July 28, 2014 | 957 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2006 9:09:00 AM More reviews by catsrsmarterthandogs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This moisturizer just doesn't do anything for my skin except for giving me white heads. My mom loves it. For my skin, I feel it's just to heavy. I prefer a water based lotion, than to something with mineral oil for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2006 5:55:00 PM More reviews by vms1

This is an outdated moisturizer that has no beneficial ingredients for your skin except for the Mineral oil that traps in moisture. If you read the label youll see that it has no antioxidants or any good stuff for your skin. Unless your skin is dry and needs the heavy mineral based moisturizer dont bother. Even then, theres better ones out there then this Vaseline like moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2006 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Luv_MAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG face moisturizer. I have to use more in the winter and I still have dry enough skin that I need it in the summer. It does not turn my makeup to mush in the heat. I have never broke out from it. It has no perfume/flowery smell like alot of moisturizers. I have tried other products and I either couldn't stand the smell or it made my face feellike an oil slick after a few hours.

My DH loves this stuff. He does seem to prefer the gel version lately though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2006 10:07:00 PM More reviews by thirdstrokelucky

I don't use this anymore. My face became extremely irritated earlier this year (b/c of another line of facial products--not Clinique) and I found that DDML wasn't moisturizing enough. My skin was craving for more moisture that I had to switch to another brand of moisturizer. Strangely when I did use this in the past, my face became oily later in the day. I'm now using the amount I have left as a hand lotion.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2006 4:09:00 PM More reviews by gshrop

Using this is like using foot scented oil!

It never absorbs, smells sick, and doesn't make your skin feel smooth or moisturized!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2006 11:03:00 AM More reviews by xuelint

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have to thank the SA for giving me a sample of this to try. This doesn't absorb into my skin and it makes my normal/combination skin oily. Yucks! Needless to say, I stopped using the sample after 2 days. I am not surprised by the negative comments made by other members.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2006 11:44:00 PM More reviews by annemosca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ick...this stuff is cheap and nasty. I can't belive I ever used this...now when I get the free gift I give it away immediately or use it on my legs after shaving. It is just sticky and watery....What a waste of money. Now I use DHC Olive Oil and am in heaven. My acne has gotten so much better, and my days of cheapo smelly yellow Clinique moisturizer are OVER. Thank God.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2006 11:44:00 PM More reviews by shastax

Not to sound like a conspiracy theorist or anything, but isn't it interesting that the moment I stepped away from this over-publicized "three step system," including this foul, yellow-for-no-reason lotion, my acne substantially improved? Oh to be sure, this moisturizer didn't *seem* to make me break out on a regular basis, but it seemed like I was forever trapped in a vicious cycle of occasional acne when I was using this system. Yes, it does impart some moisture, but, I mean, so does Split Pea soup, but that doesn't mean you should wear it on your face every day. Clinique has come up with some advanced formulations in the last few years (the turnaround line is really effective, actually), but this is a relic of the past that they should have banished long ago. Go ahead, keep purchasing your pricey tubes of yellow gunk while I'm at the drugstore purchasing any number of cheaper, more effective alternatives.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2006 8:55:00 PM More reviews by onitacy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The one thing I really HATE about Clinique is their insistence on pushing this slimy lotion -- from the GWP to the SAs. Its always the first thing they try to pitch to you. Thank GOd, I had a very experienced Clinique SA and she pointed me in the right direction to Moisture on Line. She asked questions and did not assume anything. A previous reviewer said it was for dry skin, well I have VERY dry skin and it was still a grease pit. YUCK!!!! :-[

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2006 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Lindabear

i actually like this moisturizer but i will only wear it at night cause it makes me oily durring the day. i wear the gel durring the day. this is the moisturizer that works for my skin, i tried others and it not as moisturizing as this. this is my favoriteeee