November 28, 2014 | 1935 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2007 11:10:00 PM More reviews by dermageek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ho hum product IMO. I was nursing my son in the wee hours of the morning when I started watching the infomercials. It sounded ideal. The process took some getting used to, but when I would first put on BE in the morning (and taking great pain to cover all trouble areas) I really liked it. It seemed to take a few minutes to "set", but then I was quite pleased with the results. Problem: about 15-20 minutes after applying I would start to itch around my nose, as if a m/u brush hair had fallen loose on my face. I would search for this elusive little hair, but after wearing BE for weeks I noticed that I ALWAYS itched. Unacceptable. Also, although I liked the look after application I noticed that the m/u (aka "minerals") were not keeping my trouble spots covered. This was true whether I used the BE foundation, the multi-tasking bisque, and the result was not affected by the use of the concealer brush. Perhaps my trouble areas are more extensive than most (little vein on my right eyelid, tiny broken blood vessels around my nostrils and on my chin, and a little darkness in the corners of and underneath my eyes), but this didn't work for me and I thought I should be completely forthright about my issues. So I've gone back to Mary Kay's medium coverage foundation and Revlon's ColorStay Active Light foundation. I don't have problems with "demarkation" lines as Leslie Blodgett likes to point out because I know how to choose a shade (or return it) and I've had a lot of practice blending with a damp sponge. I've since sold my brushes, sold my unused m/u (on ebay) and threw the rest in the trash. Good luck to you if you decide to try it. Perhaps I'm just sensitive to the bismuth oxychloride in the product.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2007 11:01:00 PM More reviews by xdivinedollx

I got the foundation free b/c i work at ULTA and i was excited to finally try it, but.....i dont like it at all. It doesnt feel "bare" at all, i dont like the powdery, cakey feel. (maybe b/c ive been using cream foundation for about 5 years) but after a half hour or so it does LOOK less cakey. It didnt cover any spots which is my problem. Oh well.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2007 12:27:00 AM More reviews by itzjuzKT

I wanted to like this product so bad because their infomercial were so compelling. I bought the Medium shade and it DOES NOT work for my skin tone at all; I'm a beige with a yellow undertone and the BE medium is just too pale so I thought I'd give the medium tan a try, DID NOT work either. so I wasted money on the package that was about 60 bucks and another 25 because I wanted to give it a try with another color but it was all a waste of money and effort. This product did not improve the texture of my skin like it said in the commercial, I have few breakouts and if anything, it enhances my breakouts rather than hiding it. After giving this a try over and over, I decided to use just regular press powder and I looooooove my makeup now, so long "mineral powder"

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2007 2:49:00 PM More reviews by MizKerri

I started off not loving this product, but eventually realized I was using the wrong shade. I'm now using shade 1.2, or Fairly Light. It is a perfect match for my LLL skin. I have oily skin most of the time, so a powder type foundation works well for me. With barely any on my brush, I swirl and blend this into my skin. It's really important not to use too much or you end up with cakey skin. Yuck.

My #1 complaint is that if I have any dry patches, the powder doesn't really sink in to my skin. Moisturizer helps (I use moisturizer every day before applying BE Bare Minerals), but isn't 100% effective.

The packaging and whole process can be kind of messy, but that is pretty much the nature of all mineral foundations. I use Bare Minerals daily with Mineral Veil.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2007 1:21:00 AM More reviews by cinro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I spent years looking for a foundation that would work on my nearing 40 skin. BE definitely is what I needed.

It did take me quite a few times to learn how to apply the foundation. Prior to BE, I never used a brush or a loose powder foundation. I also kept using way too much. Once I found some application videos on YouTube, I tried BE - yet again - and yeah!

I still overapply the foundation and it is very difficult for me to cover a very large dark patch on my skin. However, I can get a very natural look that takes most of my flaws away - without looking cakey or feeling cakey.

I am devoted to BE eyeshadows, liners, mineral veil, and foundation. I only have one BE blush and it is really not a great color. I would love to try mixing it with a couple other colors to see what I can come up with. That is one of the neatest things about BE - you can easily mix and blend colors to come up with your perfect match or palette.

I could go on and on...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2007 10:01:00 PM More reviews by CptSkye

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bare Escentuals has me completely won over. This is the product I have been waiting a lifetime for. It took a couple of months of using it daily, but I really have seen marked improvement in my skin's texture and moisture levels. I was trained to apply the product by a Bare Escentuals Trainer, and the most common errors in application are 1) using too much product - less is more... and 2) brushing the product on rather than buffing - completely different technique. I highly recommend the night time treatment "rare minerals" to those who need exfoliation, pore size reduction and rosecea/redness reduction.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2007 7:29:00 PM More reviews by dames

I've been using the BE line for about 6 months now, and I absolutely love it. I have a combination skin - dry in some parts, rosacea on the nose, and breakouts along the chin. The BE in fair is the perfect colour for me, with a bit of warmth put on top to give me a bit more colour. The coverage is absolutely amazing, covering up my especially red nose very well. I find that the staying power is also very impressive, so much so that I find it can be a bit of a chore to take off! Love this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2007 11:37:00 PM More reviews by numbersurfer

I love BE and all of their products. If you have dry skin you will need to moisturize before using the foundation or face colors, but you will notice, over time, that you need to use less moisturizer because of the properties of the minerals. I have relatively sensitive skin and have had not problems with ANY BE products. A+

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2007 3:28:00 PM More reviews by stephaniepress

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If you have sensitive skin, please be aware that this product contains bismuth. This product works well for many women, but the percentage that are allergic to this "mineral" like me - watch out! Your skin will become as rough as sandpaper - it took my a few weeks to really recover. Other mineral products contain this as well, so read the ingredients list before using.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2007 7:38:00 PM More reviews by jetsetcritter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the BE starter kit after I found out my aunt was using it. I saw it in her bathroom and asked her how she liked it. After she told me she loved it, I had to buy it! She's 58 and I'm 33 but we have very similar skin. She's still extremely oily at 58 and looks like she's only about 42 years old. My skin is fair and slightly oily. After 3 treatments of Accutane I don't have the same kind of oil problems as before, but I also have reddish acne scars.

It took me a few days to get the balance right with the makeup, even after watching the DVD tutorial. Aunt Sharon said the same thing, so I suggest either going to Sephora or ULTA and having them show you how to do it if you aren't particularly skilled at makeup application with brushes.

This stuff makes my skin look terrific and I love it! You only need a little bit and it lasts forever, so the price isn't a bad value. The eyemakeup stays on longer through the day than any other eyemakeup I've ever used. I use the Clear Radience (which has a touch of pink tone) after the foundation and the tinted mineral veil and it gives a natural looking glow without artificial sparkle. If you want an even more natural look you can get Bare Radience, which didn't show up at all on my face. I like Clear Radience better but I gave my aunt the Bare Radience and she likes it.

Overall, I've liked everything I tried from them, and the stuff is addictive. I suggest buying the kits if you don't already have brushes. It's a better value and a good way to build a brush collection while you add to your makeup collection.