July 30, 2014 | 1802 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2010 6:33:00 AM More reviews by ladyinsane25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an absolutely amazing product and it is worth the hype in every way. I live in Hong Kong where we are deprived of UD :( So I got a friend to send it over from London. It cost her 27 pounds (HK$320) and it is absolutely worth it in terms of price.

It comes with 12 neutral colours, including nudes, golds, browns, greys, pinks, silvery shades and purples. I think you can have a look at the photo and get a good idea of the colours. There are also a number of reviews online. It comes with a double ended eyeliner and a baby UDPP.

The packaging of this is lovely. It's a nice and sleek palette with a velvet brown lid and the word NAKED written in gold lettering. Inside there is a little compartment for the eyeliner and of course the 12 beautiful shadows.

The one thing I HAVE TO commend UD on is the quality of these shadows. I kid you not - they are AMAZING. Normally I swipe my finger across an eyeshadow several times to get a good swatch. With this, one swipe is literally all you need. Even if you do ONE TAP you'll get a pigmented color. Basically, the pigmentation is AWESOME. Also, the shadows are so soft and buttery. I just need to tap my brush in the shadows once or twice and it goes a long way.

I feel like there are more useful reviews out there for more detail but all I want to say is - If you're thinking about getting this palette, stop thinking and buy it. I don't think you can find better value anywhere else. I LOVVEEEE this and will probably use it every day :) Thank you, Urban Decay for an amazing product at a great price and PLEAASEEEE come to Hong Kong!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2010 10:35:00 PM More reviews by cherrystarr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I recently lost all my makeup to a car break in... and this has kept me sane for the past few weeks! Gorgeous neutrals that can be worn lightly for daytime or layered and smoked out for night time. Very smooth and blendable texture. Love!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2010 10:24:00 PM More reviews by grayeyes043

Okay product...something that can use for a smokey day look, school or work events.
Love the fact that it's shimmer and not a lot of sparkly clumps in collection.
Eyeshadow blend well with each other, good pigmentation....good color range.
Not a big fan of the matte eyeshadow but that is just my preference....I don't like matte shadows that much.
Personally, I think this palette is over-hyped...not the 2nd coming to christ but the price is great and a good starter palette for those just getting into makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2010 5:09:00 PM More reviews by cupcakemila

I wasn't planning on buying this palette but as soon as I saw it I had to get it. Although it is very expensive, the shadows are full size, they are so smooth and velvety and there are so many color combinations!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2010 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Katie5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I do think this palette is excellent value for all the shadows you get, but I feel I must echo the few people who have pointed out that it's not universal. I have very fair skin and to be honest the only shadows in the palette that are work-appropriate neutrals on me are Sin, Virgin and Naked. The fact that Naked shows up as a mid-brown on me speaks volumes about the ideal skintone for this product. The shades are all pretty warm too, which isn't ideal for cooler skintones. There are some shades in the palette that I really like, but I am a neutral girl at heart and on me these are all quite dramatic.

Having said that, these shadows are a beautiful texture. I find some MAC shadows too hard in texture and some Stila shadows too soft, but these Urban Decay shadows strike the perfect balance and blend perfectly. I haven't found any of them to be too glittery. And, again, it is amazing value. If you have warm-toned skin, this is a must-have for you.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2010 3:58:00 PM More reviews by PrincessTrizzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've gotta say, I love this palette. Just as many other reviewers have said. Ever since I bought this palette (well, hubby surprised me with a trip to Ulta) I've used it everyday. I still use my MAC or NYX singles but I can't imagine being without my Naked palette. I do agree the pigmentation and textures are amazing. However, my fave color Half Baked does crumble a bit after continuous use. Virgin is my HG highlight shade. NC32/35 for ref. I used to use half baked over the lid and smog in the crease. Lately, I've been using NYX's iced mocha on the lid and hustle in the crease since its been gloomy here. Did go out of my way to look for this, drove a good 30 minutes passing a bridge to get this but its worth it. The $44 price tag seemed like a lot at first but after using it seems more than worth it. I love this palette & glad to hear that everyone else feels the same. Thanks for reading!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2010 3:54:00 PM More reviews by harsha1980p

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

hello my pretty!!! had to order online from House of Fraser as soon as I heard a popular Youtuber mention it was exclusive to them in the UK to start with - although I did see it my Boots today so could could have saved myself the p&p buts whats a few quid for your happiness. This palette is definately worth the money beautiful neutral shades all in one place, they are by no means unique colours but the variety quality and value for money is undeniable, so nice to have new matte colours to mix in for daytime looks packaging is to die for I am a MAC C40 so for me these are defiantely neutral - good way to bulk up your collection fast.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2010 3:13:00 PM More reviews by lorielin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Echoing everyone else's comments - this is a fabulous palette. Every shade is just lovely.Shadows go on perfectly. I think my only problem will be keeping it away from my teenage daughters.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2010 2:48:00 PM More reviews by dirtyrat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

i really don't know that this palette needs any more glowing reviews - but i am so excited i finally got my hands on one of these! i was getting work done on my car and decided to check out Sephora (which i have been doing 2x a week waiting for this to be in stock) and did a little dance when i saw they had them in stock FINALLY!

all the colors are velvety, pigmented, and blend SO easily. of course when i got home i had to play - and i LOOOVE this palette! I don't really own too many neutrals - my m/u drawer is mostly brights - i feel a lot of neutrals and esp. browns look like crap on my face. ALL OF THESE ARE FANTASTIC!! i hate the reviews that just say "love this product"..... but omg. i totally do. best purchase of the year for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2010 9:23:00 AM More reviews by bubblegum4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

When I first saw this in an Ulta mailer (or maybe it was Sephora?), I fell in love. I'm more of a funky color eyeshadow girl so I started to talk myself out of this...but even then it has every neutral color you could possibly need. So I caved and got it. The colors are perfect, you can create so many looks and my funky colors are now collecting dust. Highly pigmented eyeshadows and they apply like butter. Easy to work with, easy to blend. This palette is definitely a must have!