Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals ALL

2.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 12.6%, Zinc Oxide 21%. Inactive Ingredients: Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide

on 12/11/2007 3:59:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I am a make up artist and when given the opportunity I will always use this product on myself and clients. so great for weddings!
The coverage is great. It goes on so smoothly and natural and I think the staying power is great. I love the tinted mineral veil. It makes enlarged pores dissappear and gives that great air brushed look.
I also love that I do not get breakouts if I have a late night and am too lazy to wash my face before falling asleep. With any other foundation product I have used, I would be sure to wake up with a few zits. With this product I can be sure that my complexion wont be sabbotaged due to a late night.

Tip: after applying all bare minerals products (before masacara) give your face a spritz with any make up setting spray or water based spray. I like model in a bottle. The spray will make your application last longer and also give you a natural dewy look if that is what you are trying to achieve.

on 12/11/2007 12:55:00 AM

I bought this because it was the number one seller at Sephora. At first I really liked it because I didn't break out as much anymore, but after a couple of hours it fades and you can see all the dry skin I have. I am in the process of trying silk naturals and hope its better than B.E.

on 12/10/2007 7:33:00 PM

Bare Minerals is the top product at my job. I love the way it looks on my skin.. especially with the warmth. I think most people can benefit from it but I wouldnt suggest it for the extremely dry skinned people since it is a powder. It does say that everyone can use i but i disagree with that. I love the product though because it doesn't look or feel like you have anything on, and that's two plus points in my book.

on 12/9/2007 3:57:00 PM

Everybody should now that not all of us have the same tipe of skin, in my case bareminerals have been very helpfull i love their stuff and absolutly no one can tell that infact i am wearing make up, im a natural girl and i like to enhance my beauty with just blush and a clear powder and off coarse after i heard the wonders of mineral makeup i headed of to sephora and bought me the mineral veil and their faux tan all over face color, i used to get little bumps in my forehead it looked like allergies and now they are gone since i started using them....its awsome because i feel like i finally found the right makeup for me.

on 12/8/2007 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I really wanted to like this. I went into Sephora asking about an easy powder foundation for my very oily skin, and the lady pointed this out to me. Tonight was my third foray into Bare Minerals. I went onto BEAddicts, watched several instructional videos (not just the DVD) and saw different methods of using it, and this time I did exactly what I was supposed to do: buff in Mineral Veil, then Fairly Light, then another layer of Mineral Veil.

It made my skin look more even altogether, but did nothing for my acne scars and discoloration. It wasn't as bad this time, but I could still feel it on my skin...the first time I tried it it was just creamy-feeling and awful. When I touch my skin it feels fine, but on my actual face it feels yucky. Three hours later, I can't wait to get this stuff off.

I've tried a lot of foundations, and it looks like I'll be going back to a liquid until I can find a good creme-to-powder or powder foundation that doesn't make me yucky like this does. Also, it does have a weird sheen to it that's probably supposed to make you look dewy or something, but it just makes my oiliness look worse.

If you're new to BE, like I am, I recommend going on YouTube and/or the BEAddicts website and checking out different methods of putting it on, esecially for oily skin. I wish it had worked out for me!

on 12/6/2007 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I do like this foundation but it does not cover as will as it claims. I have many ance scars and this product does not cover them will unless I use Bisque. It also tends to get patchy by the end of the day. It is a okay foundation and I will stick with it for a while until I find a better powder foundation

on 12/6/2007 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation, and won't use anything else. I have uneven skin tone and big pores, and this covers everything beautifully without looking masky at all. I have read some of the prior reviews, and don't understand how people can be getting a shiny finish from this makeup. I have oily skin, and I dust a light layer of mineral veil on, then buff in the foundation, and then go in with a concealer brush and cover any imperfections, and then finish with another dusting of mineral veil. My skin is left purely matte, and it's naturally shiny. Just be careful not to apply too much foundation, and if you have dry skin, make sure to moisturize. It also lasts for a very long time!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Okay, where do I start.
I bought the starter kit a few months back and just now realized that this is what's been causing my face to breakout. Specifically the Bismuth in it. I honestly don't think it's "quick and easy". It's messy, and you have to do a really specific process in order to make this look great. But when you do, it really does look gorgeous on and covered my skin imperfections very well. Gave you a nice "polished" look, but after a while, it would settle into lines and make my skin look shiny. It's just a pain in the you-know-where.
This ALSO picked up ANY dryness I'd have. My face looked like the Sahara desert when it was dry. In fact, I think Bear Grylls would want to try and venture off onto my face and try and survive when I had this stuff on. Because man, it looked so horrible. It also felt rather tight on my skin, but to be fair, I just started exfoliating (though I won't use this again 'cause it breaks me out.) And don't even get me started on if you went into certain light, oooh. Sometimes my pores and skin would look gorgeous, other times huge and yucky.
Also, wth @ the brushes. That "buffing" business irritated the crap out of me. My skin felt itchy and irritated after I'd do it. Not worth it, at all. If you want to try something with minerals, try checking out Pur Minerals. It's a lot faster, less irritating, and the end result is very pretty (my sister uses it, and she has really bad acne scarring. Looks very gorgeous on her).

on 12/4/2007 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

As advertised, nice coverage & feel...but BAD NEWS for sensitive skin!

I'd seen the Bare Minerals informercials and was quite intrigued, so I really wanted to like this product when it went retail.

()I did, in fact, like it when I first purchased the starter kit. It felt light & airy, it went on evenly & gave me that "airbrushed" look, & I only needed to reapply once (if at all).
()The brush felt prickly & harsh at first, but I was so pleased with the coverage that I ignored the brush & eventually got used to it. I often felt itchy after applying, but I figured it was due to the prickly brush. I even bought a full-sized pot when I ran out.

()I thought I was on my way to Happily Ever After HG-land, but BAM!! After a year of use, I got the WORST BREAKOUT I'VE EVER HAD! My skin was combo but not breakout prone, so I was quite surprised when my cheeks erupted in angry bumps. I used even more of it to cover the bumps (très stupide of me, i know) because I thought maybe it was just stress or hormones...& now my cheeks are in a state of bumpy/spotty mess.

()The claim that you can sleep in this stuff is absolute RUBBISH! Part of why I bought it was because of that claim. I'm a busy college student, and I'll admit there are times I come home very late & flop into bed without washing up. I thought, if I must do that then I might as well wear makeup that it's okay to do it in. How gullible of me. It's just as irritating & pore-clogging as any other makeup, especially if slept in.

()After some research & forum reading, I found out it's not as "pure" as it claims & has irritants (most notably Bismuth Oxychloride) that many people are allergic to. Also, the harsh brush tends to make "micro" scratches on the skin -- add irritant-filled makeup, skin's natural oils, free-radicals, & bacteria...et voilà! Instant breakout.

~~~~~
If you MUST try it, at least use a different brush. And don't believe the sleep-in thing like I did :P

on 12/4/2007 8:42:00 PM

I have used the entire collection for about six months (foundation, warmer, blush, eye shadows) and love it! I love the way it feels light on your skin, not heady and thick. It covers my skin well; however, does not apply as fast and easy as it does on the commercials! Once you get used to it, it becomes faster to use though :) worth the money and time spent applying!