October 24, 2014 | 1690 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2010 4:12:00 AM More reviews by PamdaBear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE this palette. Sometimes I don't like how glittery shadows in Urban Decay palettes are because the glitter gets all over my face, but this palette has a minimal amount of glitter. The shades have great color payoff, are very wearable for the day and buildable into smoker looks for evening. I also love the double ended eyeliner and the packaging in general. I think it's a fabulous palette.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2010 12:09:00 PM More reviews by ElaineLuvsMakeup

Being broke, I was a bit hesitant to shell out 45 dollars for a palette with a lot of colors that I already owned. However, not having yet owned an UD eyeshadow palette, I caved in to the saleswoman at Ulta and bought what she said was the '2nd to last available Naked Palette in [their] store.'

After using this palette for more than a month and nearly everyday, I have to say I'm quite happy with it. I am a huge fan of asian makeup trends and have been using this palette to create my Vivi / Qawaii magazine inspired eye looks.

The pigmentation is excellent, the staying power of the shadows is excellent with a good base.

The only things I don't particularly care for in the kit are the eyeliner pencil in whiskey and zero and the mini eyeshadow primer potion. The two products are good, but I find my Bourgeois 24/7 eyeliner kohl is longer lasting and smears less than UD's more expensive counterpart. I also don't find the need to use the primer potion if I use a waxy eyeshadow stick (BeYu cosmetics). So those products are left relatively untouched.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2010 9:32:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpIsFabulous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the palette's colors!! and the whiskey eyeliner is fabulous! too bad some colors are only exclusives!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2010 8:54:00 PM More reviews by appletea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'd been eying this for quite a long time when it was in stock at Ulta and I just couldn't justify spending the money on it. Then, I ended up getting it as a birthday present from someone who didn't even know I wanted it--lucky accident! Anyway, I must add my praises to the chorus. All of the colors are spectacularly pigmented and while a few of the more shimmery shades are guilty of fallout, it's not such an extreme amount that it takes me forever to get glitter off my cheeks and nose. As other reviewers have surely stated, you can create an almost endless array of looks and all of the shades can be work appropriate or made more sultry. Both liners are high quality and wearable colors, not to mention the primer potion is very helpful to have. It made my eye makeup last and stay smudge-free through a long crying jaunt when my cat was very ill at the vet. The shadows are a generous enough size that I think this palette will last me forever. If you can manage to snag this palette, I'd be surprised if you ended up disappointed!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2010 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Autumn13

I agree with paperskies. Shameless...

On with the review: Yes, a definite must have in your collection. Even if you havenít started a makeup collection, this is one palette that you need to start with. The colors are gorgeous and blend so well together. It takes the guess work out what combo to use. And, you can use one color for an easy day look. I heard that this is a permanent line. So, don't go buying this for more than the actual price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2010 3:16:00 AM More reviews by paperskies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Definitely a must have. Honestly, I'm just glad that I was able to buy this palette at retail price. It's really a shame that certain people have taken it upon themselves to buy out Sephoras entire stock and then put them both on here and Ebay for double and triple the cost. It's not even LE! There are so many girls that have been waiting weeks to get this and it's sad that it keeps selling out due to people being greedy. Shame on you.

25 out of 31 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2010 8:20:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm one of those people who has 17 white shirts that are all slightly different, 22 black sweaters...all slightly different...I'm obsessed with "the perfect" neutrals, so when this palette came out I thought the angels were singing. Well, although I rated it a 5, I just returned mine to Sephora today (after lusting after it for MONTHS) and here's why!

First, the good: I had never used UD shadows before and wow, they are amazing quality. Ditto with the eye pencils. All the colors in the palette coordinate beautifully. And as everyone has mentioned, it's amazing value for all you get.

Now, the bad: Since this palette is sold out pretty much everywhere, it's nigh impossible to get your hands on one to swatch before you buy. Yes, I had viewed all the swatches online, but actually putting it on your skin is something different. Sooooo....I was very disappointed at how many of the colors were way too shimmery/satiny for me at over 45. I tried and tried, but the shimmer colors emphasized every little crinkle in my eyelids (that I didn't know I had until I bought this). Yes, there are a few mattes - but I have similar Lancome shades to the mattes that are of similar quality. Overall, it just wasn't working for me. The other issue, as some others have noted, is these colors are VERY warm...I'm quite yellow, but if you have pink undertones I can see that this may not be ideal for you.

I was very sad to return my "baby" to Sephora but if you are also in the 35-plus category, you may want to literally get your hands on this to test before you buy! If you are younger, if you're new to eyeshadow and if you are warm toned, this is an AMAZING buy.

34 out of 38 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2010 11:42:00 AM More reviews by stillhot

I bought this palette based on so many raves on-line. It is lovely, but there are not enough matte shades to make it perfect. Perfect would include a mid-grey matte shade (which by the way I haven't been able to find anywhere). Blends beautifully, and works on any complection.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2010 2:17:00 AM More reviews by Bjet

I have been using the shadows of this pallet almost daily since July 2010. It's a no brainer pallet mixing any three or two random colours from the pallet will give you a nice look. Most days i use neutral colors so these work very well for me. You can get a natural look by using the matte like naked and buck and virgin as a highlight or dark dramatic looks with the shimmery and glittery colours like creep and gunmetal! There are tons of looks you can create with this pallet! I love this!!! I think this pallet will last me a while but I would prob buy this again once i used up every single colour (Since of course I have other eyeshadows to use up too!)

Oh and this was very expensive in canada $60 but prob a lot cheaper than buying each shadow separately

UPDATE 10/16/2010: i LOVE this still and i've still been only using this pallet since I bought it! I forgot about my other shadows because these ones are soooooooo versatile! I guess the only time i would switch out of this is if i want to do some fancy rainbow coloured lids LOL

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by URBANGAL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Fabulous mix of colours and Urban Decay's eyeshadows and primer are seriously amazing- they are so pigmented and stay on like no others