April 23, 2014 | 883 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2006 6:10:00 PM More reviews by ChaosAndCandy

I do think this has good hydrating qualities and an inoffensive smell. Dry-skinned people may benefit from it. People with oily skin WILL NOT. It made my face really greasy. The "metal" part of the cap separated from the plastic cap base fairly quickly, too. Wouldn't use this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2006 2:54:00 AM More reviews by ailsa_alright

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think this is one moisturiser that eventually every girl gets around to trying. I don't know if i would pay for this myself ( i recieved it as a gift) it's a good moisturiser, it feels nice on my skin and i definatly feels like it hydrates it. i use this under make up and after washing my face etc. I found the packaging to be really cute, but not completly practical, control the amount can be difficult. while it's not a bad moisteriser, i dont think its benefits justify the price! i think there are better moisturisers for less out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2006 10:48:00 AM More reviews by bande4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to hate Clinique DDML but my skin got so dry that it was literally flaking off. I have congested super dry skin so I was afraid to try it again and breakout. But I was desperate. I went through a serious of moisturizers - high end and low end, middle of the road - you name it. Well, I gave in and have been using it all over my eyes, face and neck for 2 months. Now my skin is beautiful. The dryness is gone and no breakouts. If anything my skin has not broken out at all. It looks flawless. It's cheap - $23 for 4.2 oz and lasts forever. I don't smell anything and I love the texture. Worked wonders on my skin! I think the simpler the product and the less ingredients it has the better my skin acts and looks. I have found my HG moisturizer! But this is not for people with oily skin. Try the DDM Gel instead. I use the Gel in the Summer but I'll probably have to mix in a little Lotion for my dry skin. I prefer a simple product to fancy products that contain 20 ingredients and end up irritating and breaking out my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2006 7:46:00 PM More reviews by sammydavis

Not for those of us with oily skin. Does not absorb into the skin, causes irritation, no benefits to using at all. Waste of money. I seem to have a problem with a number of Cliniques products.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2006 9:09:00 AM More reviews by catsrsmarterthandogs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This moisturizer just doesn't do anything for my skin except for giving me white heads. My mom loves it. For my skin, I feel it's just to heavy. I prefer a water based lotion, than to something with mineral oil for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2006 5:55:00 PM More reviews by vms1

This is an outdated moisturizer that has no beneficial ingredients for your skin except for the Mineral oil that traps in moisture. If you read the label youll see that it has no antioxidants or any good stuff for your skin. Unless your skin is dry and needs the heavy mineral based moisturizer dont bother. Even then, theres better ones out there then this Vaseline like moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2006 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Luv_MAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG face moisturizer. I have to use more in the winter and I still have dry enough skin that I need it in the summer. It does not turn my makeup to mush in the heat. I have never broke out from it. It has no perfume/flowery smell like alot of moisturizers. I have tried other products and I either couldn't stand the smell or it made my face feellike an oil slick after a few hours.

My DH loves this stuff. He does seem to prefer the gel version lately though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2006 10:07:00 PM More reviews by thirdstrokelucky

I don't use this anymore. My face became extremely irritated earlier this year (b/c of another line of facial products--not Clinique) and I found that DDML wasn't moisturizing enough. My skin was craving for more moisture that I had to switch to another brand of moisturizer. Strangely when I did use this in the past, my face became oily later in the day. I'm now using the amount I have left as a hand lotion.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2006 4:09:00 PM More reviews by gshrop

Using this is like using foot scented oil!

It never absorbs, smells sick, and doesn't make your skin feel smooth or moisturized!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2006 11:03:00 AM More reviews by xuelint

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have to thank the SA for giving me a sample of this to try. This doesn't absorb into my skin and it makes my normal/combination skin oily. Yucks! Needless to say, I stopped using the sample after 2 days. I am not surprised by the negative comments made by other members.