Urban Decay NAKED

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/4/2010 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

LOVE LOVE LOVE this palette! Been using it everyday! Great for work or a night out. All colors are gorgeous. Didn't really want to get it but i saw sample at sephora and tested all colors. texture is so smooth, it's easy to apply and the double ended liner is great too, goes on smooth. will buy again.

on 11/4/2010 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I am not a makeup person, I usually just wear eyeliner on my upper waterline and sometimes liquid eyeliner and mascara. So this palette is perfect for when I put makeup on for special occasions and such. I love that it comes with a pretty good sized primer potion and the double ended eyeliner. I've never used a brown eyeliner so it was a very nice touch!
I have a couple other UD palettes - the deluxe one and a smaller one with a flower design..i can't remember what it's called. The shadows are at least twice the size of the shadows in those palettes! And for only $52 (w/shipping) it's really a great deal since you get the primer and the eyeliner. I think I paid $40 for the deluxe palette!
The thing I love most about this palette is that the glitter in the glitter shadows doesn't get all over your face, hair, hands, and clothes. Some glitter does fall out but not as much as other UD shadows i've tried :)

on 11/4/2010 12:31:00 PM

Not much to add that hasn't been said about Naked Palette.
If you don't have it GO NOW AND GET IT! It's that good.

on 11/4/2010 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a great palette to have, especially for those people, like me, who are just building their makeup collection. I didn't have many neutral colors, and this palette was perfect.

The shadows range from matte, shimmer, and a few glitter. They are all very pigmented and blend very easily. I am so glad that I invested in this palette. It is by far the best of all the Urban Decay Palettes as far as practicality.

on 11/2/2010 9:49:00 PM

OMG this arrived yesterday in the post! I had to get my gf from London to buy it for me and then send it over to me in Australia! It worked out to be AUS$50 inlcuding postage :) i think thats a total bargain seeing as people from the US are paying $44 and in australia they love jacking up the price 2x or 3x! and its crazy since our dollar is pretty much on par with the US!
Omg is all i can say, the colours are amazing, so many beautiful neutrals with a good mix of matte and shimmer. But its not overly glittery! woo!!!!! and the texture hooley dooley!! these colours are probbably the most pigmented eyeshadows i own! They are far superior to laura mercier and my becca eyeshadows come a very close 2nd. But wow! I have sin on my lids and smog on my crease and virgin on my brow. I actually had to blend out the colours to tone them down because they are that pigmented!! wowowowo! Ok i know i only have used them twice but wowowow! ladies buy it! i mean $50 is a bragin for 12 eyeshadows and they are a good size! i doubt u would be hitting pan anytime soon! Was thinking about the stylish smokes range as eveyone kept going on about them but who wants crappy flimsy plastic packaging?? Also in Aus those stlish smokes are about $14 so if i got 3 of them that would be the same price as my urban decay! I quite liek the pakaging it looks sleek BUT Velvet will be a b*tch to clean! i know its going to pick up powder everywhere. Havent tried the primer potion but i have only heard good things about it. Pencils seem very good too! BUY IT!!

on 11/2/2010 9:22:00 PM

After reading all the hype of this product, I gave in. It was on Ulta a few days ago for a very short period of time. I was one of the lucky ones that snatched it up before they quickly sold out again. I never saw this in person, so I wasn't too worked up when it came in the mail today. Opened it up and ohhhhhhh my! BEAUTIFUL!!! I love love love the colors. The shimmer is real nice but not too over the top. I work in a professional office so I can't go to work with glitter all over. This is not glitter. So many color choices...absolutely beautiful! They blend soooo nice. All my eye shadows I have now are from MAC. I can tell you it will be a looong time before I wear MAC eyeshadow again. UD makes some NICE eye shadow! If you find this, definitely get it!

on 11/2/2010 9:18:00 PM

Ok I hate to be in the minority here but for me this was somewhat of a disappointment. I personally love urban decay and own several of the singles in the shimmers and mattes. I also own the deluxe palette. I can honestly say that I find that these shadows are NOT the same quality as the others. On my skin, it fades unusually quickly and even using the primer potion doesn't help. For example, my half baked in the single pot is much richer in color, is creamier, and spreads easier. In my opinion its better to just invest in the singles over time and get the quality that urban decay is known for. I'm Mac NC 45 for reference.

on 11/2/2010 5:27:00 PM

I actually had to put my name on a waiting list at my local Ulta to get my happy lil hands on this magnificent palette and BOY AM I EVER GLAD I DID! I adore this palette!! The packaging is sleek and velvety smooth. It comes with a mini primer potion and double sided liner. I actually really love the Whiskey side...it's a very unique liner shade..a beautiful rich brown with red undertones. The Zero side is ok, but personally I like the Milani Liquifeyes liner in Metallic Black better. Other than that, the shadows are all incredibly high quality and creamy in application. You can pull off the most neutral looks as well as the most dramatic, smoky looks for evening. The shadows blend like butter, no joke! It's pretty interesting that 2 of the colors are very similar to my Mineral Magic Bayou Chic Collection..particularly Shrouded and Virgin as well as Crow and Creep. Go figure!! :):) All in all, this is an amazing palette and I can't recommend it enough. These palettes are increasingly difficult to find so snatch one up if you get a chance! Don't let this deal pass you by! The retail price is an amazing deal for such good sized, decadent quality eye shadows. The primer and liners are fantastic perks as well! LOVE IT!

xoxoxo
- Mad Madam Jess

on 11/2/2010 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I just recieved this in the mail after ordering it from ULTA.com. (It was unbelievably hard to find instores!!!) I've sampled it before and I LOVE these shadows!! Beautiful colors (with great pigment) and texture is very smooth. You get 12- .05oz shadows, a double-ended eye pencil (black/brown) ea. color is .02oz and a mini primer potion, .13oz. $44 sounds expensive but for everything you get, I think it's reasonable. If you have a chance to grab this, I'd TAKE IT!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ah the big bad Naked Palette. What's to add that hasn't already been said? For some reason I'm still compelled to give my two cents. :)
I am, like many other women a busy twenty something mommy who prefers understated yet feature enhancing neutrals for my everyday life. Now, don't get me wrong. I adore UD for they're stunning color enriched eyeshadows just as much as the next gal and can't find myself resisting them. I have quite the colorful collection between my 2 BOS and sustainable palette. But on a day like this, (which really, is a pretty regular sort of day) I just can't bring myself to cover my eyes in oh let's say midnight cowboy rides again, (cause we all love to hate that glitter bomb) feeling like my first grader's teacher is going to take me seriously at the parent teacher's conference tonight. Or my one year old's pediatrician. Or just the grocery store. Of course not all of these magical shadows are glitterbombs but most are. And I adore them all but I simply can't justify wearing them...often. If at all. That's where the Naked Palette enters. I feel neutral pretty but never boring! The reason why I only gave this a four is because I think we all could of used a non frosty highlight color and a matte black. But who am I to demand naked perfection? Poor thing already apears to be suffering from some sort of mange...all of the pretty gold lettering and brown velvet are rubbing off and collecting various other makeup products on it even though I have been very careful. Alas.. I love you the way you are, naked.

Popular Palettes

The Nudes
The Nudes

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Urban Decay Naked Palette Neutral Tutorial by ShyGirlBeauty

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

Bronzed Naked Palette Tutorial! by fashionista804