April 19, 2014 | 1611 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by blush900

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

These shadows have great pigmentation and blend very easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2010 11:09:00 PM More reviews by jeanettemarfil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm so in love with the urban decay new naked palette its absolutely gorgeouse with 12 beautiful shadows from matte,shimmer,satin,and sparkle! I love all the colors there's differents shades of browns from light to dark there's a bronze color thats Beautiful and a dark silvery blue color called gunmetal and a black spakly shadow perfect to smoke out any look! I'm happy is not a limited edition I would definately repurchase for the price $44 is a steal cause it also comes with a mini primer potion, and a double sided eye pencil black n brown! I'm so happy I got it cause since its new its selling out everywhere. I was just lucky my local sephora had just gotten a new shippent the day I went! So i f u cant get a hold of one right now dnt worry cause it is a permanent palette and u will get it soon or later!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2010 1:06:00 PM More reviews by neeronica

This is a really nice palette, and for the cost ($50-something in Canada) it is really a good deal, but I reach for it mostly for when I'm going out. For everyday looks I mostly use the colours Naked, Buck, Toasted, Virgin and Smog; even then I use them blended with my Wet n' Wild coloricon palette in Vanity, which is great for matte neutrals (I actually prefer the nude matte beige in Vanity to the colour Naked from the UD palette). Overall, really nice colours and I really like the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2010 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Ritagal09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Having all these great colors in one palette is very convenient. The days when I want to go neutral this is handy. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2010 11:39:00 AM More reviews by KelseyP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this palette so much - and the colors are just gorgeous! This is worth every penny of the $44 - I am not terribly adept at eye makeup skills and blending, but these shades and the silky formula make me look flawless. I haven't even been using the primer and I am still getting beautiful color payoff. The liners are gorgeous, and don't pull or tug when applying but last all day. This is my first dabble with UD eyeshadows and will definitely be my new go to line - many, many hearts for this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2010 11:20:00 AM More reviews by sguthall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Colors: Great colors! Very pigmented and silky. Will experience some fallout with a few of them. Take precautions because your whole face will quickly become glittery, even when you use eye primer.

Price: Very good price considering the number or shadows you are getting.

Packaging: Shadows are very dusty, so they will get all over the inside. Wouldn't hurt to wipe it down every once and awhile. LOVE the outside of the case- a silky velvet.

Cons: Some of the shades irritate my eyes...very bad. I wear contacts, so my theory is that it is the glittery shades. This is the only reason I would not buy it again.

I definitely recommend to those without sensitive eyes or contacts!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2010 8:54:00 AM More reviews by jabcmom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't used shadow in about 20 years but when I saw this palette I feel in love. I will admit at first I was concerned it may to too shimmery for someone in their 40s but since my purchase 2 weeks ago I have used it everyday. Overall a great product and worth the money!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2010 3:25:00 PM More reviews by gandydancer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

What's left to say about this palette? First, a list -- by texture -- of the shadows. They're NOT all shimmery. The descriptions are from UD's site:

Virgin (nude satin)
Sin (champagne shimmer)
Naked (buff matte)
Sidecar (beige sparkle)
Buck (brown matte)
Half Baked (bronze)
Smog (golden brown shimmer)
Darkhorse (bronze-plum shimmer)
Toasted (taupe-bronze)
Hustle (mocha shimmer)
Creep (near-black metallic)
Gunmetal (dark grey metallic)

Cons: Sidecar is a gorgeous shade but the only one with glitter. Unfortunately, the glitter migrates almost immediately, even after using UDPP, giving me sparkly cheeks that are inappropriate for work. I'd love it if UD would also offer this shade as a matte.

I don't use metallics, so Creep and Gunmetal will rarely be used, if ever.

Pros: Naked is a great shadow, also offered singly. I love a little on/under the browbone to make my made-up brown eyes pop or on the lids for a simpler look. Matte Buck is beautiful too, perfect for the crease. Darkhorse makes a fabulous liner; I apply it with a smudger.

The shadows are all well-pigmented and long-lasting, the shimmers are not garish or juvenile (I apply with a brush) and all the shadows play well with my favorite UD matte single, Secret Service.

The double-ended 24/7 pencil is matte, with familiar Zero (black) and a new brown called Whiskey which is deep and rich, darker than Bourbon and, of course, without Bourbon's gold. Like all 24/7 pencils I have, Whiskey stays put until I take it off.

The UDPP in the kit is a perfect size for travel and is the icing on the cake, given the array of makeup here. The case is sleek and elegant with a magnetic closure, so no chipped nails trying to pry it open.

Just four lippies because of the shadow issues in Cons, but overall this is a remarkable value ($44 USD) for the array of top-quality products that make possible an almost-endless variety of looks. I could take a two-week trip, business or pleasure, with only this Naked Palette and be able to create an eye for any situation.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by iuhooch625

I've had this palette for a month but I wanted to wait and use this a while before I submitted my review.

The main reason for my three lippie rating, which stands out from all the other glowing reviews, is that in a nutshell, I'm just not in love with the colors. And no, it's not because I don't like neutrals in general. I wear neutrals nearly every day as a working professional. I feel like I've given this palette a fair chance, creating day time and night time looks, and I've been incredibly underwhelmed. The biggest problem for me is that this is a very warm palette, and I feel like most of the shadows just make me look tired and muddy. In all honesty, I've wanted to reach for my Wet N Wild single in Nutty most mornings rather than this palette.

Some of the colors that I do like are Darkhorse, Hustle, and Virgin. I had high hopes for Sidecar, which is one of the glittery shades, because it looks so beautiful in the pan, but on my skin, it barely shows up. I feel like if you are a person that generally tries to avoid warm toned shadows, this palette might not be for you.

So like others have said...yes, the quality is excellent; yes, it's an awesome deal for the price. But, what good is any of that if you aren't really digging the colors?? Unfortunately, I've found this palette to be overhyped.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2010 1:07:00 PM More reviews by kamare

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

this is, hands down, the best palette i have ever seen. i am so in love. thank god this is not limited edition or i'd be stockpiling right now! i'll definitely repurchase.