October 20, 2014 | 892 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2009 4:27:00 PM More reviews by babyscorpion

Amazing foundation. I also love the packing. Just for reference, I am an NC20/25 - MAC and here I am 118. Perfect color for me. The color match with this one is so much better than the MAC foundations i have tried. I use the green HD primer in green, then i put mu concelear, then this foundation. It looks flawless. I like using either the MAC 109 brush or my new favorite for liquid foundation application the beauty blender or Sonia Kashuk sponge blender. The coverage it is medium to full, and very light weight. The only downside to it for me, is that it does not always last all day as my La Mer foundation. But it does last a lot longer than any other one i have tried. Regardless I highly recommend this foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2009 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Christinae

I am so disappointed! This makeup didn't hold up to my grueling work days (13+ hours) made my face look "dirty" after a few hours. I also broke out.

It does glide on beautifully. If you have good skin give this product a try.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2009 12:46:00 AM More reviews by msTaps

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i was very skeptical about this at first, not really a fan of liquid make up plus the mixed reviews everywhere. but i needed coverage and just wanted to try something other than mineral make up. im so glad i did!!! i read the reviews and followed suggestions to use all the MUFE HD products together. i thought, hmm that could get expensive but what the heck, ill try it anyway. i used the HD primer in green to cover up my red spot and the blue to brighten the rest of my face. let it dry for about a minute and followed with the HD foundation, waited about a minute, then applied concealer, color, etc. set with the HD powder... WOW. no heavy feeling, i think liquid foundation have come a long way. it feels almost as light as my bare escentuals. ive been using this combo for 2 weeks and so far, it has yet to disappoint me. my pictures come out radiant, my combo complexion never looked oily in pictures even at the end of the day. all i had to do was blot one time in the 8 or so hours i wore it in 73* weather. if you touch your face, it might feel oily after about 4 hours but if you look in the mirror, you just look dewy. best of all, i went to sleep with it coz was dead tired after our easter party and i woke up with my face still looking nice and no breakouts. i am acne prone, btw.

ive never used liquid foundation so i dont really know how long this will last, but when used with the HD primer, i didnt have to put on a lot, maybe just 2 pumps.

the price, even the combo price, is worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2009 12:27:00 AM More reviews by snakehips

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i bought this a few days ago at sephore after hearing the nice reiews on MUA. i've been on a search for foundation for a while now, and everything i've tried has been a huge disappointment, i've gone through MAC studio tech, moisture blend, BE, even a few cheap drug store ones. noooo luck. until now! i won't go as far as to say HG, but it is very nice. it goes on sooo smooth without streaking or anything. others seemed to make my face look worse than it was to begin with, i have dry skin, so i need lots of moisturizer and exfoliants. this doesn't dry my skin out or look cakey at all. just smooth and glowy, like i prefer. only one issue i may be having, i bought 110, because i'm PPP, and it seems like maybe it dries a little darker. not toooo dark though, nothing i can't handle, it's still worth the price. ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2009 4:48:00 PM More reviews by ginar419

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well I gave this a fair shot. I even tried this in two different colors hoping to find a better color match. I've been looking for a replacement for EL Double Wear since I can't find a color that doesn't look orange on me. For $40 I would expect this to look great and last all day, but no such luck. This didn't give me the coverage I wanted or did it have the staying power. Really can't say I liked much about this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2009 4:02:00 PM More reviews by tawnyinthepink

HATE this foundation!!!!! I don't say that about many products, but when I'm told that I look older wearing this than I do without any make-up on...that says something! Also it broke me out horribly! This foundation is supposed to be amazing...but for my skin it just doesn't work. I have combination (oily T-zone) skin. I don't have sensitive skin, but with this I felt my skin tingle to an eventual slight burning sensation (as the day wore on).

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2009 3:53:00 PM More reviews by MissNice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HYPE
Color Match sucks a lot yellow
consistence horrible i feel like have a mask on
and of course you look like u obviously like you are using make up

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2009 2:18:00 PM More reviews by jse23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is awesome, but it took me a couple times before I got the hang of applying it. But once I did, this became a favorite foundation! The color isn't a perfect match, but I do love the coverage (can be light, can be medium, prob could be full but I don't need it so I haven't tried), makes me look healthy and beautiful. GREAT!

EDIT: After I stopped using this to try a lighter powder foundation, when I returned to HD to give it another try, I could not believe how thick and suffocating this felt on my face, Certainly not the natural look that I am going for. I now love Dior Nude Glow fndn and suggest you try that if you want a polished yet natural look.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2009 1:24:00 AM More reviews by imbrys

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation. I use the MAC 180 brush to apply this. It works best with an exfoliated face and a primer of some sort. The coverage is medium when applied with the 180 which is exactly the coverage I'm looking for. I finish off with mac pressed powder in nc 30 and blot powder. For reference I'm nc-30 and I use # 123. MUFE really has some weird numbering system when it comes to their foundations, but the product is worth the confusion! The only thing is that after a while (3hrs), I do need to retouch with blot powder because my skin is so oily. I have seen alot of reviews by oily girls who say to avoid using this product. However, it has been my experience that all foundations end up melting and or oxidizing off my face anyways! That's just the way it has always been for me. I highly recommend trying this foundation. It's awesome. Also check out the youtube video of Kim Kardashian's makeup tutorial with her makeup artist! It's great!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2009 8:13:00 PM More reviews by portia89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

just bought this today and i looooooooove it! my skin looks so pretty and natural!! you have to use the hd white powder over it though to make it gorgeous