Chloe Chloe (EDP)

4.2

on 11/16/2010 10:52:00 PM

This is my favourite perfume!!! I've bought many perfumes before I discovered Chloe, and it has become my signature scent. It smells light, fresh, floral and sweet all at the same time. I wear it to sleep too, very calming to me. I don't really like the packaging though, the metal part of my bottle has oxidized on the surface, and I've seen this happen to others as well. But that will not stop me from loving this perfume. My bf loves it, and I get compliments on it too. My sis hates it though. I think scents are really a personal preference thing so to each their own. I hope nobody else around me falls for it because I want to smell unique!! Hahaha joking >_^

I ordered this unsniffed (not too smart, I know), so the incentive was STRONG for me to like this one. On paper the notes sounded right up my alley. The long and short of it is: I could not make myself stomach this fragrance. For awhile I thought there must be something wrong with MY nose, that I was just not "getting it," but seeing some other reviews reaffirmed the truth to me. Chloe smells like it is made from the cheapest materials known to perfumery. Harsh, ultra-synthethic, not even pleasant. This has never really happened to me...I am no perfume snob and can enjoy or at least appreciate most scents, high or low end. But I am simply baffled that anyone can like this. And now I'm stuck with a full bottle. For those of you who like this, more power to you, but for those considering it, PLEASE try before you buy!

on 11/16/2010 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Almost a pure rose soliflore. But. . . . this is made from roses snipped from a metallic sculpture. Cold, synthetic and annoying chemicals. I shiver just thinking about it. Not worth buying at any price, let alone the inflated price that this costs. Anyone who thinks this is a lovely fragrance has never smelled truly beautiful perfume. Run don't walk! Ick!

on 11/16/2010 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have this in the EDP version, and it is a nice rose scent. Sephora lists the notes as follows:

Top notes: Pink Peony, Freesia, Lychee,
Middle notes: Magnolia Flower, Lily of the Valley, Rose,
Base notes: Cedarwood, Amber, Honey

This fragrance lasts all day on me, and I only use one spritz. It is not a stuffy rose, but a nice, clean rose. The peony really comes through on me, too, which I especially love, as I believe is what makes the rose so fresh smelling. The base notes never really come through too strongly, either - the fresh rose scent just lasts and lasts (which I like).

I also adore the bottle - it is heavy and well made, and the top is silver plated.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Love love this perfume!
Lasts all-day
Not too strong
The scent is so wonderful.
My favorite perfume so far!

on 11/7/2010 6:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

at first i LOVED this.. first perfume i paid full price for.. it did smell a little chemical-ish to me, but i didn't think it was so bad... until i actually bought it, i've gotten 5 comments in the mere 3 days i've had it saying that i smell like scrubbing bubbles, dish soap, mr clean, etc etc.... sooo disappointed! now all i can smell is cleaning chemicals when i spray it!

on 10/25/2010 10:28:00 PM

love love love the scent. it practically knocked off my Chanel Mademoiselle off its perch. the sweet floral scent with a hint of fruitiness makes it a perfect all occassion fragrance. The only drawback is it price.

on 10/25/2010 9:40:00 AM

I love this Perfume ! It smells clean and beautifully !

on 10/21/2010 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I love this scent. Smells just like a bunch of clean, fresh, spring florals. The staying power on this is incredible. I sprayed a little bit on a lace and tied it around my keychain and 2 months later people can still smell it on the lace on the keychain.
This is one of my favourite scent yet, its not musky (at least to me) and its not overpowering even though its strong, such a delight to sniff. I would only use this perfume during the cooler days of spring, always get compliments about it which I love. It is very pricey, but usually one spritz last forever even after you wash your clothes. I think this is a perfume that should be in everyone's collection.

on 10/20/2010 9:17:00 AM

Why would anyone bring out a perfume that smells like toilet cleaner?

Popular Fragrances