October 20, 2014 | 1889 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2007 5:09:00 PM More reviews by CaliforniaKush

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product, and love it!! The only make up i used to wear was eye make up and lip gloss, with blush occasianlly if i was going out. I never wore any make up on my face because i don't like the feeling of it on my skin, and because i think i have pretty good skin. I decided i wanted to get a powder for my face for special nights out, when i wanted to get really dolled up, but didn't know what kind to buy. So i called my cousin who i knew used powder foundation and asked her what she was using and what she recommended. She told me to buy bare minerals, and told me i would love it because its super light weight. So i went to sephora and had someone there find the right shade for me and apply it, so i could see if i liked it. I loved it and bought the starter kit. I think it works great, and i like it because it doesn't feel like im wearing any face make up but gives me that flawless finish that make up does. The only negative thing i have to say about it, is that it does take a while to apply the way i like it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2007 2:23:00 PM More reviews by sweetiegrl2u

This is a fair product and would not recommend buying this. I've only tried their foundation starter kit and not their eye-shadows or lip products.

1) The loose powder makes a mess on your bathroom counter when you swirl and tap it with your brush. You also have to be careful not to spill any of the powder on the counter.
2) Another downfall with this product is that they don't have a lot of variety of shades to choose from. According to their make-up artist, they are discontinuing (more often than not) some of their shades...which tells me that they have poor variety of choices of customers to choose from if they are always having to change colors. Having beige-yellow skin tone, I need something that fits just right and not having to look cakey. I have used so many foundations and powders in the past and this is one product I would say you should skip and save your money.

I hope this helps. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2007 12:44:00 PM More reviews by ColleenHaratsis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought the starter kit and to me the powder just looks like any other powder, makes my skin look dry and old. Also the colours did not match well. The bronzer makes me look dirty and is orange. I was disappointed as there is a lot of hype about this product. Maybe I just don't have the right skin-type. I went to Ulta and had the makeup lady try all colors and choose the right one for me, it didn't look great in the store but I decided to try it anyway. It wasn't a good decision for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2007 11:47:00 AM More reviews by feliarex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

at first i LOVED this product, it made my skin look flawless and didn't cause me to break out. but that was just the first couple of weeks...then i started to have a red almost rashy breakout, constantly, and i had to keep wearing the make up just to feel comfortable being seen by people. i found this site and started reading about BE and the bismuth oxy. ingredient. i really think that's what was causing me to break out. and did i mention the itchiness! horrible. i found everyday minerals which does not contain bismuth. i haven't tried it yet, but will soon...as soon as my skin clears up from the BE!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 9:20:00 PM More reviews by CatMc

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using BE for the past 6 years, and am just now getting around to reviewing it. This is one of my favorite products, and one that I am so glad I found. I see by the reviews and comments on MUA that it's one of those products that people seem to either really love or really hate. I hated it too, when I first tried it. HATED. I so looked forward to trying it, and since I wasn't sure about which color to get, ordered some samples off of EBay. I really didn't see what all the fuss was about, it looked HORRID. Dry, powdery, unnatural, and geez, my pores were HUGE! I tried it several times, and was about to give up when I discovered the BEAddicts website. That's where I learned how to smooth the finish down with a flocked sponge. I hadn't ever even heard of a flocked sponge, but hurried down to Sally for the one they rec'd. That sponge made all the difference--suddenly, the finish was beautiful! It looked like real skin, but better, and my pores disappeared. Feels like nothing on, too. I've been using it ever since. I've gotten better at application (this is everything with BE), so I don't need to use the sponge most of the time. My skin has gotten better, since I don't have foundation clogging the pores anymore. And people actually comment on my "beautiful complexion"! Me, with my blotchy, oily, acne-scarred skin! I don't, however, put this anywhere near my eyes, it seems to instantly age me, and makes me look really tired. I use a regular concealer around my eyes, and the BE everywhere else. From time to time, I'll admit, I am seduced by a new liquid foundation (most recently Maybelline Age Rewind), and I'll break down and try it, but I'm almost revolted by the feel of it going on. I've also tried a few other mineral foundations, but nothing else compares--I always go running back to my BE. I can seriously see myself wearing this forever.Yeah, it's messy, especially if you're a klutz like me, but it's a small price to pay for a "beautiful complexion". I use #3 medium, a perfect match, applied with a flat topped brush (not BE, don't remember the brand). For anyone who wants to like this (and I realize it's NOT for everyone, or everyone would love it), don't give up too quickly. I'm so glad I didn't.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2007 11:57:00 AM More reviews by christina927

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I agree with the previous posters - I was afraid it was just me, but this powder is BARE -- it doesn't seem to cover up anything. At all. And it is a funky color on my skin. There are much better products out there..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Chrysantza

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The problems I had with this foundation were: One, the texture emphasized my pores, and two, the yellow undertones. I'm a cool-toned PPP and the "light" foundation was light enough, but far too yellow. It made me look like Severus Snape. Overall I prefer the look of a liquid or cream foundation and need a line which offers more cool undertones to their foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2007 11:10:00 PM More reviews by dermageek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ho hum product IMO. I was nursing my son in the wee hours of the morning when I started watching the infomercials. It sounded ideal. The process took some getting used to, but when I would first put on BE in the morning (and taking great pain to cover all trouble areas) I really liked it. It seemed to take a few minutes to "set", but then I was quite pleased with the results. Problem: about 15-20 minutes after applying I would start to itch around my nose, as if a m/u brush hair had fallen loose on my face. I would search for this elusive little hair, but after wearing BE for weeks I noticed that I ALWAYS itched. Unacceptable. Also, although I liked the look after application I noticed that the m/u (aka "minerals") were not keeping my trouble spots covered. This was true whether I used the BE foundation, the multi-tasking bisque, and the result was not affected by the use of the concealer brush. Perhaps my trouble areas are more extensive than most (little vein on my right eyelid, tiny broken blood vessels around my nostrils and on my chin, and a little darkness in the corners of and underneath my eyes), but this didn't work for me and I thought I should be completely forthright about my issues. So I've gone back to Mary Kay's medium coverage foundation and Revlon's ColorStay Active Light foundation. I don't have problems with "demarkation" lines as Leslie Blodgett likes to point out because I know how to choose a shade (or return it) and I've had a lot of practice blending with a damp sponge. I've since sold my brushes, sold my unused m/u (on ebay) and threw the rest in the trash. Good luck to you if you decide to try it. Perhaps I'm just sensitive to the bismuth oxychloride in the product.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2007 11:01:00 PM More reviews by xdivinedollx

I got the foundation free b/c i work at ULTA and i was excited to finally try it, but.....i dont like it at all. It doesnt feel "bare" at all, i dont like the powdery, cakey feel. (maybe b/c ive been using cream foundation for about 5 years) but after a half hour or so it does LOOK less cakey. It didnt cover any spots which is my problem. Oh well.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2007 12:27:00 AM More reviews by itzjuzKT

I wanted to like this product so bad because their infomercial were so compelling. I bought the Medium shade and it DOES NOT work for my skin tone at all; I'm a beige with a yellow undertone and the BE medium is just too pale so I thought I'd give the medium tan a try, DID NOT work either. so I wasted money on the package that was about 60 bucks and another 25 because I wanted to give it a try with another color but it was all a waste of money and effort. This product did not improve the texture of my skin like it said in the commercial, I have few breakouts and if anything, it enhances my breakouts rather than hiding it. After giving this a try over and over, I decided to use just regular press powder and I looooooove my makeup now, so long "mineral powder"