Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 8/3/2009 6:49:00 PM

I usually have difficulties finding foundations that I like but I do rather enjoy this one... surprising to me! When the SA at Sephora hooked me up with it I was all like "wow, yep, I'm going to like this for a week then come right back and return it". Well, here I am, a month later, and I still have it! With daily use, I seem to not have even dropped the amount in the bottle so I know although this seemed expensive, it will last me a long time! Some people have commented on the shine and I'd have to agree with them that it is a wee bit shiney... good for photo shoots but not so much for real life. However, I do wear sunscreen underneath this so my shiney-ness may be exacerbated by this. At any rate, a little powder over the top and I'm good to go.
My only complaint is that I got color corrected before I got the summer tan so it's a bit light. It does seem to me to be lighter than it actually is in pictures so if you are going to be in a lot of photos, you may want to go a shade or two darker. I went out with some friends one night recently and it seems to me I am popping out of the pictures screaming "I am a home-body!" because I look so pale, haha! I will have to save this to use in the winter and until then use JI or something. :3

Oh yes, no breakouts! Hoorah because I am the clogged-pore-prone princess! XD

::UPDATE:: Meh, this actually was way too yellow for my skin and I found that it was making my face way too shiny to be manageable. MAC Blot Powder wasn't enough to stop it! The shininess and the fact that 1/2 through the day and it would vanish from my t-zone made me put this one up on swap. Will not repurchase. :P

on 7/30/2009 10:25:00 PM

I just bought this foundation and when I first put it on it looked amazing. It gives you a very nice, natural look. You definetely won't look like you have tons of makeup on your face. The color also matched me seamlesly, which I am super excited about, because it has been a bit hard to find a good color when I try other foundations. The only thing I'm a bit iffy about is that after about 2 - 2.5 hours my face looks a little too shiny for my taste and I have to use some powder. I'm gonna keep using this foundatio and see how it goes. The shine may be a deal breaker. I don't wanna be worried about my makeup when I go out and have to powder every couple of hours. I need something that will get me through the day with no problems.

I was excited to try this foundation. I read many reviews bc I'm looking for that PERFECT foundation. I am disappointed for sure. Mostly in the coverage. This is NOT medium to full at all, its more light and medium if you layered it on and on, which nobody wants to do! It was a little runnier than I like a foundation to be and looked shiny in a picture! It does not cover melasma at all-so dont plan on it doing that. I dont understand how it can say HD if it doesn't cover up!!! Anyway, this may be good for you if you have minor imperfections....for me, I gave in and ordered the capture totale by dior for 75 bucks!!! I'm also picking up the dior airbrush tomorrow to give it a whirl...I'll let you all know:)

on 7/30/2009 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

If Giorgio Armani LSF is #1 then this will come in #2. The benefit is that it's not as expensive but it's not as pigmented as LSF it would work for everyday and as an alternative to LSF. The price tag is what the difference is for $18 less you get the same finish and look as using LSF.

Update: removed a lippie, I wore it on a hot day same as when I wear my LSF. I found that this cakes on my t zone and melting at the end of the day. Not a good look. This doesn't happen when I wear LSF. Looks LSF is still the summer foundation for me.

on 7/27/2009 4:10:00 PM

This product BROKE ME OUT terribly because it has talc in it. I've since discovered that I can't wear anything with talc and this is no exception. So sad, because it was expensive and I love the finish it gives. But I can't wear it. Shame.

on 7/26/2009 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I really love this foundation it gives you great coverage its natural looking (doesn't give you that cakey makeup look like other liquid foundations). I used to wear liquid foundation but it was heavy on the skin was oily and gave a cakey look, as a result I resorted to mineral foundation for a while. But then a friend of mine who uses this foundation had recommended this to me. I decided to try it and came to Sephora with no makeup. I tried on a bunch of shades and then came upon the perfect tone that matched my skin color. It was perfect because it was so natural looking and it was very very lightweight on the skin. The only problem I find in this foundation is that it for people with dry peeling skin, it may not be the best to cover that dry look. I have that dry problem, my forehead gets really dry because of my dried up acne, i've used tons of foundation and it seems as if non of the foundation can ever fix or cover up that dry look. I think the only solution to cover it up is to use a moisturizer before you put on the foundation. Also this foundation makes parts of my face oily by the end of the day which is a bit disappointing and the price of this foundation is a bit pricey, but still I'd say its one of the best i've ever used.

So this being my first ever liquid foundation, I can't say I have a lot to compare this to. I was able to find the perfect match of this in 120. I was really looking for something to even out my skintone as I don't have issues with breakouts so much and did it serve its purpose and more! My friends complimented on how natural it looked. But the icing on the cake was when my boyfriend (who believes I don't need makeup to look good) said my skin was glowing at the end of the day. Mind you, it was 95 degree weather in So Cal and I had been sweating but the foundation was still there and apparently, my skin looked good. I love the pump and the consistency of the foundation feels so light on my face. I haven't had any nasty reactions with it either, so far so good!

I have the same problem with every single foundation I buy...it seems I am neither a warm or a cool, but a neutral. Even when I get color matched, foundation turns orange or pink on me. I turned yellow when i tried the 117, but I bought the 115 and it looks pretty darn amazing.

I absolutely LOVE this foundation....I apply it with a stippling brush [Mac 188, not the 187....I prefer the smaller one].
Only complaint is that it shows up "cakey" on my forehead but I have been mixing it with a bit of moisturizer to thin it out....I do have quite a bit of dry skin there.

Anyway I love this product and GET COLORMATCHED at sephora for this foundation. DO NOT just buy it without trying it on your skin first

on 7/20/2009 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Only 4 lippies because I'm not sure it's the absolute best out there, but it's really good. Natural looking and feeling, doesn't transfer everywhere, nice container, great color match.

And the brush really does make all the difference for foundation application. I'm finally a believer!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I can't tell you how lucky I feel to have found this product! I purchased based on the good reviews, and I am not disappointed.

I put this on w/o a primer (moisturizer only), and used with MUFE concealer underneath. I used my fingers to apply - seemed easier after trying with the brush. Set w/ LM loose powder.

After 8 hours, it still looks great. Only became a little more dewey (not terribly) as the day went on (and this is in 90 degree hit).

The thing I'm most happy about is that this did not settle into the fine lines around my eyes, which I'm SUPER self-conscious about. It even minimized them I think.

Only negative so far is the pump is kind of hard to use. Not easy to pump just a little.

I think I've found my HG foundation.

Video Reviews & Tutorials