October 24, 2014 | 1687 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2007 10:02:00 PM More reviews by nglilikhanh

This product doesn't cover well and doesn't last that long. It looks okay for the first 10 minutes or so but after that it all fades away. I would say it doesn't work as well as I thought it would.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2007 6:28:00 PM More reviews by hyperhoops

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I purchased the tan/medium tan intro kit this past summer. I wanted to try a new foundation, especially after I read how studio fix screws up your skin.

THE BAD
1) This product is very messy. It does get better over time, but I hate how it gets everywhere! To remedy the problem, I took out the sifters and placed tape on to cover all the holes except for 1-3 of them (1 for warmth and 3 for mineral veil and foundation)

2) I didnt like having to swirl in the cover of the jar, so I took out the white plastic part based since others have recommended it. This also adds to the mess. Thankfully I did not throw away the white parts.

3) I always break out whenever I use this. I never broke out from using studio fix.

4) The brushes in the intro kit were very scratchy. I didn't like it, so I tried using my 129sh brushes. This helped, but I wish i had a better brush to use.

5) I looked shiny at the end of the day.

6) I wore this during the summer, so I would sweat. Sweat + Bare Minerals = ITCHY FACE!!

7) It was tricky to find the right color. After trying tan, med. tan and warm tan, I was matched as a warm tan. But I decided to get the tan/med tan kit bc it would be cheaper than buying everything separately. Then i bought the warm tan after having the kit for a week. Big mistake. Warm tan was too dark on me at home. poop. It also made me look like I was flustered. Not a great look to have. Finally med. tan plus a pinch of tan worked for me, but I was not interested in mixing everyday.

8) The coverage isnt so great. I do not have bad acne scarring, but there are some scars left. Even using the concealer brush did not help. THe only way for it to really work was to layer it on.

Now for THE GOOD
1) It evened out my skintone and made me looked polished. yay! That is what I really want in a foundation

2) I don't feel like I have a mask on my face.

3) The box makes a great place to store makeup if you dont have a little traincase.

So overall, I will defintiely not repurchase. I also think it has made my skin look gross and older. =(

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2007 2:36:00 PM More reviews by mbloom

I got lost in all the hype too and tried this. It was very messy and made my skin break out. I have since had much better luck with the L'Oreal version.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2007 12:23:00 PM More reviews by misspinupgirl620

Let me start off by saying, I work Ulta,a makeup store, that carries the BE line and has for quite some time now. I realized after starting there this product line had become very demanded but i was really hesistant to use it because of the appearance. I'm one of the makeup artist there so i kind of got the jist of the application fast and seen how beautiful it looked on other people so I figured I would try it. Soon after I purchased the starter kit. Bad idea, not thinking most of the women i had put it on were a little more aged (30-50) i didnt think how it would look on my sking being a little more oily, sensitized, and prone to breakouts. The time i had purchased it i had been at a steady clear point(about 4-6 months after clearing up almost all of my acne) Soon after application i noticed so many cysts forming on my cheeks and chin area and i knew this wasnt right. I was constantly being reassured(and trained for that matter) that your skin is simply "purging" and taking in the great ingredients of BE. Rightt, bismuth oxychloride is one of the harshest irritants and i knew that had a great deal to do with it. Not only that but if you have any pimples, the amount of mica in it leaves a gray shiny cast almost all over any scarring or pimples its horrible. And mineral veil, lets not even get into that. The corn starch just killed my skin. I'll never buy again, and i try so hard to steer customers clear of its negative effects

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2007 11:25:00 PM More reviews by silylily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been wanting to try this for years and after talking to two people at work who swear by it I finally decided to take the plunge. At first I tried it without watching the DVD the came with the set. I hated it. Then I tried it again after watching the DVD and have loved it ever since. Their definately is a technique to the application that takes some getting used to. I got the hang of it and now I am quite a fan. The brushes that come with it are terrible quality, but thet do help in the application. I use the full coverage buki brush because I have freckles to cover up. It does a really good job at covering up redness and you can build the coverage easily without it looking cakey. I use the fairly light which is perfect for my pale skin and strawberry blonde hair. Overall, I love it and would purchase again and thanks to the DVD I want to buy the eye and cheek color products as well.
P.S. I picked up a tip from the dvd, they used the warmth that comes with the kit and blended it with their chapstick to make a tinted balm. I improvised and added some into my rosebud salve pot and it came out wonderfully. You can add as little or a much as you want to get the right tint. It's great! Update!!! I just repurchased and now cannot live without BE foundation and my collection is growing!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2007 10:22:00 PM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This has to be one of the most over-hyped products I've ever used.....First off all, its a great big mess....everytimes you swirl, tap, buff, you make a hugh mess.....secondly, the brushes that comes with the product are very low quality (if you buy the intro. kit). All of this could be overlooked if the product actually did what is said, but it doesn't. It sat in every line that I don't even have. It made me look like an over-powdered 80 year old woman, it was terrible, plus I am a light olive skin tone and none of the powders match, they all made me look orange. Don't believe the mineral hype.......If you break out try Maybelline Purestay foundation in the compact. It is the best thing I've ever found and I don't know why I stray from it, the color range is great, the coverage is great, it doesn't break me out.....I always go back to it, its my HG foundation!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2007 9:31:00 PM More reviews by redhair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was the first mineral makeup I ever used. It covers moderately, but it has this weird shine to it - and I don't mean a refreshing glow - it looks more like you're a made up corpse. And I never could find a shade that was right for my skin tone. Costs a fortune too. If you're looking for a mineral makeup try Alima cosmetics. They look so much more natural, have about a million different colors to choose from (organized by undertone - cool, warm, neutral, etc.), are cheaper, and you can get dirt cheap sample sizes to try out! Plus they're even better for your skin - no bismuth.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2007 5:11:00 AM More reviews by Britannia8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Awful. None of the colors matched my skin. The lightest shade was too pink and the next lightest shade was too dark. It made me very greasy and shiny, clogged my pores, and made me break out. Most people I know totally love this stuff, so I think it ts a good product that just doesn't work for me

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2007 4:43:00 PM More reviews by pinkne0nstars

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i bought this after hearing so many good things about it. i bought it expecting my face to clear up because my friend's face cleared up after using this foundation. about a month after i started using it my face started breaking out worse than it usually does (i've always had oily acne-prone skin). i didn't think it was from this makeup until about 5 months after using it. so now thanks to bare minerals, my face has terrible acne scars and way too many pimples. i wish i never used this make up!! also this foundation and the mineral veil didnt really absorb oil and my face was oily when wearing this.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2007 More reviews by jessamine20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had breakouts with this too!!!!! and yes, not a great deal of cover. I have now switched to jrminerals and my skin has cleared tremendously; much better than the bare escentuals range. I was so dissapointed with this stuff after everything I'd heard.