Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 7/5/2009 10:51:00 AM

I really wanted to like this, but I just don't. The coverage is light to med and it just looks oily and greasy. It's funny since I have dry skin, and don't have this problem with any of the other like 25 foundations I own.

It also does not seem to be transfer resistant. If I hadn't paid the $40 price myself I would think this was some drug store foundation due to the quality. It also seems to make me break out like crazy. I don't usually have this problem with foundations so I am not too happy.

Also the color seems just not quite right. MUFE seems to have tons of foundation colors, but most of them are horrible. All seem to be either too yellow or too pink. How about some nice neutral colors MUFE? I also bought the "Your skin" foundation for Carmindy by Salley Hansen and it was all that I wanted the MUFE HD to be. I would highly reccomend it over the MUFE. It looks great in any light, covers well, wears well, blends well AND it costs like $12. (and it comes in neutral colors, but sorry not too many of the darker shades).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

An excellent foundation for evening makeup with medium coverage which can be built to full. With a MAC 187 brush and stippling it provides an almost airbrush look. Excellent for photography and i love that it lasts all day on my skin. I agree that throughout the day, my T zone used to become oilier with my combination skin so perhaps it is best for those with drier skin? It certainly has been less oily since i started taking roaccutane. One lippie removed for the fact it is expensive. Despite this...i believe in the product enough to repurchase.

I have to edit my rating to now 5 out of 5!!. I heard so many negative reviews about this product and thought that maybe my initial review was too positively biased from all the hype surrounding this product. So I gave this another go with a more critical eye this time....and I actually love it more than i did the last time. I swatched it with all my other foundations, MUFE F&B, LM oil free, shiseido...it just came out the winner. It allowed enough of your own skin to come through whilst providing medium coverage. There was also a sheen to it which i love, unlike shiseido which when applied, gives your face much more of a 2D look. In essence i love it - full stop.

on 7/2/2009 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i came in the store planning on buying the face and body and left with this one and after 3 months i still really like this foundation! i think i must of sampled like 10 different foundations before this one, too? it covers nicely, feels light and the color selection is amazing. i'm very fair with yellow undertones and 117 is perfect. my sister even went and got some after trying mine!

on 7/1/2009 3:50:00 AM

I have uneven skin tone, high acidity in my skin and matching foundation is challenging and frustrating. I was matched with #125 and I have been extremely pleased with this product. I even bought #128 to mix with it when I get darker in the sun. It is the right consistency and it covers real well. I have tried lots of products and am very excited to finally find a color and the kind of coverage that I have been seeking.

on 6/30/2009 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wear #120 and love the intense range of colours in this line of foundations. It's medium to full coverage, in a thin consistency formula. A little goes a long way and I apply with a MAC 187 duo fibre brush. The finish is natural, so a little dewy/satin. Its oil free and non-comedogenic which is why I bought it since MAC foundations broke me out like crazy!!!! However, strangley enough, this foundation makes my skin oily 4 hours or so in, which is weird. So now i'm going to try another foundation one this is done. I'm almost out, and this has lasted me 6 almost 7 months, I use foundation 5 days/week NO JOKE! I don't like how I can't see how much is left... the bottle is clear but the foundation sticks to the inside. I know since I have a darker shade I don't use and that bottle, you can see inside when the foundation separated a little. Definitely try this out for yourself and wear it for a whole day before committing to a whole bottle. Except for making my face oily and subsequently melting off my face, this would be HG. And so the search continues... If anyone has suggestions, please tell me!
I forgot to add that this foundation oxidizes slightly and makes my skin look a little dirty/ruddy.

on 6/30/2009 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Love this product!!! I never thought I would use any other makeup besides MAC...but MUFE foundation is perfect. I am African American and my MUFE # is 177 (MAC NW40)....MAC to me, is too oily and yellowing for my skin...I bought a bottle of MAC foundation then a week later I bought MUFE...needless to say, my MAC bottle is still full and I just purchased my 2nd bottle of MUFE.
Its so light but it covers so well...I can't explain it! ALso, I hate when even guys can tell that you are wearing foundation, well...this makes me look like I'm wearing nothing...I always get compliments on my face. I used to apply with my fingers, then I switched to a brush, but now I use the blending sponge...a little goes a long way!!!
Definitely would repurchase!!

on 6/29/2009 1:03:00 PM

the foundation does not cover really well. also the color matched when i was inside the srtore but when i got outside you could see the shade being differnt.. it was horribble

on 6/29/2009 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Love this foundation! It's a bit pricey but its worth it. It blends well into the skin and doesn't turn a yucky yellowish orangey color that MAC foundations tend to do on my skin. It has a medium coverage and seems to last most of the day. Definately would repurchase when it runs out!!!

on 6/27/2009 5:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation! I was kind of hesitant to try it because a lot of people said it was light and I have scars so I was scared it wouldn't cover it, but it covered pretty well. I just dabbed a bit of concealer on certain spots. It stayed on all day despite the fact that I have very oily skin. I only had to blot once so I was very pleased. I use 120 and it's perfect for my skin color. When you wear it, it doesn't feel like you're wearing makeup, I felt like I only had moisturizer on. It does transfer though but I haven't tried or heard of a non-transferable foundation so it wasn't much of a big deal to me.

I had the HD powder at first and a sample of the foundation. It was pretty good but then I heard about Coastal Scents having a dupe for it, I got that one too. It had the same feel and finish so I returned my HD powder for the foundation since I loved the foundation a lot. This is definitely my HG foundation... for now.

on 6/27/2009 5:24:00 AM

this was my first high end liquid foundation purchase, and i'm really loving it. despite the price, i don't see myself going back to drugstore. this foundation offers just enough coverage for me. my skin still shows through and it looks really natural, but it actually covers my redness, which is something a foundation has never been able to do so flawlessly.

it blends beautifully and easily with a brush or just fingers. the shade selection is perfect - i'm between a mac nw15 and nw20 and between the first and second lightest shades of any other foundation. this one is a PERFECT match, indoors or outdoors. i even just ordered online, i didn't have a SA help me with the color or anything and i picked a perfect one.

overall this is a very easy foundation to work with, and i really can't imagine how it gives anyone such terrible results they'd need to rate it a 1. obviously everyones skin is different, but anything that will cover my redness and look NATURAL and last all day is a five in my book.

the only issue i have with it is the pump - i find it difficult to press hard enough so only half comes out. every pump has to be a full one, and i don't always need that much product.

as for whether i'd buy again, i'm selecting yes for now but when i finish this bottle i plan to try out some other foundations. i definitely see myself coming back to this one, though. i love it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials