October 22, 2014 | 1501 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2007 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Candacedw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One of my good friends recommended this product to me. It looks beautiful on her skin, and when I tried it on, I loved it. I could not wait to get my kit in the mail. At first,it looked good on my face and I knew then and there I could never go back to liquid foundation. After several weeks, I began to break out severely. I have never had perfect skin, but I had the breakouts under control. I did not want to believe it was the BE but after I washed my face at night, my skin looked better after just a few hours. The breakouts were all over my face and out of control. (FYI, I do wash my brushes regularly and I was still having this dilhema.) I researched the product a lot and came across reviews about Everyday Minerals. You can order a sample kit and pay only for the shipping. I have been using my sample kit for about a week and my skin looks better than it has in months. I really HATE that BE did not work out for me, but so far I am really happy with EM, I ordered a kit yesterday.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2007 4:56:00 PM More reviews by beaumonde77

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

WHY NOT TO USE THIS PRODUCT. If you don't care about the health of your skin, by all means disregaurd this and use the B.E. products. I've been using all types of bare minerals products for about a year and a half and now I've decided to call it quits. It was good while it lasted but I recently discovered that, though this product claims to be 100% pure and whatnot, there is a faulty ingredient. Its called Bismuth Oxychloride. This ingredient causes irritation, redness, and it enlarges pores. Its no good and it's in almost all of the bare minerals products! I reuse to use this line ever again and I am immediately switching over to graden botanica... Trust me people, DO NOT USE THE MINERALS. Though I loved it, and it served me very well, it does more harm than good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2007 8:43:00 AM More reviews by Steph0891

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

nc25 and i was able to swap for LIGHT. i remember trying this years ago and just didn't like it much at the time since i felt it didn't have enough coverage for me so i had given it to my mom and she loved it. i decided to give it another try since i had a chance to swap for it and this time around i love it. makes my skin look so flawless. has just enough coverage w/out making it look cakey. lasts a long time too. when i wear this i get compliments on how flawless my skin looks and am asked what i wear if any. could be my new hg. tempted to try other mineral makeup brands tho. lol. nothing wrong w/ this...i'm just makeup crazy and am the type to try many before settling. haha.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2007 6:46:00 PM More reviews by tomchik

Sadly, I wore bare minerals fairly light 1.2 foundation for about 2 years before I finally caught a glimpse of myself in full sun in the summer... yikes!!! This stuff oxidizes horribly - I looked like an oompa loompa. It was the first mineral makeup I tried, and I stuck with it despite the fact that it sweated off, caked up, and made my face itch (I hated liquid foundation that much more). I recently discovered everyday minerals and was finally able to kick BE to the curb.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2007 2:37:00 AM More reviews by triniloveyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have acne-prone skin and this product works well for me because it does not make me break out like some other foundations do. I like it for that reason. but none of their shades match my skin good, they all give my face a whitish appearance to it and the holes in the containers are way too big, it always spills everywhere.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2007 10:54:00 PM More reviews by perklunk9

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First off: The color selection is just terrible. If you are pale, or dark, forget about it! Not to mention there is only one formula, when there are so many different types of skin out there. Bare minerals is overpriced and low quality. If you're looking for the best mineral makeup, try everydayminerals instead! They have free samples, great color selection and prices, not to mention it works a million times better than this garbage.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2007 6:05:00 PM More reviews by sbprincess21

I never had a very good color match with B.E. I was literally right in between faily light and light, but I have such an unmatchable skin tone anyways (always had problems finding the perfect color), so that is not entirely B.E.'s fault. The powder can get cakey, and it never looked completely flawless...the more I buffed the more it would bring out the dry flakes in my skin. It also made my skin look very shiny, which are some of the main complaints I've heard from other people too. Urban Decay Surreal Skin Mineral Makeup is comparable, and it does not leave a shiny finish but more matte, it has good coverage, and is put on with a powder puff instead. It's better than B.E., but still not the best I've ever used.

Overall, B.E. just didn't work for me no matter how much I really really wanted it to, and kept going back to it. I love the idea of a powder foundation, but as of now, the search for the perfect one is still on.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2007 2:14:00 PM More reviews by ripsgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Women should really understand what thay are putting on their skin when using products containing Bismuth Oxychloride. To be fair BE is not the only mineral makeup line to use this, Bismuth Oxychloride is considered a mineral but is not found in the earth! It is a BYPRODUCT of LEAD and COPPER processing and is considered a SKIN IRRITANT ! EW not something I personally want on my skin. My neighbor had flawless [ really] skin and after using BE is still trying to return it to that state. I fortunately reacted right away with a red, itchy rash and stopped using it .Bismuth Oxychloride is also used in many liquid foundations and other makeup products.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2007 12:26:00 PM More reviews by annaschloo

I was really surprised that this product did so poorly on MUA; but after reading the reviews I realize that the only reason why BM gets bad reviews is because it doesn't agree with some people's skin and not because the product is not good.

I switched over from my liquid foundation and have been using this for over a month now. I am NC35-40 and I use Medium Tan. It am so surprised at how long lasting this is. I put it on at 8 in the morning and it is still there at 2 am the next morning, without any touchups. It feels sooooo natural - when i used the liquid foundation I always had desires to wash my face around 3 pm but with this i never remember that i have it on...it's true, you do use less and less of it the more you use it

My skin wasn't bad before but I think liquid foundation made my naked face look like the living dead - I would be really insecure about going places without makeup, but since I started using BM I have liked how my naked face looks more too

I apply this with my 182 kabuki and find that I don't really have to do the whole tapping thing (oh well, less wasted product) it just glides on perfectly. There is a ton of product, I really don't forsee using the full-size up within a year, but if i do i will definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2007 11:44:00 AM More reviews by BrandedPrincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The first time I used this, I thought it was the worst product out there, but when I finally learned to use it right, I know think it's one of the best products out there. I have really dry/sensitive skin and I have been using this product for 3 years now. It actually improved my skin, I don't break out and I get compliments on my "flawless" skin. I tried liquid foundation for dry skin, but it always ends up irritating my sensitive skin and it dries my skin out more. At least with Bare Minerals, it doesn 't dry out my skin. The wear time is short though. I would like to try their primer to see if it makes the foundation last longer. Anyway, this isn't for everyone just like every other product out there, some will like it and others won't. The key to make this work is to blend really well and just put on a little amount, layering accordingly.