September 19, 2014 | 1603 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2009 4:38:00 PM More reviews by sm1lezx1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok so I really wanted to love this product. I was excited b/c as most of you guys know Sephora was having a 15% off sale just this week/last week.

Pros-
-Feels so lightweight..like your skin. Really thin compared to my usual studio fix nc30
-Looks like my skin wow :) plus there for me

Negative-
-It makes me greasy and that is after I set it with a powder too..need to touch up couple times a day
-You really need to build to give you a med/full coverage
-A little too sheer...I was surprised b/c it's supposed to be medium to buildable coverage
-The price obviously.. $40 is a lot!!
-it makes my pores look big .. ? wtf i know right

I don't know to be paying $40 for a foundation my ideal would be something that stays on my face and does not make me greasy. I am a total matte freak .. and this just didn't do it for me.. :(

I don't know..maybe because the weather here in Socal has been utterly crazy..it was almost 100 for 2-3 days..so really what foundation could last through that?? I will be using it one more time today .. the weather is 73 today?? Not hot at all. I am looking into trying Revlon colorstay I heard that thing does not budge. Will update later. !
xoxo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 6:57:00 PM More reviews by sana_j

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product on and off for a few months. Overall, it provides great coverage and the color match is alright. I am 153 in this, and when I have a slight tan or in the summer it is a better match. My only issue with this foundation is that it can be drying so I can't use it if my skin is broken out in any eczema or dry patches. I solve this dryness problem by spritzing on MAC's Fix+ over my makeup. I am a MAC nc40-42 and Armani LSF 8

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2009 6:48:00 PM More reviews by LiLMs55

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this foundation. It stays on all day and covers everything! I just wish I found it earlier!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2009 5:04:00 PM More reviews by licoricepirate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

BEST foundation I've used so far. Expensive, though. Comes in a pump bottle, which is rly convenient & sanitary & all that. Good coverage & feels really light & smooth. Reacts well with my skin, which is kind of an oily acne-scarred mess. Yay.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2009 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Bimmy0813

I bought this foundation due to all the hype. Personally, I think the foundation is average. The coverage is buildable, but like any other foundation too much can look cakey. There is no fragrance, so that's a plus. But a major flaw is I found it to cause my pores to clog up and minor break outs. Overall, it's nothing out of the ordinary. I will not repurchase this product nor do I recommend it. If you have the money and you want to try it, go for it. Otherwise, you are not missing out on much.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2009 9:46:00 PM More reviews by chippergal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product made me breakout worse than any other make-up or skincare product I have ever tried. It took almost 3 months and many facials to get my skin back under control. Besides that, it was not even a great foundation. Coverage was okay, color did match well, but just made my complexion appear "dull". Add in the high price tag and I would have to say that this is probably the worst thing I have ever bought in all my years of make-up obsession.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2009 8:01:00 PM More reviews by helenexox

I got this in the lightest shade (have since forgotten the name, sorry.) and I tried it on. It looked cakey and miserable on me. and I literally wore it for a total of 1 hour while testing it at my house, and I was nursing dry, irritated red patches of skin for like, the next week. What the heck is this? Why does everyone love this? Needless to say it promptly went back.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2009 7:39:00 PM More reviews by LaosyGirl

After hearing that using MAC foundations will damage your skin in the long-run, I started looking for something new. I tried this on a recommendation from a make-up artist friend. It has great coverage and feels really light on my skin, no matter how much I use! The colour match is absolutely perfect (I'm usually an NC35/40 and the MUFE shade I'm using is 123, for anyone who's curious). I have no complaints, though a lower price for this would be icing on the cake :).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2009 4:27:00 PM More reviews by babyscorpion

Amazing foundation. I also love the packing. Just for reference, I am an NC20/25 - MAC and here I am 118. Perfect color for me. The color match with this one is so much better than the MAC foundations i have tried. I use the green HD primer in green, then i put mu concelear, then this foundation. It looks flawless. I like using either the MAC 109 brush or my new favorite for liquid foundation application the beauty blender or Sonia Kashuk sponge blender. The coverage it is medium to full, and very light weight. The only downside to it for me, is that it does not always last all day as my La Mer foundation. But it does last a lot longer than any other one i have tried. Regardless I highly recommend this foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2009 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Christinae

I am so disappointed! This makeup didn't hold up to my grueling work days (13+ hours) made my face look "dirty" after a few hours. I also broke out.

It does glide on beautifully. If you have good skin give this product a try.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No