July 24, 2014 | 1496 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2007 7:38:00 PM More reviews by jetsetcritter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the BE starter kit after I found out my aunt was using it. I saw it in her bathroom and asked her how she liked it. After she told me she loved it, I had to buy it! She's 58 and I'm 33 but we have very similar skin. She's still extremely oily at 58 and looks like she's only about 42 years old. My skin is fair and slightly oily. After 3 treatments of Accutane I don't have the same kind of oil problems as before, but I also have reddish acne scars.

It took me a few days to get the balance right with the makeup, even after watching the DVD tutorial. Aunt Sharon said the same thing, so I suggest either going to Sephora or ULTA and having them show you how to do it if you aren't particularly skilled at makeup application with brushes.

This stuff makes my skin look terrific and I love it! You only need a little bit and it lasts forever, so the price isn't a bad value. The eyemakeup stays on longer through the day than any other eyemakeup I've ever used. I use the Clear Radience (which has a touch of pink tone) after the foundation and the tinted mineral veil and it gives a natural looking glow without artificial sparkle. If you want an even more natural look you can get Bare Radience, which didn't show up at all on my face. I like Clear Radience better but I gave my aunt the Bare Radience and she likes it.

Overall, I've liked everything I tried from them, and the stuff is addictive. I suggest buying the kits if you don't already have brushes. It's a better value and a good way to build a brush collection while you add to your makeup collection.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2007 6:29:00 PM More reviews by squeakyfish

I bought the kit on recommendation by soooo many people that it was this wonderful product. The first problem I occured was when I was told to swirl, tap and buff, the brushes in the kit were either hopeless or the minerals are impossible to swirl up into the brush... I only got the powder after tipping/spilling it all over a tissue . I wanted to like this product but after trying it on my face I just couldn't, it's so unnatural and it looks and feels as if it's bad for my skin... it's drying and you can definitely see it, it doesn't control oil and you get this weird looking glow on your skin that's not very nice. Maybe if you have perfect skin this foundation is fine... but if you have little flaws or blemishes there are better foundations out there. Mineral does not necessarily mean it's good for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2007 9:47:00 AM More reviews by cubanchik

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have acne prone skin & ever since I tried this product 2 years ago, I have been hooked- I'll never go back to lquid foundation. It makes my skin look flawless. I love the all over face color, makes my skin glow. I would highly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2007 9:51:00 PM More reviews by brandde

I also wanted to see what the fuss was all about after resisting the TV ads for several years. I am pleasantly surprised. It certainly does feel lighter than liquid makeup. Be warned: You can definitely apply too much of this stuff pretty quickly and like most make-ups, it does start to look cakey no matter what they say on TV, especially in the larger pore areas or where you've applied too much concealer! If only a small amount of coverage is desired (where you cannot tell, even close-up, that you're wearing anything) then you need to apply less of the foundation base and concentrate on concealing the areas needing more coverage (use a very small brush if necessary). All in all this is an awesome product and I am finding that with practice it is looking better each day!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2007 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Sharleigh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this out because I've seen it on television for years so I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I received a free demo at Ulta and fell in love! This product is so light that I for get that I'm wearing it. The first day I wore it out I received so many compliments about my skin from friends and strangers. Everyone was telling me that I looked great and asked me what did I change about myself.I highly recommend this to everyone who wants that polished look.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2007 10:43:00 AM More reviews by jaybay722

I have also been on again off again with BE but I would definitely recommend that if you are prone to breakouts to absolutely stay away from the Mineral Veil. It has corn starch in it, which bacteria in the pores can have a delicious food fest causing major breakouts. When I first started using it, I thought it was the entire line, but then realized when I just used the foundation and stopped using the Mineral Veil, my skin got better. I've not been using foundation all summer and just started again to use BE. I bought the face primer and really like how the minerals adhere. It keeps my make up looking fresh pretty much all day.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2007 10:40:00 AM More reviews by RuralAngel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have combination dry/oily skin. I also have a few fines and a couple laugh lines. I do not like this make up. It makes my skin look old, made up and dry. I would not buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2007 10:05:00 AM More reviews by usachica7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been very on again off again with Bare Escentuals. At first, I hated it. I have terribly acne prone skin, and this did not cover my face enough. But then I realized I was not applying it thick enough (everyone says you only need a light covering so that's what I was doing. But I went to a boutique and they showed me how to cover up with a concealer brush first, and then lightly cover my whole face with the kabuki). Anyway, ever since I figured out what I was doing I have been in love. For all the negative comments, I'd suggest going to an in store boutique and get a free lesson because the video doesn't really teach you everything you need to know about this makeup. Also, HUGE fan of their eye shadows. I have like 25+ colors. They are easy to blend, and look stunning if you take the time and the right brushes. Also, I have a boat load of fun putting this on every morning. I feel like a superstar while I am doing it. For those of you complaining about getting the minerals everywhere, my suggestion is to put a paper towel down on the sink and do it over that. Then toss is away, and wipe up anything on the counter immediatly. If you do that, then there is no mess problem. Also, BUY THE BRUSH CLEANER!! You just spray it on a paper towel (smells good!) and brush off your brushes. Its really easy, saves your brushes, and keeps them clean. I love this part of Bare Escentuals. Overall...im a big fan of this stuff. Its worth it to try it, but please, find the closest boutique (and i dont mean ulta or sephora, and ACTUAL bare escentuals store) and have them do your makeup for you. It is fun and they never pressure you to buy anything because they are not making commission!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2007 12:45:00 AM More reviews by FastKitty99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

BE was the first MMU I ever tried and I initially thought it was pretty good stuff. I never experienced the itching or break-outs that others have encountered, so I guess I was lucky in that respect. However, the yellow tint (I am fairly light) and shiny sheen were qualities that really did not work for my skin color, so I subsequently tried EM and Aromaleigh. These products were SO much better for my skin tone, not to mention less expensive, so I have decided that I will not repurchase BE foundations. Since it seems that about 50% of people who try BE like it and stick with it, it is worth a try. If it works for you, great. If not, there are lots of other options available. I have had great success with EM and recommend their sample kits.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2007 12:15:00 AM More reviews by jiney17

I don't use this stuff, but my friend does and while she doesn't look greasy or shiny, I can definitely see little silvery sparkles on her face, especially in bright overhead light (sun and artificial). Her skin looks good, but the sparkles are distracting! Just thought anyone who's considering this product might want to know about this.