August 27, 2014 | 1860 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2007 1:21:00 AM More reviews by cinro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I spent years looking for a foundation that would work on my nearing 40 skin. BE definitely is what I needed.

It did take me quite a few times to learn how to apply the foundation. Prior to BE, I never used a brush or a loose powder foundation. I also kept using way too much. Once I found some application videos on YouTube, I tried BE - yet again - and yeah!

I still overapply the foundation and it is very difficult for me to cover a very large dark patch on my skin. However, I can get a very natural look that takes most of my flaws away - without looking cakey or feeling cakey.

I am devoted to BE eyeshadows, liners, mineral veil, and foundation. I only have one BE blush and it is really not a great color. I would love to try mixing it with a couple other colors to see what I can come up with. That is one of the neatest things about BE - you can easily mix and blend colors to come up with your perfect match or palette.

I could go on and on...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2007 10:01:00 PM More reviews by CptSkye

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bare Escentuals has me completely won over. This is the product I have been waiting a lifetime for. It took a couple of months of using it daily, but I really have seen marked improvement in my skin's texture and moisture levels. I was trained to apply the product by a Bare Escentuals Trainer, and the most common errors in application are 1) using too much product - less is more... and 2) brushing the product on rather than buffing - completely different technique. I highly recommend the night time treatment "rare minerals" to those who need exfoliation, pore size reduction and rosecea/redness reduction.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2007 7:29:00 PM More reviews by dames

I've been using the BE line for about 6 months now, and I absolutely love it. I have a combination skin - dry in some parts, rosacea on the nose, and breakouts along the chin. The BE in fair is the perfect colour for me, with a bit of warmth put on top to give me a bit more colour. The coverage is absolutely amazing, covering up my especially red nose very well. I find that the staying power is also very impressive, so much so that I find it can be a bit of a chore to take off! Love this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2007 11:37:00 PM More reviews by numbersurfer

I love BE and all of their products. If you have dry skin you will need to moisturize before using the foundation or face colors, but you will notice, over time, that you need to use less moisturizer because of the properties of the minerals. I have relatively sensitive skin and have had not problems with ANY BE products. A+

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2007 3:28:00 PM More reviews by stephaniepress

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If you have sensitive skin, please be aware that this product contains bismuth. This product works well for many women, but the percentage that are allergic to this "mineral" like me - watch out! Your skin will become as rough as sandpaper - it took my a few weeks to really recover. Other mineral products contain this as well, so read the ingredients list before using.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2007 7:38:00 PM More reviews by jetsetcritter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the BE starter kit after I found out my aunt was using it. I saw it in her bathroom and asked her how she liked it. After she told me she loved it, I had to buy it! She's 58 and I'm 33 but we have very similar skin. She's still extremely oily at 58 and looks like she's only about 42 years old. My skin is fair and slightly oily. After 3 treatments of Accutane I don't have the same kind of oil problems as before, but I also have reddish acne scars.

It took me a few days to get the balance right with the makeup, even after watching the DVD tutorial. Aunt Sharon said the same thing, so I suggest either going to Sephora or ULTA and having them show you how to do it if you aren't particularly skilled at makeup application with brushes.

This stuff makes my skin look terrific and I love it! You only need a little bit and it lasts forever, so the price isn't a bad value. The eyemakeup stays on longer through the day than any other eyemakeup I've ever used. I use the Clear Radience (which has a touch of pink tone) after the foundation and the tinted mineral veil and it gives a natural looking glow without artificial sparkle. If you want an even more natural look you can get Bare Radience, which didn't show up at all on my face. I like Clear Radience better but I gave my aunt the Bare Radience and she likes it.

Overall, I've liked everything I tried from them, and the stuff is addictive. I suggest buying the kits if you don't already have brushes. It's a better value and a good way to build a brush collection while you add to your makeup collection.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2007 6:29:00 PM More reviews by squeakyfish

I bought the kit on recommendation by soooo many people that it was this wonderful product. The first problem I occured was when I was told to swirl, tap and buff, the brushes in the kit were either hopeless or the minerals are impossible to swirl up into the brush... I only got the powder after tipping/spilling it all over a tissue . I wanted to like this product but after trying it on my face I just couldn't, it's so unnatural and it looks and feels as if it's bad for my skin... it's drying and you can definitely see it, it doesn't control oil and you get this weird looking glow on your skin that's not very nice. Maybe if you have perfect skin this foundation is fine... but if you have little flaws or blemishes there are better foundations out there. Mineral does not necessarily mean it's good for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2007 9:47:00 AM More reviews by cubanchik

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have acne prone skin & ever since I tried this product 2 years ago, I have been hooked- I'll never go back to lquid foundation. It makes my skin look flawless. I love the all over face color, makes my skin glow. I would highly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2007 9:51:00 PM More reviews by brandde

I also wanted to see what the fuss was all about after resisting the TV ads for several years. I am pleasantly surprised. It certainly does feel lighter than liquid makeup. Be warned: You can definitely apply too much of this stuff pretty quickly and like most make-ups, it does start to look cakey no matter what they say on TV, especially in the larger pore areas or where you've applied too much concealer! If only a small amount of coverage is desired (where you cannot tell, even close-up, that you're wearing anything) then you need to apply less of the foundation base and concentrate on concealing the areas needing more coverage (use a very small brush if necessary). All in all this is an awesome product and I am finding that with practice it is looking better each day!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2007 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Sharleigh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this out because I've seen it on television for years so I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I received a free demo at Ulta and fell in love! This product is so light that I for get that I'm wearing it. The first day I wore it out I received so many compliments about my skin from friends and strangers. Everyone was telling me that I looked great and asked me what did I change about myself.I highly recommend this to everyone who wants that polished look.