December 18, 2014 | 1785 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2006 10:07:00 PM More reviews by thirdstrokelucky

I don't use this anymore. My face became extremely irritated earlier this year (b/c of another line of facial products--not Clinique) and I found that DDML wasn't moisturizing enough. My skin was craving for more moisture that I had to switch to another brand of moisturizer. Strangely when I did use this in the past, my face became oily later in the day. I'm now using the amount I have left as a hand lotion.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2006 4:09:00 PM More reviews by gshrop

Using this is like using foot scented oil!

It never absorbs, smells sick, and doesn't make your skin feel smooth or moisturized!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2006 11:03:00 AM More reviews by xuelint

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have to thank the SA for giving me a sample of this to try. This doesn't absorb into my skin and it makes my normal/combination skin oily. Yucks! Needless to say, I stopped using the sample after 2 days. I am not surprised by the negative comments made by other members.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2006 11:44:00 PM More reviews by annemosca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ick...this stuff is cheap and nasty. I can't belive I ever used this...now when I get the free gift I give it away immediately or use it on my legs after shaving. It is just sticky and watery....What a waste of money. Now I use DHC Olive Oil and am in heaven. My acne has gotten so much better, and my days of cheapo smelly yellow Clinique moisturizer are OVER. Thank God.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2006 11:44:00 PM More reviews by shastax

Not to sound like a conspiracy theorist or anything, but isn't it interesting that the moment I stepped away from this over-publicized "three step system," including this foul, yellow-for-no-reason lotion, my acne substantially improved? Oh to be sure, this moisturizer didn't *seem* to make me break out on a regular basis, but it seemed like I was forever trapped in a vicious cycle of occasional acne when I was using this system. Yes, it does impart some moisture, but, I mean, so does Split Pea soup, but that doesn't mean you should wear it on your face every day. Clinique has come up with some advanced formulations in the last few years (the turnaround line is really effective, actually), but this is a relic of the past that they should have banished long ago. Go ahead, keep purchasing your pricey tubes of yellow gunk while I'm at the drugstore purchasing any number of cheaper, more effective alternatives.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2006 8:55:00 PM More reviews by onitacy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The one thing I really HATE about Clinique is their insistence on pushing this slimy lotion -- from the GWP to the SAs. Its always the first thing they try to pitch to you. Thank GOd, I had a very experienced Clinique SA and she pointed me in the right direction to Moisture on Line. She asked questions and did not assume anything. A previous reviewer said it was for dry skin, well I have VERY dry skin and it was still a grease pit. YUCK!!!! :-[

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2006 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Lindabear

i actually like this moisturizer but i will only wear it at night cause it makes me oily durring the day. i wear the gel durring the day. this is the moisturizer that works for my skin, i tried others and it not as moisturizing as this. this is my favoriteeee

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2006 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Maria157

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is rubbish. All marketing hype. This product couldn't moisturize a stick of butter. The only thing 'dramatically different' about it is that it does absolutely nothing for you. Don't waste your money - it is a mid-price moisturizer but when you think you can buy a jar of simple Vitamin E cream for $6 that can do much more for you, don't bother. I am also upset with their sales consultants who recently conned my mother in to buying this when she asked them if they did a moisturizing cream suitable for extremely dry skin, which she has. They should know their 'lotion' can't cut if for someone with dry skin, and should not push their unsuitable products on people.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2006 2:17:00 AM More reviews by AndreaLeigh

This was my HG staple for years. I started using Clinique's three step system in high school and just kept right on using it. My mom would stock me up for the rest of the year at Christmas. Even though my face was a little broken out, red, and dull, I just kept right on using it. I am one of those people who believe you need to use full line of something, so I resisted changing. I went for a facial at the beginning of the year and my facialist had a fit when I told her I used this product. I realized then - why do I use this product?

Edit: I ran out of moisturizer and used this for a week. GROSS! In just a week I had huge pores and a face full of blackheads. I will NEVER use again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2006 3:01:00 AM More reviews by satinsheets

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I always think of this lotion as a drink for my skin, it's quite moisturizing but I dont find it extraordinarily exceptional or anything. I like the yellow color and the scent but sometimes it feels a little waxy on my face.