December 19, 2014 | 1524 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Benetint

rated 3.6(2015 reviews)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2003 1:00:00 PM More reviews by MiaGator

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

HOLY GRAIL! and I am NOT a fan of most of Benefit's products (okay, anything else they make). I clip the brush a little shorter to get bolder color. I have really oily skin and rather large pores, but this one doesn't settle into my pores or cake up later in the day like powders do. Just a sheer wash of color over them, and since my pores are free of gunk, it won't settle in and darken them. I really don't understand what women are doing that makes application of this so troublesome. I dab on a swirl or two, blend lightly with my fingertips (careful near the ear!), and am done in like two seconds. Compared to eyeshadow - this one's a no-brainer. It's seamless with the skin, so you don't know where the blush begins or ends. It's what I wear when i want to cheat and pretend like I'm not wearing makeup. Looks as though it's coming from WITHIN the skin, instead of lying on top, like most blushes. Perhaps they are using moisturizers that don't allow it to blend well? HINT: Too much dead skin or the use of some waxier lotions will make this set on the skin like you won't believe. Both are bad, anyway, so remedy that first. Benetint gives a great natural-looking flush that is easy to control with a snip of the brush or by rubbing with wet fingers. You can put it on before lotion if you wish to further blend it. I tossed the sponge and use my fingertips instead - wastes less product. This lasts me forever! I don't walk out my door without some on!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2003 2:09:00 AM More reviews by camillestarr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Stains the cheeks with rose colored streaks, very hard to get off. DOes not look natural at all. THough does give a natural rose stain to the lips, except it isvery drying. Waste of money, I have had the same full bottle for over 6 years now.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2003 12:18:00 AM More reviews by camillestarr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a liquid blush that is suppose to mimic the look and smell of roses, though it does not work on the cheeks. Instead of giving a natural rose tint it gives a red streak that stains the cheek and is very hard to remove. I have oily skin and I cannot imagine how this works on dry cheeks. It does however make a decent natural rose stain for the lips, which lasts all day and looks au natural. I still have a full bottle sitting in my bathroom since 1997.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2003 11:31:00 PM More reviews by professionalwidow

Okay, I noticed that all the reviews for the lip part of benetint were under "benitint", which makes it pretty hard to find...I absolutely loathe this product. It went back to the store the same day so I could something I could actually wear. The smell was awful, just like old ladies, the texture was too watery, it looked like nothing on my lips, except in the cracks, which just looked gross, and it was completely not worth the price. I can not say enough about how disappointed I was with this product. Especially after reading glowing raves about it in every fashion/make up magazine...How much is benefit paying these people? Honestly! It's a terrible product and definitely not worth the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2003 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Spunky_Princess

I loved the packaging of this; it was like a bottle of nailpolish, which stored neatly in my make-up bag and was easy to use. I also loved the light rose scent. I can only really see this working on a PPP though...I'm light, with yellow undertones, and found it way too sheer for me. It gave my lips a little bit of colour, but not really any different than what I get from a Dr. Pepper Lipsmackers. It didn't really give my cheeks any colour either.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2003 12:58:00 PM More reviews by Trakat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Couldn't get this to work at all on my lips (doesn't go on evenly and is very drying). It does provide a fairly lasting flush color on the cheeks, but it emphasizes every last scar and imperfection. For acne-prone or otherwise less then perfect skin, look elsewhere.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2003 4:45:00 AM More reviews by Beka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love using Benetint as a sheer wash of rosy color for my cheeks. However, on my lips it is very drying and looks bizarre. I also think it's way too expensive, but it does last a long time. Overall, I think it's a good product but a bit overrated.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2003 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Flinta3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Um yea, today i got to watch some poor gurl at Sephora wrestle with this, needles to pay, she left with two red splotches on her cheeks, if youre not fast i guess it can end up looking like rosacea, i wish they had other shades than a raspberry red.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2003 11:23:00 AM More reviews by flirtygrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used this on my cheeks and it gave a great color that lasts all day. On my lips it didn't last at all, and made them really dry. The packaging is just awful. It's clumsy and has spilled out more than once. Although I like it as a blush, I don't think I'll be buying it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2003 9:46:00 AM More reviews by Tyrona

Again, I really wanted to like this, but I'm just not a berry colored gal...:(