July 25, 2014 | 1573 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2009 4:47:00 AM More reviews by tiffykt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros
Defines lashes
Lengthens lashes
Holds a curl for a few hours
No racoon eye

Cons
Does not curl lashes
Does not add volume
Expensive

I'll continue to re-buy mascara despite it's price until I find my HG.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2009 7:27:00 AM More reviews by TrishyB

I thought I'd treat myself with a 'high end' mascara since I had only ever really used cheaper ones (covergirl, maybelline) plus it came with a free mini lipstick hehe.. Finally bought after seeing it in mags and reading good reviews about.
Its worked really well for me, normally when mascaras boast about giving more curl it doesn't really work for me as I'd normally have to curl my lashes to get the 'curl' that they go on about... Just a note, my lashes are in between straight/curled. When using Iconin I DON'T need to cur my lashes (finally!) The mascara actually curls and holds it for me! The formula dries quite quickly (non waterproof), so if u get it onto your skin you'd have to get it off right away otherwise it'd be a little harder to remove!
Lashes are separated and defined nicely with hardly any clumps. When compared with LashBlast my lashes look more fanned out, thickened defined with Diorshow Iconic.
No flaking, no smudging with a full days wear.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2009 12:44:00 PM More reviews by renkea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm still trying to find my perfect mascara. Diorshow Iconic seemed VERY promising, but I would just say it's a good mascara and does a good job. The problem is that I can get similar effects with much cheaper ones. I was so disappointing; everybody I knew was telling how wonderful it was...

... not for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2009 9:53:00 PM More reviews by kcornach

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Iconic didn't wow me like I thought it would. I LOVE big, long, fat lashes and this one didn't live up to the hype.

PROS:
- Liked the fat brush. Similar to Benefit Bad Gal Lash's big wand, though Iconic wasn't as good.
- Lengthens a bit while product is new and still "juicy," but not as much as Benefit Bad Gal Lash.
CONS:
- Could not curl lashes when I had applied Iconic to lashes. Stuck to lash curler (I do not mean it just left residue; It was sticky (even after allowing time for it to dry) so I had to tug the curler to get it "unstuck" from my lashes! Curling post-application also caused clumping. (I realize you're supposed to curl lashes before, but I like the dramatic bend by curling AFTER mascara application. This is the only mascara I've used that made doing so impossible.)
- A little clumpy in general.
- Dries out quickly. Doesn't last.
- Expensive (around $27 USD at Sephora.) Pricey for the quality. Better than drugstore brands in some ways but DEF. not as good as other higher-end brands that are cheaper to boot.
Will NOT repurchase. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2009 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Laaadidaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara so much i want to cry!! Honestly this is the mascara which gives my lashes incredible volume and length. Ive previously tried the original Diorshow mascara which is i found to be just okay, afterall it did clump and smudge abit. Im so so happy that i purchased this one instead, the brush is to die for and make clumpy spidery lashes virtually impossible! I have this in the waterproof version and the staying power is amazing..this mascara is quite hard to remove come night time and you will need a good eye makeup remover to do so, but i prefer my eye makeup to have good staying power and not have to worry about it throughout the day and night. The first night which i wore this mascara, i was actually going to wear false lashes instead, but because i was already running late to head out and my boyfriend was getting a tad impatient haha, i skipped the falsies and applied a couple of quick coats of this instead. When my bf came back into the bathroom he looked at me and told me my eyes looked amazing with the false lashes on...haha noo it was all thanks to this mascara, and trust me my bf hardly notices anything makeup related!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2009 7:49:00 PM More reviews by kkelsey987

I am in love with this mascara! I bought the waterproof kind, because most regular mascaras tend to become a runny, smudgy mess on me. But not this one! This lasted through a sweltering summer, 2 weddings, and several days at disneyland. It didnt flake or smudge AT ALL! And taking it off was a breeze. I just use a little bit or purpose face wash and its gone in a flash. Its not clumpy, and it gives me length and volume without looking spidery. I ususally dont splurge on beauty products, but this is my one exception. It is really worth it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2009 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Susanner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm past the point of thinking any mascara will ever curl my very, very long but straight fine lashes but this even drags out the curl that I work so hard to create. The formula just weighs my lashes down no matter how I try to apply it. It is also quite difficult to remove and I'm used to waterproof formulas. Very disappointing and a waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2009 10:59:00 AM More reviews by mrsbookworm

I hate the price, but I love the product! No clumping. Easy application. Long wear. What more can a girl ask for? I will likely buy it again, but it will not be my staple mascara simply because it is too pricey. There are some comparable brands out there that cost less. I'll probably have to stick to my staple MAC ZoomLash ($13 v. Dior's $27) and buy this for special occasions (like the Thanksgiving/Christmas holiday season, for example).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2009 12:20:00 PM More reviews by sbrie011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really love this product. It's great and very natural looking. Applied smooth with no clumps or smudges. Long lasting. Overall pretty good but kind of on the expensive side. Imo it's better then Diorshow.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2009 1:59:00 PM More reviews by henrieka

This is my new HG mascara, and I`m on my 3rd tube of it. I find that it lengthens, separates and adds some volume. As with the other Diorshow mascaras, this can smudge, but only does so on me if it`s raining or my eyes are very watery. I use this everyday - for special occasions I use this first, then add a second coat of voluminizing mascara. Love it!