Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals ALL

2.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 12.6%, Zinc Oxide 21%. Inactive Ingredients: Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide

on 11/25/2007 7:29:00 PM

I've been using the BE line for about 6 months now, and I absolutely love it. I have a combination skin - dry in some parts, rosacea on the nose, and breakouts along the chin. The BE in fair is the perfect colour for me, with a bit of warmth put on top to give me a bit more colour. The coverage is absolutely amazing, covering up my especially red nose very well. I find that the staying power is also very impressive, so much so that I find it can be a bit of a chore to take off! Love this product.

on 11/24/2007 11:37:00 PM

I love BE and all of their products. If you have dry skin you will need to moisturize before using the foundation or face colors, but you will notice, over time, that you need to use less moisturizer because of the properties of the minerals. I have relatively sensitive skin and have had not problems with ANY BE products. A+

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

If you have sensitive skin, please be aware that this product contains bismuth. This product works well for many women, but the percentage that are allergic to this "mineral" like me - watch out! Your skin will become as rough as sandpaper - it took my a few weeks to really recover. Other mineral products contain this as well, so read the ingredients list before using.

on 11/23/2007 7:38:00 PM

I bought the BE starter kit after I found out my aunt was using it. I saw it in her bathroom and asked her how she liked it. After she told me she loved it, I had to buy it! She's 58 and I'm 33 but we have very similar skin. She's still extremely oily at 58 and looks like she's only about 42 years old. My skin is fair and slightly oily. After 3 treatments of Accutane I don't have the same kind of oil problems as before, but I also have reddish acne scars.

It took me a few days to get the balance right with the makeup, even after watching the DVD tutorial. Aunt Sharon said the same thing, so I suggest either going to Sephora or ULTA and having them show you how to do it if you aren't particularly skilled at makeup application with brushes.

This stuff makes my skin look terrific and I love it! You only need a little bit and it lasts forever, so the price isn't a bad value. The eyemakeup stays on longer through the day than any other eyemakeup I've ever used. I use the Clear Radience (which has a touch of pink tone) after the foundation and the tinted mineral veil and it gives a natural looking glow without artificial sparkle. If you want an even more natural look you can get Bare Radience, which didn't show up at all on my face. I like Clear Radience better but I gave my aunt the Bare Radience and she likes it.

Overall, I've liked everything I tried from them, and the stuff is addictive. I suggest buying the kits if you don't already have brushes. It's a better value and a good way to build a brush collection while you add to your makeup collection.

on 11/23/2007 6:29:00 PM

I bought the kit on recommendation by soooo many people that it was this wonderful product. The first problem I occured was when I was told to swirl, tap and buff, the brushes in the kit were either hopeless or the minerals are impossible to swirl up into the brush... I only got the powder after tipping/spilling it all over a tissue . I wanted to like this product but after trying it on my face I just couldn't, it's so unnatural and it looks and feels as if it's bad for my skin... it's drying and you can definitely see it, it doesn't control oil and you get this weird looking glow on your skin that's not very nice. Maybe if you have perfect skin this foundation is fine... but if you have little flaws or blemishes there are better foundations out there. Mineral does not necessarily mean it's good for you.

on 11/22/2007 9:47:00 AM

I have acne prone skin & ever since I tried this product 2 years ago, I have been hooked- I'll never go back to lquid foundation. It makes my skin look flawless. I love the all over face color, makes my skin glow. I would highly recommend this product.

on 11/21/2007 9:51:00 PM

I also wanted to see what the fuss was all about after resisting the TV ads for several years. I am pleasantly surprised. It certainly does feel lighter than liquid makeup. Be warned: You can definitely apply too much of this stuff pretty quickly and like most make-ups, it does start to look cakey no matter what they say on TV, especially in the larger pore areas or where you've applied too much concealer! If only a small amount of coverage is desired (where you cannot tell, even close-up, that you're wearing anything) then you need to apply less of the foundation base and concentrate on concealing the areas needing more coverage (use a very small brush if necessary). All in all this is an awesome product and I am finding that with practice it is looking better each day!

on 11/21/2007 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I tried this out because I've seen it on television for years so I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I received a free demo at Ulta and fell in love! This product is so light that I for get that I'm wearing it. The first day I wore it out I received so many compliments about my skin from friends and strangers. Everyone was telling me that I looked great and asked me what did I change about myself.I highly recommend this to everyone who wants that polished look.

on 11/21/2007 10:43:00 AM

I have also been on again off again with BE but I would definitely recommend that if you are prone to breakouts to absolutely stay away from the Mineral Veil. It has corn starch in it, which bacteria in the pores can have a delicious food fest causing major breakouts. When I first started using it, I thought it was the entire line, but then realized when I just used the foundation and stopped using the Mineral Veil, my skin got better. I've not been using foundation all summer and just started again to use BE. I bought the face primer and really like how the minerals adhere. It keeps my make up looking fresh pretty much all day.

on 11/21/2007 10:40:00 AM

I have combination dry/oily skin. I also have a few fines and a couple laugh lines. I do not like this make up. It makes my skin look old, made up and dry. I would not buy it again.