Urban Decay NAKED

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/13/2010 6:01:00 PM

Ok, this is a "warm palette", yet it has no gold highlight colors. The highlighters "Sin" and "Virgin" are pale pink/peach/silver shades. There is a ton of fall out if you don't use a primer, but the primer makes it look a bit cakey and crepe-y. "Half baked" is a copper/burnt gold and can appear garish if you do not smoke it out with a brown color, in person and in photos. In fact, I'm most disappointed that it looks so harsh in photos. All of these colors are highly pigmented, but they do not photograph in a beautiful, natural way. It's not a sheen, it's sparkly.

"Toasted" and "Hustle" do not photograph and look as good as Sable or Smut from MAC. I'm not even a MAC eyeshadow's girl, but these MAC shadows have less chunkiness to them and is more flattering.

"Smog" is a nice color, but it can be duped by many brown/bronzes in several other palettes.

I bought this Palette because of the hype and because of how beautiful the swatches looked on the back of my hand. They definitely don't look that way throughout the day (Fall out) or in photos. A lot of times, the shadows that look good on the hand look too heavy on the eye. For now, I think Hourglass eyeshadows far surpass the ones in this palette, both in texture, quality, and photo-ability.

However, I don't regret buying this palette. It's fun to carry around, but it does leave something to be missed. I always find myself reaching for a gold/shimmer highlighter instead (Sin and Virgin washes my yellow-toned skin out).

I want to say these shadows in general are high quality and they have a very silver sheen to them. It's lovely to look out, but not the best for my complexion. I will say it's better quality than the Two-Faced naked palettes. However, I would be happy just having Smog and Naked (Dupe: MAC's KID) out of these palettes. Actually, Sidecar, though it has a lot of fall out, really brightens the eyes when applied in the lower lash line despise the intense silver glitter.

I've seen this look beautiful on some people, so I say, watch a lot of videos and tutorials on this and see if you'd think it'd look good on you.

For reference, I'm NC25-30, light brown hair, warm toned, light brown eyes, light-golden complexion.

on 10/13/2010 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I got this because of all the hype, and like MAC's Stereo Rose, I just didn't see why literally, EVERYBODY got it. I have dupes for most of the colors, and I just don't get much use out of it. Sadly, I bought into the hype, and bought 2. The only really nice thing about this palette is the packaging, but other than that I don't really like it very much. Just my opinion. :)

on 10/13/2010 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

The best Urban Decay palette I have ever bought. I own every other palette and this is the only one that I can, and have used every single color in. It took forever to find it anywhere but i'm so happy I didn't give in and pay some ridiculous amount for it.

on 10/12/2010 11:04:00 PM

Awesome, love it,best colours and amazing pigments, best thing going!

on 10/12/2010 10:03:00 PM

I love this palette, I went into the store and bought it as soon as it was available. The colors are so pretty and pigmented. A little goes a long way. You can use all of them together or separate and I like that there are some colors more matte, and other more glittery and shimmery. Hustle, sidecar and toasted are my absolute favorites in the palette. Half baked looks really good on me when I have a nice tan. Plus, I really like that it comes with the eyeshadow primer potion because it really makes a difference in how long the shadow lasts. Overall this is a great product and after using it on clients and friends, they have all gone out to get there own! Its a Must Have!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

I've had this palette for 2 months now and I can officially say this is hands down the best palette in my collection! It's my go to when I'm in a rush or if I'm traveling. The price for this palette is amazing, $44. A single drugstore eyeshadow can range anywhere from 3-5 dollars, and most of the time they aren't deeply pigmented and end up taking a lot of space in your makeup drawer unless you depot them which will cost more since you'll have to purchase something to put them in. I think for anyone that's starting out in makeup and wants to make a smart money saving purchase, the naked palette is the way to go. The colors are creamy, highly pigmented, easily blendable, and best of all, every single color is beautiful. There is not one color in this palette that I don't like. I wish Urban Decay would hurry up and restock this for all the women and men that are still waiting to buy it.

on 10/12/2010 2:28:00 AM

OMG! This palette is a must have for anybody! I seriously don't know why didn't buy this palette sooner. There is a very nice range of colors in this palette, all of the shadows are very nicely pigmented and so soft and silky. ove this palette and am so glad I got it, definitely a good investment, and highly recommend it. Other than that I love it! The price may seem a bit high, but each of these shadows retail individually for $17 so it is actually a killer deal ($204 value) for only $44, I would say it is a steal of a deal.

on 10/11/2010 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm not great when it comes to picking out colour combinations for eyeshadows but since buying this fantastic pallette, it doesnt' matter.
All the colours go beautifully together and really suit my complexion. I have blonde hair and blue eyes but I think any colouring could wear this pallette.

It's really easy to create pretty day looks with matte colours like naked and buck and a bit of Sidecar or Toasted to liven it up and then has fantasically dramatic yet wearable colours like Darkhouise and Gunmetal for smokey evening looks.

It comes with thye eyeshadow primer which I could take or leave - a bit of foundation works better for me.

Overall great palette, colours and although pricey its still full of wearable pigmented colours (I got it 20% off in Debenhams and had 10 worth of beauty points so it worked out around 15 but full price its not cheap).

I took 1 lipstick off becasue if you dont like shimmer and glitter this (and all UD products) isnt for you, plus its expensive.

on 10/11/2010 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

Contents

Virgin - Shimmering ivory *
Sin - Champagne, with shimmer finish.
Naked - A matt fawn *
Sidecar - A similar fawn/soft brown shade to Naked, only with a shimmering finish *
Buck - A soft, medium brown with a matt finish *
Half Baked - Light, shimmery bronze.
Smog - Medium bronze with shimmering finish.
Dark Horse - A rich milk chocolate shade with silver micro glitter *
Toasted - Rich, shimmering copper.
Hustle - Similar shade to Dark Horse, but with a matt finish *
Creep - Black with silver micro glitter. Similar to NARS best-selling Night Crawler *
Gunmetal - Dark grey with silver micro shimmer

* Exclusive to this palette.

[The back of the outer packaging says that only four shades are new, but after revisiting both the website and my nearest Urban Decay counter I saw that seven shades are unavailable to buy separately]

24/7 EYELINING PENCIL [Double ended version]

Zero - Traditional black kohl & Whiskey - A warm brown

Primer Potion - 3.7 ml

All of the shadows are so finely grained, highly pigmented and apply so creamily [their actually all powders] - the shimmers, the matt and the micro glitter.

As you'd expect from such a rich shadow, the application, blending ability and wear is exceptional - over ten years after buying my first Urban Decay shadow I have yet to find a comparable product. The shimmer finishes are again the best wearing; they wear though my working day, even without using the primer potion - over eight hours, and this time the matt shadows also wear well without primer *, although not as well as the other finishes - about five hours alone. Maybe they've changed the formula as none of Urban Decay's previous matt shadows have impressed me.

*The shade Creep is the only exception. To get the best colour pay-off apply with a damp brush.

The micro glitters are contain finer glitter particles then Urban Decay's regular glitter finishes, so I've never had any problems with product fallout. But if you do experience some then use sellotape to remove the glitter from your skin - wiping it will push it further into your make-up.

The pencils are a creamy formula, so they don't drag across the skin, so there is no scratching to the skin. Once applied to the lid, the liner will stay put until I wash it off.

I don't know if they've changed the formula for the liner, but I can actually rim my waterline - something that I'm not able to do with my other 24/7 liners. I can also smudge the line out before it sets if I want [it takes about 30 seconds] - this is also very difficult with my older 24/7 liners.

This palette is a must own - there's plenty here for every skintone AND all of the shades go with every eye colour. If you prefer neutral this is perfect and if you like a bit of colour this is still a fantastic set: you can easily blend a bit of coloured eyeshadow or liner - the possibilities are endless.

I've had my palette for a little while now and I've used every shadow at least twice and am very impressed by how versatile the colours are; Night, day, natural or dramatic - there are so many things to try here, so it doesn't matter if you are like me [a make-up junkie].

My usual routine is to use one shade over my lid, then pick the shade that is slightly darker for my crease, then I use either Creep or Gunmetal as a liner on my upper lid and smudge it into the lighter shadow.

Out of the twelve shadows in this set only one isn't very impressive; Once again it's Urban Decay's black shade [Creep], the colour applies as a similar grey to Gunmetal dry and it shows wear the quickest. But then again black isn't really a day-to-day shade [not for me anyway], so I don't use it as a shadow anyway. But if you do, then the primer potion and being prepared to layer is a must.

Here comes the guilt-easing math bit:

Individual eyeshadows; 12.50 [x12]
24/7 eyeliners; 11
Primer Potion; 11.50
= 183.50

on 10/10/2010 3:28:00 PM

I am so happy!
Urban Decay, emailed me and said that they finally have one Naked Palette available... with my name on it!Yay me

I have always loved the softer eyeshadow formulas from Urban Decay, Smashbox and MAC's Veluxe pearl and Starflash Collections.
This palette is on par with that same smooth application and extremely pigmented formula.

This palette has a ton of combination's..... You get lid,crease,transition,highlight and liner colors...for an elegant or a hot night time look....all in ONE beautiful palette.

I know that this is called...."Naked".....But,this is just considered "Naked" for Urban Decay! lol!
Because,they are known for their... Wow in your face Rock and Roll type colored shadows.

You get all of these beauties:

A trial size of the famed original Primer Potion(The God of Primers!This stuff will make your shadow last through a fun night of dancing!)

A 24/7 duo pencil:(UD's Zero is the only pencil besides Rimmel Waterproof, that stays on my waterline nice and dark)
Zero....a dark black
Whiskey....reddish dark brown

Eye shadows:(with my best personal descriptions)

Virgin.... a neutral light wheat beige with a soft shimmer satiny sheen(gorgeous highlight or lid color! IMO,this formula and its softness are what I wanted MAC's Shroom to be like. Shroom was just a little too hard and unnoticeable on me. I didn't expect to luv this one!)

Sin... a shimmery pinked champagne

Naked... a creamy neutral matte light suntan color

Sidecar... a slightly Pinked "Medium Taupe" shimmer with fine silvery glitter.These tiny glitters that are evident on application. But, they are so tiny that they blend in and do not stand out like the regular glittery shadows from them.(my 3rd fave)

Buck... a matte darker skin tone tan with a lil orange added

Half Baked... a medium bright gold with a metallic like finish

Smog... a shimmery medium bronze that's to die for

DarkHorse...(second fave) a dark neutral brown with warm bronze shimmer with "extremely" fine silvery glitter that is not noticeable upon application

Toasted... a pinked copper with metallic like finish

Hustle... (my 1st fave) is a shimmery/satiny neutral darker taupe brown with some fabulous "plum"

Creep... a dark blackish Gray shimmer with some fine silvery glitters.They are not very noticeable upon application

Gunmetal... a medium gunmetal gray shimmer with fine silvery glitter that you can see a lil' bit on with a primer. But,there is not a lot... like in most of UD regular glittery shadows!

Oh yeah!
These shadows are basically FULL SIZED!

They sell for $17.00 each regularly.
I know...Right! lol!

$44.00 is a steal..... for 12 full sized shadows!
And they are high quality pigmented eye shadows that last all day!!
You simply cannot go wrong with this palette!

P.S.
Please DO NOT go crazy and BUY THIS palette on Ebay for a CRAZY amount of MONEY!!!!

These should be readily AVAILABLE SOON
and I believe that it is STAYING AROUND! ok/k! ;)

Popular Palettes

Contour Kit
NAKED
NAKED3
PRO Palette

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Bronzed Naked Palette Tutorial! by fashionista804

New Year's Eve & Party Smokey Makeup Tutorial! 2015 by Angie Wilches

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

Urban Decay Naked Palette Neutral Tutorial by ShyGirlBeauty