Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals ALL

2.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 12.6%, Zinc Oxide 21%. Inactive Ingredients: Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide

on 11/13/2007 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

nc25 and i was able to swap for LIGHT. i remember trying this years ago and just didn't like it much at the time since i felt it didn't have enough coverage for me so i had given it to my mom and she loved it. i decided to give it another try since i had a chance to swap for it and this time around i love it. makes my skin look so flawless. has just enough coverage w/out making it look cakey. lasts a long time too. when i wear this i get compliments on how flawless my skin looks and am asked what i wear if any. could be my new hg. tempted to try other mineral makeup brands tho. lol. nothing wrong w/ this...i'm just makeup crazy and am the type to try many before settling. haha.

on 11/12/2007 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Sadly, I wore bare minerals fairly light 1.2 foundation for about 2 years before I finally caught a glimpse of myself in full sun in the summer... yikes!!! This stuff oxidizes horribly - I looked like an oompa loompa. It was the first mineral makeup I tried, and I stuck with it despite the fact that it sweated off, caked up, and made my face itch (I hated liquid foundation that much more). I recently discovered everyday minerals and was finally able to kick BE to the curb.

on 11/12/2007 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have acne-prone skin and this product works well for me because it does not make me break out like some other foundations do. I like it for that reason. but none of their shades match my skin good, they all give my face a whitish appearance to it and the holes in the containers are way too big, it always spills everywhere.

on 11/10/2007 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

First off: The color selection is just terrible. If you are pale, or dark, forget about it! Not to mention there is only one formula, when there are so many different types of skin out there. Bare minerals is overpriced and low quality. If you're looking for the best mineral makeup, try everydayminerals instead! They have free samples, great color selection and prices, not to mention it works a million times better than this garbage.

on 11/10/2007 6:05:00 PM

I never had a very good color match with B.E. I was literally right in between faily light and light, but I have such an unmatchable skin tone anyways (always had problems finding the perfect color), so that is not entirely B.E.'s fault. The powder can get cakey, and it never looked completely flawless...the more I buffed the more it would bring out the dry flakes in my skin. It also made my skin look very shiny, which are some of the main complaints I've heard from other people too. Urban Decay Surreal Skin Mineral Makeup is comparable, and it does not leave a shiny finish but more matte, it has good coverage, and is put on with a powder puff instead. It's better than B.E., but still not the best I've ever used.

Overall, B.E. just didn't work for me no matter how much I really really wanted it to, and kept going back to it. I love the idea of a powder foundation, but as of now, the search for the perfect one is still on.

on 11/10/2007 2:14:00 PM

Women should really understand what thay are putting on their skin when using products containing Bismuth Oxychloride. To be fair BE is not the only mineral makeup line to use this, Bismuth Oxychloride is considered a mineral but is not found in the earth! It is a BYPRODUCT of LEAD and COPPER processing and is considered a SKIN IRRITANT ! EW not something I personally want on my skin. My neighbor had flawless [ really] skin and after using BE is still trying to return it to that state. I fortunately reacted right away with a red, itchy rash and stopped using it .Bismuth Oxychloride is also used in many liquid foundations and other makeup products.

on 11/10/2007 12:26:00 PM

I was really surprised that this product did so poorly on MUA; but after reading the reviews I realize that the only reason why BM gets bad reviews is because it doesn't agree with some people's skin and not because the product is not good.

I switched over from my liquid foundation and have been using this for over a month now. I am NC35-40 and I use Medium Tan. It am so surprised at how long lasting this is. I put it on at 8 in the morning and it is still there at 2 am the next morning, without any touchups. It feels sooooo natural - when i used the liquid foundation I always had desires to wash my face around 3 pm but with this i never remember that i have it on...it's true, you do use less and less of it the more you use it

My skin wasn't bad before but I think liquid foundation made my naked face look like the living dead - I would be really insecure about going places without makeup, but since I started using BM I have liked how my naked face looks more too

I apply this with my 182 kabuki and find that I don't really have to do the whole tapping thing (oh well, less wasted product) it just glides on perfectly. There is a ton of product, I really don't forsee using the full-size up within a year, but if i do i will definitely buy again.

The first time I used this, I thought it was the worst product out there, but when I finally learned to use it right, I know think it's one of the best products out there. I have really dry/sensitive skin and I have been using this product for 3 years now. It actually improved my skin, I don't break out and I get compliments on my "flawless" skin. I tried liquid foundation for dry skin, but it always ends up irritating my sensitive skin and it dries my skin out more. At least with Bare Minerals, it doesn 't dry out my skin. The wear time is short though. I would like to try their primer to see if it makes the foundation last longer. Anyway, this isn't for everyone just like every other product out there, some will like it and others won't. The key to make this work is to blend really well and just put on a little amount, layering accordingly.

on 11/10/2007 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I just could not get used to this product. I have dry skin, so I moisturized, used the primer that they sell and than tried the bare escentuals again but I came out with my face looking dry, powder in the creases and just horrible I cannot understand the hype about this product . Anyone with dry skin is so much better wearing a light weight moisturinzing liquid foundation which spreads easily and is not drying. I will not buy that product again.

on 11/10/2007 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

NOT for women with dry skin. My skin started burning after using this product.After a couple weeks, I stopped using the salicylic base given with it. Thought that would do it. Nope. Thought it might be the harsh brushes. Nope not that either! It really didn't do much for my sun damged skin either, I sooooo wanted to like it. Damn, back to the drawing board! And my skin is still burning, derm said no makeup for at least a week!! Don't know if that is possible!