December 19, 2014 | 1563 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2009 3:22:00 PM More reviews by tracymarcia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the best foundation I have ever used. It pretty much melts right into your skin. The particles are so fine, it's flawless! Love, love, looove the formula.
The ONLY down to this product is the packaging. It comes in a press down, squirt kinda bottle (which isn't bad if you can screw off the top) but you can't. So when you get to the last of the product you have to break open the bottle it is in. (I wish it came like MAC's Select foundation, where you can buy the squirt part speratly and then when you get to the nitty gritty at the end when you product is almost finished you can open it up) I do like to squirt factor, it keeps the product clean but I wish you could open it up some how with out breaking it.
I paid about $45.00 for the foundation, WELL worth the money!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2009 12:02:00 PM More reviews by maccosmetics09

I really like this foundation. It blends into my skin so well when I use it with my MAC 187, and it looks so natual and flawless in all kinds of light. I use shade 117 which is perfect for winter, and in summer I just darken it up a bit with a little bit of my YouRebel tinted moisturizer. The coverage is really nice, and I bought this because I wanted a lighter coverage than SFF. I love that its really lightweight, even though I get a medium coverage. It can also be built up to a full coverage. The color choices are amazing, but I took off one lippie for the price. This foundation is very expensive, but worth every penny if you can stretch its use long enough!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2009 9:07:00 PM More reviews by jessimarie326

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the holy grail of foundation. I found a perfect color match and it gives perfect, build-able coverage.
It is perfect for my skin, when it's applied correctly. I've found that I get flakes when I use a foundation brush- a wet sponge is def the way to go.

I've bought this product three times already and i wouldn't think of changing

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2009 3:01:00 PM More reviews by brenramir

Okay, so this is the best full coverage EVER! I have tons of samples in this. I use #118 and it's great, a little goes a long way! I only wear it in special occasions and the pix look FLAWless! I have very sensitive skin and breakout alot! but not with this!.... I have tons of acne blemishes(red,Purple, brown) and this thing covers them all! i cant wait to buy a full bottle! Ask for Samples at sephora! And if u have reddish skin get the green primer! LOVE---IT!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2009 2:04:00 PM More reviews by NITU

This is a fabulous product! It has a natural-dewy finish that makes your face look healthy and glow. I have sensitive skin but it hasn't caused me to break out so far. I really like this foundation.

The only complaint I have is that I find that it gets quite oily after a couple of hours (but hasn't oxidized on me...yet), so I use MUFE's super matte loose powder in the oily areas of my face and all is well. Also I have to mix two shades (the 140-which is my primary color- and the 153) to get my perfect match, which kind of sucks since it's a pricey.

Edit: I used this product everyday for about two weeks and I saw it left my skin a splotchey. If I use this product once and a while, my skin doesn't react, but, in my opinion, anything that causes your skin to react at all is not worth repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2009 12:01:00 AM More reviews by tracyltrust

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Prior to this I purchased MUFE Face and Body due to the overwhelmingly high rating but I found it to be extremely light coverage (almost "why bother" coverage) and my closest color match (20) was just a tad too dark...
Enter MUFE HD: light to medium COVERAGE, (which is, afterall, what I use foundation for) blends easily and seamlessly,and doesn't look like makeup on my face. It also holds up throughout the day remarkably well! The finish is satiny (neither matte nor dewey) and undectable. It really gives a soft focus finish; blurring and diminishing my pores and discolorations nicely.
I can use my fingers to apply this and 2 pumps is more than enough for my entire face. I use a damp sponge when I want a more sheer finish. I have tried stippling this w/ a skunk brush but I find that this foundation needs to be blended to work its magic.Stippling left a cakey finish which has been impossible to achieve with this foundation for me with any other method.
I do need to use concealer for blemishes and undereye with this. The HD does take blemishes and circles down a notch, however MUFE Full Cover makes them vanish completely.

I've been having great luck smoothing a bit of Monistat anti-chafing gel as a primer on before this. The primer fills in my pores and slight smile lines as well as smooths out any rough or dry patches I might have.
When I don't use a primer with this at the end of the day there is some foundation settled into pores around my nose and into my fine smile lines. I've yet to find something that doesn't do this w/out primer, however. (If someone else has I'd love to hear what it is...feel free to message me!)
The color match is perfection for me. I use 117 and nothing has come as close as this. I'm quite pale and yellow, 20 in F&B is too dark and I wear Stila B, Carmindy Ecru Beige, Bobbi Brown Porcelain...Hope this helps!
EDIT: I have repurchased this! This is the first foundation I have repurchased in a long time so that's really saying something...I adore this foundation.
EDIT #2: While I still find this foundation to be wonderful I have fallen in love with Kevyn Aucoin's Sensual Skin Enhancer. (FYI, The SSE can be mixed into the MUFE HD to enhance the coverage you get from the MUFE.)
I get more coverage from the KA and I prefer it for a more polished look. It takes a bit more work but is worth it (I have a review for the KA SSE if you're curious) The finish of the KA SSE is a touch more moist but not full on dewey either.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2009 11:50:00 AM More reviews by tinax3

I think I can finally give this a nice review after wearing it for some weeks now. Before I tried out the MUFE foundation I used the Vincent Longo's foundation and it was okay but I felt like it didn't give me the staying power that I needed. Also I kinda didn't want that dewy look so that was out of the door. Since the Vincent Longo's foundation didn't last very long I usually set the foundation with drugstore mineral foundation and that was a pain in the ass.By doing that I felt like my makeup was somewhat cakey and I didn't like how I had to layer more and more powder ontop of my foundation.
So when I finally had enough money I purchased this after hearing rave reviews from some and I fell in love! I went to my local sephora and had the SA help me picked out my shade and it was perfect. I'm #123. I love how this foundation looks on me, it looks flawless. Also, what I love about this foundation that it truly is long lasting! I don't even have to have primer on my face for this to last all day but I still like to use primer. I will definitely repurchase my HG foundation<3 I wish it was cheaper though but its definitely worth the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2009 2:09:00 PM More reviews by TSweetie

Great foundation, matte fiinish, shows flawlessly in pictures. After a couple of hours though, I found this foundation a bit too oily for me, especially around the t-zone. Good foundation, but not my HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2009 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Tiffani1

I am NC30 in MAC and 123 in MUFE HD. I'm on the fence with this. It doesn't make me break out and that why I keep buying it. I love MAC Studio fix, but it breaks me out. This makes me look oily, but so does everything else(even Estee Lauder Double Wear) I don't like the mask look of Double Wear. I will buy this till I feel like buying something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2009 12:58:00 AM More reviews by cchien

its a lightweight foundation. i am satisfied with its performance but i dont think i would buy it again because its not that spectacular. im NC30 in mac and i wear shade 123. some days it looks good, some days not so much