August 29, 2014 | 997 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2007 10:25:00 AM More reviews by jnnfryts

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

NOT for women with dry skin. My skin started burning after using this product.After a couple weeks, I stopped using the salicylic base given with it. Thought that would do it. Nope. Thought it might be the harsh brushes. Nope not that either! It really didn't do much for my sun damged skin either, I sooooo wanted to like it. Damn, back to the drawing board! And my skin is still burning, derm said no makeup for at least a week!! Don't know if that is possible!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2007 1:47:00 AM More reviews by codonohue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

BEWARE:
I first tried this product and LOVED it! It went on beautifully and my face never looked more pretty in photos! However a month after using it I started breaking out horribly! Almost a rash like break out! And I had acne prone skin before using this product, but for a good year my skin was under control and almost flawless! Anyway, so I started breaking out just horribly and NOTHING would get rid of it! I changed shampoos, face washes, face lotions, changed my eating habits, everything except the BM b/c I was so convinced it was "all natural" and just the way it makes your skin look when you first apply it is just awesome! However, after 6 months of this and just my face was getting worse and worse and I was starting to develop cystic acne, I just had enough and finally thought about BM and put two and two together and so I did some research and the main ingredient Bismuth Oxychloride is a FILLER and not a real earth mineral and is very BAD for skin, especially sensitive, acne, oily, prone skin!! And can cause rashes, itching, cystic acne!! Now I'm not going to completely bash this product b/c some people do really well on this product, but i'll tell you which people I think it is.....People who have very small pores, non sensitive skin, non oily skin, and non acne prone skin! Now I'm not a doctor, just that's what I'm observing through my research. Also it makes since...you have skin that produces oil throughout the day, the powder gets caught in the oil and essentially can form to a small clump, goes into pore, clogs pore, creates acne. ALSO the brush you use to apply the make up gets dirty over time and you are just reapplying bacteria onto your skin and old oil from previous applications, clean that brush and frequently change it!! and never use it on non clean skin, so always wash your face before touching that brush to your skin....Anyway, here is an article talking about mineral make up, read the whole thing if you feel like it, but page 3 is where it gets to the nitty gritty of how much mineral make up can be damaging to skin and tells you why! please read this article! I have stopped using the BM but it has damaged my skin and it is going to take some time with more frequent exfoliation that helps promote new cell growth, for my skin to go back to normal! When I found all of this out, I was very upset and I really believe people need to know!

UPDATE: I don't want to completely bash mineral make up b/c again some people aren't affected by the ingredients. So just know as with any product you try, you take a risk and just know that you can't believe every advertisement that says "all natural" and research the ingredients for every product you try for your own protection against harming your skin. If this product is an irritant to your skin as it was to mine and you still want to use a mineral form make up, than find a make up that doesn't contain the Bismuth b/c there are mineral make ups out there that don't contain that b/c it is known to be an irritant to some people's skin..if it's the Bismuth that you're reacting too. It might be the other ingredients too, who knows, It's a trial and error process with all face products. You have to decide if it's worth it or not! But most likely had I known about the irritants of Bismuth I probably wouldn't have tried it b/c I know I have sensitive skin. I hope this helps people, and to the people that it works well for, that's awesome and I wish I could say it did the same for me!

33 out of 40 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2007 11:32:00 PM More reviews by asilk85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

At first I hated this product, but after I got the hang of applying it, I think I'll keep using it. It looks a lot more natural than liquid foundation does. I especially like the warmth because it is like a bronzer, but more subtle.

Pros:
natural looking
long lasting
decreases shine

Cons:
not good for older skin
messy
takes longer to apply

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2007 10:35:00 PM More reviews by mirrorpalais

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

BM are a life saver. It took a while to learn how to use properly though. When i dont have any major break outs people will come up to me and tell me i have beautiful skin(i dont at all muahahha!) I'm young so i still get pimples and im not sure if it is because i wear makeup, but i have a feeling BM has little if not anything to do with breakouts. If youre going to buy this, make sure you have a friend or a sephora employee show you how to apply it because it can look really gross if you dont know what youre doing.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2007 1:06:00 AM More reviews by secreteuphony

Okay, I think this is a love hate kind of thing. I believe mineral makeup and the whole BM line is great for people with normal skin, oily skin types, with no major issues other than like blotchy skin.

Stay away if you have combo, dry, large pores, acne, because this stuff will only emphasis those issues.

I hate that you have to layer product on top of product, I thought the whole point was to wear less! But with BM you need too many products, viel, foundation, blush, bronzer, etc, it's all too much for me.

Personally, I thought it looked atrocious on me and gave me magnified pores. I prefer liquid foundation, hands down. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2007 10:30:00 PM More reviews by andreseeta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best thing I could have ever done for my skin! These products not only make my skin look flawless, but actually flawless. No more breakouts! (I have (had) very oily breakout prone skin. After wearing this makeup, there are nights when I forget to wash my face and sleep with the makeup on, and guess what? NO BREAKOUTS! I am constantly getting complemented on my "radiant beautiful skin". and that is all thanks to bare minerals ;)

incredible makeup line!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2007 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Dewdewdew

I wish I read the reviews before I tried. The SA told me it is good for Acne prone skin. Such regretful thing I have done! It broke me out terribly. If you have acne prone skin, watch out. I am still suffering from clogged pore after half an year. I want my clear skin back...

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2007 2:29:00 PM More reviews by BluEArieL

I bought this product after hearing raves from a colleague. She told me that this product makes her skin looks flawless and v. natural. I didnt see her without makeup but her skin looks pretty gd so i was convinced.

Bought it, used it. On my first 2 days of using it, i received alot of good comments from frens. They were surprised with my "refreshed" and glowy face and even enquired abt this product. But a mth into using this, i dont receive positive comments and i dont even feel that it makes my skin looks gd.

I noticed my breakouts before i read the reviews here so i am not biased. But after 1 mth of usage, i noticed that i have alot of clogged pores(i dont know if its white heads) around the bottom of my nose and i've got a couple of new pimples. I dont know whats the exact cause..can be BE, can be my diet/lack of sleep. But whatever it is, i do notice some negative effects after using it. I may switch back to using my RMK n Chanel liquid foundation..and pay attention to my skin to see if it improves. lets hope it does!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2007 10:02:00 PM More reviews by nglilikhanh

This product doesn't cover well and doesn't last that long. It looks okay for the first 10 minutes or so but after that it all fades away. I would say it doesn't work as well as I thought it would.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2007 6:28:00 PM More reviews by hyperhoops

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I purchased the tan/medium tan intro kit this past summer. I wanted to try a new foundation, especially after I read how studio fix screws up your skin.

THE BAD
1) This product is very messy. It does get better over time, but I hate how it gets everywhere! To remedy the problem, I took out the sifters and placed tape on to cover all the holes except for 1-3 of them (1 for warmth and 3 for mineral veil and foundation)

2) I didnt like having to swirl in the cover of the jar, so I took out the white plastic part based since others have recommended it. This also adds to the mess. Thankfully I did not throw away the white parts.

3) I always break out whenever I use this. I never broke out from using studio fix.

4) The brushes in the intro kit were very scratchy. I didn't like it, so I tried using my 129sh brushes. This helped, but I wish i had a better brush to use.

5) I looked shiny at the end of the day.

6) I wore this during the summer, so I would sweat. Sweat + Bare Minerals = ITCHY FACE!!

7) It was tricky to find the right color. After trying tan, med. tan and warm tan, I was matched as a warm tan. But I decided to get the tan/med tan kit bc it would be cheaper than buying everything separately. Then i bought the warm tan after having the kit for a week. Big mistake. Warm tan was too dark on me at home. poop. It also made me look like I was flustered. Not a great look to have. Finally med. tan plus a pinch of tan worked for me, but I was not interested in mixing everyday.

8) The coverage isnt so great. I do not have bad acne scarring, but there are some scars left. Even using the concealer brush did not help. THe only way for it to really work was to layer it on.

Now for THE GOOD
1) It evened out my skintone and made me looked polished. yay! That is what I really want in a foundation

2) I don't feel like I have a mask on my face.

3) The box makes a great place to store makeup if you dont have a little traincase.

So overall, I will defintiely not repurchase. I also think it has made my skin look gross and older. =(