August 1, 2014 | 1919 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2010 1:06:00 PM More reviews by acc82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you want to start trying Urban Decay's Products but shy away from loud colors like narcotic (bright blue) or grifter (bright purple), then this is your palatte! The colors are great and can be combined in so many ways for many different looks!! I love it, and use it almost every day either alone or with the Ammo pallate. Urban decay makes awesome eyeshadows - they are high quality and stay put. I would like to add that for best results with their eyeshadows, use their primer potion (or another brand that you like).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2010 10:10:00 AM More reviews by AhCapp

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

When I first read about this palette, I was wondering why is it so popular. I like neutral/ brown colours, so I thought this could be the one for me. I knew it was sold out in US, so when I heard that it will be launched at Sephora Singapore, I thought I should swatch it first before I grab it.

I was informed by my friend that Sephora Singapore has a few hundred people on reservation list. On the 2nd day when it was launched, I was told that they have very limited quantity for walk-in customers. So I quickly went straight to Sephora and haul the palette without hesitation.

To my happiness, this palette is really what you gals are talking about. I love how each colour complement each other and that they are easy to mix and match. They are a lovely mixture of neutral/ beige/ browns/ golds and are just a dream to use. I use the UDPP and the colours stay put on my oily lids in Singapore's hot and humid weather. Been using the palette for the past 2 days to create different looks. Perfect!~

I also like the duo colours 24/7 eyeliner, which is a dream to apply and it doesn't smudge. What more can I ask for right? =)

I hope Urban Decay will release more quantity of this Naked Palette so that more girls around the world will get to enjoy it like me. It's not fun when all you get is "sold out" at the stores.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2010 11:16:00 PM More reviews by salesgirl5150

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the colors on this palette. This is my first UD purchase. I am a bit disappointed that the colors don't stay on my lids as much as I would like since I have a bit of a hooded eye problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by biancastefani

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This palette contains the eyeshadows: Virgin (nude satin), Sin (champagne shimmer), Naked (buff matte), Sidecar (beige sparkle), Buck (brown matte), Half Baked (bronze), Smog (golden brown shimmer), Darkhorse (bronze-plum shimmer), Toasted (taupe-bronze), Hustle (mocha shimmer), Creep (near-black metallic), Gunmetal (dark grey metallic).

My absolute favourite palette of all time! LOVE IT! The colours are quite neutral but theyre not just different shades of beige. It has such a lovely range of textures and colours that are all flattering and complimentary, which is very rare for a UD palette. Usually, they are all very glittery and they don't all compliment each other, as well as being unflattering to many skintones, and there seems to be one or two shades that I use at maximum once. In this palette, there are warm tones and cool tones, highlights and shades, mattes and shimmers, satins and sparkles, and also a double sided 24/7 Eyeliner Pencil! It also comes with a mini bottle of the famous eyeshadow Primer Potion.

The brown velvet box with gold foil writing is beautiful and classy. It's lovely to touch and it looks lovely on a dresser.

The eyeliners are great. There's the famous Zero (an intense black) and the new Whiskey (a rich brown). They're amazingly soft and creamy and glide on smoother than any other pencil liner's I've tried. They're very smudge/blendable, but very long lasting and I don't usually have a large problem with creasing (none at all if I wear a primer).

The Primer Potion has always been my go-to primer (save for the MAC Paint Pots). For those of you who are quite new to the world of makeup, a primer is used to make your eyeshadow last a lot longer without creasing, while also giving a good base to make the colour more intense and vibrant. A little seriously goes a long way!

The eyeshadows are so creamy and blendable, with intense colours that compliment each other. They do crease relatively easily on my oily skin after approximately 2 and a half hours, but when teamed with the primer, I've got a good 14 hours wear with no creasing and absolutely minimal fading.

My favourites are definitely Virgin, Naked, Buck and Smog. They are extremely flattering and I've used them the most so far. :)

The only thing that annoys me about the entire palette is the glitter fallout. Now, this doesn't apply to the matte or satin colours, but the shimmer and sparkle eyeshadows are an absolute pain. Fortunately, it's relatively easy to remove (just using a bit of cellotape) and pretty easy to prevent by using a tissue to catch the fallout (admittedly, it is - at times - slightly fiddly).

I honestly don't think I'd need another palette. It's beautiful and completely me! And at only 27, it's the perfect price for such a perfect collection of products.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2010 4:27:00 PM More reviews by itisally

The colors are so versatile. I can use this palette for school or for when I go out. The eyeshadows are really pigmented and smooth and the duel sided eyeliner pencil is a great bonus. I really love this product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 3:31:00 PM More reviews by tan0h0lic

First of all, this has basically every color you will need to create neutral looks from DRAMATIC to EVERYDAY. The colors are shimmery for the most part, which is good to me (might not be to you though) because I feel they are easier to blend as shimmery shadows. UDPP is great, also, and I haven't tried the liners and probably wont. I would say my most used shadows of this box are Sin, Virgin, Sidecar, Toasted & Gunmetal. All of the shadows in this box are nice, and wearable colors... Except to me, I really don't care for Naked.

This palette is great, I will not deny that, but there are a few downfalls. SIDECAR (which I love) and GUNMETAL (which I ALSO love) have some MAJOR glitter fallout. I wouldn't care much if I didn't like these colors, but they are among my faves and I must blot under my eyes/cheeks with tape to pull the glitter bits off.. and it continues to fall off through the day. The palette itself is furry and seems to be a magnet for extraneous fuzz/shimmers and its a bit long to store in my MU bag. Otherwise, I love the mirror in it. Would have been the TOTAL package had they included an application brush.. Which I feel they should have.

Anyways, With all that said, this is a great buy. I wouldn't pay buku bucks for this but i feel the $44 SRP is fair. There may be a few colors you don't use, but to me and I feel many people, are all very wearable which makes it an excellent value. Everyone should have this, a staple in the MU world.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2010 3:15:00 PM More reviews by sschroedl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've used this on clients; it's my go-to palette of the moment! I wish there were more matte shades in it, but overall it's a solid investment.
This is my second UD palette, the other one is the Ammo palette. After a little research before purchasing, I saw that even though there is 2 or three repeat shades in it, I liked those colors and felt it was a bonus. I'd also say that most of these shade look quite warm on my skin tone, so I'm wishing and hoping for a neutral-cool palette in the future!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 2:33:00 PM More reviews by yenichii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had a feeling I would love this palette from the moment I clapped eyes on the photo. I nearly screamed when I finally managed to get my hands on one of my own! I was SO happy.

I am totally NOT disappointed. I have spent the last 5 days trying out 5 different blends each day from super bare to smokey and glittery and I frankly adore it. For me, nothing can beat this selection of browns and nudes! I'm normally very fussy about a palette because there's always a few colours i end of just chucking but out of the Naked set, there isn't a colour I haven't tried and not loved.

They last all night long, especially with the primer potion (the baby bottles that comes with the set is just too cute) even if you spend the whole evening in club and don't go home till next morning. *ahem*

Reading what others have said I have to say that I agree that you get the most out of these colours if you've also invested in a set of good brushes because they blend so wonderfully! In summary, every girl should one of them!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 12:43:00 PM More reviews by NARSaddiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just to inform- I managed to purchase this on the debenhams website this month and it is also stocked in Boots! So go ahead and buy! hehe anyway onto the review. I genuinely do adore this palette! It is just sooo me! I love neutrals and the quality of Urban Decay eye shadows is just gorgeous. The colours blend nicely and there is a good range of day to night shades. I would recomend investing in some good brushes (mac etc.) just to compliment how good these realy are! I honestly don't think I will be buying any more eye shadows for at least a year.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Jazzybear89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

AMAZING!! My first UD purchase and one of my very few high end purchases. I usually purchase drugstore items. This is so worth getting (if you can get your hands on it). I got really lucky and called a local Sephora in JCPenney and the girl told me they had just gotten some and would hold one for me. The shadows are like butter- very soft and smooth, blendable, excellent pigmentation, beautiful finishes, great staying power, and some absolutely beautiful colors!! Love the different finishes also- and the mattes are awesome! Not a bad price either considering there are 12 full size shadows each which normally sells for $17 each, 2 smaller liners, and a small UDPP for $44! Really not bad at all! Get this if you can! As with most UD products, the packaging is super cute but not practical. This palette gets really dirty really fast. It attracts dust, hair, anything that will make it look dirty fast. I keep mine in the plastic package it came in but it's still very dirty.
Update: It's been about 2 1/2 weeks since I got this and I'm still SO in love with it!! I have literally used it every single day for my eyeshadow since getting it! This is amazing for me as I own plenty of eyeshadows of every different color, finish, etc. I have lots! But I still can't stop using this b/c I know that no matter what colors I pick they will ALWAYS look amazing and without much work! God I love this thing! However, I don't love "Sidecar" as it has so much fallout, but all the others are great!