November 21, 2014 | 1785 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2010 11:09:00 PM More reviews by speedyjp

I purchased this to have as a great palette to travel with - so many colors to choose from, great and long-lasting quality of the shadows, how could I go wrong? It would be great to take the guess-work out of packing my make-up (unless I had a specific look in mind that required other colors of course). I love UD products, but mostly their 24/7 liners are my favorites so far, I have about 10 of them.

As opposed to limiting my use of this palette for strictly travel purposes, I'm actually using this palette almost every day!! The colors are beautiful, long-lasting and versatile. I have some go-tos, but you could play around with this thing for hours just coming up with new looks. Some people I've heard complain that the color pans are too small and they'll run out of them quickly, but since you get 12 shades, 2 eyeliners and a mini primer for an awesome price, I don't think anyone can complain.

This is extremely versatile - I particularly like using Toasted or Sidecar for an all-over lid color, then using Hustle for the outer edges of my eyes.

My only legitimate complaint is that I wish there were more matte colors; Naked and buck are nice, but I wish there was a color like Toasted in a matte. But that still won't stop me from using this thing very often!

Definitely worth the purchase; I heard a rumor they're making it permanent, and I really hope that's true! I also want to get my hands on a full version of the Whiskey eyeliner!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2010 3:30:00 PM More reviews by IcedMocha24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wanted to review and compare this to Too Faced's Naked kit for anyone deciding between the two.

UD's is more pigmented and contains warmer, richer shades. Too Faced's contains soft, neutral undertoned, delicate shades. If you want a more dramatic,vibrant naked kit I would go for UD's. If you want a soft, delicate kit I'd go for Too Faced's. My pick is Too Faced's since I prefer a more nude look. They are both full of fabulous neutral shades, but are very different from each other. Hope that helps! :) xo

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by angelina71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Naked palette is really hard to get in Europe, so get it if you can. This is a must have for anybody who is using eyeshadow, not just for all the make up junkies.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2010 6:05:00 AM More reviews by Twinkelstar

I love this palette, if you like wearing neutrals you should get this! The eyeshadows are pigmented, blend well and the colours are just beautiful! Don't even hestitate, just BUY IT!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2010 5:57:00 AM More reviews by Daisycloud

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Who doesn't love this palette? Listen, I won't judge you, but you'd be crazy not to love it!

I've always been into colours but, since turning 32, I'm now more into neutrals. This palette keeps the neutrals interesting and just as fun as colours! And I love the quality!

Again, screw MAC cuz I'm not goin' back!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2010 11:02:00 AM More reviews by Juliasyji

This palette rocks. When it first came out, I turned my nose on it thinking it;s just a collection of neutrals I already have (I have pretty much the entire MAC shadow collection), but I caved and got one (in a swap, it's sold out everywhere here in Toronto).
Since the day I received it, I have not been using anything else but this palette.
All the shadows included are buttery, creamy, highly pigmented and easy to blend. The palette itself is compact and well designed. The color choices are phenomenal and putting together 2 or 3 colors for one look a no brainer.
Today I'm wearing sidecar, virgin and naked for a no make up shimmer look. Yesterday I wore creep, darkhorse, and naked and virgin for a smokey look. This palette is my favourite item in my stash now. I pull this out every morning and end up with the perfect combination of shadows everytime.

Virgin is an awesome brow bone highlight color, and naked is an amazing nude that I take to blend out some of the more intense colors up to my browbone. Buck is awesome for lightly defining the crease area for days when I don't want to look dramatic but still want a VERY subtle definition, half baked is a beautiful and well pigmented gold that normally gets put on the middle of my lid to create depth, and all the darker colors - smog, darkhorse, toasted, hustle, creep and gunmetal- are amazing for crease, smokey, even as liner (with a wet angled brush).

This palette is such a winner, if u live where u can still get one, GET ONE! for 44 USD, you cant go wrong.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2010 6:27:00 AM More reviews by KIMLYNNE

Okay, I haven't actually bought UD yet..but I did try some of the eyeshadows on and....AMAZING is all I can say. It lasts and lasts. The colors are fun (shimmery) and blend so easily. I felt beautiful while wearing these shadows. I have found that they sell Urban Decay at JCPenny's and Ulta beauty store so far. I will definitely purchase some of this spectacular eyeshadow. It's the best I've used so far. OHMYGOSH!!!! Urban Decay, I love you!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2010 4:37:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I knew from the start I had to have it!
Even if I am no UD fan, the reviews were sooo utterly good on this palette I had to have it.
I struggled a long time in order to get it. UD is not readily available here in Italy (only Sephora's in Milan and Rome carry this brand and I am not any near to them!) and online retailers were constantly sodl out.
However, after much struggling I finally managed to get my Naked palette.
I am reeeally glad.
The shades are ALL beautiful, there is not a single one I don't like or that I'm not able to wear (this is rare as in all palettes there is one shade you like less).
I see myself using this daily for a variety of different looks, from day and office appropriate to evening smokey looks. The quality is great, all shades apply like butter, they're as creamy as a Guerlain eyshadow! (and that's saying much!).
The only minus - I gave 4 lippies instead of 5 - is the packaging.
The packaging sucks!!! I hate that faux-velours (flock) stuff outside; why oh why couldn't they make plain glossy plastic that CAN be cleaned ??? All palettes get dirty from dust and fallout.
So this palette will be a mess in a couple of days. and will remain dirty as it cannot be cleaned (I tossed the awful and unpractical sheer plastic cover). I hate that!
All in all, Urban Decay did a great job with the range of shades and quality in this palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 11:27:00 PM More reviews by daftglow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

OHMIGOD — it is amazing.

Outside:
The outside is a soft, smooth velvety chocolate brown color, with the classy looking, simple lettering that reads NAKED across the front (and did you notice the adorable packaging came with a mini UDPP!?).

Inside:
The inside of the palette is mouth-watering…
There are 12 — count them, TWELVE — beautiful colors in this palette… not to mention two different eyeliners (the award-winning, super blendable, smooth, 24/7 double ended eyeliner) in this thing.

Colors:
Here’s a breakdown of what I would personally describe each color as… (from left to right).

Virgin-
A nearly-white nude, shimmery without any “glitter” particles, with a satiny finish. Perfect for highlighting just under the brows. Slight powdery consistency

Sin-
Like the Sin primer potion. A shimmery beige flecked with champagne/gold particles.

*Naked-
my fave. THE perfect neutral.

Sidecar-
Beige (with almost a pinkish undertone) sparkly color. Glitter particles are small but numbered, so there is a definite sparkle.

Buck-
Matte, mid-tone brown. Amazing crease-color with the perfect matte consistency without being chalky. Very pigmented.

Half Baked-
A medium golden-bronze shimmery shade. A bit powdery, but perfect to pack on shimmer.

Smog-
A tan-brown shimmer with golden shimmery particles that lighten it up.

Darkhorse-
Bronze-y, dark, taupe-y, shimmery dark shade. Really nice smudge-color for liner.

Toasted-
A taupe-y bronze with almost a pale plum undertone. Shimmery.

Hustle-
A chocolate-y, mocha-y brown that pulls a little bit plum when applied to skin. Has extremely fine particles of slight shimmer, but probably one of the prettiest colors in life.

Creep-
An off-black shimmery shadow...it's metallic with dark gray/silvery flecks.

Gunmetal-
Dark gray with almost a steel-blue effect. Metallic. Awesome steely color.

Zero (24/7 liner)-
Really smooth liner in black, amazing for the waterline, even more amazing in how it glides across the lid.

Whiskey (24/7 liner)-
Really smooth liner in warm brown. Super blend-able, really nice for blending in any of the brown shades in the palette.

+mini UDPP-
A small version of the big one, good for travel or carrying in your makeup kit if you do your eye makeup on the go.

...Basically, I’ve never been so impressed with something. The price for this palette is $44 USD… It’s easily worth well over $150.

And not just for the quantity and actual price-worthiness you’re getting — individual Urban Decay shadows and eyeliners go for $17 - $20 each (12 eyeshadows + 2 liners, albeit smaller liners + a mini urban decay primer potion is well over $200 worth of stuff) — but for the quality of everything. The packaging is beautiful. The quality of the colors and the coordination of them is amazing… This palette is awesome.

So yes it's a little pricey... but it is SO worth it.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2010 4:36:00 PM More reviews by LittleAussie

I really don't get the hype around the naked palette. I mean the range of colors is great, you could just have this palette in your collection and you'll be fine for autumn/winter but...i've been trying the colors for two weeks now and i can truly say (used both ud pp and tf si) that these colors do not last!!!and once applied on the lids the payoff is different from what you get simply swatching them with fingers..I'm really dissapointed. I've never bought the ud eyeshadows because i thought they were not as good as mac ones and more expensive..i thought the naked p would have been different..well i was wrong...