April 16, 2014 | 944 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2007 4:43:00 PM More reviews by pinkne0nstars

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i bought this after hearing so many good things about it. i bought it expecting my face to clear up because my friend's face cleared up after using this foundation. about a month after i started using it my face started breaking out worse than it usually does (i've always had oily acne-prone skin). i didn't think it was from this makeup until about 5 months after using it. so now thanks to bare minerals, my face has terrible acne scars and way too many pimples. i wish i never used this make up!! also this foundation and the mineral veil didnt really absorb oil and my face was oily when wearing this.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2007 More reviews by jessamine20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had breakouts with this too!!!!! and yes, not a great deal of cover. I have now switched to jrminerals and my skin has cleared tremendously; much better than the bare escentuals range. I was so dissapointed with this stuff after everything I'd heard.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2007 9:32:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict87

The only thing I like about this product is the coverage; it's perfect for a face that doesn't need A LOT of coverage. However, the product is breaking me out! I've always had a few pimples on my face, but this foundation ruined my skin. I've never see so many zits on my face! Bare Minerals has bismuth in it, and that one ingredient is the devil to a clear face! Stay away from Bare Minerals if you're acne prone.
I've already ordered a sample from Everyday Minerals, and I have high hopes for that product. I can't wait to get it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2007 6:00:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After using Bare Escentuals powder foundation for about 3 years, and I have finally decided to look for another brand of mineral makeup.
While I love that this makeup is oil-free, non pore-clogging, and contains an SPF 15, it is fairly heavy-looking (not at all natural looking). Plus, it makes my skin look super-shiny and leaves a whitish cast. Another downside, they do not have a wide range of shades, so I have not been able to find a color that matches my skin.
After I finish my current jar, I will be buying something else. The bottom line is, I need a mineral makeup with a matte finish and more shade selections.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2007 12:20:00 PM More reviews by barbinez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't understand why so many women LOVE this stuff. I used this for awhile but have since switched back to liquid foundation. For one, I have large pores, and this makes them stand out even more. And if my skin is the least bit dry, this will make my skin have dry flakes all over it. I just don't get it. And a lot of women say it makes them feel like they're wearing no makeup at all - not me!!! This stuff feels even cakier than foundation if you're not careful. And it makes my skin look bad. And they don't even have a shade that truly matches my skin tone. So, it may be called the all-time best foundation, but I'm OVER IT!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/31/2007 9:28:00 AM More reviews by betsy075

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product made my pores look like potholes! It should have come with arrows to help draw even more attention to them. Save your money. Buy regular foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/30/2007 7:48:00 PM More reviews by yummi4tunekookie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ignoring the faulty color, this foundation paired with the mineral veil is wonderful. The coverage was perfect yet natural, the "glow" wasn't too shiny for me, and it kept oilies at bay pretty well.

HOWEVER.

I'm Asian and very fair. I got this in the lightest yellow-based shade, Light, and it was exceedingly dark--and turned ORANGE. I'm positive that I've been applying correctly, and tried to make this work by using less and less, but alas, still dark and orange!

I was an MMU newbie, but luckily I also ordered some Alima and EM and Laura Mercier--all three are so much better, especially in the color selection! Don't waste your money on this, please.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2007 7:18:00 PM More reviews by askew_r

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have never had a breakout in my life till I tried this product. It made my face look like a pizza. It also made my pores look like craters

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2007 2:14:00 PM More reviews by missy24680

Great foundation, powder, blush, concealer.. all products are in a league of their own. This is a very different type of makeup, if used correctly very successful. I started using this 7 years ago when i saw it on an infomercial, and then i had acne, and this got me through a lot!! great natural coverage... its a good idea to watch the video of this. i use all the blushes today.. they give a very healthy glow.. every person is different waht works for one may not work for another but this product is definately worth it to try out!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2007 1:05:00 PM More reviews by JaeMann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the worst thing I have ever put on my face. I looked worse with it on than I did without any makeup at all. I suppose if you have perfectly textured skin with only coloration issues, this might work for you. Every single line (and thousands I didn't know I had) popped out. Without makeup I look about 25. With this on I looked about 40. Not only that but I only have 3 reasons to wear foundation. Dark circles, two acne scars, and a scar near my lip. All three were visible with this on. I didn't wear it long enough to know about drying out or how long it stays. I washed it off after about 4 hours. I would have washed it off sooner if I was at home.
Also, the makeup was applied in store by one of their technitions. So I know it wasn't an issue of how it was applied.
I am amazed at how many women older than I were in the store. Considering it drew out every bump and line, I would assume it would only be popular among the very young.