it is definitely not for my skin at all. I couldn't even leave this on my face for more than a few hours before feeling dirty and having to remove my makeup :( But on the plus side, the price is absolutely insane, so I'm kind of glad I don't like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Rhonlynn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is worth it for me. I work from home, and I don't always wear makeup, unless I go out, or have a job outside the home. This one is amazing. It hides little imperfections, and causes foundation,and blush to wear all day long. I think it brings out the color of the make up, which is a good thing,and my concealer doesn't' wear off, as it often does. Though it's expensive, I will buy it again, and use it. It makes my skin feel like velvet and waterproofs my make up.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2012 7:00:00 AM More reviews by Sheccid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tried a couple of primers including Napoleon and i.d. bareMinerals Primer. I must say I have now found the one! My makeup now lasts so long thanks to this wonderful product. The application is simple and flawless, the only problem is the price but it is really worth it as you can expect great results

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by NerdyLibrarianGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I received a sample from Sephora and I absolutely loved it. I have sensitive, combination skin and this was perfect. It didnt dry my skin or cause me to break out. It felt wonderful and really worked to keep my makeup in place. The only con? The price! When I went to the Sephora website, its listed as $52. Thats way more than Im willing to pay for a primer. But if you are in the market for a high-end primer, this one is really amazing.