Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

3.8

Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 4.20%, Titanium Dioxide 2.45%. Other Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isosterate, Stearic Acid, Alumina

on 4/1/2013 4:46:00 AM

I got this for free at sephora thanks to my sephora points, I gotta say its good but its soooo expensive and Its not the best primer ever, I use it when Im going out clubing or a regular party under my Bare Minerals foundation and it looks great and leaves me pretty flawless ...Im still looking for that primer thats gonna set me through the roof

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I heard so much hype about this product and really wanted to try it. It seemed perfect for my skin- being oil-free and also has SPF. Sounds good! But my wallet nearly cried when I saw that the small 0.33 oz size of this product is $18 and the 1 oz bottle is $52. Whoa. I didn't want to plunk down the hard cash for a product I hadn't tried yet so I went to Ebay to search for samples. I was a bit surprised and yet again, not surprised to see that samples of this product (the 0.16 oz bottle) go for around $10-$13. A SAMPLE SIZE! If you are lucky you can find a seller selling it for $9. None of those prices even include shipping. Yikes.

On to the product itself, I'd say it works pretty good. I like the fact that it didn't break me out. It makes my foundation look alright. The feel is silky and smooth when you apply but once I let the product sink in and then apply my foundation, it seems to make the foundation harder to blend. After a while of blending, the end finish was decent but not exactly what I was looking for.

I wouldn't call this my HG primer, and I will keep on looking for one that suits my skin more, but this product get's a thumbs up from me. I can see myself purchasing again if I don't find anything better. I'd buy the $18 one though. $52 is way too much over what I would spend on a single cosmetic item.

on 3/17/2013 4:16:00 PM

Im a primer addict. I first decided to splurged on this primer at Sephora (about $50) after using up a sample they gave me a week earlier. This stuff is awesome.

I have oily, acne-prone skin, which stays pretty clear as long as I stick to my skin routine. My initial fear is always, "WILL I BREAK OUT?!". So I try to stick to products that are acne-skin friendly and contain SPF. This primer met both. Although the SPF is a bit low (SPF15; Titanium dioxide and zinc oxide), the flawless finish is totally worth it. My face was shine free and my powder makeup held up great. It's water resistant, fragrance and oil free.

The package makes it easy to apply. I like that the top can be removed, so you can unscrew and dig out a few more applications with a q-tip when you get low on product.

I apply it once a day, everyday. A bottle typically lasts me about 5-6 months.

on 3/11/2013 1:43:00 AM

I really wanted to like this because it provided a wonderful canvas for makeup but I broke out terribly a day after using it.

on 3/9/2013 6:47:00 PM

This is my HG face primer. I am almost out and so I have been using up my samples of other things but nothing is even close to this. It doesn't break me out, it isn't too thick or thin, smooths out my pores/fine lines with ease, and doesn't smell unpleasant.

The only complaint I have is the price but when it works this well....some sacrifices must be made. If you are unsure just pump the tiniest amount on your hand it will even smooth over the little lines on your hand! I can't say enough good things about it....sometimes you get what you pay for :)

on 3/6/2013 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this primer! It hasn't broken me out and it makes my foundation look great. You don't need a lot of this product. It can emphasize dry patches on your skin so make sure your face is cleansed and moisturized before use. I love the feel of this primer- it's very smooth and velvety. I let it absorb into my skin for a few minutes and then I apply foundation.
My friends and family who don't wear foundation use this product as a base/corrector for redness and they also love it! Prior to this primer, I have tried the MUFE HD primers in the yellow and green colours and while they weren't bad- this one is wayy better! It keeps my face matte for hours but because i do have combination skin, I will need to blot my t-zone towards the end of the day. This cost me a little over 60 dollars Canadian which is quite expensive for a primer, definitely a splurge! But it keeps my makeup intact and a little amount of product goes a long way.

on 3/5/2013 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I got this as a 100-point perk from Sephora after reading reviews from across the beauty blogosphere. It is white with a lotion consistency and a heavily silicone feel. When I rubbed it into my face, it sank in nicely and made a smooth canvas. I didn't notice a white cast and it didn't break me out. Unfortunately, I saw no difference in the wear or look of my foundation when using this or my Olay Complete SPF 30. For that reason, I will not be repurchasing.

on 3/5/2013 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This primer is probably the best one I have ever tried. I have oily skin and like most oily skinned people, I need something to manage the oilies and keep my foundation in tip top shape. My nose still becomes oily but my foundation does look great hours after application. I only use a dot of it here and there on my face. The price is uhhh....a little overpriced but I just buy the small one for $20. I have NC30 skin with strong yellow undertones and I don't see the white cast others are seeing with it.

on 3/3/2013 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I used this as a sample and it instantly flaked my skin. do not use if you have dry skin!

on 2/28/2013 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer is expensive, at $52 for 1 oz. you just might have to give up one of your kidneys!
The packaging is functional, beautifully adorned with a gold, diamonds, and platinum pump.
Actually no it isnít. Yes it is functional and it does have a pump, but there are neither precious gems nor metals anywhere in the packaging.

This product claims to minimize shine, neutralize the skin, prevent makeup fading, absorb excess oils, minimize the appearance of pores, and help hide skin imperfections and fine lines, creating a smooth and uniform canvas for flawless makeup application.
It didnít deliver any of these promises. I have used it under a variety of foundations and it does absolutely nothing. My makeup did not go on smoother; the product did not create an even, silky surface to support my foundation. Imperfections on my skin did not appear less noticeable; my fine lines did not look softer, and my pores looked just the same as they did before applying this primer to my face.
As far as oil absorption is concerned my t-zone looked shiny under my foundation just the same as if I had used nothing at all to prevent such thing from happening. Bottom line is that this product makes promises it cannot keep.
After spending this kind of money on a primer full of clever promises a person is inclined to convince themselves that it is a great product, one you canít live without. After all this is a high end, brand name, makeup item and as such it should be good right? Well, cost and quality are not synonymous.

The only positive thing (aside from packaging) that I can attest to about this primer is that it feels extremely light, and it is easy to work into the skin. This is not enough for a product that claims to do so much at such a shocking price.
I would not purchase this product again ever. And I returned the one I got without regret.
Thank you for reading my reviews and have fun with makeup :)