August 2, 2014 | 1001 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2007 2:14:00 PM More reviews by missy24680

Great foundation, powder, blush, concealer.. all products are in a league of their own. This is a very different type of makeup, if used correctly very successful. I started using this 7 years ago when i saw it on an infomercial, and then i had acne, and this got me through a lot!! great natural coverage... its a good idea to watch the video of this. i use all the blushes today.. they give a very healthy glow.. every person is different waht works for one may not work for another but this product is definately worth it to try out!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2007 1:05:00 PM More reviews by JaeMann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the worst thing I have ever put on my face. I looked worse with it on than I did without any makeup at all. I suppose if you have perfectly textured skin with only coloration issues, this might work for you. Every single line (and thousands I didn't know I had) popped out. Without makeup I look about 25. With this on I looked about 40. Not only that but I only have 3 reasons to wear foundation. Dark circles, two acne scars, and a scar near my lip. All three were visible with this on. I didn't wear it long enough to know about drying out or how long it stays. I washed it off after about 4 hours. I would have washed it off sooner if I was at home.
Also, the makeup was applied in store by one of their technitions. So I know it wasn't an issue of how it was applied.
I am amazed at how many women older than I were in the store. Considering it drew out every bump and line, I would assume it would only be popular among the very young.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2007 1:44:00 AM More reviews by boscardin

I bought this in the medium/medium beige version. I noticed that a few of my friends were using BE. At first, I was afraid that you could tell the significant difference in the powder's shade and my natural shade because that happens to my roommate, but after watching the DVD (I wanted to make sure I was doing it properly) and applying it myself, I realized that it doesn't have to have a big difference.

What I don't like is the packaging. I mean, I love the little circles, but when I want to take it with me, say to the gym, all the powder comes out and sits there on the top level, which makes it easier to spill over should the circle fall (and yes, that did happen to me and yes, I lost quite a bit of powder). So, be careful if you plan to take these on the go.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2007 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Christina88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I normally don't use foundation, but I do occasionally use some to cover up a blemish or two. I was told to use this by one of my friends so I purchased the starter kit which I got half price:). I really like how it looks on me, its very natural looking on my skin. The only thing I don't like about this foundation is the fact that this spills. I find it all over my makeup bag. Overall it's a good foundation and I would buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2007 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Dolce222

After hearing so many good things about BE foundation, I decided to give it a try. I bought the BE fairly light/light set. At first I loved it because it was so easy to apply and didn't take long to put it on. Although it made my face look cakey and thick, I didn't think of it much because I was told that this is actually good for your face from the sales lady. Unfortunately, my skin (that I used to get complemented for all the time for being clear and nice) started to break out very badly after using this product. I didn't know it was because of the foundation at first so kept using it but changed all my other skincare products...Only when I stopped using the BE foundation that my skin cleared up completely. I guess the product is not good for everyone. I definitely won't buy again.

After trying it again years later, I still get really itchy and red with the product.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2007 1:26:00 AM More reviews by ticabastos

I love the eye shadow and powder eyeliner, as well as the brushes. I bought the "bare Gold" kit from QVC and this was my first time trying this line, but not my first time trying mineral makeup. I did not like the mineral veil--I tried it and it made my face look so dry and overly made up. Given the price and how it made me look as if I had caked on my makeup, well, let's just say I won't be buying the foundations or face powders again. But I will definitely repurchase the eye shadows and powder eyeliner--I love them! The lipstick isn't too bad, either--leaves my lips silky soft and smooth. However, I still prefer lancome when it comes to lipstick.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2007 12:39:00 AM More reviews by carela11

I have darker/ medium complexion with yellow undertones. I found it was very hard to match. The colors that were in my range were to pink. Then the only yellowish one was too lite. Also I find that it doesn't flatter my complexion at all. It doesn't provide the coverage that I need. I also found it messy. Had several accidents when trying to apply it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2007 9:12:00 PM More reviews by darlingbabygirl

Is this really "mineral?" My face looked really cakey and oily. It was practically melting on my face. I don't understand the hype at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2007 7:40:00 PM More reviews by krazykhaled

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not getting the hype. First of all, it was hard to find a match for my skin. Either too light, too dark, most were too pink and the others were too orange. After blending two of them, and applying it, the skin on my forehead looked like it was peeling. The skin on my forehead is usually oily, and that had never happened to me with and other mu. Sleep with this on? I'm not sure I want to go out with this stuff on!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2007 3:28:00 PM More reviews by HeffnerMM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Meh, so what about hype? Who cares about the purity or whatever? I could care less what is or is not in BE. I don't like their infomercials, and I don't think their product is meant for everyone- darker ladies and older ladies with dry, flakey skin. I do know that I like it. It doesn't hold back the oilies, but no foundation on the market does that for me. I don't care about the SPF since I use it in differing amounts every day. It does not make me itch or make me look shiny or shimmery. I can build coverage easily without it looking clumpy, but I can do this with pretty much any powder foundation. I can use it over my cream concealers and BE does not build up or wipe them away like a liquid of cream would. And my number one reason- it is FAST. I could use a compact powder foundation, if I found the right color, and I would have no problem with switching. At the moment I am loving BE and also Fyrinnae's mineral foundation. I see little to no difference between the two. I will probably not buy any more BE once my rather large supply dwindles, but if I swapped for it or I received it as a gift, I would use it.