July 31, 2014 | 1716 users online

Liquid - Shu Uemura - Face Architect Smoothing Fluid Foundation ] [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2008 9:36:00 AM More reviews by BanditKat0824

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautilful fdn. I have at least 25 different fdns - from SKII, LaPrairie, Armani, etc to all drugstore brands - always searching for the perfect application and this is now #1 in my book. The shade, 764, matches my yellow undertoned skin perfectly and covers almost all of my imperfections. I still use Paula Dorf concealer with the BB brush under eyes for dark circles and YSL highliter/concealer on shadows. But as far as good color and coverage, this Shu is it. It's pricey but some not as good are pricier. Try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2008 10:31:00 PM More reviews by anitaeyu

This is a lovely foundation. I tried Shu Uemura's previous formula and found that the coverage was inadequate and it wore off very quickly. Face Architect is a real improvement in both areas. I had been using Prescriptives Virtual Skin in Real Champagne, and although I have yellow undertones, I find Shu foundations starting with 9 or 7 to be TOO yellow for me - it just made my skin look sallow. 564 is an almost perfect match - slighty darker than the Prescriptives Real Champagne and closer to my actual skin tone. The finish is flawless and it wears surprisingly well, even on my oily skin. Hasn't broken me out yet.The pump bottle is brilliant and an extra plus!
    EDIT: I've found that 774 is a better match for my skin, since the foundation does get slightly darker as it wears. Both are beautiful shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2008 6:37:00 PM More reviews by osmosis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product, this is probably the best foundation I've found so far. The texture is devine upon application it's so smooth and sinks right in. That's probably because the colour match was so perfect but make sure you do get a perfect match because there are lots and lots of shades which is good but it also means there's more chance of getting a wrong one I guess. :) Anyway it's not cakey at all and feels very moisturing. I've always had problem with foundations catching dry areas of my face and making the flakes more visible but this is probably the first time this hasn't been an issue. But I made sure I moisturised well. The coverage I would describe as light-medium probably veering more on the medium side. Has a matte finish, but still a bit of a glow. And it feels so smooth on my face I just love feeling it randomly during the day. A superior foundation, definately recommend!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2008 4:32:00 PM More reviews by g_82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros: easy to blend, looks very natural, reasonable staying power, no funny scent, buldable sheer to medium coverage, get compliments while wearing this

Cons: slightly expensive

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2008 6:40:00 PM More reviews by mandycb

This is a gorgeous, gorgeous sheer to medium coverage liquid foundation. Shu Uemura replaced their Water Perfect foundation with this foundation, the Face Architect, and it works so much better. It really does look like my natural skin. Many people have told me they can't tell I'm wearing foundation. I do put it on with a fairly light hand because I have pretty good skin already with just a little redness and unevenness in the cheeks. I use about a half of a pump and blend it in with circular motions using my hands. This foundation does a great job of evening out my skin tone and covering redness and markings. The color is beautiful and the coverage lasts all day. Shu has a great numbering system for foundation colors that helps you pick the color with the correct amount of yellow or red and the correct lightness and darkness. Definitely go try this, but make sure to have a knowledgeable SA help you choose the correct color.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2008 3:21:00 PM More reviews by BlueStars

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Was excited to test this after the good initial reviews here on MUA, but i must say it wasn't as good as expected. Granted it is better than other Shu foundations in terms of staying power and colour selection (974 is a good match for yellow undertoned gals between nc20-nc30) but this cakes quite abit! If you have dry skin steer away! It might look good when its just put on but after an hour or so it pretty much cakes, even for oiler skinned gals this can be a problem.

Such a shame though since it would have been a great foundation with good coverage if it didn't cake.

And the search continues..

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2008 6:49:00 PM More reviews by kozizi

I must say, this is a huge improvement from the previous Shu Uemura foundation Fluid S. I've been using this for about 4 months now, and I love it. I'm using #764 and finally after so many years of searching, and money wasted, this is the perfect shade for my skin tone. It has been so difficult for me to find the right colour foundation because they are usually too orange, too pink, or too beige looking. Sometimes, I will apply the Shu Uemura colour corrector with the foundation. I love the results of this combination, but I don't do this everyday because the colour corrector is very expensive. The foundation coverage can be controlled by applying more or less with your fingertips. To achieve a flawless look, moisturize your face really well before applying the foundation. Overall, I'm really satisfied with the changes to the Shu Uemura foundation - much better coverage and lasting power.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2008 8:22:00 PM More reviews by ralcan01

i tried this on at the counter and the sales rep gave me a sample and i didn't like it at all. for my liking, even the next day with my daily regimen. it's quite heavy for coverage, the rep had to use their new foundation brush to blend it in, to make it not so heavy and the color didn't match, i looked like i had a mask on. here's my notes i was taking on the different foundations when i was on my quest:

Results without lotion: a bit thick looks a bit cakey, from a far it's great however up close you can see imperfections of skin, pores, bumps etc, has a smidge of glow but not oily, worn all day with my lotion and skin looks dull not dewey or refreshed.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2008 4:57:00 AM More reviews by nicci404

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this foundation for 2 months. I stopped using it though. I purchased it at Barney's and I did like it but I noticed it doesn't really have much staying power, had use blotting sheets too often, and I just found out it is not oil free. The lady at Barney's told me it was. I said I wanted an oil free foundation. I was wondering why my face was so more oiler than normal. I do like that the foundation is light and doesn't look like you have make up - very natural. My search continues.. :[

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2008 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Lipglossdoll

I have this is shade #784, and matches my skin tone perfectly. I am a very pale PPP, cool toned, and this is light enough for me.
    It gives moderate coverage, but still natural looking. This is my first Shu foundation, and I am quite impressed!