April 20, 2014 | 1521 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3.6(2086 reviews)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 11:21:00 PM More reviews by annieup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this foundation. It makes my skin look really natural and youthful. I love the glow it gives me. It works well with my Mac 187 stippling brush as well as a regular foundation brush. If you like that Matte look, this foundation may not be for you. This product has more of a glowy look by mid and end of the day. I have oily skin and I touch up with a light touch of powder 6-8hours later. Sometimes, I don't at all. I prefer the youthful-glowy look. This foundation makes me feel as if I don't have any makeup on. Very light. So far, it's one of the best foundations for me. I don't seem to breakout from the product like I do when trying the others.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2009 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Arizonah13

This is a fairly decent foundation - definitely better than any drugstore option I've tried, but it has its draw backs.
First, I'm not typically oily, but I have to blot like crazy during the day with this stuff. It also seems to wear off a bit during the day (probably has something to do with the oil-inducing factor).
Also, I have lots of hyper-pigmentation spots and the coverage just isn't THAT great - its decent, but MAC's SFF is far better. I would like to add that if you just have a bit of redness (rather than SPOTS), this would probably be the perfect foundation.

On the plus side, it hasn't caused any blemishes, it actually looks very natural (even when I examine myself 2" from a mirror) and the color selection is wonderful.

My favorite way to make it perfect is 1 pump of the HD along with 1 pump of my Studio Fix Fluid in NC15. That way I get the coverage and lasting power I want along with a pretty natural look.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2009 10:38:00 PM More reviews by sweetie1528

Horrible product! I have an oily t-zone, but the rest of my skin is normal. This product made me look like an OIL stick all over. My cheeks were oily and that has never ever happened to me before. It was disgusting. It is THE WORST foundation that I have ever tried. A complete waste of money. It's going back!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2009 2:55:00 PM More reviews by drfinestgrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation in Sephora in the shade 120 because I have really strong yellow undertones, and it matches my skin perfectly...but I sort of have a love/hate relationship with this foundation. Some days when I apply it, it makes my skin look flawless...but then other days it makes my skin look really cakey, and it emphasizes my dry patches. I dont know...maybe it's just me, maybe I dont moisturize well. But on a positive note, I would definetley purchase this foundation again, and I love this foundation because it does not break me out. It says in the bottle that it is dermatologist tested. I love the fact that the foundation comes with a pump.
All in all, I do like this foundation and I will re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 11:48:00 AM More reviews by badbadrubberpiggy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this foundation!

I've been using mineral foundation for a few years, but lately I haven't been liking it (it seems to settle into little imperfections, and it's a bit dry for skin in the winter), so I've been searching for a good liquid. Usually, I hate the feeling of liquid foundations, they always feel like masks, or just make me greasy & even more prone to breakouts, but this one is terrific.

I cannot feel it on my face at all, and it has not caused me to break out or get greasy. It's smooth and easy to apply, and it comes in a good range of colors so it wasn't hard to find one that matched my skin tone perfectly. It looks very natural, not mask-like like some liquids.

I use a clean makeup sponge to apply it for most days, but if I want more coverage a foundation brush works well too.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2009 4:51:00 AM More reviews by babiib00x3

I would say this beat out my MAC Studio Sculpt & Studio Fix Fluid.

Pros: easy to blend, great packaging (pump), great color selection, feels light on the face, doesn't oxidize as quickly, medium - full coverage (very buildable)

Cons: doesn't control oil well since a lot of touch up is needed, expensive, shine, coverage not as good as MAC

All in all, this did live up to the hype in some ways. The flawless finish was there since it was so easy to blend and the color selection is so great its pretty much undetectable on the face. My MAC Studio Fix Fluid oxidized too quickly and felt very heavy on my face and this MUDE HD is quite the opposite.

Will repurchase & I personally prefer this over the MAC foundations.

Future reference, I am a 153 in MUFE HD and an NC 42 IN MAC.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2009 9:34:00 PM More reviews by maureen2

I won't say this is a bad foundation, I just found it to be average. I found the color selection to be quite impressive and the foundation did blend well as well as wear well throughout the day but it just wasn't really doing anything for me. I prefer something with more of a dewy finish and also felt this was a little drying. I didn't hate this foundation but I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2009 9:41:00 PM More reviews by firebirdrocket65

I must say, I did get sucked into trying this in Sephora because of the hype, however I'm very glad I did. Rarely do I find a foundation that is light enough for my skin tone but this did it! Easily the best in terms of finding my color.

I love the coverage as well. Since it's buildable, I can build the coverage from a sheer to full, which is great. I apply this with a stippling brush and then smooth out any lines with a sponge.

The packaging is great. Because it has a pump it is easy to get the right amount of product and the bottle is clear so you know when you are running low.

The only negative thing is that it doesn't hold up to the oil slick called my face. By the end of the day my face is extremely shiny and this does not do a good job in terms of controlling oil.

Overall, I love this stuff. It is so natural looking and I feel so pretty when I have it on. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2009 4:47:00 PM More reviews by blipd

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I want to try this foundation makeup. I'm writing in response to those who've commented about not being able to wear foundation with sunscreen if you'll be photographed. I was curious about it and then someone said it was because you look chalky. If you know Paula Begoun's work you'll know that chalkiness only comes from makeup containing physical sunscreens like titanium dioxide or zinc oxide. The avobenzone containing foundations won't give you a chalky look. I haven't been happy with any of the foundations with td or zd because they always seem to give my skin a whitish cast.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2009 12:46:00 AM More reviews by polleepocket

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I didn't wear foundation for the longest time, late into my 20's actually is when I started. I noticed my skin wasn't as nice as i thought it used to be. I just couldn't stand the feeling of foundation on my skin. I started using UD surreal and then BE, but I needed something with more coverage and better staying power. Most of the liquids with better coverage just felt heavy and cakey.

I have been using MUFE HD in 118 flesh for 3 months now on a daily basis. I use it with MUFE HD primer in 0 neutral and apply with a MAC 187. (I was not a big fan of the look when applied with my fingers or a sponge.) I am very pleased! It does not feel heavy or cakey. I do not have an issue now with excess oil on my forehead. I do not find the need for powder over top. I work 12hr night shifts and it holds up from 5pm to 8am when I wash it off. It has a sanitary pump and I only need 2 pumps to cover my entire face. My only beef is you cannot tell how much product is left in the bottle.

I am only hoping that it holds up as well in the humid summer. I will def. repurchase.