November 24, 2014 | 1635 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2006 3:29:00 PM More reviews by venezia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The Rashmaker!!! I tried this in high school (more than 2 decades ago) and it was awful then. I am amazed it's still being sold. Someone recently gave me a sample bottle and I thought, "oh well, it CAN'T be the same-they SURELY must have reformulated by now!" so, stupid me tried it. Yep, it still causes a nasty rash. This, and Maybelline Great Lash Mascara are my two contenders for Worst Products of All Time!!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2006 12:30:00 AM More reviews by fiddles1

This product is only a name in a bottle. It is just to say, Hey, I bought Clinique." It is the worst moisturizer and way overpriced. You can do better just buying an over the counter moisturizer and save your money for things that do work. This one does not.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2006 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Love8Brain

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Dramatically Different from a thin gross smelling lotion that gives you acne? I don't think so. I hate everything about this crap. The way ot smells. The annoying white coated 'I'm a Doctor Really I am' look and attitude of the Clinique girls. Yucky! yucky!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2006 8:29:00 AM More reviews by MU_Artist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First let me say that I have sold Clinique in the past, and I am not suprised by the love/hate reviews on here. But I can tell you after reading most of the reviews below in about 90% of them it sounds like the people who dislike DDML were either (a) not using the right product for their skin type, or (b) not using it correctly.

For one, DDML is for dry or combination skin. If you are dry only in certain areas, you should use DDML on in those dry areas. If you are normal to oily skin, you should be using the oil-free Gel version, not the Lotion.

It's also important to keep in mind that the DDML is designed to work best as the 3rd step in Clinique 3-Step system. The facial soap, clarifying lotion and DDML are clinicially formulated to work as a system, but a LOT of women just use the lotion (on a friends recommendation, or because they dont want to do 3 steps) and in that case you are not getting the full benefit of the moisturizer. When I worked for Clinique I got myself and lot of friends and family using the whole 3-step and we continue to use it even though I dont work for them anymore.

21 out of 26 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2006 10:47:00 PM More reviews by sassydaphne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is useless. Whenever I get it in a Clinique GWP I just pitch it. It's not worth the space in my medicine cabinet. Yes, it's that nasty.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2006 5:47:00 AM More reviews by drcaligari

I'm reviewing this for my mom.

She has very dry, flaky skin, and so far can only use this, and Dr Hauschka Rose and Quince Day Creams, but prefers this because it isn't scented and is less expensive. She went to the doctor who recommended Eucerin and Cetaphil (both didn't work). She uses it every day, and carries around a little gwp bottle of it (she refills it with lotion from her bigger bottle). It doesn't break her out or bug her or anything. Sometimes I borrow it if I run out of moisturiser, and it doesn't break me out either, and I'm 20 with combination skin.

Possibly the only bad thing I can think of is that when the bottle's almost finished, the pump dispenser works badly and you have to take the cap off to get at the lotion. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2006 8:10:00 PM More reviews by LibraryD

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow ... I'm amazed at the bad reviews that this one gets here. This was one of the first moisturizers that I ever used regularly, and I still go back to it at times (and I always have it around). It is not greasy and, for me, it is not irritating in any way. I find that it really is a good solid basic moisturizer for normal to dry-ish skin. I can't say it's my HG, but I consider it one that I fall back on pretty often (and I am too picky much of the time). Overall, it's a good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2006 8:07:00 PM More reviews by timetoknowbe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this moisturizer, but I can see what people mean about it being heavy and greasy. But if you take a shower in the morning before getting ready (which I do), and don't dry your face off after the shower, and put this moisturizer on all over on your wet face immediately after.. Its absolutely perfect for my morning routine. I have combination skin and I love this stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2006 7:47:00 PM More reviews by melodiej

TOTALLY OVERRATED!!!To me this cream sucks!!! I'll stick with Vichy Nutrolige 2, that works!!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2006 6:47:00 PM More reviews by JennBard

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the Gel version especially for winter. This is only slightly greasy and it is very moisturizing but I swear it always breaks me out. I think this would work better on older more mature skin that isn't prone to breakouts and needs extra moisture.