August 29, 2014 | 1779 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2013 2:20:00 AM More reviews by Pokiloki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This has been my go to mascara for a while now. It actually took me a while to fall in love with(I didn't really bother to try it until I ran out of my Diorshow which I find it pretty comparable to). I think the brush size is great which to me is key in how well a mascara works. It really lifts and separates every lash and looks pretty clean. I really dislike how most mascaras tend to clump lashes together to thicken and elongate them but this plumps and lengthens without doing so.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2013 3:41:00 AM More reviews by Adelemuller

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ugh ew. I used this once and it DID NOT give me volume. Clumped my lashes together and made them look thinner and gross. And made the curl I just did with a curler fall dead straight. I managed to find a use for this though-makes my bottom lashes look gourgouess with very little smudging. But when I run out I will not repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by galactic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely love Colossal mascara, and I'm not really sure why. It stands up to the high end brand I occasionally get minis of, which at ~$20+ I'm not really into buying a full tube. The Volum Express Colossal is honestly one of the first mascaras I've ever bought that I enjoyed for ages. I never got tired of it. The first one I bought was the 7x which literally lasted longer than I should've had it in my makeup bag. I got the 9x today, and I am still absolutely impressed with it. It doesn't clump my lashes together, it's not dry and irritating, it is kind of wet but dries quickly. I've tried others that are really wet and weird, when I blink it'll get all over my eye area and then it'll flake as it dries. I'm not really into that. This one though, it doesn't flake on me, or melt, or clump, or pull my lashes. It's absolutely amazing, especially considering I live in the Texas heat, and I have glasses that attract flecks of makeup like nobody's business.
I accidentally bought the "Glamor Brown" today thinking it was the black, but I'm not disappointed. It's a very, very dark brown that blends well with my strangely dark lashes.

If you're up to giving it a try, go for it. The worst that happens is you're out a couple of bucks, but it really works well for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Blove94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I was hoping to get a lot of volume with this mascara but it didn't live up to it's claims. The formula is very wet at first which makes it hard to apply the mascara because the wand glides over the eyelashes instead of actually grabbing onto the eyelashes. The smell is kind of weird, smells like roses. I noticed some flaking after a couple of hours of wearing this mascara. It doesn't give you the dramatic effect nor a natural effect. I do not recommend this mascara to anyone. But I will say the packaging is what got to me, super cute!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 3:03:00 AM More reviews by meganxoxo1996

I'm surprised by the bad reviews for this mascara! I have 2 favorite mascaras and this is one of them. I have very long but thin eyelashes, and this mascara lengthens and curls them while giving me massive volume. As long as I wipe of the excess product before applying it, I have no problems with clumping . It separates my lashes very nicely. I love the big brush, I feel like I can get all my lashes and make them look awesome. I will repurchase this over and over again!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by sarahwilliams1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was the very first mascara I bought and I have repurchased this mascara over and over again! It really makes my lashes looks 10 times longer and thicker! there was no clumping and no flaking. Also the brush really coats each and every eye lash which I really loved. Definitely will be repurchasing...again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2013 2:04:00 AM More reviews by coritori

I LOVE THIS MASCARA!! It is honestly my favorite. I have very thin lashes and this mascara does wonders for me. It really lifts my lashes and opens my eyes. However I cheat a bit and add accent lashes to the ends but overall this mascara is the best for my short Asian eyelashes. It definitely adds volume!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by IsabellaDarcy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I remember this was the first mascara I ever bought. I really liked it because made my lashes very voluminous. Although I do like it, nothing beats The Falsies mascara :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by mikk524

This mascara works very well for me, i have short and thin lashes and it still gives the dramatic look i love. But be careful buying, the good stuff has the purple writing on the bottle, the one with orange writing is not nearly as good.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by kurtsblainey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this in a whim and with my friends recommendation but i was thoroughly disappointed.I mean it does work fairly well like i'd give it a 3.It gives nicely volume and acceptable amount of length,BUT i noticed after using it a coupla times a LOT more lash-fallout,i mean my lashes were falling down like goddam GoT characters.
sigh.