July 26, 2014 | 1385 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 5:31:00 AM More reviews by pinknplush

Just another RAVE REVIEW for this palette! It's just simply genius! I worked my way using this palette and amazingly tons of tutorials are available online so I didn't have any problems using and combining colors :) This is my first e/s palette. I have been a huge fan of smokey-neutral-naked looks and I just knew I had to get my hands on this one from Urban Decay the moment I laid my eyes on it. Actually I got this sold at a tad higher price as it went sold out everywhere so I really find it really expensive (I wish I had gotten it for $44) but well since I'm losing sleep wanting this.. I took it. ;) and I'm so glad bec it's all worth it. All the colors in this palette are usable it just depends on how you mix and match. the added mini primer potion and dual ended 24/7 pencils are plus points too. I would definitely recommend and will repurchase over and over as long as it's available :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by jessiew84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My first Urban Decay product and it's fantastic. Not only are the colors so complementary to the nude or natural palette, but they also come in a variety of finishes from matte to frost to shimmer. I've found the color payout to be great as well. With a similar matte MAC color I usually have to swish my brush around to pick up the color from the pot a few times to get the density of color that I want. With this U.D. palette I've found that one swipe from the palette and I'm ready to apply. I've found that each of these colors wears well for my lighter skin tone and am having fun even using them wet...especially the sparkly ones.

The mirror is also very handy. I threw it in my backpack on a day I was running late and easily was able to apply on the go. The included eyeliner wears wonderfully and I even went back and got some other U.D. eyeliners because of the quality of product.

For any beginner I would recommend the Naked Palette. It gives you all the colors you need, the eyeliner as well as the shadow primer and a handy mirror, too. A+.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2010 10:08:00 PM More reviews by angellbing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm in love. I wear a lot of neutrals, as I work in a somewhat conservative office and rarely use bright shades. I was all set to pass on this palette, though, as only a couple of the colors seemed to really grab me in pics and swatches and because of how many permanent shades are included. Then I realized how much of a value the palette is--these are all full-sized shadows. Nevermind the mini-liners and Primer Potion! So despite having a couple of the shades in either single form or in other palettes, I went for it.

There are no super glittery shades in this palette (no Midnight-anything--whew!), and even a couple of matte shades. All of the shadows apply nicely, are pigmented, and blend well. Great range of looks can be created, from super neutral to smokey. I love the shade "Virgin," and I hope it's included in their permanent line some day.

The best UD palette since the Deluxe palette--and more versatile.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2010 9:59:00 PM More reviews by mizzcindee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The colors are beautiful if you like neutral colors for everyday eye makeup. I have worn the eyeshadows for more than 12+ hours a day and I noticed it doesn't last as long if I can compare to MAC eyeshadows. It is pricey but for all those eyeshadows including a mini primer potion and eyeliner its a good deal.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2010 10:05:00 PM More reviews by Karibear819

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love this palatte! this is my first UD purchase & i'm very happy! the colors are great, very smooth, blendable. i use this everyday, i dont really need any other eyeshadows. this is my go to palette.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2010 6:58:00 PM More reviews by luvthered

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to pile on the love for this palette. I usually wait and debate any MU purchase over $20, but when I saw this in a Sephora e-mail I pulled the trigger with no hesitation and am so happy that I did. I have used this almost exclusively for the past month, for both day and night, and it hasn't failed me yet. Every look has been really pretty and very easy to accomplish. It's almost mistake-proof provided you use decent brushes and know basic application techniques. I will say that by "neutral," I believe UD is referring to the undertones of the colors (neither too cool nor too warm), rather than the colors themselves as some of the shades are clearly "color" and not in the ivory/beige/champagne/brown range most of us associate with the term "neutral."

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2010 3:30:00 PM More reviews by ToxicMegacolon

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Speaking as a lover of all cheapie MU brands (NYX), i balked at spending $44 on an eyeshadow palette. Please...a palette? Usually that means there's about 2-4 colors i could actually use, and then the rest a collection of odd colors that I can't use...

This palette drew me in initially because of the usability of all the colors...great neutrals, some shimmery, some matte, all wearable on most people. Also, the shadows are full-sized, and eyeliners that are great basics as well.

THENNNNN...i found out NYX made a small palette (Nude on Nudes) that was very VERY similar...for $11. I jumped for joy, thinking that I've just saved myself $30+.

However, when I actually tried the Naked palette...i was shocked. The pigment in the shadows are SO dense. I barely dip my brush in any of them, and the color pay off is fantastic. As much as I love NYX, and what quality they bring for the price, certain colors can be chalky and hard to blend, hard to layer. Not so with Naked...each color is soft, blendable, buildable and true.

So I forked out the $44. And I love it.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2010 11:08:00 AM More reviews by shell69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this at Ulta after not being able to find it in stock at Sephora and was so excited when I got it. The colors are very pigmented and pretty BUT they were a bit too light, too similar and too frosty for me as a whole. I wished there'd been more mattes in this set. My favorite was Gunmetal, Creep and Hustle. I thought Creep was close to Black tied in color in the pan but so much more pigmented :D. However having said that I couldnt warrant keeping the palette for those few colors so I sold it.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2010 10:40:00 AM More reviews by jilly8805

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product. Given the reviews I went out and bought it ... and promptly returned it. TOO shimmery even with minimal use of color. Looked like my eyes were glowing.

26 out of 45 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2010 6:33:00 AM More reviews by ladyinsane25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an absolutely amazing product and it is worth the hype in every way. I live in Hong Kong where we are deprived of UD :( So I got a friend to send it over from London. It cost her 27 pounds (HK$320) and it is absolutely worth it in terms of price.

It comes with 12 neutral colours, including nudes, golds, browns, greys, pinks, silvery shades and purples. I think you can have a look at the photo and get a good idea of the colours. There are also a number of reviews online. It comes with a double ended eyeliner and a baby UDPP.

The packaging of this is lovely. It's a nice and sleek palette with a velvet brown lid and the word NAKED written in gold lettering. Inside there is a little compartment for the eyeliner and of course the 12 beautiful shadows.

The one thing I HAVE TO commend UD on is the quality of these shadows. I kid you not - they are AMAZING. Normally I swipe my finger across an eyeshadow several times to get a good swatch. With this, one swipe is literally all you need. Even if you do ONE TAP you'll get a pigmented color. Basically, the pigmentation is AWESOME. Also, the shadows are so soft and buttery. I just need to tap my brush in the shadows once or twice and it goes a long way.

I feel like there are more useful reviews out there for more detail but all I want to say is - If you're thinking about getting this palette, stop thinking and buy it. I don't think you can find better value anywhere else. I LOVVEEEE this and will probably use it every day :) Thank you, Urban Decay for an amazing product at a great price and PLEAASEEEE come to Hong Kong!