April 24, 2014 | 1897 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Benetint

rated 3.6(1986 reviews)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2002 2:27:00 AM More reviews by sugarnspice5521

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What the packaging says is true-- this IS the most provacative flush you can buy in a bottle! I love this stuff because it goes on pretty easily and makes everyone look prettier and more alive. It gives just the right flush and lasts a LONG time!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2002 4:47:00 PM More reviews by rubykris

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm giving this a four-lipstick rating ONLY if you mix Benetint with Benefit's Glamazon. IMHO, Benetint is too red and Glamazon is too brown, but together -- bam! it's like you've been summering on the shore. The two together make a beautiful burnished-apple glow. (I just buy one bottle of each, pour them out together into a mug, and them pour half back into one bottle and half into the other.)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2002 12:13:00 PM More reviews by bedheadmelissa

Cute idea, but in practice just does not work. First of all, it looked like I had slurped Kool-Aid because I have dry lips, so wearing it as a lip base was out. I have used it on my cheeks before but it is incredibly difficult to control the intensity. As a side note, I do love love love the scent.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2002 10:26:00 PM More reviews by productwhore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product a few years ago and was so disappointed. : ( I was loving the idea of simplicity (to use on lips, and cheeks), love the look of stains and loved the rose scent. But it did not last long at all on lips and made my cheeks look a little blotchy even though I used very very little. Bummer!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2002 4:39:00 PM More reviews by estesmcc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It took me a little while to get the hang of using this stuff. Makes a great natural blush, though. Just a little bit on my cheeks gives me a very natural-looking and flattering blush. Some people use it on lips, but I've found that all the color bleeds to the edges of my lips and the middle stays colorless. I just stick to using this as blush!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2002 5:13:00 PM More reviews by christina_roberts

I think this product is one of those 'ok' products. It looks great on alot of people but it didnt work so great on me. It looks fab on pale skinned people going for that english rose look.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2002 10:44:00 AM More reviews by melmel

This was the first Benefit product that I bought and I really like it. I have only used it on my lips and it gives a nice rosy stain that lasts a long time. It feels like it just sinks into your lips. I use the benetint lip balm over it for extra color and shine. Definetely worth it. It has lasted me almost two years.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2002 9:05:00 PM More reviews by lilou

This product works very well for me. 2 dots of it on each cheeks give me a very natural flush. I also use this on lips (lightly though) and I love the light pink color I get from it. A good product for a natural effect (at least on me).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2002 1:24:00 PM More reviews by sedge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hardly need to buy this product again, as I have had the same bottle for 3 years. I like the way Benetint manages to lighten and brighten my dull complexion in the winter and highlight any glancing sun-color I get in the summer. Somehow, it manages to make rosy without making pink, red, orange -- the tricks normal blushes do that make me look clownish.

However, I wish there were an easier way to apply it. I hate the brush, and end up dabbling little drops on my fingers and smearing. The sponge that was included is totally worthless. The pigment is so strong that I run around with beet-y fingers the rest of the day (sidebar -- perhaps the same effect could be achieved by smearing a beet on the cheek?).

Still, the product stays on a long time, seemingly lasts forever, and adds a pleasant color -- so like a blush it looks real. Just be sure to apply to non-blemished parts of skin, as the fast-holding pigment can get into dry cracks or splits and make you look a bit like you have some terrible facial ringworm or the like.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2002 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Rascal

I've tried to make this product work but I've given up. I've seen this on others and it always looks so natural. This dries before I get a chance to blend it out and I'm left looking like a clown. Makeup application should be fun. This product was just way to much work for me.