MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus

4.2

on 10/1/2009 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I like this. It's very average, but there's nothing wrong with it. I put a Yes under repurchase just because it's a good stable product, but I'll definitely be looking in the drugstore department for another basic foundation powder, because that's just what this is.

on 9/30/2009 12:29:00 AM

this product reminds me of mac's blot powder and i must say that this product is convinient and it can travel. i recommend it for on the go and quick applying. it gives you a satin finish and makes your skin look flawless. ONLY IF... you apply an undercoat first.

on 9/29/2009 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I just want to start of with saying I am a MAC fan. I love all things MAC. When I started wearing their products a couple of years ago I was searching for a foundation that would cover my red patches on my cheeks and wouldnt make me look pinkish. I also have dryness in the winter. That being said, MAC Mineralize Skinfinishes are by far the best products I have ever used. This specific powder has no traces of pink, it evens out my skintone. The red patches disappear, and there is no dryness from the powder. Unlike other mineral products, this is not powdery looking on the skin. Very silky and natural. Hence the name. I use this as a setting powder and alone for everyday use. It works great both ways. If you want something mineral, for every day, not heavy or messy, this is the product for you. I am an NC 30 in Mac Mineralize Satinfinis Foundation.

Grading:
I gave this a 5 because I love everything about it!

Price is 4 because its on the costly side for a face powder

Packaging is a 5 because its easy to spot, clear top, and its not too bulky.

I am NC40 and wear the MSF Natural in medium plus. I had my makeup done at MAC and the wonderful SA used Studuo Sculpt fdtn in NC 40 and finished with this MSF and it looked really nice. I use this powder with everything from TM to full cover cream foundations and makes everything look great. It gives a polished finish and blends in wonderfully. It gives more coverage than a finishing/transculent powder, but not heavy like a powder foundation. It doesn't sit on the skin and look dry and chalky. It gives a finish to my skin that makes everything blend together and look seamless. I can wear this over my TM and look fresh and healthy when I'm not in the mood to use my whole workday makeup routine (TM or moisturizer + primer + foundation + concealer + blush + etc). I have an active/physical job and spend much of my time outdoors. I can touch up with this powder and it never looks cakey or chalky. I haven't had any skin problems with it nor does it oxidize. The only gripe I have is that the compact doesn't come with a mirror. Otherwise, this is perfect. HG and will definitely repurchase.

on 9/25/2009 3:28:00 AM

GREAT product! I love how fresh it makes me look and the finish is wonderful. It's natural looking, non-cakey and lasts almost all day, I retouch maybe once a day? This is a definite recommendation!

on 9/20/2009 12:12:00 AM

I love love love this! I got it as a recommendation because I didn't think the price was great for a sheer powder, but WOW. I use it as a setting powder over Clinque Superfit, and the finish is absolutely lovely. I'm not very oily, but I do have some trouble with my T-zone. After about 6 hours or so blotting is probably a good idea, but it doesn't look horrible either. I apply it with a kabuki brush and buff it, and yeah I can't say enough good things about it. I'll repurchase again as soon as i'm out, defiantly a HG.

on 9/18/2009 3:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Great setting powder for liquid foundation. Lightweight. Can never look cakey no matter how much you put. A nice matte finish especially for people with oily skin

Need I say more? I love this stuff :) Will definitely repurchase once I'm done with my current one!

on 9/16/2009 10:19:00 PM

I never intended on buying this, but I was at MAC one day, and the MA used this over a concealer she tried on me. I had heard raves about the MSF natural, so I decided to buy it. I am so glad I did! I have used it over a liquid foundation as a setting powder, and on its own. It works great both ways. Today I used it by itself as foundation, and my skin looked great. I am an NC25, for reference. It does not break me out. I feel the coverage is excellent, and I have pretty uneven skintone. I would repurchase.

EDIT: The MUA used the wrong shade on me. It is too dark. She should have used just the medium shade.

on 9/11/2009 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I recently started wearing pressed powder. I've always worn liquid, or powder over liquid, but never powder alone. I have oily skin and I like the light feel of it, so I decided to wear this alone one day. It gave excellent coverage and it looks really good! The price range is just right too! The only downside to this is.. it broke me out horribly! It made me have all these little bumps all over the chin area! After I take if off at night, the pimples reduce and it's better in the morning, but I really think I'm going to try another product!

on 9/11/2009 2:43:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Love it! Thereīs nothing wrong you can do with this product to make it look bad itīs just amazing!

Recommended for Normal Skin