LUSH Silky Underwear Dusting Powder

4.3

Cornstarch (Zea mays), Kaolin, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Magnesium Carbonate, Perfume, Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides), *Linalool.

on 11/14/2004 10:59:00 PM

It took me awhile to finally try this, as I'm no fan of jasmine, and don't usually use dusting powders. The jasmine in this is quite subtle, though--I smell a creamy vanilla-type scent, and maybe a hint of vetiver. The powder is silky and smooth, and leaves a lingering scent on the skin. The canister this comes in is cute, but a bit difficult to open. I ended up pouring mine into a vintage glass box, and using it with a fluffy down pouf--works much better for me!

on 11/10/2004 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This was one of the first LUSH products I tried, years ago when it was still packaged in a tissue paper bag inside a cardboard box. I still love it! I don't normally like jasmine but for some reason I love all the LUSH things that contain it. The powder is nice and silky with bits of cocoa butter. The cocoa butter bits are the only thing I have against Silky Underwear- sometimes they glom up on your skin with the powder and you have to rub hard to get it to soak in.

on 11/9/2004 5:14:00 PM

Didn't smell as "divine" as I expected it to, but it still smells good...the jasmine is fairly light and there's something else I can't describe...Anyways, I still love it because it leaves your skin silky smooth and softly scented. I just put mine into a different sifter jar and it works great!

on 10/27/2004 4:31:00 PM

The scents is slowly growing in me.
I ordered from lush site after reading of the review here.
When I first receive it, I'm a bit dissapointed -- it is totally different than what I had in mind :)
But after using it for couple of times, I began liking the scents & found that the scents lingered for
quite a long time on me.

on 10/15/2004 6:53:00 PM

When I first received this I didn't like it. It didn't smell nearly as good as I expected it to. However, after using it a few times I have come to really like it. It has a nice, light, feminine scent. Really pretty.

By the way, there is no talc in this powder, which is why I like it Talc is cancerous. Silky Underwear contains cornstarch instead.

on 10/15/2004 3:38:00 PM

I never used talc before, but Lush made me use it! I just love jasmine scents and Silky Underwear smells unique and very sensual.
Excellent on hot days, and a perfect match with Alkmaar Soap by Lush, too.

on 9/18/2004 7:57:00 PM

I'm clearly in the minority here, but I detest the scent of this powder! It reminds me of a yeast-like, old grandmother-type scent. Not exactly my preference. I will give it credit for being silky smooth however.

on 9/8/2004 5:56:00 PM

OK? I haven't reviewed this yet? How can that be? SMELLS DIVINE... sooooo soft and dreamy. Vetiver and jasmine smell fabulous together -- Who knew? they are the yin and yang of scents, perfect together, apparently! Excellent fine milled powder with tiny bits of cocoa butter in it. Never knew I needed powder, but now I do.... can't be without it.

on 9/4/2004 11:04:00 AM

My first Lush product! I have an aversion to jasmine so I wasn't sure if I'd like this; much to my delight, it smells exactly like some delicious sachets I got for my birthday once. Besides loving the smell of this powder, it is very silky, not drying or chalky at all, and the tiny bits of cocoa butter are large enough to do their job, small enough not to be a hindrance. I don't find this keeps me as dry as my Kiehls Sandalwood Powder, but I like what this does to my skin more, and I adore it under my clothes and in my sheets. I live in a hot climate and this is a help in feeling cool and dry.

on 8/31/2004 3:36:00 AM

I love this powder but it does cost quite a bit ($7) and add that to shipping, well, that's just too much.

But I am quite addicted to the nice silky feeling and I love the scent of cocoa butter.

As with most LUSH products, the packaging is very primitive so I chose to remove it from its parmesan cheese-style shaker into a nice tin.

But I would definitely buy this again.