January 30, 2015 | 2088 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2007 11:03:00 PM More reviews by ktrj720

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this. I went into Sephora asking about an easy powder foundation for my very oily skin, and the lady pointed this out to me. Tonight was my third foray into Bare Minerals. I went onto BEAddicts, watched several instructional videos (not just the DVD) and saw different methods of using it, and this time I did exactly what I was supposed to do: buff in Mineral Veil, then Fairly Light, then another layer of Mineral Veil.

It made my skin look more even altogether, but did nothing for my acne scars and discoloration. It wasn't as bad this time, but I could still feel it on my skin...the first time I tried it it was just creamy-feeling and awful. When I touch my skin it feels fine, but on my actual face it feels yucky. Three hours later, I can't wait to get this stuff off.

I've tried a lot of foundations, and it looks like I'll be going back to a liquid until I can find a good creme-to-powder or powder foundation that doesn't make me yucky like this does. Also, it does have a weird sheen to it that's probably supposed to make you look dewy or something, but it just makes my oiliness look worse.

If you're new to BE, like I am, I recommend going on YouTube and/or the BEAddicts website and checking out different methods of putting it on, esecially for oily skin. I wish it had worked out for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2007 8:30:00 PM More reviews by whitney88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I do like this foundation but it does not cover as will as it claims. I have many ance scars and this product does not cover them will unless I use Bisque. It also tends to get patchy by the end of the day. It is a okay foundation and I will stick with it for a while until I find a better powder foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2007 10:18:00 AM More reviews by diva23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation, and won't use anything else. I have uneven skin tone and big pores, and this covers everything beautifully without looking masky at all. I have read some of the prior reviews, and don't understand how people can be getting a shiny finish from this makeup. I have oily skin, and I dust a light layer of mineral veil on, then buff in the foundation, and then go in with a concealer brush and cover any imperfections, and then finish with another dusting of mineral veil. My skin is left purely matte, and it's naturally shiny. Just be careful not to apply too much foundation, and if you have dry skin, make sure to moisturize. It also lasts for a very long time!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2007 2:57:00 PM More reviews by christinaquattrone

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Okay, where do I start.
I bought the starter kit a few months back and just now realized that this is what's been causing my face to breakout. Specifically the Bismuth in it. I honestly don't think it's "quick and easy". It's messy, and you have to do a really specific process in order to make this look great. But when you do, it really does look gorgeous on and covered my skin imperfections very well. Gave you a nice "polished" look, but after a while, it would settle into lines and make my skin look shiny. It's just a pain in the you-know-where.
This ALSO picked up ANY dryness I'd have. My face looked like the Sahara desert when it was dry. In fact, I think Bear Grylls would want to try and venture off onto my face and try and survive when I had this stuff on. Because man, it looked so horrible. It also felt rather tight on my skin, but to be fair, I just started exfoliating (though I won't use this again 'cause it breaks me out.) And don't even get me started on if you went into certain light, oooh. Sometimes my pores and skin would look gorgeous, other times huge and yucky.
Also, wth @ the brushes. That "buffing" business irritated the crap out of me. My skin felt itchy and irritated after I'd do it. Not worth it, at all. If you want to try something with minerals, try checking out Pur Minerals. It's a lot faster, less irritating, and the end result is very pretty (my sister uses it, and she has really bad acne scarring. Looks very gorgeous on her).

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2007 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Fafinette

As advertised, nice coverage & feel...but BAD NEWS for sensitive skin!

I'd seen the Bare Minerals informercials and was quite intrigued, so I really wanted to like this product when it went retail.

()I did, in fact, like it when I first purchased the starter kit. It felt light & airy, it went on evenly & gave me that "airbrushed" look, & I only needed to reapply once (if at all).
()The brush felt prickly & harsh at first, but I was so pleased with the coverage that I ignored the brush & eventually got used to it. I often felt itchy after applying, but I figured it was due to the prickly brush. I even bought a full-sized pot when I ran out.

()I thought I was on my way to Happily Ever After HG-land, but BAM!! After a year of use, I got the WORST BREAKOUT I'VE EVER HAD! My skin was combo but not breakout prone, so I was quite surprised when my cheeks erupted in angry bumps. I used even more of it to cover the bumps (très stupide of me, i know) because I thought maybe it was just stress or hormones...& now my cheeks are in a state of bumpy/spotty mess.

()The claim that you can sleep in this stuff is absolute RUBBISH! Part of why I bought it was because of that claim. I'm a busy college student, and I'll admit there are times I come home very late & flop into bed without washing up. I thought, if I must do that then I might as well wear makeup that it's okay to do it in. How gullible of me. It's just as irritating & pore-clogging as any other makeup, especially if slept in.

()After some research & forum reading, I found out it's not as "pure" as it claims & has irritants (most notably Bismuth Oxychloride) that many people are allergic to. Also, the harsh brush tends to make "micro" scratches on the skin -- add irritant-filled makeup, skin's natural oils, free-radicals, & bacteria...et voilà! Instant breakout.

~~~~~
If you MUST try it, at least use a different brush. And don't believe the sleep-in thing like I did :P

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2007 8:42:00 PM More reviews by daisygirl10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used the entire collection for about six months (foundation, warmer, blush, eye shadows) and love it! I love the way it feels light on your skin, not heady and thick. It covers my skin well; however, does not apply as fast and easy as it does on the commercials! Once you get used to it, it becomes faster to use though :) worth the money and time spent applying!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2007 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Emilyisradxcore

I like it. But don't believe the hype. In the commercials it makes it seem as if it will cover EVERY imperfection, and it certainly does NOT do that. If you put too much it DOES look cakey.

It's fine, just not as good as the commercials make it seem.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2007 5:26:00 PM More reviews by gayabuzz

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wanted to love this product line!! I bought it all after reading so many great reviews!! They make it sound like it would be great for all ages & skin types. I am 56 and have nice skin for my age. I use great skincare products and was searching for a equally great make-up line. It is beyond me why so many people like this makeup. In order to get enough coverage you really have to use alot of product and then it is to thick and chalking!!! Actually, it has made my skin so much worse after all the care I have taken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2007 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Neume

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using Bare Minerals for about two years now, and I have mixed feelings.

PRO:

::Good everyday makeup - lightweight coverage. It really does feel like I have no makeup on.
::Blends very well...I never have to worry about the dreaded "foundation line"
::Evens out my skin tone and dulls reddness
::Doesn't transfer to clothes easily...although it's not foolproof, but it's better than most foundations.
::Does not make me break out (and I have extremely sensitive skin)

CON:

::Does NOT last long by any means. Especially if you're outside a lot (I'm a college student so I walk everywhere on campus). I have a hard time with a shiny T-zone and I was shiny within a few hours
:;NOT good if you want to dress up your look for a night out. It's truly meant for a more "natural" look than a done-up one.
::I prefer matte coverage overall, which this product didn't give me
::A bit of a pain to have to "swirl tap buff" with so many different products. Again, I'm a college student, I don't have a lot of time for makeup when I have early classes.

So after two years, I think I'm ready to try something new. I'll update this review after finding out how other foundations compare.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2007 12:59:00 AM More reviews by hoanganh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The first time I used this product was about two years back when my friends gave it to me as a birthday gift. In the beginning, the product was great. It felt light and had nice coverage; it even gave a nice air-brushed look. After a while, I started breaking out! I stopped using the product and my skin cleared up again. Recently, I decided to give Bare Minerals another try. So I went to Ulta and purchased the starter kit. Not too long after using this make up, I started to break out again. Maybe my skin just doesn't take to Bare Minerals makeup, and it will work for you. Be careful breaking-out could be an effect!!!

I have switched over to Everyday Minerals. Hopefully, I won't get the same outcome.