Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals ALL

2.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 12.6%, Zinc Oxide 21%. Inactive Ingredients: Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide

on 12/13/2007 4:11:00 AM

This product made me so sad, it broke me out heavily and costed multum for nothing. The kabuki sucks, the facebrush was a little bit better. BE is an overpriced makeupline gaining no respect from me.

on 12/13/2007 12:50:00 AM

Let's sum it up in a nutshell. I was completely enamored with this product. So excited to use. Turned many people onto the product. Love the coverage. Hid my random blemishes. After about a year, it gave me horrible cyctic acne and bumps all over my cheeks. My skin turned raw. After 3 months of BE-free skin and a tube of Neosporin, my face is finally starting to see the light. And do I have to mention how happy my sink is now that it's no longer sprinkled with BE make-up??

on 12/13/2007 12:26:00 AM

I also bought this foundation and wasn't sure when I first used it for a few days. So I put it up, and got it out after my other foundation ran out and gave it a try again. So, I tried it for about a week and started to get the hang of it,you have to find out how much works for you. Now I preach to everyone I know about trying it, you would think that I sold the stuff for money. Yes, it is different but you know different is good, really good for your skin. Try it again, play with it have fun and remember swirl, tap, buff.

on 12/12/2007 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I bought the starter kit after a recommendation from a good friend. I am a tanned Asian with yellow under tones and have a very hard time finding foundation that is the right shade. I've tried many different foundation and they're either too dark, too red, or they make my face look grey. I tried on the medium tan shade at Sephora and it seemed to be a right match. I also liked how it felt very light. Unfortunately when I got home and examined the makeup in better lighting, it was a bit too dark and orangey. I stuck with it anyways bc I just didn't have the time to return it and felt it at least looked better than other foundations I've tried. It took several uses for me to develop a real opinion. It's not for people with dry skin. I have dry skin and after an hour or two, the make up simply disappears even with a primer. It does not adhere to my skin well. If I sweat while wearing this, my face will itch badly and I will break out on my cheeks. Although my skin is dry and can be a bit sensitive, I've never had this bad of a reaction with ANY other foundation and I've tried many. It's also very messy to use..that's the nature of minerals. It comes with three brushes and two of them are horrible. The kabuki and blush brush are extremely scratchy. They are the worst quality brushes I've ever tried. They actually irritate my skin when I use them! The concealer brush is a lot softer and works well.

on 12/12/2007 11:02:00 PM

I so wanted to love this - based on the infomercials. I purchased the starter kit. Liked the application... didn't look quite as good as I had hoped.. a little "cakey". Kept working with it until ... after 2 weeks of use my combo skin which *never* breaks out started breaking out like CRAZY... all OVER. I looked like I had chicken pox! Then learned that many experience this! Long story short.. it's going back. I'm disgusted! Now what to do about this acne??

on 12/12/2007 6:06:00 PM

Um... no. I tried this at both Sephora and Ulta after every sales-person at each store recommended it. I wasn't impressed.

No one can blame me applying it wrong either - each time I had a "professional" apply it, and each time it looked strange. You could tell that is was supposed to look dewy, but was mostly just a shiny powder.

Good for all skin-types? I'm calling shenanigans on that. First off, bismuth can be a skin irritant, and this stuff is loaded with it. It made my skin itch.

To all the people screaming "But you must use a primer and mineral veil!" All I have to say to you is this: BE is supposed to be A- Quick and B- Very minimal - these are the line's major selling points. Doesn't requiring more steps to the process defeat the point of it being quick and the need for additional make-up defeat the point of it being minimal? Yeah... I thought so.

Point being - don't get sucked into this by marketing, it's bullshit.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

My agreements with Tamrak. I am writing this for someone else who have had the experience with itchiness when she starts to sweat while using BE. I didn't know that it was a specific chemical in BE that contributed to the irritation.

She thought she was purchasing something that was made for sensitive skin. What she experience, she was not pleased with and she's stuck with the BE products. I told her she needs to send it back and get her money back. She never did. She didn't want to bother with having to pay for shipping it back.

on 12/12/2007 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

geez, where to start? i first purchased Bare Minerals foundation about 1.5 years ago after watching the infomercials and the QVC presentations many, many times. when i first received the product, i did like it somewhat-- it was easy to use, looked pretty natural on, and mostly did what it said it would. however, i felt that it could sometimes look orangey on my face and also that it accentuated every pore, dry flake and fine line (and i don't even have any fine lines yet! at the time i was only 24!) as all powders seem to do, despite their claims that it's not a powder, just looks like one. well guess what, it IS a powder! i used it for a while and then forgot about it, but recently i picked it up again in the correct color (i was using Medium Beige but am really Fairly Light) and with a different brush (the Flawless Face brush that is standard issue when you first buy BE is horrid! i picked up the Heavenly Face brush which i love). my final thoughts on BE are complicated, i DO think it's a good product, but i also think they misrepresent it at times. i definitely don't think that people with very dry skin will like this, as it does accentuate dryness, despite their claims. people with extremely oily skin may also have problems with the foundation because it has nothing in it to help it last on the skin. unless your skin is at an extreme (oily or dry), i think you could have success with this product. a few key things to help it look the best would be to exfoliate, exfoliate and then exfoliate some more! the smoother your skin is, the better this looks. also, moisturizing adequately is important, and you want to give your moisturizer a chance to sink into your skin before application (i wait 2-4 minutes). i would NOT recommend using this foundation under your eyes, because it does age you atleast 10 years by highlighting your fine lines. i use a regular cream concealer there and set it lightly w/the Mineral Veil and find this works best. also, when i first apply BE, i find that i can see every pore on my face (and i have really small pores!) and if i look closely in the mirror i can see the makeup sitting on my skin. this always alarms me, but after you have the makeup on for a little while, this "makeup-y" look goes away. maybe a makeup setting spray or mist of Evian water would help with this? i'm not sure because i haven't tried it. as for the feel of BE on your skin and the claim that you can't tell you're wearing anything? i disagree with that. i can definitely feel something on my skin and sometimes i can't wait to get home and scrub it off. i have had no problems with itchiness like some people, but it bothers me that BE claims it's the answer for people with sensitive skin when it obviously has something (Bismuth Oxychloride) in it that irritates many people. overall i guess i'd give BE a 3.5 if i could, and i'm going to continue using it, for now... ::shrug:: **UPDATE** not to sound like a QVC cult member, but my BE has never looked better than now that i'm using Ojon's Tawaka cream to moisturize with. the Tawaka literally takes my BE from a 6 to a 10+!!! it moisturizes well but sinks in IMMEDIATELY (so no annoying waiting period before you apply) and somehow works like a primer to smooth the skin so the mmu glides on gorgeously! no visible pores or "makeup-y" look right after application. (check out my review for Tawaka if you're interested) these two products used together compliment each other SO well, no wonder when QVC demo's Tawaka they show someone applying BE seconds after they've applied the cream! i wish i was insanely rich so that i could buy a tub of Tawaka for every single person who has ever used mmu, i guarantee people who hated it would change their minds if they used this to moisturize with beforehand! continued >>

i have been using their products for about 2 years now, and haven't gone back to anything else.
pros: it looks so natural, and you see great results instantly. and i swear the product never runs out. i have uneven skin tone, post-acne marks, large pores, and some redness, and this foundation has giving me the best coverage so far. and no makeup line.
cons: the only problem with it is you need to know how to apply mineral powder foundation. most people complain about it being cakey, but that's because they load too much on their brush at one time. instead of using so much on your brush at once, use minimal amounts a couple times. it has helped my acne some, but if i don't wash the brushes out monthly my acne will come back again.

on 12/11/2007 3:59:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I am a make up artist and when given the opportunity I will always use this product on myself and clients. so great for weddings!
The coverage is great. It goes on so smoothly and natural and I think the staying power is great. I love the tinted mineral veil. It makes enlarged pores dissappear and gives that great air brushed look.
I also love that I do not get breakouts if I have a late night and am too lazy to wash my face before falling asleep. With any other foundation product I have used, I would be sure to wake up with a few zits. With this product I can be sure that my complexion wont be sabbotaged due to a late night.

Tip: after applying all bare minerals products (before masacara) give your face a spritz with any make up setting spray or water based spray. I like model in a bottle. The spray will make your application last longer and also give you a natural dewy look if that is what you are trying to achieve.