August 20, 2014 | 1425 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 7:03:00 AM More reviews by miinx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

If you have the right skin type for HD, this stuff is incredible - HG status, nothing less. I have super fair, sensitive combination skin with an oily t-zone and flakiness prone.

This is a great foundation for winter when my skin is a bit drier and the texas humidity is hibernating.. it gives me a beautiful, dewy glow and great coverage from a sheer layer applied over MUFE HD primer with a kabuki brush. The kabuki brush is key to a flawless, airbrushed finish -- no streaks, just an even, sheer application. Its easily buildable in any trouble spots as well. I set it with a tiny bit of the HD silica powder, dusted only in my trouble spots -- t-zone and chin. It wears beautifully all day on my winter skin.

The color range is incredible - 110 was a perfect match for my super, super fair rosy NW10 skin without making me look too pink or too sallow.

The bottle holds ALOT and the pump applicator is very sanitary. I only need one pump to cover my entire face -- just dot it on and buff it in with the kabuki.. just as easy as applying a powder foundation.

My only complaint with MUFE HD? The minute the humidity hits and my oiliness returns in the slightest, I can't wear it at all. :( On humid days it melts off pretty quickly.. within an hour or two, and wont stay put on oily zones even with primer and powder.. just cakes up in my pores and makes me look a hot mess. But for drier skin or winter weather, this stuff is incredible.

I'll hold onto this for the drier months because it looks and wears beautifully. I just wish MUFE would come up with a similar formulation for oilier skins. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2009 3:51:00 AM More reviews by whatevergurl4

i wanted this so bad, but its so runny and my face looks very greasy. no matter how many pumps i put on, it just slid off. great color in 140 but it feels like drugstore makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by jjkrh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am crushed. I had high hopes as I walked into Sephora and was matched for this foundation. I was matched at 110 the lightest. It seemed to be a perfect color match, which is the only thing good I have to say about it. It did not cover as promised, and it did not last. After about 45 minutes, the foundation had separated and it looked as if someone attacked me with a paintbrush. I had pixels of pigment all over my face. Not to mention that I looked like an oompa loompa. It oxidized terribly. The oily mess was too much to handle for me; thank goodness I was not out in public for long. I immediately washed it off and packed it up to go right back to sephora. Lesson learned for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2009 4:47:00 AM More reviews by fashionis4ever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, I have to say that these newer negative reviews have me frightened!!! I have been waiting so long to try this foundation. The past reviews were so great that I decided to compare it to Mac's new Studio Sculpt.

I instantly loved the HD & I am not one for liquid foundation. It was a perfect match for my skin. It felt very light on the skin and the coverage was light and perfect for me.

I have to admit that I don't wear it much because I have been so in love with the studio sculpt concealer that I have been wearing that alone with powder and it's been perfect. When I wear this more I will make sure to update my review. Either way, I think it's worth a try to get matched and try a sample.

For reference I am an NW 50 in Studio Fix Foundation & 180 in MUFE HD.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2009 3:43:00 PM More reviews by roxrae

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really really wanted to love this foundation. I've heard so much about it and I thought I would finally find a foundation I loved and that would fix my flaws. Well, I was disappointed to the tune of almost $80.00. I purchased a foundation and the powder and when it arrived the foundation was the wrong color. So I returned it and reordered a different color. It turned my oily/combo skin into an awful greasy mess. Every pore was highlighted and every wrinkle was in stark relief. Needless to say, I returned the foundation and the powder. I'll stick with my Revlon ColorStay. It's inexpensive and works great.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2009 3:29:00 PM More reviews by heat1112

Horrible! Packaging is the only plus +. My skin turned into an oil slick within 30 minutes! I so wanted this to work, guess that it just isn't for me. So far I haven't found anything better than Revlon spa foundation, since I tried it. If you don't like this, TRY THAT! Everyone I know is using it now, coworkers, friends, mom, family. Don't waste your money on this!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2009 8:54:00 PM More reviews by deluxedame

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was hoping this would be my final quest in finding the perfect foundation, as I have read many good reviews about this foundation along with some not so good. I was expecting better packaging for a $40 foundation but the quality of the product itself I thought would hold up since the packaging lacks. I bought the MUFE primer in #0 and the foundation in #115. I first thought the coverage was really great, not exceptional out of this world, just pretty good. I later found that it was almost too heavy for me and I have oily/combination skin. I tried some tests where I would put my usual standby foundation that I used to wear and MUFE on the other side. The MUFE side looked gray and ashy and there was no definition to my actual skintone...it looked just blah and a grey hue......not impressive at all. The thing that I hated most about this is when I started to break out. No changes in my normal skin routine and started noticing strange white like pimples on either side of my cheeks. I have never had problems with acne on my cheeks...maybe once in a great while on my T zone, but not anywhere else. Since I quit using this foundation my skin cleared up and both products were sent back for a refund (not in any way worth the $40 for the foundation and $30 for the primer). Overpriced and over hyped from my personal negative experiences with both MUFE products.

***UPDATE: I tried this foundation again and did find that I like the coverage although it is definitely a bit much for daytime although wear it nights out. I believe that it does help to not wear it with the MUFE primer. I use Korres primer instead which doesn't cause breakouts. Still not sold on the primer, but I do like MUFE's HD powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2009 1:30:00 PM More reviews by HoneyHoneyNY

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I guess I'm going to have to jump on the bandwago of people who are very pleased with this foundation.

I usually wear Prescriptives mineral powder foundation, which has been working quite well for me. But as the winter wore on, and my skin got a bit dry and traumatized from the wind and cold, the powder wasn't sitting so comfortably on my skin. I went looking for a liquid foundation that wasn't too matte, and gave good coverage for the patchy skin I get in winter. I held off getting this for quite a while because it's a bit pricier than my usual choices.

I like several of the MUFE products, and I liked that there were several shades of this foundation that matched the level of deepness of my skin. I felt pretty confident about finding a match. That said, I tried something like 4-5 colors before I found an acceptable match. The ones that didn't work were close in the bottle, but still a bit off somehow. Also, this foundation seemed to oxidize and shift color a bit on my skin, so that I needed to get a sample and wear it the entire day to see how it actually looked. I adjusted my shade choice to compensate for the oxidation.

My match is #NE177 which was well outside of my original choices. It looks a bit funny when I first put it on (a touch too light, and neutral), but by the time I blend it, put on my finishing powder and leave the house, it's a perfect match. I use a combination of a brush and my fingers to apply. It gives my face a nice satiny finish, not too matte or too shiny, feels comfortable, and wears pretty well on my dry-ish sensitive skin. I set it with some e-tailer finishing power, which is about a third of the price of the HD powder, and better looking on my skin. I haven't really put it through a "sweat test" but it lasts all workday for me. I think I'll go back to my Px mineral powder when the weather gets hot though, I don't know how well the HD foundation would hold up in the humid and sticky.

It gives a decent amount of coverage, so that I don't feel the need to wear concealer under my eyes, or on my freckles and scars. I've been getting compliments on how pretty my face looks since I've been wearing it, but for someone used to seeing a bit of my skin through the mineral foundation, it gives a very "made up" look. It doesn't look mask-y or bad, but when I wear this foundation, I wear a full face of makeup. (For me full face is foundation, finishing powder, shadow (s), liner, mascara, blush, lip-stick and/or gloss.) I use it when I want a strong makeup look. If you're going for a fresh and natural face, this might not be for you. If you're comfortable with a more "groomed" looking face, then you might enjoy.

I love this foundation so far, and would definitely buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2009 6:17:00 PM More reviews by w1lk1ns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just got a sample of this at Sephora. The SA matched me with 118 which I thought was a bit dark but after about an hour it lightened up and matched perfectly. This foundation looks amazing. It is light coverage, with a natural finish. I feel like I am not wearing any foundation and it evened out my skin tone. I love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2009 5:19:00 PM More reviews by looweehse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

PROS: The feel of the foundation is great, it's light and you wouldn't really know you're wearing it. This is especially good considering the medium coverage it gives.
CONS: I got #110 which is the lightest shade, and was still too dark for me, and after a couple of hours it oxidised and turned orange.
It comes with a pump which would be great, that is, if the pump actually dispensed properly. My pump is very stiff and so I have to press down quite hard and can't actually control how much comes out resulting in me wasting a lot of product.
While it feels light, it looks heavy and obvious on the skin.
When I applied it with a MAC 190 and MAC 187 it looked uneven. But when I used my Illamasqua Highlighter brush to buff it in it looked better, but not great.
I have naturally oily skin, but this foundation made me look really dry. So I tried exfoiliating before hand and used various moisterisers. I used it with and without primer (MAC, Smashbox, Laura Mercier, NARS, L'Oreal) and it still looked dry and uneven.

Maybe I just expected more from all the hype it gets, but this was a big disappointment for me.