Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 9/12/2009 10:29:00 PM

nothing special about this one. i look for a fuller coverage, but i am also very fair (too light for NC15) and always fall of the end of the color line. no exception here. lightest color too dark, nothing else stood out about this foundation. very unremarkable. but at least this foundation has a pump!

I just started using this product and I have got to say that I really really like it. I went into a sephora and tried matching myself but thought that even the lightest was too dark, so i asked for some help, they used one of those air brush brushes and it blended perfectly with my skin, I use 110 and it just a tad darker, so im very pale. I really like this because its sheer, and it adds a nice glow to my skin, and i dont need to use barely any at all for the look that i want!
I jsut wish it wasnt in a pump, i feel like when i run out of it its going to be hiding some of it in the pump, and that ill be upset about since it is 40 bucks.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hate this hate this hate this!!!! It's making me break out and it only goes on smoothly with a primer. I thought it could be an alternative to my expensive dior airflash...but it isn't... I'm definitly going back to my airflash... so far it's the best foundation I've ever had and it healed my skin and acne scars... I can't believe people are ranting and raving about the HD Foundation all over youtube... thanks to them I'm now going to have to return over 100 dollars worth of products tomorrow... buying this foundation is the biggest mistake I've made makeup wise. It's just not worth $40 dollars... especially since it doesn't have that great of a coverage. BLAH BLAH BLAH.
goodbye.

on 9/10/2009 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I don't get all the hype about this foundation. I went to Sephora needing a foundation and the sales lady recommended this one, so I got color matched in store. When I started using it, I noticed that it looked unnatural. Perhaps I didn't get color matched correctly because it made me look even more yellow (I'm asian so I have the yellow undertones). The concept of HD foundation is great, but this is a so-so product. It is medium to full coverage, but didn't cover my acne or marks good at all. I like my foundation to cover everything; I don't like using concealer. It also does not last so I had to do touch ups along the day. It doesn't blend well that way, either. I noticed in photos this foundation looks great, but in real life there was something off about the texture. This foundation is NOT worth $40, long live Revlon ColorStay.

on 9/10/2009 3:49:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I picked up this in shade 118 Marble as I am NC-25 in Mac and the match was pretty good. It cover blemishes and sunspots well and blends easily. However I find that when I use this on days that my skin is oilier like around "that time of the month" it tends to cake and feel heavy. So a note to one self if you have oily skin get a sample first to see how it will look and feel on you. The bottle will last me a long time since a little goes a long way. It's $40 for 1.01 oz @ Sephora.

on 9/8/2009 4:01:00 PM

This didn't work for me. The color was a good match, but it settled into fine lines and pores, even with a very light application. It felt a bit heavy, which I would've lived with, had it given me the flawless coverage it promised.

I have to say that I had very high expectations with this product. All the makeup gurus have been going on and on about this foundation so I thought I would try a bottle. It didn't give me any coverage but the coloring of it was nice. I liked the variety with the colors. It was not worth the 40 bucks though.

on 9/8/2009 8:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Wow, I think I've found my HG foundation. I used smashbox FX for a long time, and while it was very decent, I gound it a little too shiny and overly dewy- especially later in the day. MUFE HD offers a natural looking flawless face (seriously u could prbly wear it and trick ppl into believing u weren't wearing hardly any makeup and naturally had perfect skin). It goes on nicely and isn't heavy at all. I have slightly oily, sensitive skin with some redness and a few blemishes and love this product for myself. If you like a heavy, matte finish (ue. MAC studio fix, Clinique superfit) that looks like u have foundation on, then this isn't for u. Give this a try, you wil get a flawness, natural and glowing look.

on 9/7/2009 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Although this foundation looks pretty good in photos, I wouldn’t recommend it for everyday wear. The color was matched pretty close to my skin, but the formula still looks somewhat cakey and unnatural. It is medium to full coverage, but still doesn’t mask blemishes the way my Mat Velvet Oil Free Foundation (which I love, btw) does. Nor does it look as natural, imo. I usually only use this in the summer when it’s a better match to my completion, or mix it with another foundation for the perfect shade. If you’re looking for a nice HD foundation and can handle a slightly sheerer coverage, head over to Giorgio Armani.

on 9/6/2009 4:46:00 PM

I tried this foundation twice. 2 bottles, 2 different shades ove a time span of 1 month. Getting colormatched was a pain. I'm an NC40-42/C4 in MAC, and the colors they chose for me were either too yellow or too red. The application was okay at first. It seemed to blend in nicely without looking odd/cakey, but after a few hours the foundation turned oily and made me look orange. I gave this foundation 2 chances, and it didnt work out too well for me. I'll stick to MAC F&B and keep looking for something that can offer me more coverage.