L'Oreal Infallible Lip Gloss

3.5

Trimethylsiloxyphenyl dimethicone, octyldodecanol, isododecane, acrylic acid/isobutyl, acrylate/isobornyl acrylate copolymer, squalane, polybutene, silica dimethyl sililate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, isopropylparaben, butylparaben, isobutylparaben, arginine pca, tocopheryl acetate, pentaeryththrityl tetraisostearate, calcium sodium borosilicate, hydroxypalmitoyl sphinganine, synthetic fluorphlogopite, polyehtylene terephthalate, polymethyl methacrylate, tin oxide, sodium chondroitin sulfate, atelocollagen, parfum.

on 4/9/2008 3:27:00 PM

I like this a lot! I'm a big fan of lipgloss, but most of them have absolutely no staying power, so this is just what I was looking for. I don't even mind the stickiness. The reason I took off one lippie is because the color you get on your lips is much lighter than the one you see in the tube - I bought Blush, which looks like a medium pink but is actually a pale pink.

on 4/8/2008 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really am hooked on this lipgloss. It doesn't look the same after 6 hours of course, but it actually still looks good. I don't need to reapply it for at least a good 4 hours, and the stickiness wears off a lot, and the colors are beautiful. (I have Modern Mauve and Truffle.) All my other glosses and lipsticks are being neglected because this is so easy and so pretty and soft looking. I'll probably never go back to long-wearing lipstick or gloss.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I kind of love this lipgloss. It's not perfect by any means, and doesn't even do all that it claims on the packaging, but I really like this product. I bought one in Undeniable Mauve when these first came out, and liked it enough that I ended up buying two more in Fiery and Raisin. I'm particularly fond of Fiery and Indeniable Mauve, and find myself reaching for them often.

To start off with, no, the lipgloss does not last 6 hours. But I didn't really expect it to so that wasn't a big deal. I don't think I've found a long-wear lipcolor yet that lasts on me even close to what the product claims. So I bought this hoping that I'd find a color that would last at least 2-3 hours (normal gloss lasts maybe 45-90 minutes), and this did it. It lasted on me at least as well as a good lipstick, and so it did as much as I had hoped it would. The color in this product typically lasts about 3-5 hours on me, though the shine/glossiness lasts about 60-90 minutes. It is not budge proof, but I can talk and eat with it on and it stays on. It also wears evenly which is good news. A lot of longwearing lipcolors tend to get patchy after a few hours.

The colors are sheer but buildable. A lot of longlasting lipcolors are a nightmare if you try to apply more than one coat . I haven't experienced that with this one. The lipgloss is also a bit sticky, but no more so than most lipglosses IMO. The stickiness is just *different* than most glosses. It's the sort of tackiness you experience with most liquid long lasting lipcolors, though not as severe here. With a lot of longlast lipsticks (MAC's, Maybelline's Max Factor, etc.), the tackiness is so strong that I can't comfortably wear them without some sort of gloss coat on top. I don't have that problem here. It's tacky, but not unpleasant. The color offerings for this product are pretty good too. I have 3 already and would consider buying more.

Overall, my only complaints with this product are that the glossiness fades long before the color does AND that it's pretty pricey for a drugstore lipgloss. Thankfully it's fairly easy to find these on sale.

on 4/6/2008 7:11:00 PM

AWFUL. You need to apply at least 2 coats to get it to look like anything. No shine. Bad applicator. Lasts for about 3 minutes. Extremely expensive for a drugstore lipgloss. I am returning mine.

on 4/2/2008 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Sticky, sticky, sticky. Did not last at all; came off as soon as I ate something or wiped my mouth. The color Sangria was a great match for me but I was disappointed that this product performed so poorly. For about $10, it isn't worth it. Just buy regular gloss.

on 4/2/2008 11:19:00 AM

I bought this in "rebel red" and I love the color. It is hard for me to wear reds (fair skin, blonde) but this goes on kind of sheer and very pretty. The packaging is sleek, I like the applicator as well. I don't find the smell to be overpowering. However, this is SO sticky on the lips, my lips were sticking to each other, to my coffee cup, hair etc. The gloss did not last 6 hours (random number!) but the color did and it did not dry out my lips. Mostly this is a good product but I wouldn't buy it again because I can't get over the sticky mouth.

on 3/31/2008 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I have this in Sangria and the color is a perfect match of a Nars shade I usually wear (Stella). I like the packaging and the applicator although I'm still playing around with it to figure out the best way to apply the gloss. I like that it stays put and doesn't bleed like a lot of other glosses I've tried. The downside is that it doesn't last for six hours. If you eat or drink it will come off like regular gloss. The glossiness fades and you're left with a nice color but if you expect glossy lips for six hours then you'll be disappointed. I haven't experienced any pilling with this. I'm not crazy about the smell either but it's not the worst. I'd buy it again because it matches my Nars shade but is a lot cheaper.

on 3/30/2008 4:14:00 AM

I got this in 105 Petal. I usually don't wear glosses because they're too sticky, but I thought the color was so pretty, I just had to buy it.

One thing I really liked about this was the teardrop applicator. It went on smooth and easily- I prefer this over the brush or oval shaped ones.

The downfall? I was disappointed the color was slightly sheerer than I had thought, which defeated the purpose of why I had bought it. It was also super sticky. When I smack my lips together it stuck and slowly separated ><; I agree with the other reviewer that this is best worn when you have your hair in an up-do. Also, I got it for about 12 bucks, but it FEELS like a gloss that's worth 6. The smell of the gloss doesn't do much justice either.

However, despite all of the negatives, it still does look pretty. And because of that, I'm on the fence on whether I want to return it or not. But one thing I AM sure of, is I'm not going to repurchase this. I've tried better glosses.

on 3/28/2008 3:52:00 PM

i bought this in "barely nude" and "undeniable mauve" during CVS BOGOF sale. the color selection is quite good, but not unique; i really like the applicator; and the color when first applied is really nice. however, the gloss smells like chinese herb medicine which i don't like and the gloss feels tacky (not just sticky, but tacky) after application. it also doesn't last anywhere close to 6 hours. in fact, it doesn't last any longer than the average gloss. i also experienced a little bit of piling. but the most irksome part of the gloss is the tackiness, which remains on the lips just as long as the gloss does. i just can't get over that. i actually disliked this enough to return it. won't be buying again.

on 3/27/2008 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love this product, I am darker toned and I bought 715 the Raisin color and it not only looks great on me, it last forever. Like the rater before me, put it on let it set and it is on for 6 hours or more. I almost forgot I had it on, thinking after drinking coffee and a pepsi, my usual gloss is gone but not this one.

Recommended for Medium Skin