September 22, 2014 | 1860 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 6:59:00 PM More reviews by cupidger

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

My first palette and i absolutely love it! These colors are simple enough for daytime and nighttime look. My favorite are half baked, toasted and sin. Virgin is a nice highlighting color. With the primer and eyeliner included in this, it is definitely worth the money. I'm lucky to get my set at Sephora. <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2010 6:51:00 PM More reviews by macismycrack627

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this palette! This is definitely my favorite palette out of the ones that I own. I did not really care for any of the Book of Shadows, so when I bought this I was expecting to get rid of it. Once I used it, I was hooked!
The colors in this palette are all gorgeous and compliment each other so well! There are a lot of possibilities with these shades, and is the perfect go-to palette and also great for traveling.
I don't even use my MAC neutrals anymore, sooo glad I chose this palette over buying a bunch of MAC shadows... saved me a lot of money and the texture of these shadows just can't compare!

I definitely would buy this palette over and over again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by kristinacakes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I honestly don't think I'll have to buy a neutral eyeshadow again. This palette is wonderful and extremely versatile. With it's satin and matte shades there are so many combos to chose from. The shadows are pigmented, creamy and lovely to work with and I loved that you got a double ended liner and mini primer potion in with the pack. Perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2010 5:41:00 PM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was lucky enough to get my hands on this palette...I must say I like it a lot love all the colors in there...the consistency is just fenomenal! they are super silky and they stay put....gotta love a neutral palette! this is all you need if you are just starting in makeup too!

LOVE the pencil that it comes with..that sucker stays put ALL DAY!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2010 1:06:00 PM More reviews by acc82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you want to start trying Urban Decay's Products but shy away from loud colors like narcotic (bright blue) or grifter (bright purple), then this is your palatte! The colors are great and can be combined in so many ways for many different looks!! I love it, and use it almost every day either alone or with the Ammo pallate. Urban decay makes awesome eyeshadows - they are high quality and stay put. I would like to add that for best results with their eyeshadows, use their primer potion (or another brand that you like).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2010 10:10:00 AM More reviews by AhCapp

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

When I first read about this palette, I was wondering why is it so popular. I like neutral/ brown colours, so I thought this could be the one for me. I knew it was sold out in US, so when I heard that it will be launched at Sephora Singapore, I thought I should swatch it first before I grab it.

I was informed by my friend that Sephora Singapore has a few hundred people on reservation list. On the 2nd day when it was launched, I was told that they have very limited quantity for walk-in customers. So I quickly went straight to Sephora and haul the palette without hesitation.

To my happiness, this palette is really what you gals are talking about. I love how each colour complement each other and that they are easy to mix and match. They are a lovely mixture of neutral/ beige/ browns/ golds and are just a dream to use. I use the UDPP and the colours stay put on my oily lids in Singapore's hot and humid weather. Been using the palette for the past 2 days to create different looks. Perfect!~

I also like the duo colours 24/7 eyeliner, which is a dream to apply and it doesn't smudge. What more can I ask for right? =)

I hope Urban Decay will release more quantity of this Naked Palette so that more girls around the world will get to enjoy it like me. It's not fun when all you get is "sold out" at the stores.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2010 11:16:00 PM More reviews by salesgirl5150

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the colors on this palette. This is my first UD purchase. I am a bit disappointed that the colors don't stay on my lids as much as I would like since I have a bit of a hooded eye problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by biancastefani

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This palette contains the eyeshadows: Virgin (nude satin), Sin (champagne shimmer), Naked (buff matte), Sidecar (beige sparkle), Buck (brown matte), Half Baked (bronze), Smog (golden brown shimmer), Darkhorse (bronze-plum shimmer), Toasted (taupe-bronze), Hustle (mocha shimmer), Creep (near-black metallic), Gunmetal (dark grey metallic).

My absolute favourite palette of all time! LOVE IT! The colours are quite neutral but theyre not just different shades of beige. It has such a lovely range of textures and colours that are all flattering and complimentary, which is very rare for a UD palette. Usually, they are all very glittery and they don't all compliment each other, as well as being unflattering to many skintones, and there seems to be one or two shades that I use at maximum once. In this palette, there are warm tones and cool tones, highlights and shades, mattes and shimmers, satins and sparkles, and also a double sided 24/7 Eyeliner Pencil! It also comes with a mini bottle of the famous eyeshadow Primer Potion.

The brown velvet box with gold foil writing is beautiful and classy. It's lovely to touch and it looks lovely on a dresser.

The eyeliners are great. There's the famous Zero (an intense black) and the new Whiskey (a rich brown). They're amazingly soft and creamy and glide on smoother than any other pencil liner's I've tried. They're very smudge/blendable, but very long lasting and I don't usually have a large problem with creasing (none at all if I wear a primer).

The Primer Potion has always been my go-to primer (save for the MAC Paint Pots). For those of you who are quite new to the world of makeup, a primer is used to make your eyeshadow last a lot longer without creasing, while also giving a good base to make the colour more intense and vibrant. A little seriously goes a long way!

The eyeshadows are so creamy and blendable, with intense colours that compliment each other. They do crease relatively easily on my oily skin after approximately 2 and a half hours, but when teamed with the primer, I've got a good 14 hours wear with no creasing and absolutely minimal fading.

My favourites are definitely Virgin, Naked, Buck and Smog. They are extremely flattering and I've used them the most so far. :)

The only thing that annoys me about the entire palette is the glitter fallout. Now, this doesn't apply to the matte or satin colours, but the shimmer and sparkle eyeshadows are an absolute pain. Fortunately, it's relatively easy to remove (just using a bit of cellotape) and pretty easy to prevent by using a tissue to catch the fallout (admittedly, it is - at times - slightly fiddly).

I honestly don't think I'd need another palette. It's beautiful and completely me! And at only 27, it's the perfect price for such a perfect collection of products.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2010 4:27:00 PM More reviews by itisally

The colors are so versatile. I can use this palette for school or for when I go out. The eyeshadows are really pigmented and smooth and the duel sided eyeliner pencil is a great bonus. I really love this product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 3:31:00 PM More reviews by tan0h0lic

First of all, this has basically every color you will need to create neutral looks from DRAMATIC to EVERYDAY. The colors are shimmery for the most part, which is good to me (might not be to you though) because I feel they are easier to blend as shimmery shadows. UDPP is great, also, and I haven't tried the liners and probably wont. I would say my most used shadows of this box are Sin, Virgin, Sidecar, Toasted & Gunmetal. All of the shadows in this box are nice, and wearable colors... Except to me, I really don't care for Naked.

This palette is great, I will not deny that, but there are a few downfalls. SIDECAR (which I love) and GUNMETAL (which I ALSO love) have some MAJOR glitter fallout. I wouldn't care much if I didn't like these colors, but they are among my faves and I must blot under my eyes/cheeks with tape to pull the glitter bits off.. and it continues to fall off through the day. The palette itself is furry and seems to be a magnet for extraneous fuzz/shimmers and its a bit long to store in my MU bag. Otherwise, I love the mirror in it. Would have been the TOTAL package had they included an application brush.. Which I feel they should have.

Anyways, With all that said, this is a great buy. I wouldn't pay buku bucks for this but i feel the $44 SRP is fair. There may be a few colors you don't use, but to me and I feel many people, are all very wearable which makes it an excellent value. Everyone should have this, a staple in the MU world.