October 2, 2014 | 1135 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Benetint

rated 3.6(2009 reviews)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2002 9:05:00 PM More reviews by lilou

This product works very well for me. 2 dots of it on each cheeks give me a very natural flush. I also use this on lips (lightly though) and I love the light pink color I get from it. A good product for a natural effect (at least on me).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2002 1:24:00 PM More reviews by sedge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hardly need to buy this product again, as I have had the same bottle for 3 years. I like the way Benetint manages to lighten and brighten my dull complexion in the winter and highlight any glancing sun-color I get in the summer. Somehow, it manages to make rosy without making pink, red, orange -- the tricks normal blushes do that make me look clownish.

However, I wish there were an easier way to apply it. I hate the brush, and end up dabbling little drops on my fingers and smearing. The sponge that was included is totally worthless. The pigment is so strong that I run around with beet-y fingers the rest of the day (sidebar -- perhaps the same effect could be achieved by smearing a beet on the cheek?).

Still, the product stays on a long time, seemingly lasts forever, and adds a pleasant color -- so like a blush it looks real. Just be sure to apply to non-blemished parts of skin, as the fast-holding pigment can get into dry cracks or splits and make you look a bit like you have some terrible facial ringworm or the like.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2002 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Rascal

I've tried to make this product work but I've given up. I've seen this on others and it always looks so natural. This dries before I get a chance to blend it out and I'm left looking like a clown. Makeup application should be fun. This product was just way to much work for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2002 11:55:00 AM More reviews by jennakstar

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This gave a nice flush to my pale skin and is long-lasting but you should only use this if you have nice moist flake-free skin or the product won't go on smoothly.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2002 7:09:00 PM More reviews by sls99

It dries so quick that it is hard to blend on your cheeks but it is okay for lips.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2002 1:51:00 AM More reviews by oneofmylies99

The color did not show up on me very well, though I imagine it would work well for fairer skin tones. Applying this was also difficult and messy, this will take some time to learn to use. i would not purchase this product again. $26 USD

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2002 11:02:00 AM More reviews by 2westies

This product works best for me on no-foundation days, over bare, very moisturized skin. You just need to learn how to "paint" on tiny dots of product and blend instantly. If you wait, or your skin is dry, the colored liquid sinks right in and won't blend. It gives a totally natural flush of color. Don't bother using as a lip stain, it doesn't last.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2002 3:47:00 AM More reviews by MightyPen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually received this item in a swap and could not for the life of me figure out what it was supposed to do. I tested it lightly at home, then tested one generously at a department store and it just didn't do a thing for me. I put it back up for swap. I think this item is a waste and only works for, like, less than 10 percent of the people who buy it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2002 8:41:00 PM More reviews by ommerle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Over 50 here: I reviewed this product negatively the first time around, but have decided that as a blush (not as lip tint) it is very good if one isn't planning on wearing foundation and "the works." Wish Bonne Bell would bring back their much more reasonably priced gel blushes (came in a small tubes) that were available in the late 70s/early 80s. Benetint is really wa-a-ay too expensive, but these days they can ask for the money because there's no similar product out there, really.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2002 11:36:00 AM More reviews by MeditativeRose

I had trouble getting this to work for me. I don't know if it was the technique or what, but a) it was pretty bright pink, and b) I couldn't get it blended, so it looked streaky. The nail polish brush wasn't helpful at all, and I had a terrible time with this product. Plus, it was hard to remove.