July 30, 2014 | 2194 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2007 12:15:00 AM More reviews by jiney17

I don't use this stuff, but my friend does and while she doesn't look greasy or shiny, I can definitely see little silvery sparkles on her face, especially in bright overhead light (sun and artificial). Her skin looks good, but the sparkles are distracting! Just thought anyone who's considering this product might want to know about this.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2007 9:12:00 PM More reviews by internationally

I expected these "mineral" make up products to go on without caking, without looking fake or streaky, and controlling shine.

Instead, the exact OPPOSITE occured! This is quite possibly the Most Overrated Product, EVER. It became a trendy phenomenon based on hype and the fact that it was an "innovative" mineral product. However, a new "break through" with "mineral technology" DOES NOT EQUAL A GOOD PRODUCT.

First of all, though finely milled, it has a disgusting shimmery texture. Especially indoors with artificial, overhead lighting, I ended up looking just plain greasy. The shimmer appears pretty subtle when in the packaging, but on your face it sneaks up on you with a greasy shine attack. Um, no thanks. Plain facial powder is meant to stop shine, not help it.

I dusted the product on the shiny parts of my face and it cakes REALLY easily. Beware applying it with anything other than a huge powder brush.

I attempted using the "concealer" powder underneath my eyes. Though it matched my skin tone, it went on muddy and cakey. By the end of the day, it had definitely caked up. And I only used a TEENSY amount.

When using the powder on my chin, it made the area feel tight and itchy. Gross!

The "tinted" spf 15 mineral veil goes on bright orange. In fact, I can only use it as a bronzer. underneath my cheekbones.

It also has made my skin breakout, become irritated, and generally go DOWNHILL. It destroys your skin over time! After reading other reviews, I definitely agree that it must be that one "bismuth" ingredient. Terrible.

Ultimately, this is the face make up from HELL. It did everything a powder is NOT supposed to do. I recommend spending your money on a different, high quality, GOOD product. (Too Faced Absolutely Invisible Translucent Powder).

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2007 9:49:00 PM More reviews by VegaNYC

After spending many years without a decent makeup routine, this finally got me to start caring about looking a little bit more presentable. The price is reasonable, and the easeness of application makes it universally user friendly. The foundations provide natural coverage without looking too made up. However, the packaging sucks as I repeatedly spilled powder all over the place (try getting this stuff off any surface) and I found the brush applicators caused me to break out if I didn't clean them often. I also got over the whole shimmery makeup phase and eventually I moved on to a matte foundation (Maybelline Dream Matte). But, I can easily see why this has a cult following and would recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2007 8:37:00 PM More reviews by mezcal

I loved this at first.......i was so happy! it covered up my acne scars and worked well as a concealer for active zits...and it didnt feel fake or like i was wearing a mask (i cant handle liquid foundation, I'm a natural-makeup girl).

BUT! alas, after a few weeks I got all these little bumps on my face......and though they have subsided, they still havent gone away even through i've stopped using it!!! now i am going to try a facial/peel in hopes of returning my skin to what it was before. which wasn't perfect, but geez, it really sucks to have makeup make it WORSE.

if your skin is not sensitive, this might really work for you, but if your skin is sensitive and acne-prone, i would seriously not recommend this.

i just ordered the EM sample kit because it doesn't have bismuth oxychloride in it, which apparently gets in the pores and irritates them - we'll see how that goes....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2007 2:15:00 PM More reviews by tuffers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use Bare Minerals in light over my regular foundation and it works great. I apply them both lightly and it looks very even and natural. I don't like Bare Minerals alone, it doesn't give enough coverage. If I use my regular foundation alone, it's not matte enough for my tastes so I like to powder it down. Bare Minerals is my powder of choice.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2007 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Candacedw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One of my good friends recommended this product to me. It looks beautiful on her skin, and when I tried it on, I loved it. I could not wait to get my kit in the mail. At first,it looked good on my face and I knew then and there I could never go back to liquid foundation. After several weeks, I began to break out severely. I have never had perfect skin, but I had the breakouts under control. I did not want to believe it was the BE but after I washed my face at night, my skin looked better after just a few hours. The breakouts were all over my face and out of control. (FYI, I do wash my brushes regularly and I was still having this dilhema.) I researched the product a lot and came across reviews about Everyday Minerals. You can order a sample kit and pay only for the shipping. I have been using my sample kit for about a week and my skin looks better than it has in months. I really HATE that BE did not work out for me, but so far I am really happy with EM, I ordered a kit yesterday.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2007 4:56:00 PM More reviews by beaumonde77

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

WHY NOT TO USE THIS PRODUCT. If you don't care about the health of your skin, by all means disregaurd this and use the B.E. products. I've been using all types of bare minerals products for about a year and a half and now I've decided to call it quits. It was good while it lasted but I recently discovered that, though this product claims to be 100% pure and whatnot, there is a faulty ingredient. Its called Bismuth Oxychloride. This ingredient causes irritation, redness, and it enlarges pores. Its no good and it's in almost all of the bare minerals products! I reuse to use this line ever again and I am immediately switching over to graden botanica... Trust me people, DO NOT USE THE MINERALS. Though I loved it, and it served me very well, it does more harm than good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2007 8:43:00 AM More reviews by Steph0891

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

nc25 and i was able to swap for LIGHT. i remember trying this years ago and just didn't like it much at the time since i felt it didn't have enough coverage for me so i had given it to my mom and she loved it. i decided to give it another try since i had a chance to swap for it and this time around i love it. makes my skin look so flawless. has just enough coverage w/out making it look cakey. lasts a long time too. when i wear this i get compliments on how flawless my skin looks and am asked what i wear if any. could be my new hg. tempted to try other mineral makeup brands tho. lol. nothing wrong w/ this...i'm just makeup crazy and am the type to try many before settling. haha.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2007 6:46:00 PM More reviews by tomchik

Sadly, I wore bare minerals fairly light 1.2 foundation for about 2 years before I finally caught a glimpse of myself in full sun in the summer... yikes!!! This stuff oxidizes horribly - I looked like an oompa loompa. It was the first mineral makeup I tried, and I stuck with it despite the fact that it sweated off, caked up, and made my face itch (I hated liquid foundation that much more). I recently discovered everyday minerals and was finally able to kick BE to the curb.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2007 2:37:00 AM More reviews by triniloveyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have acne-prone skin and this product works well for me because it does not make me break out like some other foundations do. I like it for that reason. but none of their shades match my skin good, they all give my face a whitish appearance to it and the holes in the containers are way too big, it always spills everywhere.