Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals ALL

2.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 12.6%, Zinc Oxide 21%. Inactive Ingredients: Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide

on 12/4/2007 5:26:00 PM

Wanted to love this product line!! I bought it all after reading so many great reviews!! They make it sound like it would be great for all ages & skin types. I am 56 and have nice skin for my age. I use great skincare products and was searching for a equally great make-up line. It is beyond me why so many people like this makeup. In order to get enough coverage you really have to use alot of product and then it is to thick and chalking!!! Actually, it has made my skin so much worse after all the care I have taken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on 12/4/2007 11:40:00 AM

I've been using Bare Minerals for about two years now, and I have mixed feelings.

PRO:

::Good everyday makeup - lightweight coverage. It really does feel like I have no makeup on.
::Blends very well...I never have to worry about the dreaded "foundation line"
::Evens out my skin tone and dulls reddness
::Doesn't transfer to clothes easily...although it's not foolproof, but it's better than most foundations.
::Does not make me break out (and I have extremely sensitive skin)

CON:

::Does NOT last long by any means. Especially if you're outside a lot (I'm a college student so I walk everywhere on campus). I have a hard time with a shiny T-zone and I was shiny within a few hours
:;NOT good if you want to dress up your look for a night out. It's truly meant for a more "natural" look than a done-up one.
::I prefer matte coverage overall, which this product didn't give me
::A bit of a pain to have to "swirl tap buff" with so many different products. Again, I'm a college student, I don't have a lot of time for makeup when I have early classes.

So after two years, I think I'm ready to try something new. I'll update this review after finding out how other foundations compare.

on 12/4/2007 12:59:00 AM

The first time I used this product was about two years back when my friends gave it to me as a birthday gift. In the beginning, the product was great. It felt light and had nice coverage; it even gave a nice air-brushed look. After a while, I started breaking out! I stopped using the product and my skin cleared up again. Recently, I decided to give Bare Minerals another try. So I went to Ulta and purchased the starter kit. Not too long after using this make up, I started to break out again. Maybe my skin just doesn't take to Bare Minerals makeup, and it will work for you. Be careful breaking-out could be an effect!!!

I have switched over to Everyday Minerals. Hopefully, I won't get the same outcome.

on 12/3/2007 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

OK, I now realize that MMU isn't for everybody. I started using this and was amazed at how flawless it made my skin look and I recommended it to my sister. We went to Sephora and a MA put it on her. YIKES! Her pores are on the larger side, but this just made them look HUGE. It truly settled into them and highlighted them like crazy. It made the area around her nose look full of blackheads when her pores are just enlarged. Not a good look. I do like the way that MMU looks on me and I'm pretty satisfied with how BE wears. It doesn't last all day on me in the winter but holds up well in the summer- so that's pretty much the only time I use it. I do like the BE kits and brushes- however, I feel like a FOOL for paying so much for them now seeing the positive reviews for EM. I went on the EM site and foundation is like $6!! I am going to try them out and if they are even comparable to BE I'm switching for life. I probably wouldn't buy BM again because I now realize how darn overpriced it is.

on 12/2/2007 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Bare Escentuals Powder Foundations were dissapointing to me. It is horrible coverage for acne prone skin. The foundation is so light , i think most of it blew off in the wind on the way to work so i would have to tough up almost 30 minutes after applying. Not good for broken out skin. Also it makes my skin very itchy. Not a very good long wearing makeup either as it doesnt absorb oil very well. My face was shiny after about 3 hours of wear.
However, when my skin is not broken out, i love this makeup. It is very light weight, leaves a glimmery/ sparkly undertone and is fun to apply. It does make a big mess though.

Overall, this makeup is best for those with clear skin. Any, blemish shows right through.

on 12/1/2007 7:22:00 PM

this makes my skin look oily, and my pores huge! Also no matter how I "buffed" this into my skin it looked caked on, especially in direct sunlight. Did not like this mineral m/u at all!

on 12/1/2007 12:40:00 AM

Bare Minerals was my first mineral make up foundation brand but it certainly isn't my favorite. I bought the beginner's kit and then another kit. At first, I tried the Medium kit, which contains Medium and Medium beige, thinking that they would work since the infomercial said that most women can wear this color. Well, it was too dark for me. Then I tried the light kit which includes fairly light (1.2) and light (2.0).

In terms of color, I found a good match with the light kit. I have tried a combination of 1.2 and 2.0 but have also tried 2.0 alone. I think 2.0 is the best match for my light skin with neutral to warm undertones (MAC NC 25). 2.0 is a light yellow color.

What I didn't like about the foundation is that, it made my skin look shiny. Everyone who loves BE likes to talk about the glow that it gives...but for someone with combo skin, it did nothing but make my T zone look shinier. Further, the powder would settle in my pores and magnify them! To top it off, I find the prices quite expensive. There are far better mineral foundations out there that are much more reasonably priced (e.g. Everyday Minerals). My favorite is Everyday Minerals. I have also tried Sheer Cover but found it too heavy for me (at least it didn't make me look shiny).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product, and love it!! The only make up i used to wear was eye make up and lip gloss, with blush occasianlly if i was going out. I never wore any make up on my face because i don't like the feeling of it on my skin, and because i think i have pretty good skin. I decided i wanted to get a powder for my face for special nights out, when i wanted to get really dolled up, but didn't know what kind to buy. So i called my cousin who i knew used powder foundation and asked her what she was using and what she recommended. She told me to buy bare minerals, and told me i would love it because its super light weight. So i went to sephora and had someone there find the right shade for me and apply it, so i could see if i liked it. I loved it and bought the starter kit. I think it works great, and i like it because it doesn't feel like im wearing any face make up but gives me that flawless finish that make up does. The only negative thing i have to say about it, is that it does take a while to apply the way i like it.

on 11/30/2007 2:23:00 PM

This is a fair product and would not recommend buying this. I've only tried their foundation starter kit and not their eye-shadows or lip products.

1) The loose powder makes a mess on your bathroom counter when you swirl and tap it with your brush. You also have to be careful not to spill any of the powder on the counter.
2) Another downfall with this product is that they don't have a lot of variety of shades to choose from. According to their make-up artist, they are discontinuing (more often than not) some of their shades...which tells me that they have poor variety of choices of customers to choose from if they are always having to change colors. Having beige-yellow skin tone, I need something that fits just right and not having to look cakey. I have used so many foundations and powders in the past and this is one product I would say you should skip and save your money.

I hope this helps. :)

I bought the starter kit and to me the powder just looks like any other powder, makes my skin look dry and old. Also the colours did not match well. The bronzer makes me look dirty and is orange. I was disappointed as there is a lot of hype about this product. Maybe I just don't have the right skin-type. I went to Ulta and had the makeup lady try all colors and choose the right one for me, it didn't look great in the store but I decided to try it anyway. It wasn't a good decision for me.