October 31, 2014 | 1444 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2010 10:09:00 AM More reviews by amystewart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm not great when it comes to picking out colour combinations for eyeshadows but since buying this fantastic pallette, it doesnt' matter.
All the colours go beautifully together and really suit my complexion. I have blonde hair and blue eyes but I think any colouring could wear this pallette.

It's really easy to create pretty day looks with matte colours like naked and buck and a bit of Sidecar or Toasted to liven it up and then has fantasically dramatic yet wearable colours like Darkhouise and Gunmetal for smokey evening looks.

It comes with thye eyeshadow primer which I could take or leave - a bit of foundation works better for me.

Overall great palette, colours and although pricey its still full of wearable pigmented colours (I got it 20% off in Debenhams and had 10 worth of beauty points so it worked out around 15 but full price its not cheap).

I took 1 lipstick off becasue if you dont like shimmer and glitter this (and all UD products) isnt for you, plus its expensive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2010 10:02:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Contents

Virgin - Shimmering ivory *
Sin - Champagne, with shimmer finish.
Naked - A matt fawn *
Sidecar - A similar fawn/soft brown shade to Naked, only with a shimmering finish *
Buck - A soft, medium brown with a matt finish *
Half Baked - Light, shimmery bronze.
Smog - Medium bronze with shimmering finish.
Dark Horse - A rich milk chocolate shade with silver micro glitter *
Toasted - Rich, shimmering copper.
Hustle - Similar shade to Dark Horse, but with a matt finish *
Creep - Black with silver micro glitter. Similar to NARS best-selling Night Crawler *
Gunmetal - Dark grey with silver micro shimmer

* Exclusive to this palette.

[The back of the outer packaging says that only four shades are new, but after revisiting both the website and my nearest Urban Decay counter I saw that seven shades are unavailable to buy separately]

24/7 EYELINING PENCIL [Double ended version]

Zero - Traditional black kohl & Whiskey - A warm brown

Primer Potion - 3.7 ml

All of the shadows are so finely grained, highly pigmented and apply so creamily [their actually all powders] - the shimmers, the matt and the micro glitter.

As you'd expect from such a rich shadow, the application, blending ability and wear is exceptional - over ten years after buying my first Urban Decay shadow I have yet to find a comparable product. The shimmer finishes are again the best wearing; they wear though my working day, even without using the primer potion - over eight hours, and this time the matt shadows also wear well without primer *, although not as well as the other finishes - about five hours alone. Maybe they've changed the formula as none of Urban Decay's previous matt shadows have impressed me.

*The shade Creep is the only exception. To get the best colour pay-off apply with a damp brush.

The micro glitters are contain finer glitter particles then Urban Decay's regular glitter finishes, so I've never had any problems with product fallout. But if you do experience some then use sellotape to remove the glitter from your skin - wiping it will push it further into your make-up.

The pencils are a creamy formula, so they don't drag across the skin, so there is no scratching to the skin. Once applied to the lid, the liner will stay put until I wash it off.

I don't know if they've changed the formula for the liner, but I can actually rim my waterline - something that I'm not able to do with my other 24/7 liners. I can also smudge the line out before it sets if I want [it takes about 30 seconds] - this is also very difficult with my older 24/7 liners.

This palette is a must own - there's plenty here for every skintone AND all of the shades go with every eye colour. If you prefer neutral this is perfect and if you like a bit of colour this is still a fantastic set: you can easily blend a bit of coloured eyeshadow or liner - the possibilities are endless.

I've had my palette for a little while now and I've used every shadow at least twice and am very impressed by how versatile the colours are; Night, day, natural or dramatic - there are so many things to try here, so it doesn't matter if you are like me [a make-up junkie].

My usual routine is to use one shade over my lid, then pick the shade that is slightly darker for my crease, then I use either Creep or Gunmetal as a liner on my upper lid and smudge it into the lighter shadow.

Out of the twelve shadows in this set only one isn't very impressive; Once again it's Urban Decay's black shade [Creep], the colour applies as a similar grey to Gunmetal dry and it shows wear the quickest. But then again black isn't really a day-to-day shade [not for me anyway], so I don't use it as a shadow anyway. But if you do, then the primer potion and being prepared to layer is a must.

Here comes the guilt-easing math bit:

Individual eyeshadows; 12.50 [x12]
24/7 eyeliners; 11
Primer Potion; 11.50
= 183.50

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2010 3:28:00 PM More reviews by mrsleonidas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am so happy!
Urban Decay, emailed me and said that they finally have one Naked Palette available... with my name on it!Yay me

I have always loved the softer eyeshadow formulas from Urban Decay, Smashbox and MAC's Veluxe pearl and Starflash Collections.
This palette is on par with that same smooth application and extremely pigmented formula.

This palette has a ton of combination's..... You get lid,crease,transition,highlight and liner colors...for an elegant or a hot night time look....all in ONE beautiful palette.

I know that this is called...."Naked".....But,this is just considered "Naked" for Urban Decay! lol!
Because,they are known for their... Wow in your face Rock and Roll type colored shadows.

You get all of these beauties:

A trial size of the famed original Primer Potion(The God of Primers!This stuff will make your shadow last through a fun night of dancing!)

A 24/7 duo pencil:(UD's Zero is the only pencil besides Rimmel Waterproof, that stays on my waterline nice and dark)
Zero....a dark black
Whiskey....reddish dark brown

Eye shadows:(with my best personal descriptions)

Virgin.... a neutral light wheat beige with a soft shimmer satiny sheen(gorgeous highlight or lid color! IMO,this formula and its softness are what I wanted MAC's Shroom to be like. Shroom was just a little too hard and unnoticeable on me. I didn't expect to luv this one!)

Sin... a shimmery pinked champagne

Naked... a creamy neutral matte light suntan color

Sidecar... a slightly Pinked "Medium Taupe" shimmer with fine silvery glitter.These tiny glitters that are evident on application. But, they are so tiny that they blend in and do not stand out like the regular glittery shadows from them.(my 3rd fave)

Buck... a matte darker skin tone tan with a lil orange added

Half Baked... a medium bright gold with a metallic like finish

Smog... a shimmery medium bronze that's to die for

DarkHorse...(second fave) a dark neutral brown with warm bronze shimmer with "extremely" fine silvery glitter that is not noticeable upon application

Toasted... a pinked copper with metallic like finish

Hustle... (my 1st fave) is a shimmery/satiny neutral darker taupe brown with some fabulous "plum"

Creep... a dark blackish Gray shimmer with some fine silvery glitters.They are not very noticeable upon application

Gunmetal... a medium gunmetal gray shimmer with fine silvery glitter that you can see a lil' bit on with a primer. But,there is not a lot... like in most of UD regular glittery shadows!

Oh yeah!
These shadows are basically FULL SIZED!

They sell for $17.00 each regularly.
I know...Right! lol!

$44.00 is a steal..... for 12 full sized shadows!
And they are high quality pigmented eye shadows that last all day!!
You simply cannot go wrong with this palette!

P.S.
Please DO NOT go crazy and BUY THIS palette on Ebay for a CRAZY amount of MONEY!!!!

These should be readily AVAILABLE SOON
and I believe that it is STAYING AROUND! ok/k! ;)

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2010 1:50:00 PM More reviews by stacey0125

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really have loved this palette since I bought it. It has a nice variety of colors that I think would flatter almost any skin tone. The only thing I don't really like is that I bought this palette for the "naked look" so I could still use beautiful colors for a day look, but not look boring either. I think this palette does offer some beautiful neutral colors, but about 4-5 of the colors are what I would consider way to dark for day wear. I have still worn them, however they would be better used to create a smokey eye, and not so much as a natural eye. Overall I do like this palette, and I would buy it again. It was a great price and for how many color options you get you cant beat the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2010 11:22:00 PM More reviews by bbydoll703

At first I wasn't interested in this palette at all. Then I saw it in person and had to have it! Every color is super wearable, and pigmented. The color combinations are endless with this set of colors. The double sided liner in zero and whiskey allows for more subtle liner or for something a little mor intense. I was also drawn in by the beautiful packaging. Overall I am loving this palette and think it's essential to anyones collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2010 11:21:00 PM More reviews by indianbarbiedoll89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The product is just awesome. You can create looks that are more natural that you can wear to work. Or looks which are more dramatic for a party or date. The eyeliner was good too, Really creamy and east to apply. Love the shimmery colours. A very good buy.
Only fault is the velvet cover. It tends to get dirty quicky.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2010 11:09:00 PM More reviews by speedyjp

I purchased this to have as a great palette to travel with - so many colors to choose from, great and long-lasting quality of the shadows, how could I go wrong? It would be great to take the guess-work out of packing my make-up (unless I had a specific look in mind that required other colors of course). I love UD products, but mostly their 24/7 liners are my favorites so far, I have about 10 of them.

As opposed to limiting my use of this palette for strictly travel purposes, I'm actually using this palette almost every day!! The colors are beautiful, long-lasting and versatile. I have some go-tos, but you could play around with this thing for hours just coming up with new looks. Some people I've heard complain that the color pans are too small and they'll run out of them quickly, but since you get 12 shades, 2 eyeliners and a mini primer for an awesome price, I don't think anyone can complain.

This is extremely versatile - I particularly like using Toasted or Sidecar for an all-over lid color, then using Hustle for the outer edges of my eyes.

My only legitimate complaint is that I wish there were more matte colors; Naked and buck are nice, but I wish there was a color like Toasted in a matte. But that still won't stop me from using this thing very often!

Definitely worth the purchase; I heard a rumor they're making it permanent, and I really hope that's true! I also want to get my hands on a full version of the Whiskey eyeliner!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2010 3:30:00 PM More reviews by IcedMocha24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wanted to review and compare this to Too Faced's Naked kit for anyone deciding between the two.

UD's is more pigmented and contains warmer, richer shades. Too Faced's contains soft, neutral undertoned, delicate shades. If you want a more dramatic,vibrant naked kit I would go for UD's. If you want a soft, delicate kit I'd go for Too Faced's. My pick is Too Faced's since I prefer a more nude look. They are both full of fabulous neutral shades, but are very different from each other. Hope that helps! :) xo

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by angelina71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Naked palette is really hard to get in Europe, so get it if you can. This is a must have for anybody who is using eyeshadow, not just for all the make up junkies.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2010 6:05:00 AM More reviews by Twinkelstar

I love this palette, if you like wearing neutrals you should get this! The eyeshadows are pigmented, blend well and the colours are just beautiful! Don't even hestitate, just BUY IT!!