August 21, 2014 | 960 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2007 11:25:00 PM More reviews by silylily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been wanting to try this for years and after talking to two people at work who swear by it I finally decided to take the plunge. At first I tried it without watching the DVD the came with the set. I hated it. Then I tried it again after watching the DVD and have loved it ever since. Their definately is a technique to the application that takes some getting used to. I got the hang of it and now I am quite a fan. The brushes that come with it are terrible quality, but thet do help in the application. I use the full coverage buki brush because I have freckles to cover up. It does a really good job at covering up redness and you can build the coverage easily without it looking cakey. I use the fairly light which is perfect for my pale skin and strawberry blonde hair. Overall, I love it and would purchase again and thanks to the DVD I want to buy the eye and cheek color products as well.
P.S. I picked up a tip from the dvd, they used the warmth that comes with the kit and blended it with their chapstick to make a tinted balm. I improvised and added some into my rosebud salve pot and it came out wonderfully. You can add as little or a much as you want to get the right tint. It's great! Update!!! I just repurchased and now cannot live without BE foundation and my collection is growing!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2007 10:22:00 PM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This has to be one of the most over-hyped products I've ever used.....First off all, its a great big mess....everytimes you swirl, tap, buff, you make a hugh mess.....secondly, the brushes that comes with the product are very low quality (if you buy the intro. kit). All of this could be overlooked if the product actually did what is said, but it doesn't. It sat in every line that I don't even have. It made me look like an over-powdered 80 year old woman, it was terrible, plus I am a light olive skin tone and none of the powders match, they all made me look orange. Don't believe the mineral hype.......If you break out try Maybelline Purestay foundation in the compact. It is the best thing I've ever found and I don't know why I stray from it, the color range is great, the coverage is great, it doesn't break me out.....I always go back to it, its my HG foundation!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2007 9:31:00 PM More reviews by redhair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was the first mineral makeup I ever used. It covers moderately, but it has this weird shine to it - and I don't mean a refreshing glow - it looks more like you're a made up corpse. And I never could find a shade that was right for my skin tone. Costs a fortune too. If you're looking for a mineral makeup try Alima cosmetics. They look so much more natural, have about a million different colors to choose from (organized by undertone - cool, warm, neutral, etc.), are cheaper, and you can get dirt cheap sample sizes to try out! Plus they're even better for your skin - no bismuth.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2007 5:11:00 AM More reviews by Britannia8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Awful. None of the colors matched my skin. The lightest shade was too pink and the next lightest shade was too dark. It made me very greasy and shiny, clogged my pores, and made me break out. Most people I know totally love this stuff, so I think it ts a good product that just doesn't work for me

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2007 4:43:00 PM More reviews by pinkne0nstars

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i bought this after hearing so many good things about it. i bought it expecting my face to clear up because my friend's face cleared up after using this foundation. about a month after i started using it my face started breaking out worse than it usually does (i've always had oily acne-prone skin). i didn't think it was from this makeup until about 5 months after using it. so now thanks to bare minerals, my face has terrible acne scars and way too many pimples. i wish i never used this make up!! also this foundation and the mineral veil didnt really absorb oil and my face was oily when wearing this.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2007 More reviews by jessamine20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had breakouts with this too!!!!! and yes, not a great deal of cover. I have now switched to jrminerals and my skin has cleared tremendously; much better than the bare escentuals range. I was so dissapointed with this stuff after everything I'd heard.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2007 9:32:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict87

The only thing I like about this product is the coverage; it's perfect for a face that doesn't need A LOT of coverage. However, the product is breaking me out! I've always had a few pimples on my face, but this foundation ruined my skin. I've never see so many zits on my face! Bare Minerals has bismuth in it, and that one ingredient is the devil to a clear face! Stay away from Bare Minerals if you're acne prone.
I've already ordered a sample from Everyday Minerals, and I have high hopes for that product. I can't wait to get it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2007 6:00:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After using Bare Escentuals powder foundation for about 3 years, and I have finally decided to look for another brand of mineral makeup.
While I love that this makeup is oil-free, non pore-clogging, and contains an SPF 15, it is fairly heavy-looking (not at all natural looking). Plus, it makes my skin look super-shiny and leaves a whitish cast. Another downside, they do not have a wide range of shades, so I have not been able to find a color that matches my skin.
After I finish my current jar, I will be buying something else. The bottom line is, I need a mineral makeup with a matte finish and more shade selections.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2007 12:20:00 PM More reviews by barbinez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't understand why so many women LOVE this stuff. I used this for awhile but have since switched back to liquid foundation. For one, I have large pores, and this makes them stand out even more. And if my skin is the least bit dry, this will make my skin have dry flakes all over it. I just don't get it. And a lot of women say it makes them feel like they're wearing no makeup at all - not me!!! This stuff feels even cakier than foundation if you're not careful. And it makes my skin look bad. And they don't even have a shade that truly matches my skin tone. So, it may be called the all-time best foundation, but I'm OVER IT!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/31/2007 9:28:00 AM More reviews by betsy075

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product made my pores look like potholes! It should have come with arrows to help draw even more attention to them. Save your money. Buy regular foundation.