April 23, 2014 | 1953 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by iuhooch625

I've had this palette for a month but I wanted to wait and use this a while before I submitted my review.

The main reason for my three lippie rating, which stands out from all the other glowing reviews, is that in a nutshell, I'm just not in love with the colors. And no, it's not because I don't like neutrals in general. I wear neutrals nearly every day as a working professional. I feel like I've given this palette a fair chance, creating day time and night time looks, and I've been incredibly underwhelmed. The biggest problem for me is that this is a very warm palette, and I feel like most of the shadows just make me look tired and muddy. In all honesty, I've wanted to reach for my Wet N Wild single in Nutty most mornings rather than this palette.

Some of the colors that I do like are Darkhorse, Hustle, and Virgin. I had high hopes for Sidecar, which is one of the glittery shades, because it looks so beautiful in the pan, but on my skin, it barely shows up. I feel like if you are a person that generally tries to avoid warm toned shadows, this palette might not be for you.

So like others have said...yes, the quality is excellent; yes, it's an awesome deal for the price. But, what good is any of that if you aren't really digging the colors?? Unfortunately, I've found this palette to be overhyped.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2010 1:07:00 PM More reviews by kamare

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

this is, hands down, the best palette i have ever seen. i am so in love. thank god this is not limited edition or i'd be stockpiling right now! i'll definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2010 8:53:00 AM More reviews by MysticM

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I felt compelled to buy this because of the rave reviews and the beautiful colours, but on using I'm slightly dissapointed. The glitter is OTT, could do with more satin shades. They are also quite soft and crumbly, did not expect them this given the price point. Colours are gorgeous, and the combinations are beautiful. Wouldn't buy again, but I am enjoying it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2010 6:59:00 AM More reviews by tinaaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG palette!! I ve never tried UD before because their products are kind of expensive. I mean, $17 for a single eyeshadow??Come on!! Well after reading all these glowy reviews and watching a million u tube videos I decided to give this a try. Well to be honest I paid more on ebay as it is sold out anywhere else ( this palette is also not available in Greece so I had to buy this online) I actually paid $ 70 instead of $44 but i dont regret it at ALL!!! This palette is outrageous!!! I havent experienced anything like that before!! The colours are EXTREMELY pigmented and the colour pay off is AMAZING!!!! You barely touch the eyeshadow and your finger is full of colour!!! I had convinced myself that such products dont exist as i ve tried a lot of different eyeshadow brands. I am a huge fan of VIRGIN. It is a buttery highlight colour. It almost feels like a cream to your finger!! The quality of these eyeshadows are SUPERB!!! I dont believe i ll find anything better concerning the quality. I was so happy to hear that this palette is not a limited edition one(if it was i would buy 4 of these LOL) I forgot to mention that u get 12 FULL sized eyeshadows so imagine how little u pay for all these stuff.U also get a double ended eyeliner in black and brown (zero and whiskey) and a mini primer potion! I couldnt ask for more!!!! I would give this palette 100000 lippies if i could!!! I prefer the UD eyeshadow quality over mac as i think they are so easy to work with,extremely blendable and soooo pigmented!! If you are into neutrals Ι strongly suggest u go out and buy one too!! U wont regret it trust me!! BEST PALETTE EVER!!! THANK U URBAN DECAY!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2010 12:26:00 AM More reviews by lsmiles13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am really enjoying this so far! It's my first UD eyeshadow purchase and I think the value is excellent. I've been only using this palette for the past few weeks but I keep grabbing it first and I think my other shadows are getting sad in the bottom of my makeup bag. lol Virgin is awesome for eyebrow and inner eye corner highlight!!! It's probably one of my fav colors in the entire palette.

My only gripe about this so far is that i'm not crazy about the brown eyeliner shade (it looks strange on me. I prefer a darker blackish-brown I guess), and I love the shade of Sidecar but it really irritates my eyes (I swear I can feel the glitter all over my eyeballs and contacts, and it hurts!) I've tried it twice now and have actually had to entirely remove my eye makeup and redo. These are the only reason why I rated it a 4...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2010 7:45:00 PM More reviews by angelcakesters

I LOVE THIS PALETTE. I bought this palette for college so I can just bring this and I can create multiple looks including school appropriate and night time wear. I don't really have to bring any other eyeshadow because this palette pretty much covers what I need. $44 is quite an investment, but so worth it considering you get 12 full sized eyeshadows which retail around $14-$17 times 12 plus a two sided eyeliner pencil in black and brown and a mini primer potion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a *great* palette for an enhanced nudish (but not necessarily natural) look. Many colors are shimmery or glittery, and quite a few are rather dark. So this may not serve for low key day wear, some work environments, or someone who doesn't like shimmer or glitter (but if you don't, why buy UD? :-) It is *terrific* for a festive natural look when you don't want bright colors.
PLUSES:
1. The shadows are good sized.
2. There are satin & matte shadows as well as shimmers & glitters. I'm over 60 and matte shadows make my eyes look *dead*! So i'm glad there aren't too many of them. Many of the shadows have a nice controllable shimmer. Only a few are typical UD glitter bombs, and, hey, this old girl likes a bit of glitter once in a while :-)
3. There is a wide range of cool & warm colors: beiges, peaches, browns, & greys, so any skin tone can create great looks.
4. Set includes an adorable mini bottle of primer potion that fits into a small makeup kit. Originally there was a double ended eye liner pencil, black on one end, brown on the other (i like brown eyeliner). Because the pencil manufacturer could not keep up with demand, the new edition has an eyeshadow brush instead.
5. Box has a large mirror inside the shadow case.
WARNING: The palette is too big to fit in a little evening bag. And it won't fit into a standard small handbag. But it fits fine in my current go-to large purse.
MINUS: Only one: The original set included no applicator for the shadows. That may be just as well, because those stubby foam thingies are an abomination. But i have plenty of brushes, so not a problem. And i find i get extra color payoff when i apply UD shadows with my finger tip than a brush. NOTE: Eyeliner pencil manufacturer could not keep up with demand, so now the set DOES come with an eyeshadow brush.
This is absolutely a CLASSIC!

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2010 12:08:00 AM More reviews by csd819

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

OMG! i am in love with this palette no joke! I am so glad this is permanent because i no i will be using these colors for a long time! they are so beautiful and they are good for all skin colors, hair colors, and eye colors. When i saw this on the internet i knew i had to get it and when i did i was in heaven. The eyeliners (whiskey and zero) go on so smooth and of course the primer potion is amazing. i am so happy urban decay came out with this!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2010 4:59:00 PM More reviews by kameelah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not really into crazy bright eyeshadows, so this palette is perfect for me. After weeks and weeks of trying to get it, I finally snagged one from Sephora like a month ago and I've been using it nonstop! The $44 price tag might throw you off, but the amount of product you get is insane. And the colors! OMG, sooo beautiful! And their full size!!! Now, if you're looking for a good matte palette, this may not be for you since there are only 2 matte eyeshadows. But if you love neutrals, like I do, GO GET IT!! There's a nice blend of satins, mattes, shimmers, everything!!! that just make it so easy to use everyday from day to night. Thank God UD did not make this limited edition.... so if you're still trying to get yours, don't worry! You'll get it eventually and it'll totally be worth it! :]

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by possebendy

Thank goodness this is not a limited time product. When I first saw my fav youtube guru doing a make up look with this I knew I had to get it. All 12 full sized shadows + UDPP + 2 sided liner for $44, what's not to love about it. Pretty much all your eye products in one pkg. If I was rich I'd buy one for all my girlfriends!