BeneFit Cosmetics Benetint

3.6

2033 reviews

WATER (AQUA), POLYSORBATE 20, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CARMINE (CI 75470), METHYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), TETRASODIUM EDTA, GERANIOL, LINALOOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, CITRONELLOL, MALTODEXTRIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, BHT

on 3/3/2003 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a liquid blush that is suppose to mimic the look and smell of roses, though it does not work on the cheeks. Instead of giving a natural rose tint it gives a red streak that stains the cheek and is very hard to remove. I have oily skin and I cannot imagine how this works on dry cheeks. It does however make a decent natural rose stain for the lips, which lasts all day and looks au natural. I still have a full bottle sitting in my bathroom since 1997.

Okay, I noticed that all the reviews for the lip part of benetint were under "benitint", which makes it pretty hard to find...I absolutely loathe this product. It went back to the store the same day so I could something I could actually wear. The smell was awful, just like old ladies, the texture was too watery, it looked like nothing on my lips, except in the cracks, which just looked gross, and it was completely not worth the price. I can not say enough about how disappointed I was with this product. Especially after reading glowing raves about it in every fashion/make up magazine...How much is benefit paying these people? Honestly! It's a terrible product and definitely not worth the price.

I loved the packaging of this; it was like a bottle of nailpolish, which stored neatly in my make-up bag and was easy to use. I also loved the light rose scent. I can only really see this working on a PPP though...I'm light, with yellow undertones, and found it way too sheer for me. It gave my lips a little bit of colour, but not really any different than what I get from a Dr. Pepper Lipsmackers. It didn't really give my cheeks any colour either.

on 2/28/2003 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Couldn't get this to work at all on my lips (doesn't go on evenly and is very drying). It does provide a fairly lasting flush color on the cheeks, but it emphasizes every last scar and imperfection. For acne-prone or otherwise less then perfect skin, look elsewhere.

on 2/27/2003 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love using Benetint as a sheer wash of rosy color for my cheeks. However, on my lips it is very drying and looks bizarre. I also think it's way too expensive, but it does last a long time. Overall, I think it's a good product but a bit overrated.

on 2/25/2003 10:35:00 PM

Um yea, today i got to watch some poor gurl at Sephora wrestle with this, needles to pay, she left with two red splotches on her cheeks, if youre not fast i guess it can end up looking like rosacea, i wish they had other shades than a raspberry red.

on 2/22/2003 11:23:00 AM

I used this on my cheeks and it gave a great color that lasts all day. On my lips it didn't last at all, and made them really dry. The packaging is just awful. It's clumsy and has spilled out more than once. Although I like it as a blush, I don't think I'll be buying it again.

on 2/22/2003 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Again, I really wanted to like this, but I'm just not a berry colored gal...:(

on 10/17/2002 10:42:00 PM

I gave this four lipsticks simply because it's not a spectacular beauty product for me, and I don't use it enough to warrant a rave. It gives a very natural flush, and stays well throughout the day- great for casual days, just to boost your colour when feeling pallid. :-) I find this easier to blend than Nars Colourwashes.

on 2/18/2003 6:44:00 PM

Okay this product can go either way for me. First, I hate the way you have to apply it, the packaging gives me the perception that I will be putting nail polish on my lips and face. Secondly, it is super-watery and you have to be very careful how to apply. When applied, I can say that I like how it looks on my cheeks, which gives me a naturally blushing look. Make sure that your face is clean and has been moisturized prior to application for a smooth/even appearance. When I apply it to my lips (I have very full lips that tend dry), the color intensely adheres to the dryest parts of my lips so it is uneven. I have tried exfoliating first, and done this/that, but if I have to do that much, I might as well just apply a moisturizing lip gloss. I would buy this again because it looks great on my cheeks, it feels light on my face, doesn't wipe off and lasts all day long.

Another fyi tidbit... if you like Benetint, try Sonia Kashuk's Sheer Bliss lip and cheek tint, a great Benetint copy for only $7 at Target, Walmart, ect. :)

Popular Blush Products