LUSH Silky Underwear Dusting Powder

4.3

Cornstarch (Zea mays), Kaolin, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Magnesium Carbonate, Perfume, Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides), *Linalool.

on 10/15/2004 3:38:00 PM

I never used talc before, but Lush made me use it! I just love jasmine scents and Silky Underwear smells unique and very sensual.
Excellent on hot days, and a perfect match with Alkmaar Soap by Lush, too.

on 9/18/2004 7:57:00 PM

I'm clearly in the minority here, but I detest the scent of this powder! It reminds me of a yeast-like, old grandmother-type scent. Not exactly my preference. I will give it credit for being silky smooth however.

on 9/8/2004 5:56:00 PM

OK? I haven't reviewed this yet? How can that be? SMELLS DIVINE... sooooo soft and dreamy. Vetiver and jasmine smell fabulous together -- Who knew? they are the yin and yang of scents, perfect together, apparently! Excellent fine milled powder with tiny bits of cocoa butter in it. Never knew I needed powder, but now I do.... can't be without it.

on 9/4/2004 11:04:00 AM

My first Lush product! I have an aversion to jasmine so I wasn't sure if I'd like this; much to my delight, it smells exactly like some delicious sachets I got for my birthday once. Besides loving the smell of this powder, it is very silky, not drying or chalky at all, and the tiny bits of cocoa butter are large enough to do their job, small enough not to be a hindrance. I don't find this keeps me as dry as my Kiehls Sandalwood Powder, but I like what this does to my skin more, and I adore it under my clothes and in my sheets. I live in a hot climate and this is a help in feeling cool and dry.

on 8/31/2004 3:36:00 AM

I love this powder but it does cost quite a bit ($7) and add that to shipping, well, that's just too much.

But I am quite addicted to the nice silky feeling and I love the scent of cocoa butter.

As with most LUSH products, the packaging is very primitive so I chose to remove it from its parmesan cheese-style shaker into a nice tin.

But I would definitely buy this again.

on 8/6/2004 11:46:00 AM

Nice light jasmine scent, good for layering under jasmine perfume. This works great in the summer when you want to moisturize but you don't want to be sticky. I think this is especially useful if you want to wear leather pants and it's humid -- the powder helps you get them on! So, between Silky Underwear and leather pants, you will be one hot mama ;)

on 7/31/2004 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Although the price is a bit much (considering i spent 7 for shipping, and the product cost near the same)....i think it is TOTALLY worth it. Before I even opened the jar, there was a little bit of it that seemed to almost 'leak' out (packaging does indeed suck)...but i rubbed the small amount that was on the jar onto my hands and arm, and was flabergasted at how soft i felt!!! and that was just from the dust on the outside!!! The next thing i noticed was the gorgeous scent- it is SOOO beautiful! So if you want to feel like silk, and smell like a goddess- this is definitly the product to buy!!

on 7/19/2004 5:18:00 PM

Love the scent, feels great on. Kind of hard to get on without making a mess though.

Okay so even though I only got this yesterday, I'm already totally in love. The smell is light and fresh, and the texture is devine. My only complaint is that where I live(Italy) it comes in a plastic bag, which means you have to be somewhat creative when applying the powder. So far I'm using a large brush, but I think i'm going to get a powder puff. I also dusted this powder in my sheets, and was greeted with a delicious whiff of it when I climbed into bed last night. I would definatly buy this product again, and in fact, I think I'm going to be buying it for all of my friends.
Later-
Okay so it's been a while since I bought this product, and as much as I wanted to like it, I have to admit that it didn't quite do what I needed it to do. Also, the other day when I was tying a knot in the bag so that I could take it to to mountains with me, I dropped it, and it burst open, causing me to loose about 1/3 of it. Because of this, and the fact that I STILL have sweat between my boobs at the end of the day, i've lowed my rating from 5 stars to 3. I do still like the smell and it makes my skin really soft. I think i'm going to try another one of the dusting powders and see if they can help with the moisture problem.

on 6/21/2004 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This was one of the items in my very first Lush purchase, and it will always be one of my favorites. It is the perfect thing for hot, humid summer weather to keep you feeling fresh and dry. It also has the mist lovely, subtle, feminine scent. It's lovely. I just wish they would package it in a tin, rather than the cheap cardboard tub it comes in.

Top Rated LUSH Products